Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

(breakfast for dinner)

Matt sighed as he realized he probably pushed too hard but all he was trying to do was let her know that in the future he would always be there to talk too. As she went to leave he spoke softly "sorry didnt mean to bring up any bad memories, good night Roxy." He finished his breakfast dinner snack and went to his room. Opening up to the place he had left off he started to read until he became too tired and fell asleep.

Not even a millisecond after the sky began to brighten had I went about my daily training session. Whether anyone was awake or not, they were greeted with either a kick or a punch that, unlike yesterday, had barely any restraint to it. Any missed attacks left craters in the ground and trees were uprooted from the sheer force. If I broke anyone's bones, my fury would only grow. Of course, they probably still wondered how this was training. Well, it was conditioning them to be able to absorb attacks and still be able to fight back. Of course, they probably wouldn't appreciate my future training sessions. Limbs would be severed and I would put their life on the line, but that's for another day at another time. For now, I had to toughen their resolve and their bodies to endure the full force of a gods strength.

They were growing quickly, but they still didn't understand what was at risk. Man had already made its first move against us and we lost one of our siblings. Another was being targeted, but I couldn't do anything to alter or delay their fate. Their time was up.

What I could do was make sure the few I had would be able to fight back and hit hard. Harder than my siblings could and retake the Throne of the Gods. When man knew its rightful place and the gods were their support once again, peace could finally be strewn about the multiverse. At least, that was one possible outcome. Man would still wage war against itself, but they would call for our aid once more. Whether my trainees liked me or not wasn't of my concern, I wasn't here to be their friend, I lost those several thousand years ago.

Matt had just woke up when a punch broke the bone in his shoulder, letting out a yelp he dodged the kick and picked up his knife in his good hand. He waited until another punch came his way and he ducked stabbing it into her armpit as soon as she was open. He was angry moving through shadows that surrounded the area constantly shifting between where he was and where the other to human like shadows were. With his body ever shifting and his body becoming shadow it made it impossible to hit him in that form. Even with a direct hit while he was in a shocks like state it would phase through him.

Edited by voltage

Roxy was not at all ready for the elbow to the stomach she received. She was awoken angry. She caught her breath and rose from the floor. She stood up and immediately jacked up her density. She didn't think that through becasue her new weight apparently surpassed what the floor was built for. She punched a clean hole through the stone floor and slammed into the ground below. It seemed like a living room or something, she didn't stick around to find out. She teleported outside and shot off of the ground. Finding a comfortable place on the small rock outcropping from the night before, she lit another sublima and inhaled deeply. The entire stick burned out and she exhaled a massive cloud of smoke. If this chick's powers worked anything like hers, she is just moving between the passing seconds. This meant that she still manipulated the environment. Concealed in the cloud of smoke, Roxy kept a careful lookout while she increased her density. The sturdy stone withstood her sudden change in weight (which was about as hard as compressed carbon). She was ready this time.

Mical always love the morning sunrise, he often got up early just to watch them. Some of his unfinished paintings even featured a sunrise in them. What he didn't like was getting a sudden kick to the stomach. Worse, whoever kicked him did so without holding back. He tried to let out a pained grunt, but only a bit of puke left his mouth. Holding his stomach, he doubled over and remained motionless for a few seconds. It hurt to even breath, he had never experienced pain like this before. "Ow..." he quietly said as he crawled over to his notebook and grabbed it. Holding it closely, he allowed quickly drew a scene where two people remained, one on a rock. As he struck a hand through it, he found himself falling through the notebook. With his other arm, he pulled the notebook through, closing the portal he created as he landed first first near the Shadow Boy and Gravity Woman.

"Owwwwww... That really hurts..." He moaned in pained as he remained on the ground.

Unexpectedly, the one man who said he would not sleep had been sleeping for 8 hours.

It had turned out that, though he had approximated the rise of the sun based on his own planet's time, he had actually been off by four hours of this planet's time.

And those eight hours of sleep were perfect for an Olimpian like himself. As soon as he heard the wind begin to pick up beside his right ear, a fist flying at him across the bed, he leapt from the covers and threw them upward, shrouding the fist in them. The covers, of course, were covered in static electricity, which he amplified the moment they flew from the bed.

