Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

Ansgar watched Nikki brutalize the minotaur incessantly. He felt no remorse for Headbanger. The minotaur had taken far worse than this.

Yet before he could praise Nikki for her actions, Roxy was putting them down and telling them to stop?

Then there was this instant of EXTREME gravity, something Ansgar had yet to feel for himself. He wasn't sure how he felt about it. He was right - that suppression was deadly. He wasn't able to move his legs at all normally.

In any case, once she flew off and Nikki chased after her, Ansgar sighed and leaned on Headbanger's back, crossing his arms.

"Now what?" he asked the old creature,.

"Young girl? Does she know not of power?" Headbanger asked, turning. "I am fine, though. Is it my fault? Did she wish to protect me? Unnecessary."

"I said that at the beginning too." Ansgar rubbed his chin, concerned. "You're no pushover, Headbanger."

"I should hope not! Years I spend training. Still, never enough to defeat Seer." he said sadly, scratching the side of his head. "Power different from all other gods. Most gods' powers are singular. No differential. Flow like tide. Seer's powers flow like tsunami. Multiple entities. Shapeless mass. No way to predict what she will do next."

"You got that right." Ansgar said, nodding.

"Anyway, shouldn't you go to the strange-haired gravity girl? Headbanger asked, confused. "Did you not create the game which led to this?"

"...You're right." Ansgar sighed, getting up. "Alright. I'll go see what's going on with her. What will you do?"

"What I have done all my existence." the minotaur smirked, his teeth visible. "Protect something important."

-----

Soon, Ansgar was standing outside of the bathroom door. He was actually unsure if Roxy had actually been literal about needing a bath. When they had fought earlier, he hadn't smelled anything from her.

Huh. Guess some people were self-conscious. He considered knocking but was hesitant.

Roxy had been kind to him in that moment, sure, but he also knew her to be cold. Should he really interrupt her private time?

Reluctantly, he knocked on the door finally, feeling anxious. He hoped this didn't piss her off.

Roxy sank lower in the water out of surprise when she heard the Seer's voice. She looked around, embarrassment changing her hair to a dull pink, "I'm sorry. I have never been in one of these before", she said, referring to the bath. She didn't move though, she assumed that it was too late for formalities. She sank further into the water. She was right, she had been through a lot but she was wrong about one thing. The people who made her life hell were not afraid of her, they saw her as a tool. She sighed sadly, bubbles from the water tickling her nose, "So we were all scattered through the universe to raise us?", she asked, raising her head back out of the water, "Why couldn't I have been sent to Landfall or Aarong? Why that ****ty rock?", she asked rhetorically. She wasn't looking for an apology. Her past, no matter how painful and twisted, had spit out her. She survived and this is who she was now. Roxy was fine with that.

Roxy listened to what she was saying about her path in life. he didn't know. She wasn't even sure that this was really happening. She knew that she had powers but she was in no way qualified to rule over an aspect. She adverted her eyes, "I haven't even thought about it", she admitted, "But I have no reason to go back to Phang. I put that place behind me when I left." She had never thought of revenge. She supposed she could though, it would be easy to alter the orbit of the comet and send it hurling into on of the stars or passing planets. Her past could literately be wiped out with that one action. She shook her head, clearing the inky black color that was creeping up her mohawk as well as her negative thoughts creeping into her mind. She couldn't do that.

Roxy was surprised when the Seer had a Spryte help her out of her cloths. She adverted her eyes. She wasn't just going to talk then vanished. This was a great chance to pick her brain for information. She looked up, "So...", she started. She stopped and a look of confusion spread across her face. She really didn't want to ask anything. She didn't want to know her past becasue she wouldn't tell her her own. it wasn't fair on her part. Instead she fell silent, "So...whats your favorite color?", she asked after a few seconds of silence. She fiddled with her fanged mouth pendent that hung around her neck. Now that nothing was covering it, the last artifact from her home was visible.

Roxy looked up in surprise when the Seer mentioned Nikki. Sure enough, she heard the door slam open. She swirled around in the water and saw Nikki coming in. Her hair flushed pink when she apologized. She always felt strange when when people swooned over her, "No no no no", she started, jumping out of the water and wrapping her arms around her, not caring that she was wet and naked, "It was just a.... a bad memory". She took a step back and smiled at the girl, "I'm fine, really. I was just a bit stressed out".

There was a soft knock at the door that made Roxy jump. She slid back into the water gracefully and submerged herself to her chin again, "Roxy is here...so is Nikki and the Seer", she answered whoever was knocking, "So three women". Her hair flushed back to pink.

Matt had Heard everything that ansgar had said being right below him practically hugging headbanger's legs. "that's not a good idea i'm sure that nikki and maybe even the seer will help her or something, i for one have already tried to talk to her after she gets like that, but the time i tried it wasn't after something nearly as bad.She said she needed a bath maybe you should wait until after." As he spoke he realized that Ansgar was already on the horizon close to the bathhouse. Why do i even bother talking? i guess i truly am like the shadows, always in the background. He looked up at the minotaur climbing up onto its back "i've never seen a real minotaur before,censorkip.gif your mace looks like a tree! i have always wondered, do minotaurs have night vision?" Matt wasn't really talkative around groups of people but this minotaur was really intriguing to him.

(i figure having ace claim someone else's room will work for now xd.png Who to pick though.. Hmm Roxy already had Matt follow her and annoy her. Nikki got an Ansgar in the face while she was bathing. Actually i wonder how Ansgar and ace would act to each other. Ace is going to be in Ansgar's room.)

Ace had been wandering the halls and had become tired of wandering around aimlessly. He opened a door walking in. This room seemed to have a lot of electricity in the air his hairs on his arm standing on end and he got zapped when he first lay on the bed but that wasn't going to deter him the slightest. He Relaxed on the bed and pulled a vile from his bag that he had gotten from the ship when he first crashed luckily a few viles survived as well as some of the other things he used to help keep him busy. He released the poison in the air only to condense it into a solid block that fell to his hands. He condensed it and shaped it into a wolf which was his favorite non mythical animal.