"Not this time, madame." he waved his index finger at her disappointedly. "I spent half the night running across this world and exercising. Yeah, I explored, like I told you but you didn't consider WHAT I could explore, did you?"

The impact of the punch muffled most of what he said as it blew a large hole in the side of the Cathedral wall. Stained glass, broken stone, and ancient rocks flew from the hole as Ansgar plummeted towards the forest below. Perfect.

He knew this forest like the back of his hand now. He had rushed across it, choosing places perfect for fighting and dodging. It was also far away from everyone else - just him and the Seer, in the middle of the trees. The animals would most likely disperse from the area for a while.

He landed, slamming his hand on the ground as he leapt from it, blasting the ground with a few volts to reduce his velocity. He then spun in the air in a pirouette and landed on both feet, grinning. For once, he felt truly empowered. No longer would those who had once ridiculed him plague him. He was not the tiny, weak, and pathetic lightning-cursed child who was berated by even his own foster parents. He was Ansgar Willhelm, the wielder of Jupiter, and Chosen of the God of the Sky.

Trees, due to their height, are notoriously conductive. Who on Earth hasn't heard the stories of lightning causing wildfires in some random woodland, burning acres in its heat? They are filled with water, lightning rods for those who know how to use them. In a storm, they can be deadly.

Here, however, they would help Ansgar get on more even ground with the Seer. Though he didn't doubt she knew this place as well as he did, he had been thinking about the night before. She didn't know THE future, she was based on multiple futures. She had been surprised to see Roxy - if only slightly - and she had been surprised by other small tidbits which had made Ansgar understand this fact. She didn't show much emotion, so when she showed the slightest bit - even under that hood - an emotional, talkative, aura-filled man like Ansgar could easily pick up on that without question.

They're called the empathetic ones. Some love them, some hate them. They're people with the blessing or curse to sense other people's emotions and feel for them. Ansgar, due to this electric and conductive nature, naturally felt the emotions of those he spoke to. He was going to use every ability he had on this Seer, every day they fought, until she admitted his victory and success. He didn't know what Awakening was - she had mentioned it only once - but he was determined to find out what it was.

He unsheathed his blade, tearing it from his chest and undulating it so that the bronze sword was clearly visible. He then slammed it into the ground, using it to hold himself steady.

One thing the Seer did often was push her opponents around with sheer force and power. The biggest thing to fight against was this. A human, however, would be better off flying with the force - they might survive due to the rebound. A godling, though, to Ansgar, could steady themselves using their energy as a conflicting force to the force of the outside.

Simple physics.

He jumped onto the top of the blade, looking around. He heightened his senses, listening to the various energies which sparked around him. Where would she attack from? From where would her punches and kicks assault him?

He summoned his three orbs to float around him again and then held out his arms.

All he needed now was a bit of rain. If the forest didn't work, he could go to the nearby ocean - but that was a last resort. He didn't want to discharge the water to save his own skin - he'd kill millions of mythological fish and other aquatic life. Even if they were animal-like creatures, they still had sentience. He couldn't bear to do that.

Instead, he'd do it here, in a forest, where the animals could flee from him. They would have a chance.

But the dreadlands were more suited to Matt and Roxy, not a boy who needed to have something to conduct. He'd noticed that his abilities were not long-ranged. He couldn't send out electrical blasts too far - they would conduct into the air and dissipate, becoming minor electric charges. The ground and the air around him was the only suitable area of effect. His personal charge kept it alive.

But the trees? He could send currents among them, shooting bolts much farther than before.

Now it was up to the Seer to fall into his trap.

I was intrigued. Each person I had fought against the day prior had already began formulating new ways to counter me. Of course, this was all purely based on the repetitive tactics I had used on them. What if I mixed things up, meshed my combinations together and added twists to my attacks that they hadn't seen before? My strength is my ally and it's taken me centuries to obtain such strength. Thousands of years of watching man battle against each other and my sparring siblings has helped me developed tactics that would go unrivaled.

Jumping from the citadel, I felt the ground beneath my feet rumble as I made impact and a wave of energy surged through the forests and across the plains. Grass withered and faded away, trees dried and cracked until they crumbled into dust, water evaporated, and any misfortunate creature (besides the godlings) that stood in the wave rotted away into ash.

Pausing for a moment, I looked under my arm, a warm liquid dripping down my ribs had reminded me of the shadow manipulator's attack. Blowing on the wound, I watch as it mended and the scar disappeared.

Inhaling deeply, I read the layout, I predicted the next set of events and I based my strategy off of each scenario. A metal bending girl had landed and was currently wandering the forests , but her indoctrination would be postponed. My restraint was loosening and it wouldn't be long until the godlings bones would be able to snap with a mere flick of my wrist.

Exhaling, the world around me began to slow, the moisture in the air becoming visible along with the dust I had stirred up. Leaves halted in the air and the insects no longer buzzed about.

I inhaled once again and the world returned to its normal pace. Within that brief pause, I had launched several various attacks against each member of my training group. Whether it be a kick, a punch, even just sheer energy, I was no longer going to allow them time to rest or rehabilitate between strikes.

One after another, an attack was launched and I laced waste to more of the land until it started to become barren and empty (an easy fix, I had done it before).

"These battles weren't meant for you to win, young godlings."

My voice echoed from various positions around the young ones, as I was speaking to them from various angles and times.

"Even if you were to develop and Awaken in merely a day, you would still stand no chance against my eons of experience. This is mere development and I will continue to berate you until your body grows numb from the pain. You think you are invulnerable, but I am merely setting stages. If you wish to challenge my strength, return to the citadel and I will show you the strength of a god."

Mical found the strength to look up as a woman jumped from the top of the citadel, and landed with enough force to completely turn the area around her to ash. His face was full of disbelief and shock, how could this woman destroy the landscape with just a simple jump? How much power did she hold? He sound found out his answer as he tried to get up into his knees. In a instant, the whole world slowed down, until he was completely frozen in time. He didn't feel anything, and could only see in whatever direction his head had turned too. When the world resumed, he felt several immense punches against his stomach and face, causing his nerves to scream in utter pain. Finally, he felt himself being knocked back as he felt a kick to the face. He was sent back twenty feet, hit the ground twice and then rolled for another five feet. His whole body felt like it was on fire, his face battered and bruised as his shallows breaths barely left his mouth. How the hell was he supposed to fight back, he couldn't shoot lighting, or control shadows, or control gravity. He was an artist, not a fighter!

Matt had been phasing and though a few hit him they did barely any damage most of them in fact just phased through him as shadows only shift and never actually stopped moving. Phasing didn't mean he didn't get hit or hurt but the blows hurt much less.. He appeared on top of the citadel and smiled as he saw the giant shadow it casted, he was already here so going from inside to the top of it wasn't a problem for Matt at all. Though she was much more powerful he did have a few escape tricks and he talked to her shadow in whispers knowing most everything she has seen though only by second hand sources due to the fact that shadows aren't always 100% reliable. He looked over the older more experienced fighter and he popped his shoulder back in place, though he still couldn't use his left arm due to it being broken and hanging limply at his side. "i don't care what you throw at me i will not give up and i will beat you." As he spoke his eyes became pure black like they always did when he was angry, His shadow and the seers shadow both stood in front of him.

I looked up at where the young shadow user had perched himself and then stared at my shadow for a brief moment.

"I take it you have come to challenge me directly. Grave mistake young shadow bender."

Looking back up at the shadow bender, I smirked and my very being vanished. When I was within sight once again, I was within mere inches of the young gods position. My eyes burned a deep gold color and the very essence of time itself radiated off my body. As I stared at him, time seemed to go in every direction. I was neither there nor gone, but he was stuck. If it was time to move, to run away, to flee and seek protection, that time never arrived for the young godling. For the time being, he had no essence of time, he was a dial with no light, a clock with no hands. If he had time to evade, it had vanished. If he had time to meld into the shadows, it was gone.

My fist tightened as a smirk creeped across my face and I drew it back, watching the young shadow boy. There was no escape, I had all of his time. Now, he was in my time. It was time for me to teach him, to show him what a god of time was capable of, to show what little he could do when time was no longer in his control.