Edited by voltage

Headbanger sniffed the air as the boy climbed atop him. However, he did not strike him. Sensing no hostile intent, he simply grabbed the boy and lowered him onto his lap, sort of like a father figure would.

"Vision of the Night?" Headbanger thought for a moment. "I can sense things far greater than most in night. Night is time for sleep, however. Resting. Preparing for the next day. But if needed I could see in the dark."

For some reason, Headbanger felt like this boy was acting slightly like Ansgar. However, Ansgar's sudden appearance in the Forest of the Apple had been far more "shocking" than this boy.

Rather than attempt to take the Apple, Ansgar had looked around the woods for more than just that. He had then sat right down under the base of a nearby tree. Before long, he and Headbanger had begun having a conversation about the Apples themselves.

He didn't know why he had responded in the first place. Headbanger wasn't much for talk but after years of the gods being gone, leaving him finally in peace, it had dawned upon him how boring and lax his existence was without them. He depended on them for daily conflicts, strengthening his own body. But the Seer had told him that soon new godlings would appear.

He had been both excited and anxious - but not afraid. He had been quite ready.

But this? This conversation thing was actually quite pleasant. Perhaps these new gods would change what the old gods had started? If they did not desire to fight amongst themselves as the old ones had done then maybe...

But Headbanger knew not of fate nor of destiny. He knew only one truth - that all things have a reason. He had learned that from the Seer.

----

Ansgar was a bit confused as to Roxy's tone. He also realized how foolish he had been for not stating his purpose of being there when he knocked.

"Well, mistresses, then." he said suddenly. "I'm just making sure Roxy is fine. After all, it was my game which led to this, I believe. Oh, and Headbanger wants you to know that he's ok. I told you he's resilient. He fought Thor, Odin, Zeus... gods we have yet to even TOUCH the powers of. He's not that easy to take down."

He smiled at the thought.

(( A. I may make a character sheet for Headbanger as my 'human'. Of course, I will probably change his name.

B. Voltage, it's vial, not vile. Vile is actually a concept or adjective depicting something horrifying, disturbing, or grotesque. A vial is a noun representing a small, glass container or other like object which can contain some sort of alchemic ingredient.

PLEASE do not make this mistake again because it completely changes what you're trying to say.

It makes it sound like you pulled a disgusting demon from your bag.

C. I'm surprised Ace didn't notice the hole in the wall.

D. What powers does Ace actually have, anyway? ))

(my bad i'll remember it i thought it was off but i didn't see the actual word in what it said i could have. even though vile wouldn't be too off on some of the stuff Ace could do. He is very unperceptive and tired does't surprise me at all that he doesn't notice the hole. His power is poison http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Poison_Manipulation there is the link i got it from.)

Matt didn't like being moved so he climbed up again "No i don't wanna be on the ground nor close to it i like the view up here better. Why is that apple so precious anyways i mean it only lasts an hour right? thats not a long time though any power isn't very specific. If i was to make it completely and utterly dark and ran around you would be able to see me? Awe well now i know not to make funny faces at other minotaurs if they aren't as relaxed as you, even if it is completely dark when i do it that probably would anger them." He let out a soft chuckle as he imagined other raging cow things. He grabbed a hold of headbangers horns as he lay partway on the much bigger creatures head. He was enjoying the view and honestly headbanger didn't seam that much of a threat if anything Matt would be able to get away relatively unharmed.

(( I'm happy that someone likes Headbanger as much as I do.

I actually didn't mean for him to be intelligent until I realized that he would have to be.

And now I don't want to lose him. ;3

Another thing - in mythology, the ONLY reason minotaurs are depicted as vicious creatures is because they served to protect certain objects, such as the great labyrinth. In only some stories was there a minotaur (perhaps the same one) guarding the Golden Apples. In most tales, it is only Atlas himself who has the height enough to reach the top of the tree to grab the apples.

Hercules (Heracles) ends up having to trick him in order to get him to get them for him. ))

Headbanger chuckled slightly, remembering with fondness the mortal children who would enter his garden acting slightly the same as this boy. Of course, he didn't get to stay with those children long - they would be banished from the garden within mere minutes.

But their laughs.. unafraid of the great beast before them. What courage was that? They called it wonder.

"That is only one power of the Apple." Headbanger commented. He retrieved the precious, shining fruit from the depths of his armor.

The thing which symbolized his duty, symbolized his responsibility. Eons of defending it from those who desired its power, just for the sport of it. He couldn't remember now if it had been a punishment or a privilege for him to stand under the tree as he did now but he was indifferent.

"It's greatest power is when it is fully eaten. This is a great challenge." Headbanger said softly, smirking. "Only I can eat them without feeling their adverse effects. The apples are magically empowering only when at least one bite is left. However, that last bite.. it is a gamble. It can grant you more power than you had before, increasing your might. But... it can also kill gods. It must take a price equivalent to the gift it gives. The gift of the last bite depends upon the one who eats it."

He tossed it in the air a few times, coughing slightly.

"Young godling, do you truly not feel any desire for the apples that your ancestors fought for?" the minotaur turned slightly, curious. "They fought with their blood and honor. Some even died. I turned many a god away from the tree. But now... have they also lost their powers upon us? Would that mean I am no longer bound?"

He mulled over this for a moment.

"Inconsequential." he sighed, staring at the apple.

- Username: Thaelasan

- Name: Headbanger (One of Ansgar's many names for him.) Real name Icarus, or Vikare.