No time to think, no time to act, no time to breath, no time... no time... no time. If I truly wanted, I could even take away his time to live.

I felt the pressure of the air as my fist pushed forward, wanting to make contact with something, anything. As it grew closer, I could feel the heat radiating from the boy's body, his blood flowing steadily through his veins. Just as it drew close enough, I pulled back and instead I merely extended one finger. One finger was all I needed.

I placed that single finger on his chest and in that very instant, every memory of his life would flash before his eyes. From the little time he had spent here to his very origin. It showed him, no, not just him. It showed all the young godlings, circled around a pillar within a building that no longer exists. None of them were infants, but mere particles of life. Yet, it was clear who was who. Each of them a mere particle, waiting to be planted so they might grow and be 'born' into this multiverse.

Finally, as my finger separated, his body would feel the full effects. Nothing hurt more than the surge of every single memory one had ever had being purged and exposed. It was worse than getting the wind knocked out of you. Worse than having your limbs torn off. Even worse than being skinned alive.

"Next time, I won't be so lenient. I'll purge your friends memories, your adoptive families memories, your pets, neighbors, anyone and anything you ever interacted with, I will purge those memories and you will feel the full brunt of my Time Purge. Of course, I can't guarantee you'd survive, no has before and that's including other gods. Trust me when I say, thousands of years of memories being purged is a lot worse than a measly decade."

((Simply, your entire body just recalled everything that had ever happened to you. The stress alone sent your body into a frenzy as it pulled every essence it had ever experienced and replayed it in HD format. So, because of that, your body pretty much gets the same feeling that it was being torn to shreds in the worst and slowest possible manner.

Also, the Seer's entire body attains a golden hue and her eyes are literally glowing gold when she uses more powerful time abilities. It's almost like she goes Super Saiyan or something. xd.png

Anyway, yeah, Time Purge... who's next?))

(( Matt actually hit her? Are we supposed to actually roleplay that we HIT her?

You seem to be accepting it. I've gotten used to roleplaying where I swing or punch and the person accepts it or not. Am I supposed to be just beating the hell out of you as long as it makes sense?

I'm not sure. ))

The entire damn forest. Gone. Well, most of it anyway. His entire plot foiled, Ansgar still didn't feel a BIT of fear.

He grappled one of her fists as it came at him, sending a jolt of electricity through his arm. It almost knocked him completely from the blade. He laughed, just as a foot flew into his chest and almost knocked him from the sword. He pulled a Matrix style dodge as three more of the damned things - he could no longer tell what they were - swung at his various body parts. He realized she wasn't aiming for vitals - at least, not majorly. She was aiming for appendages, things she could break without ruining their bodies while still instilling raw pain into their every pore, so that all that they sweat was agony.

He grabbed his blade just as the next fist entered his line of sight. For some reason, this one was slower. He wrenched it from the ground and swung upward, attempting to deal as much damage as possible to it. It was then he realized WHY she had slowed down - she was talking.

He swung around again in a wide arc in that direction, cleaving the air with a sound like a large whistle. He then flipped around again, thrusting it backward before finally kneeling down as three more of those attacks of hers combined where he had been and exploded the air above him.

He went flying across the ground, propelled by the sheer force of her own body hitting itself. It probably didn't do censorkip.gif to her either. He shoved his blade in the ground to slow his propulsion, coming to a halt, his arms shaking. It had taken a lot of rigid muscle movement to even begin decelerating. What the hell was this woman MADE OF?

He finally heard what she said after she said it. Filled with arrogance, he turned back to the Citadel. He leapt up into the air, rocketing his entire body upward with a blast of energy below him. He continued to do this as he advanced up the mountain, ignoring the boulders he was knocking into the earth behind him.

HIs face was determined. He landed in the hole the Seer had made moments before, sword bared.

He knew he was probably about to get his ass kicked but he was honestly and truly interested in this woman's capabilities. Was she really going to show them just how far she could go? Could he even keep up? He doubted it.

But anything to push himself further. He pushed his door open and ran down the hallway. There was only one place in the Citadel she would want to fight in.

The Grand Ballroom area. He had asked about this. Originally, the gods of festivities had used this place to throw lavish parties for themselves, angered the conservative gods. It was also massive - about the size of two football stadiums. It was perfect for battling without hindrance.

He ran into the room, readying himself for anything. He looked around, waiting, watching, hoping.

"I've accepted your challenge, madame." he yelled, his voice filled with excitement. "This time, I'm actually going to use my sword. We'll BOTH be going a step further!"

He held it at his side, one hand holding the blade, the other hand readying bolts of electricity should she appear.

As the electric boy called out his challenge, time paused briefly and when it continued I was already standing at the opposite end of the room, my back to the boy. My body still glowed with its golden hue, my eyes lit up the features within my hood. It had been a while since I last used this much of my ability. It was certainly pleasing.

"You too are foolish for challenging me with my terms. Still, it's letting me burn a little bit of this pent up energy. So, I guess it's not a complete waste of time."

I paused for a moment and played through a few scenarios, there were a couple of different outcomes but the overall victor didn't change.

Sighing, I turned to look at the electric godling and motioned for him to start. If he didn't attack first, this wouldn't have been much of a challenge.

(Alright that's just cruel xd.png but the good thing for Matt is his shadows react to his emotions so yay I get to have shadows going wild well the two shadow beings.)

Matt was petrified as he saw the time god appear before him and basically just stop him from everything even breathing almost killing him. Matt involentarilly flinched as he thought he was going to get hit. When the fist stopped he almost sighed in relief only to feel like he was getting torn to shreds his body on fire and all four limbs being broken at the same time. He let out a loud involentarilly scream that probably half the planet could hear as every shadow converged into one huge shield that forced the time goddess off the cathedral and consumed it in one big black shadow box that if entered you would just come out one of the other sides, it would stay like this until Matt was concious enough to make it disappear though with what he felt that may be days. The only thing that could get to him now was sound and if the time goddess landed a punch directly where he was it would hit him but do half as much damage. Groaning in pain he stayed curled up on the roof unable to move or even make any sound other then groans of pain, and even groaning made his jaw feel like it would vibrate too much and fall off, making him experience his life over was especially cruel for someone who's life was horrible the first time.

(Sorry if the shadow box is too over powered or god mode but it is simply a defense mechanism that happens when he loses all concious control while simultaneously is or feels like he is on the brink of death. Also can I have my guy ascend soon? I think I know of an ok way to signal his ascending though I am not 100% sure about it yet.)

(( I'd say that there is no true Ascension, Matt. The whole point of this training is for us to develop methods of fighting an unwinnable battle, calculating every odd. We've already Ascended, we just don't have the damn wisdom and mentality to use our abilities effectively.

The Seer knows it and just wants us to actually ATTEMPT to beat her, knowing we can't. It will not only prove we're willing to become what we're meant to be but also that we have within us the capability of replacing the gods before us.

Gods never gave up in battle. They were bold. They were headstrong. In every mythology, a battle between gods could go on for eons. They also held grudges for longer.

Also, I've been watching so many of the summer anime series recently ( SO HAPPY DATE A LIVE II IS OUT AND THE OTHER THREE I WAS WAITING FOR ) that I can't help but see this entire scenario in that sort of stylization. ))

Ansgar stood still for a moment, breathing deeply as he pondered what he was going to do now. He was here, and for the first time, she was allowing him to strike first.

He knew this was about to probably break every bone in his body several times. In fact, if he didn't come close to death (or perhaps even die) he was going to be vexed. This woman didn't pull punches much already. Now she was going to actually show them just how much she HAD been pulling them?

Perhaps he should try it now.

He held Jupiter out, grabbing the hilt with both hands and pulling upon them. With little resistance, the sword split into two, forming two lightning-bolt-shaped blades. They wouldn't have as much impact as their single unit did but they'd be more effective at countering and moving quickly - something he desperately needed here. It wasn't about power and damage. It was about being able to avoid something coming at your face in nanoseconds.