- Description: He is both a beast and a man, with the body of humanoid but the face and musculature of a bull. He wears rugged leather and mail armor, with a belt covered in bags full of herbs and other objects of note. His coarse hair falls ruggedly over his body. He always carries his weapon - the Headcrusher (now called the Headbanger) - in his hand or upon his back in a strap made for it.

- Ability: Each day (currently), Vikare is resurrected from his mortal wounds suffered in battle, only to battle again against those who may wish to claim his legendary golden apple.

He can choose to take a bite of one of his golden apples or eat one during a battle, suffering a random effect based on a dice roll.

He can also enrage during combat, if he sees enough blood or red hues, but this makes him erratic and unstable, making him a threat to everyone present.

- Weapon: (a god is only as strong as his weapon. These will become available upon Awakening) Headbanger - This large, intimidating mace is crafted from shards of statues, broken glass, surrounded in chains of leather and metal enchanted against magic, and anointed with a pair of wings leading to a giant orb like a sun.

- Personality: Vikare is a thoughtful and quiet creature, often pondering the state of things. He holds a great loyalty and affinity for the Seer, who he sees as a honorable and tragic lady of fate. He is fiercely protective of the Golden Apples he carries. However, it seems he's becoming less and less so, as if the curse which once tied him to his duty is becoming weak.

History: Vikare was once a human, a great warrior who served under Theseus. He was the son of Daedalus, an inventor of great note. However, Minos became the great location of a tragedy for Vikare.

However, Vikare became far too thirsty for battle over time, and went mad as a result. He became a furious and wild-hearted beast of a man, enraged at the slightest provocation. For his own entertainment, the King of Minos capture the mad Vikare and imprisoned him in the labyrinth, forcing him to try to kill his own leader, Theseus. Theseus escaped later on, and the enraged King of Minos made a prayer to an unknown god of Olympus for his new slave Vikare to be punished for his failure.

The god, a trickster, both cursed and blessed Vikare to become a great minotaur, a beast which suited his mad frenzies. When Daedalus saw his son after this transformation - when Daedalus was imprisoned in the maze - he promised him he would free him from the curse.

Daedalus formed a pair of wings which would be suitable for flying away from the maze. However, Vikare did not heed his father's warnings when he said not to fly too close to the sun.

Vikare had not seen the sun in years. The great symbol of Apollo beckoned him. Desperate, close to madness, and yearning for a death to free him from this plague, Vikare flew to the sun, awaiting his plummet to the waters as his father called him from below.

His wings melted. He fell into the water, only to be rescued by the nymphs of the Great Sea. He was brought before a kindly goddess, who took pity upon the once-honored soldier. Though she could not cure him, she came up with a way with which he could proudly serve the gods.

He would protect the Golden Apples using the strength of his new form, unable to die, forever able to battle against the gods themselves. Though many would find this a curse, Vikare was proud of his new duty. Let the gods come and face him for the fruit of the tree.

And let them be cast aside like nothing before the mighty tempest of his rage.

- Other: Vikare believes fully that the "kindly" goddess was the Seer, since he can not die and that is her realm of expertise. He also believes he DID die but she did not take his soul.

Whether this is true or not is known only to the Seer.

Edited by Thaelasan

Matt shrugged and chuckled softly "The apple is very tempting and honestly i would love to test it out and eat it but i'm tired of fighting and honestly i don't have a strong fighting power, what good would it be to try and get the apple if i'm gonna just get punched in the face by a giant bull? you still have your duties as i'm sure many people still want the apple though i personally only wanted to get it to prove to myself that even though my power is not strong for fighting i can do well. at least i made it here." He slowly sat on the head of him holding the horn to stay on. He looked down smiling "Is headbanger your real name? my names Matt nice to meet you"

Edited by voltage

"It is a strong name. However, no, it is not my true name." the minotaur replied, chuckling. "My true name is Vikare. Icarus. The one who Ascended too high."

He looked sad for a moment but regained his composure fairly quickly.

"Let it be a lesson to you, young godling, should you know of that story." Vikare said sternly. "Never should you try to Ascend too quickly, or too high. Hubris was the end of the gods before you. Hubris made them believe themselves invincible. Hubris is what the Seer wishes to beat out of you. Understand your weaknesses, as you have. Conquer them. Become them. But also know your strengths. Join them. Live them. Your might is only as strong as your will. But never allow yourself to be controlled by greed."

Matt saw that moment of sadness flash across the minotaurs face and hung upside down making a funny face to try and make him laugh. He nodded as he listened to the wise words of the much older creature "So she plans on beating us but what happens if she kills one in the process wont that make her feel like she is invincible and have her be destroyed eventually as well? my strengths an weakness's i know but how am i suppose to embrace my inability to fight when i have been suppose to fight too ascend or survive against the seer, retrieval things are my specialty though." He held up the apple that he had retrieved by putting his hand through the shadows in headbangers armor and he placed the apple back on the minotaurs head. "if only there was someone else with my powers that could teach me how to use them."

For some reason, Vikare didn't feel any urge to hit Matt whatsoever for touching the apple. It was slightly frightening, to tell the truth. Normally he would have immediately grabbed the boy's arm and forced him to release it.

But... why didn't he? And why was he worried why he didn't? This was strange. But for some reason he appreciated the kindness of the boy, who returned the apple rather than stole it for his own use.

"I have many of these, child. Here." Vikare suddenly said, grabbing another apple from one of his satchels. "Let us eat together. Just be sure you leave at least one last bite of the apple. I fear for you if you do not. I would not have the power to save you should it be lethal."

With that, he held up the apple he had retrieved from the bag, hovering it before Matt's reach.

"This is a test of courage. This is a test of your will. This is a test of your focus." the minotaur said calmly. "Eating the Apple itself proves the worth of the one who eats it. The Apple tastes like different things. The taste is based on your inner strength, your desires, your honor, and your soul. For a man full of sins against the gods, it would taste like rotten fruit, disgusting and rancid. But for a man pure of intention and heart, it would taste better than even ambrosia. The Apple also gives a gift based upon how much you devour but know that eating the whole apple requires true faith in one's own innocence and valor."