He bared one ahead of him and held the other one behind him, holding it reversed so that if he were to hold it aloft, the point of the blade would face the ground. One hand on the offensive, the other on the defensive, based completely on the length of the blade rather than the actual point of it.

He then charged forward, using the electricity in his legs to force himself to move. This time, for once, he didn't go at full speed.

He wouldn't be able to stop her counterattack. This way, at least, he had a better chance of seeing it coming.

As soon as he reached her - if indeed he did - he swung outward with the offensive blade, readying the defensive one in order to counter HER counter. Counter upon counter upon counter. That's what it would become. It would also be a matter of being able to even stand after the force of each punch.

(( If you recall the drawing I linked - which is SO HARD TO COLOR - the blade has two lightning bolt shapes on either side, surrounding a Roman Gladius. Imagine the offensive blade being the Roman Gladius and the front lightning bolt, and the back lightning bolt being on its own. ))

Roxy took that as a challenge. Cupping her hands, she created a tiny vacuum in the space between. The smoke in the air rushed into her hands and she condensed it into a pebble. She shot off the ground, shattering the rock below her and shooting into the sky. She shot through the air towards the citadel. It only took a second, since she was only about four hundred feet away.

she scooped up a handful of pebbles, they developed an orbit around her hands and arms. If she was going to get the censorkip.gif kicked out of her by this unfair, flickery time chick, she was at least going to go down fighting. She soared over some kinda of swirling shadow box which she assumed belonged to Matt. She saw the Lightning guy streak into the citadel and the hooded lady followed. Why would he fight her in there? Doesn't he know that they sleep in there?

Roxy paused for a moment, did she really want to fight her. She wanted to jump into orbit and never look back. Only problem is that would kill her before she left the system. She still needed to breath. Instead, she cursed and vanished.

She appeared a few feet to the left of the flitty fellow just as he started being flashy with his swords. Weapons were being drawn, this made Roxy reach for her bag that was strapped to her thigh. She paused and let her hand drop. It wasn't time quite yet. Instead, she increased gravity in the room. Besides, gravity tugged on time, just like everything else. Besides, fighting in a gravity well is good exercise. The stones she gathered swirled around her arms and hands like electrons around a nucleolus. She brought up her fists to protect her face, just like she was taught all those years ago, "You keep her busy, I'll see if I can trap her", she whispered. As usual, she jacked up her density to the point that sparks from Ansgar as well as small object in the room began to gravitate towards her. A trickle of blood leaked from the corner of her nose and the ringing came back from stretching her power so thin.

Edited by padfoot

Ansgar grinned as Roxy appeared. Even though, deep down, he wanted to fight the Seer 1 on 1, he also loved seeing this girl's abilities in action. She looked like a ruthless thug but she was an intelligent and powerful adversary to be made. It was one reason he REALLY didn't want her on his bad side.

Because she could create vacuums and increase density, she was almost a foil to him. She could negate all light energy - which is what he was based on - as well as electrical charges by simply creating vacuums devoid of molecules and atoms with which to even make energy. However, he had the potential to get the upper hand if he had the right environment. They would fight in density and magnetics until one of them got bored.

It probably wouldn't be Ansgar who did. Thankfully, none of that had to happen unless Roxy decided she actually wanted to kill him. He made a mental note not to pester her with any more questions.

"Await your turn, these are individual challenges not group battles."

Even with the intensity of gravity, my body moved without hindrance. I was within a hair's length from the gravity girl's face when my words were relayed. My golden eyes bore into hers as I spoke and I could see what time had done to her. How cruel the multiverse was to those born with incomprehensible abilities. With a wave of my hand, her clock froze and she was stuck there, watching as I turned to face the next challenger.

He was still charging me, or where I had been, when I moved. My image, in his eyes would be an elongated blur. In my eyes, everything was moving in slow motion. His body crawled slowly forward as his arm swung at my image. Yet, I was no longer there.

By the time his first attack had finished its initial movement, I was standing behind him, my hands gripping his wrists and my foot cupped around his ankle. Before he could realize what I had done, I yanked my cupped foot back and simultaneously shoved his body forward. Again, I altered my position before he could even realize where I had been. Now standing adjacent to his falling body, I gutted him with my fist (punched him in the stomach) and blasted a wave through his body.

Finally, I repositioned myself once again, this time floating in the air with my hands clasped together and pulled over my head. Swinging them down, as if I was splitting a log, I buried my conjoined fists deep into his back.

In his time, my attacks would seem like a giant had just picked him up, squeezed his torso together, shook him violently, and then threw him to the ground. How it worked was, I wanted all of these attacks to occur within a microsecond. So, I made it happen. Whiplash was not an uncommon occurrence with that combination. If he stood up, I'd just unleash another system of attacks. Everything would end the same. He'd get up, try to counter me, but by the time he even knew where I was, he'd be in the ground again.

"Time Burst. By the time a second has even passed, I would have pummeled you into the ground a million times. With double or more the amount of accumulated hits. By the time you can even process what is going on, I would have been able to eradicate you five million times. That barrage you just experienced occurred within a single microsecond."

(( I swear to god, Zakku, with all the action going on, I'm going to end up drawing a manga of this Roleplay. I'm going to do it. I don't know why but I'm going to end up doing it because I'm seeing Ansgar, the Seer, Roxy, Matt, and Mical leaping and moving around in some sort of anime action scene of beastiness. ))

Pain.

That's all his body registered. A single, solitary word. Pain. Then it led to shock. Then surprise. Though he knew he could heal pretty quickly - according to the Seer and a few things he had noticed - he still felt the intense, lasting pain of such a barrage of attacks. In order to deal with the shock of it all, he had to shock himself back to alertness, numbing the pain with his own electricity.

He leapt back to his feet, preparing his body for the next assault. But his mind was already thinking before he even leapt into the air.

A microsecond? She could delay time to that extent? She was right. Her abilities didn't just extend to the control of time, it was ALL of time. She had a watch that told her all of the time in the world, and she could pull it backward and move it forward whenever she felt like it - though it seemed she could only do it to certain people, and only do it feeling-wise. When she had increased his age, he had kept his personality but his body had felt much more exhausted. She could not advance the mind, only the body, but it was enough. Ansgar couldn't make his body react fast enough as long as he was in it.

His body was a weight to her, able to be lifted up, down, side to side, and in-between timelines. It was dead weight, at least in its current state.

But if she couldn't control the mind itself, then perhaps she couldn't control incorporeal concepts, such as energy.

It was a risk he needed to take. He sheathed Jupiter as quickly as possible and then began to transform his physical body. It could kill him, and he knew it, but if he succeeded, he'd be pure energy.

She said he was a god. He'd done this before but it had been with the help of a storm, when his powers were at their greatest, when the clouds summoned him up into the sky where he belonged. Here, on earth, in this stone keep without much to conduct, it was only his physical energy and the energy of the planet which he could reach that would help him do this.

Becoming energy wasn't an easy feat. Though to those outside it would be instantaneous, that instant went at two times the speed of light. During that time, he had to force his body to break down into pure energy, the energy which ran it, while still keeping a physical shape.

Then, within the span of an instant, faster than the human eye could even process, he was standing as a mass of electric and kinetic energy, his own will holding him together.

He held out his hands. He was nothing but a white, crackling mass of energy, but he was on the earth. He'd never actually seen himself like this before, in such a light. He gasped, shocked, and then began to chuckle, finally ending in loud, raucous laughter as he realized just what he had done to himself. He had finally done it. He had finally become the hyperactive mass of living energy that people had always known him to be - but he had done it literally. How long he could hold this for, he wasn't sure. He supposed until the energy holding it fell apart. Instead of fear for his life for what COULD happen, he was excited about what WAS happening.

He looked at the Seer, grinning.

"I don't care if you can beat me into the ground now or not. I've done what I've always wanted to do. I'm in a form that really shows who I am, whatever it is!" he jumped up and down, crackling. "I'm finally really alive!"

Username:

- Name:Luke

- Description: http://api.ning.com/files/F5lqgzhZYW3hTMR7...nibalTaco34.jpg

- Ability: well he first notices his power when he thought he was sick because his fever was 101 and rising but he felt fine. Turns out he is able to generate heat from his body and create flames. Soon he learned how to control it; But he is only able to use his flame for a limited time he ether has to have fire around him or he has to use the food he eats as fuel.