Matts eyes grew wide, was this a test would he get hit for taking it. He slowly reached out and grabbed the apple. He slid down and sat on one of the minotaurs legs. He took a bite of the apple, it was so juicy and it was like biting into a cloud, no better than that. It was indescribably good and he was having a hard time not devouring it trying to take it slow and savor it. He leaned back against the giant torso of his new friend as he felt the apple effecting him and he looked back up at the giant minotaur as he had left one small bite left though he wanted to eat it it was taking all his willpower not to.

(i don't know what power it would give him, maybe super strength? super speed? or maybe it could give him shape shifting temporarily? it is so hard to decide xd.png)

Not even a hint of hesitation, I had gone from my position in the onsen to the door where Ansgar was speaking. Flinging it open, I stared at him with my eyes beginning to burn, uncaring that I was still bare before this child. Before he could even react, my hand came across his face with a smack that echoed rather loudly through the halls.

"Forget everything you have ever learned from man about the gods, it is neither who we are nor who we were. Those names were a mockery to us and now serve as a reminder of the betrayal of man. Thor, Zeus, Odin, they were all but one god that is now dead, deceased, his time in this multiverse has passed. Learn who they really were before you go about spouting nonsense, it's becoming a thorn in my side."

Turning on my heel, I began to walk back to the onsen and paused for a moment, tilting my head back to look at the young electric boy. Had I gone too far? It depended on how he would respond to it.

"Also, you smell of sweat and burnt flesh, rinse yourself off and join us. Warm water does the body more justice than merely electrocuting the particles off your body."

------

When Roxy embraced Nikki, she felt relieved and had let out a sigh. Then there was a knock on the door and Ansgar began to talk, a strange electric tingle went down Nikki's spine at that same moment. Before Nikki could say anything, something odd had happened. One moment, the Seer had been in the onsen behind her and now she was standing bare naked at the door. When did that happen?

When the Seer had slapped Ansgar, Nikki was surprised and looked back at Roxy, seeking some kind of answer as to why she had done that. Yet, it soon became a bit clear when the Seer began to talk.

What came last made Nikki go bright red and her body began to quiver. Sure, she was dressed, but Roxy and the Seer weren't so why invite him in? That seemed immoral. Again, she looked back at Roxy seeking some kind of answer, her face was flushed and it was apparent she was nervous.

"W... W... Why would you invite him in? We're all girls! It's not right for..."

"There should be no dilemma with him, or any of the others for that matter, coming in and relieving themselves. If you can not trust your fellow siblings with seeing your bare body, then how can you trust them with your life? If you sustain injury and aid is required, you would trust him implicitly then, correct?"

Nikki just sat there, here face beat red as she tried to find a way to retort to such an explanation. Sure, she would trust anyone to aid her when necessary and she would hope others felt the same, but this situation and that situation were completely different. This situation was not a matter of life or death.

Tyler was dreaming. A good dream, so far. He was walking through a field of flowers, with a light breeze blowing. It was the perfect wind, too. It made the flowers playfully brush against his leg, while the wind amused itself with his hair. Then came the awakening; the soul-crushing realization that such things no longer existed. They've been gone for a while, now. Eight months, maybe? You kind of lose track of time when the overlords EMP your entire planet. The honest way to find out a good basis of what the time is now is just looking at the sun. Oh, wait, too bad. That's where the ship is. You know, blotting out all light in this portion of the world? Not that you'd know that, anyways. Not so much of a problem for Tyler, though. Wait, yes it is. No light means no power. No power means no escape. That sucks, too.

Tyler sighs. Another day of the same old bull. He'd go outside, find a good haul of stuff. Food, water, you know. Then the denizens of the ship would come down and take it away. Can't let the good people be, you know? It's actually been a couple of days since he's eaten. He wasn't -too- worried about it, though, since he had a hidden stash of food in the basement. It's not much, but it's enough. He thought about the stash some more, mouth watering. It's kind of hard to keep yourself down when you know you can pick yourself up. If you get my analogy. Maybe. Tyler cracked. He forced himself up, and went down. He pulled out the duffel bag. Not a lot in the bag, but it was enough to keep him up for the day. And so Tyler ate. It wasn't that good, but you roll with what you got.

He was just tired of it all. These mysterious beings, rolling in like they owned the place. To be fair, you can say that they do. Now, anyways. Used to be pretty good here. But it was just another rock now, conquered.

A small section detached from the ship, making a beeline towards Tyler's location. He cursed, and sighed. No point in running away from the saucer, anyone who does is just shot, loaded, and never seen again. He prepared himself, recalling sessions with his trainer, Ethan. Ethan is dead now, though. Long gone. He was a nice guy, didn't deserve what life gave to him. They stopped just short of Tyler. He waited for them to get out of the ship, but they never did. A loudspeaker came down, and they started to speak. At first, it was foreign to him. But then, it became something he could understand. "Come with us, no harm will be done to you."

[i'll be with you guys pretty soon, I hope.]

Edited by Astrodeath311

(( Was Vikare the Minotaur accepted as he is? :3 ))

Ansgar reached a hand to his face, confused and disoriented.

Forget... everything?!

One god, she said. One god. They were all one god. But how? When? All that he had been taught.. it was a lie? A façade?

For some reason, the nineteen year old, optimistic, genuinely naïve and energetic young man allowed himself to cry slightly. He didn't know why he did it but the sting of her words and the harsh pain of her hand...

And the changing of his entire mindset.

It came more fiercely now. Instead of trying to stop it, he allowed the tears to flow. Embarrassment came then, making it worse. He rubbed his eyes solemnly, unable to stop them.

What could he trust now? He had felt so intelligent, so amazing, when he had known so much about the gods. But the Seer had beat them, insulted them, and held them to a standard that he continually tried to reach.

His entire life had been set to a ****ing standard. You have to be this. You have to wear this. A five year old could do this so why can't you?

But if he excelled that standard, the jealousy came. Why is he so good? Why does he know so much?

What makes him so damn special compared to us?

He had left his planet to escape standards, those expectations set by others to enforce a certain code and way of life. Why the hell did they get to choose what he could and couldn't do according to what they thought was proper? Who the hell put them in charge of THAT?

But they continually proclaimed it was the gods. The gods among men, now that men were gods. Or it was divine blood from their ascendance.

They didn't ****ing know anything about ASCENDING. If this was the process to do it, Ansgar was sure every one of those censorkip.gif***s would fail miserably. Them, AND their precious standards.

Fury swelled within Ansgar, mixed with the depression. Whenever someone ELSE got angry or depressed, the Seer treated them so kindly. When he did, she didn't bat an eye. Did she consider him lower than them? Was it because those that did that were female? No, she couldn't be sexist, could she?

She had done it for Matt, he was sure, at some point, even if he hadn't been there. So far all she had done was treat him like censorkip.gif and demean him, trying to break his will. She had put down his beliefs, stomped on his ideals, and crushed his hopes. He had finally found a place he felt welcome and had yet again been forced into violence. At first, it had been fun. Now, it was just more amounting to STANDARDS.

He punched his fist into the wall with every bit of the energy he had left. It exploded, sending stone and debris into the bathroom and causing his hand to break from the sheer velocity. He didn't even wince.

What was pain, anymore? He had felt so much pain in the past three days that it was pretty much something you had to deal with instead of something you had to actually pay attention to. He broke it back in place, setting the bone himself. He didn't want anyone's help. Why would they help him?

"Sorry, Madame Seer." he said, emotionless. "I'm not as wise as you, obviously. I'm a boy who had - HAD - some dreams, some dreams that were actually worth a damn to him. I had ideals and beliefs and hopes that one day I would meet those gods because - to be honest - I legitimately believed for a foolish second that one of them could have been my dad. Maybe I could have been like Hercules, you know?! Maybe I could have actually been someone who would do something great!"

He held out his hands, ignoring the present states of Nikki or Roxy. Honestly, even if he had been sane, he wouldn't have noticed them. He wasn't really that interested in a person's body - though he knew that they probably were interested in who was seeing their bodies themselves.

"Do you even know what the censorkip.gif we've done besides what you've seen in your visions? What we've ACTUALLY felt besides what you can IMAGINE we felt?! Do you even KNOW how much force of will it has taken me over these years to confine all of it into a little box so I can smile for all of these amazing people!? NO. You have NO clue. You've spent eons doing the same thing over and over, and you have an actual purpose, whatever it is! I DON'T! I just have a job that YOU say I have. NONE of us had a choice so why do you have to keep putting YOUR ****ING DECISIONS ONTO US WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN TELL US WHO'S AFTER US?!"

He was expecting the punch any moment now. His bones would break. He would die. Why would she be expected to listen to him? He was a foolish, angry, and depressed boy who didn't know anything, as far as she knew. Why would she EVER listen to him?

But he continued, faster now, trying to use every breath to say as much as he could before she killed him.

"I KNOW you haven't been entirely honest with us! You brought us here to train us and teach us. How are we supposed to be prepared when we don't even know what to watch for? What do you really want us to do, Seer?! What are we really supposed to be doing!? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!? Should I wave my hands and hope that I've done something to halt whatever you're afraid of?! Should I hide behind a wall and cower in fear as the world just goes to hell around me?! YOU HAVE POWERS TO TELL THE FUTURE. Maybe it's unorthodox but you have information and you're not giving to us! What future is so bad that we can't know? What are you seeing, ten, or fifteen.. A MILLENIA from now that could be caused by you being honest with us? Being calm and slow!? I want to become something! I want to be someone worth a damn! I want to help people and remove those standards that I was - that I'm BEING - set to! I want to defeat whatever evil is lurking beyond the void of space and become the hero I think you want us - want ME - to be when we're done! I will give every ounce of my energy and faith I swear to GOD but I just want to know WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF!?"

He suddenly realized the magnitude of the statement as it echoed throughout the halls. His face went pale.

"What.. could be so bad.. that Death herself is afraid that she's not ready?" he asked quietly.

After a long moment, he sighed.

"There's a lake north of here, secluded and nice. I'm not going to bathe with women who don't seem to want it. No matter what gods do, we remember what humans do. That's how... that's how we were raised." he said quietly, holding up his hand.

The stones began to move from the ground. Small, electric disks lifted each one into the air and replaced them - if a little wrongly - where they had been. When they were finished, he let his hand fall to his side.

"I'll accept it if you want to kill me, Madame Seer." he said, turning. "I've kind of overstepped my boundaries, I think... But.... I'm just... I'm going to go. I don't deserve to be here anymore."

With that, regardless of his current emotional state, he sped off, disappearing into the halls. The doors of the cathedral could be heard as he left the citadel into the night sky.

If one was to notice, they would see that water followed his path, and the really discerning eye would have seen a small, gray raincloud above him as he had left as well.

-----

He ran for a while, still crying slightly. He didn't care how old he was. How he was SUPPOSED to act. Everything he'd ever known was gone now. Everyone he'd ever looked up to was one god. He didn't even know the name of that one god. Now... he remembered.. that god was dead. Now he knew for sure that god and every other god like him was gone.

And, if the Seer was right, they would be as well. They had been chosen for the lucky fate of being scapegoated by humans and giant space monsters alike. No one wanted them. They were outcasts. Mutants. Abominations. They weren't gods.