- Weapon: his weapon is two chains that wrap around each arm and have a heavy ball at the end.

- Personality: has a real problem with crowd. due to the fact that sometimes he can lose concentration and burns who ever bumps into him he tends to be by himself. but the few friends he does have he would do anything for.

- Other:

Edited by stark

I looked at the mass of energy and a crude smile reached across my face. So, he figured out how to do that, huh? Transform into pure energy. What was his thought process? Time affected everything, from the cells on a man's body to the energy flitting about in the air. Did he think I'd have a more difficult time marring him in this form? It didn't matter.

Launching myself forward, I thruster my hand into where his gut would be, feeling the energy licking across my skin. Looking up at his face, I tilted my head to the side and smiled mockingly.

"It's time for you to return to normal."

As his body returned to its former form, I condensed a huge swell of my own energy into my fist and waited until he had a physical form again. My fist that had been impaled inside of his body was merely pressed against his stomach and once he was normal again, I released the energy in one single mass.

In a single, fluid motion, I twisted around his body and kicked him between the shoulders, forcing him to the ground once more and I placed a finger at the base of his skull. Leaning in, I whispered my next words directly into his ear.

"I could make you remember everything that has ever happened to you. Good, bad, anything. Yet, I doubt that would affect you as horribly as it did to your shadow sibling. So, what if I told you I could make you forget everything? From this world, to your powers, to who you even are, I can make you forget everything just with this one finger. Nothing would be more upsetting, more dreadful than to be an empty husk without a purpose."

My finger slid up the center of his scalp until my hand rested on top of his head. Pulling it back, I let him look at the world outside, the hue of the sky as the Great Star continued to rise, the mythical creatures that flew by the windows. Leaning in closer, I pressed my cheek against his.

"You are quite strong, all of you are, but if you push too hard too quickly it could end badly for you. This is the third time you've materialized into energy, the first without the aid of your home world's storms. My vision showed me a series of possible paths you might take, one of them being a more stretched attempt with guidance involved. That was the path you should've taken. Gods can mend at a quick rate, but they can't get what time took away. Energy disperses, energy dies, the faster you go, the quicker you run out of energy. In other words, what I'm trying to say is, the path you are following right now, eventually it will be time for me to take your time away. Do you understand what I mean?

Man called me the Reaper, for when they grew old and their body couldn't sustain life anymore, I came and relieved them of their time. Gods have a clock too and your clock is already shorter than everyone else's. Slow down and don't take unnecessary risks. Control your energy, don't let it control you like it has been."

Standing, I turned away and took a few steps and with a snap the young electric user reformed into his pure energy form. It was his choice what he wanted to do. Revert to normal or remain as a bundle of energy.

Matt had slowly stood up his body slowly regaining strength as he murmured and held his left shoulder where pain radiated through him as if his knife was lodged there though he knew it was by his feet. He picked it up and slowly sheathed it in his pocket where it wouldn't harm him. He was slowly waking up and he felt immense power and energy fill him and as he looked down he saw that the shadows from the shadow box he had made weren't just disappearing they were crawling up his body. Soon enough matt was completely covered by an ever moving pitch black shadow armor. The energy from the shadows on his left arm went into his shoulder and helped heal his shoulder, though his shoulder was fully healed that was now the weakest point in the armor. Matt was glad that he was healing so quickly but was afraid of this shadow armor that seemed to be attached to him. He transported to right behind roxy through her shadow and he looked at the seer "do you know how I can get this thing off me? I mean its cool and all but having a living layer of armor on me" The shadows from his hands shot out and attacked the seer though Matt used his will and they disappeared halfway there before he could finish speaking. "Is a pain and somewhat hard to control."

(Also is Starks character accepted, this will be fun if it is xd.png I know him in real life and just the way our characters are. ohmy.gif )

Edited by voltage

((Stark needs to fix the link in his sheet. After that, I'll approve their character.))

(I see its fixed and I have a feeling that the seers just gonna attack matt again xd.png why do I have this feeling)