He slowed down to a stop as he approached the lakeside, staring into the water. He could see his face, slightly red and dismal. Volt was trying in vain to cheer him up but as Volt could feel what Ansgar was feeling, he was mostly depressed as well.

Ansgar removed his vest and the rest of his clothing. He did, however, leave on his undergarments. He had standards for himself, as well, due to the years of having to shower with both boys and girls for years.

"You will not remove your final layer of clothing during cleansing." the woman had said sternly, looking more at the men than at the women. "Though you are all equal, you are base, human creatures. You are prisoners of carnal desire and passion. You are not able to think for yourselves. Therefore, we will remove any chance of you doing something you will regret. Until the day you ascend, you will not remove your final layer of clothing, even when alone. Is that CLEAR, children?"

"What's a carnal pleasure?" the five-year old Ansgar had asked, confused. "Why is that bad?"

The older boys snickered as the woman stepped over to him, displeased.

"It is a sin, child. It's something inside of you that tells you to do something quite.. distasteful. It's a curse from our ancestors, who needed physical contact in order to reproduce. We are ABOVE such disgusting acts, now, thanks to the work of our divine leaders. Your ancestors would claim they felt such things as ...LOVE.. or... AFFECTION. These feelings are WEAK. They are NOT the emotions of the Ascended, so you will NOT feel them."

And that was Ansgar's entire mindset until now. You could not love. You could not show affection. You could not celebrate holidays which showed any sort of honor for those things. Marriages were always arranged in order to produce the best genes among families. No one complained. It was the choice of the divine leaders.

That was one reason why Ansgar, though he knew people from other planets had issues with such things, did not feel anything for women. He saw all people the same regardless of what equipment they possessed. He honestly didn't know if he would have loved women or men if he had ever been able to do so.

What if he had felt it, before? He didn't know. As he laid upon his back in the water, floating quietly, he considered this. What if he had felt it, and just didn't know what it was?

He didn't know anymore. To be honest, he didn't even care. Whether it was another god, the Seer, or this great threat, he was going to die. That was it. He had been born simply to die as a martyr for the gods themselves. He had been chosen to be hated by everyone but himself and those like himself, like everyone else in the world. Even the other gods didn't like him much. He knew it. He talked too much. He was obnoxious. He was arrogant and headstrong. He was irritating.

He began to cry again as he floated in the water. He held his hand above his face and stared at it.

This damn hand. These hands. These hands which had killed five men. These hands which had made him an outcast. This body which housed the energy to destroy so much. These things he had thought of as gifts had become a collective curse upon him. What sort of Creator would make such a being? Why had he even been born?

Yeah, this was great. Good job Ansgar. You were going to be the greatest god for sure.

He closed his eyes. He felt weightless and dead. He began to imagine that maybe he was, indeed, deceased. What would he see after death? It was said that when the gods died, so did the heavens. Now people lived simply to die. Almost everyone was an atheist. Everyone wanted their own sort of perfection. Roxy, Nikki, Mical, Matt... all of them and the others... they probably had experienced it at some point.

The mortals would never admit it but life was dull and colorless without the hope of a life beyond, of gods to guide them. Without those, they put all their faith in a monotonous life, resigning themselves to a barren existence as automatons which performed simple duties. Genes were placed above everything else. Manipulation of genetics and organs. This was life now.

He wondered if he would have these thoughts if he was mortal. Was it because he was a godling that he could even sit here now and think these things?

"And on the sixth day, God created man.." he whispered, holding up his hand. "In his image created, to guide the earth and take it upon himself, to grow upon it and cultivate it, to gain dominion of the land, the sea, and the sky. Both female and male."

He knew those weren't the exact words but... it didn't really matter now. Man had dominated the land, the sea, and the sky..

Now what was there in life?

He floated in the water endlessly, Volt sitting upon his stomach, worried.

"Don't worry, Volt." he whispered, falling asleep. "If she does kill us, it'll be quick."

"Not stay here." Volt said. "Meant for greater things!"

"I was, yeah." Ansgar muttered softly. "I thought I was."

"No! Are!" Volt said. "Be happy! Things become better!"

"Volt..." Ansgar said, looking at the little creature with sadness. "It's over, Volt. I tried to enjoy it. There's nothing but violence. We're not supposed to be here. We'd be better off just shooting ourselves off into space to die."

Volt opened his mouth, completely crestfallen.

"Noooooo!" Volt said, depressed. The light that always shone from him was very dim now, almost gone.

"That's what I want to say, Volt." Ansgar said. "But if we're going to die somehow, you know, I'd rather I did it myself. Besides, I've always wanted to see what space felt like."

"Please don't." Volt said worriedly. "No!"

"....Maybe not, little man." Ansgar said, patting him. "You're right... When have I ever really given up?"

Volt brightened a bit, pleased.

"But you know, what am I really doing this for?" Ansgar asked, looking back up at the sky. "In the grand scheme of things, who's gonna look back and know what we did? Who will know?"

"ME!" Volt said excitedly, leaping up and down. "I will know!"

"I'm pretty sure you're tied to me, buddy." Ansgar said. "We're gonna be together til the end and then we're both going to meet the Seer together. I just hope she lets me keep you in ... well wherever we'd go."

"She will!" Volt said sternly. "She will!"

"If you say so." Ansgar said, looking back up at the stars. "If you say so."

He imagined, for a mere moment, that maybe, just maybe, beyond those stars, his parents were watching this somehow.

And that they were proud he had made it this far.

He would continue.

----

Vikare stared at the boy a moment, impressed.

"Now, do you feel any different? You would probably get something related to the shadows." the minotaur asked, curious.

Edited by Thaelasan

(whoa, ansgar blew up hard o.o I guess ace gets a room to sleep in for a while xd.png)

Ace saw a hole in the wall "cool a window, very badly built but it works. He made the poison into a gas like state and put it back in the vial. He wasn't sure why but he felt like he wasn't suppose to be in this room, shrugging it off he walked towards the bathing house he had seen before. He was oblivious as ever not noticing the girls as he focused on removing his soiled clothing. He took it all off and got a towel setting it where he would be able to get it when he got out. Only when he was already waist deep in the water did he notice the females "oh *** sorry is this the wrong one, uhm wheres the guys one?" He was trying to be polite keeping his eyes looking to his towel instead of anywhere else.

Matts eyes glowed a soft yellow and he felt weird he wasn't sure why but it seemed weird to him. His shadows flew off him and off the ground blocking the light out of a 13 foot area but he could still see like it was bright out. He didn't even realize the shadows blocked the light all he knew is he felt very different and the shadows were acting different.

(( See, Voltage, I love that you read my stuff and that you're really trying. Still, I've watched for years and you've made improvement in your writing.

You're doing well but there's still a few things to edit and work on, and you could add more description and concept to what you write.

I'm just offering constructive criticism which you don't have to accept at all. :3 ))

Vikare stroked his goatee thoughtfully.

"Fascinating. Shrouding Shadows, eh? Haven't seen that one in a while. If you keep it up you may be able to keep it as a permanent ability. Now you just have to figure out how you're doing it, young one."

[Jesus, Thael. I can smell the smoke from here! Also... I still need that Skype name. cool.gif]

Tyler looked onward in disbelief. What could such powerful beings want with him? To experiment? He wasn't even from the planet! He shook his head, once, twice, then stopped and stared. They looked dumbfounded, as if standing in front of them was this maniac who'd escaped from an institution or something. He nodded his head, and walked with as much dignity as he could muster to the saucer.

One of them looked at the other and nodded. A small ladder dropped from the belly of the ship, to which Tyler firmly grabbed hold of. He could make out some kind of door in the guts of the ship, probably how they got in and out of the craft. It was humming, kind of like a beehive. To be honest, Tyler didn't really take notice of the ride back to the spaceship. It wasn't one of those kinds of things. Like, one minute you were on the planets surface, and the next you were half way there to one of the biggest things you've seen in your life.

Tyler saw a door in the side of the ship, where the saucer detached. It kind of looked like a lightning bolt, to be honest. It kept getting bigger, though physics told him that was just the saucer coming up into its destination. He felt like he was going to get squashed, but the door above him opened up as the saucer came into dock. He saw a platform under him, stepping down rather hard to make sure it could support his weight. Then, he dropped from the ladder and walked towards the door. So far, it seemed like the mothership was just black, then the door opened and more of the creatures walked out. They were armed with cute little guns, like the ones you saw in science fiction movies. However, Tyler felt uneasy. Why would they bring him up to the craft, why waste all this time? He'd been there for a rather long time, now. Why now?

He assumed he'd soon find out.

(If I haven't approved I would have quit. I like criticism as long as it isn't said in a mean or negative way. I know I have a way to go but I am trying.)

Matt had felt it in his eyes first as he realized that he had done something different. Obviously it was by concentrating on an aspect of shadows while he was eating the apple "I believe I know how I did the shroud, I was concentrating on the darkness aspect of shadows. That is the easy part, what I don't know however is how I can still see like its bright out though you tell me it is dark." As he spoke he pet the fur that was on the minatours arm happy to have a friend that was wise and yet quiet, sort of like the way matt was around other humans.

((Yes, yes. XP ))

So, that was his choice, huh? I smiled, relieved he didn't just bottle it up inside him. Looking at the other two, I smiled at the both of them and grabbed a robe from one of the many lockers within the room. To imagine, years ago this room was packed with my siblings, that fights would occur to get one of the lockers, now they were all gone and the next generation was starting to fill in. Of course, I was kind of forcing them into it, but it was for a greater cause. Something I needed to try and change.

"You two take care, I've got some business to attend to. Don't worry young metal user, I will be sure to let that thick-headed lightning boy know how you feel."

I watched as her face went a dark red color and she almost fell over. She was probably thinking of something else, but I know she was worried about the young electric godling. As was the gravity girl. Despite how some of them seemed to feel, the ones that had been training together had already grown close. It was natural after all.

As soon as my robe was tied off, time froze and moments later I found myself sitting in the sands along the edge of a lake.

"I treat you different because I have high expectations out of you. As for one of the possible outcomes for our not so distant future... what do you believe will happen when time ceases to exist? When the very essence of time is no longer present throughout the multiverse? Those who seek our end believe that when time is destroyed, they will gain immortality and be able to live for ever. The death of death itself would bring forever lasting life to mankind and all the other species out there. What I see, is the end."

I sat there, my arms wrapped around my legs while my chin rested on my knees. Even as I sat there, I looked down the path of our destruction, of the destruction of everything the Creationist worked to bring into existence.

"Also, don't ever say I don't know how you feel when you don't know what I've been through these past eons. Lives that didn't deserve to end, futures that could have been altered, species that have been lost, wars that have been waged. I've seen, partaken, and experienced all of them. All because of time. You wanna know something about me? I once blamed the Creationist for burdening me with this ability, questioning why I had to suffer the burden of time. It is not your time to die, now, and I will be sure that every one of you has a life to live. Now, come here and receive your punishment for not understanding and misinterpreting my meaning."

Standing, I began to tap my foot in the sand impatiently, but I'd be sure to give this child the appropriate treatment for this particular mistake.

As soon as Luke noticed that the fighting has ended he went to the nearest end of the arena and tried to take a nap. He used up way to much energy for a training exercise, also he can't believe he lost control like that if he didn't calm down when he did he could have set the whole place on fire. But thankfully it ended on a good note no one was dead.

Then as Luke woke up he saw that no one else was there so he decided to get some martial arts training in. He thought that during the maze games he relied on his powers too much to mean anything so he worked on his technique instead of his flame. He took the ball of his chain he threw at make shift target and as the ball crashed into the target, He spun on the back of his heel creating momentum dragging the ball back to him at high speeds so that the ball would come straight back at him aiming for his torso. Then right before the ball connected he hurdled over it then arced the chain back to cause the ball to come crashing down back on the target.

After two hours of this Luke decided to go see if there was anyone else still awake.

(( Don't care how mainstream it is.

That, or the Logical Song by Supertramp. ))

Ansgar's eyes flickered over to the woman solemnly as she appeared. Her words were, strangely enough, not muffled by the water which surrounded his head and filled his ears. They were the one, singular, piercing tone in the dark water, merging and weaving into his mind like thread. They sunk into his memory, branding themselves there. She was not loud. She was not threatening. Yet, every word, like the chains of the souls of the dead, hung upon the air and tied him down, forcing him to hear her.

He could almost hear them now. The chains. The metal sliding along the ground and hitting itself. The chains of standards. The chains of belief. The chains of culture. The chains of humanity itself.

And she held all of them, right now at least. It was almost visible. The chain of every mortal in existence surrounded her, tied to her hands and feet. No. It wasn't the mortals who were chained at all.

She was the one chained, the anchor which held mortals to the ground, keeping them from ascending. To break the chains, they would have to die. Each chain rusted at a different speed but once it broke, there was no welding, no amount of reforging, which could bring it back. The link was gone. The soul was lost. Time went on. This was the cycle which she had mastered and been forced to manipulate for eons.

Had she done it willingly? Of course not. The Creator, as she had called him, had made her for one purpose - to end existence. Ansgar realized, truly, what was before him now. In the water which submerged him, finally brought him a sense of calm which was rare to him, his mind was clear. He DID see the chains now. She could only move them, jingle them, watch them move. She could run along them, pulling herself through each chain and monitoring the links. Where they met. Where they ran across. She could hear the hum of a million souls at once living their lives.

And she could not feel their emotions. If she did, she would go insane. Or did she? Had she already gone mad from those years of hearing them talk and sing? Cry and beg? Run and hide? Fight and win? Victories and defeats. All men on the battlefield were equal when she tread upon the warzone. The bombs, the machines of war, the weapons lying upon the bloodstained soil as a mark of true civilization.

She stood among them as an angel of both promise and fear. She would stare upon them, checking to make sure the chains were truly broken. She could not help the mortals who were still bleeding on the ground in agony. Maybe they would be saved, or maybe she would have to return for them. She could only see what the future could be. It was not what it was.

Had she ever sat by a mortal's side as he cried in pain and suffering, wishing she could end it for him? Had she ever laid a hand upon a child's head, watching as it choked and its parents did nothing to save it? Had she ever seen a baby be born without a soul to fill it? Of course she had. Ansgar could see it now. Every living moment of her existence, and this was only a fraction of it.

"A painful truth." he muttered, as if it was something he should say now. His mind continued to wander in the waters, free to think, as if time itself had slowed down for this one, brief moment. What else had gone through her mind when she watched men create larger and larger weapons, more dangerous and more effective ways of breaking chains? Had she watched in anger? Or sorrow? Or was it both? Perhaps she had attempted to wrap her chains around them, to let them feel the weight of their deeds.

Perhaps that was a conscience. It was not intangible. It was this woman, strangling the sinners with the chains she was forced to bear, her fury echoing within them. How dare they break chains? How dare they end lives that they did not create? This was not their place. Why did the Creator allow this?

And, most likely, she had once... perhaps more than that... approached him in his grand hall. She had pleaded with him, desperate to know why he allowed it to happen.

And he did not speak. There was no answer. A reason for it was unheard. It was just the way it was. There must be a chain-bearer. There must be an end.

Feared by everyone, not just mortals. Hated, despised, and pushed away. She sat upon this planet now, watching planets die and watching the universe go on until finally it fell into nothingness.

And all she could do was cry and watch it happen. Her tears were dry now. Who would hear her crying in the night, anguished and cursed? Who here would raise a hand to hold her or support her weight with her? Who here would walk to her, unafraid, and try to help her understand who she was?

No one. Because no one else could ever truly understand it.

Ansgar felt fury now at himself more than ever before. How could he have ever pretended to feel anything that she felt? What a pompous, pretentious, spoiled little censorkip.gif he must have sounded like, and probably had been at the time. When was the last time he had been so rebellious? When his adoptive parents had disciplined him for not following the codes of the land to the letter? When he had been ridiculed for being unable to accept the genetic alterations?

"Dear mother of the blackened wing,

holder of all that is nothing.

Angelic bringer of the final cost,

at the end of time when all is lost.

The chains that bind you, tie you down,

circle your head like a temp'rd crown.

Hated queen, hate they say,

when they take the coffin away.

They understand not what you feel,

the pain and madness, unending wheel.

It circles, turns, and rolls unending.

It never stops, its will unbending.

Flowers upon a grave are your bouquet,

when the tears fall at the end of day.

You hold them close and cherish the light,

the colors they bring into your endless night.

But petals wither and finally die,

leaving you to stand with a quiet sigh.

Even beauty is marred by time,

the murderer who commits the crime.

Do you walk amongst the tombs,

in the silent, blackened rooms?

Do you lay a hand upon,

the corpses of a battle's dawn?

Do you watch them scream and fight,

as day doth turn to blackest night.

You find them foolish as youngest child,

their madness free to run wild.

At the end of it all, they lay there,

their eyes frozen in immortal stare.

You know then that they can see,

the true face of the eternity.

As last breath fades from sight,

and all bodies turn cold and white,

your duty begins and you walk across,

the battlefield where all have lost.

The chains they follow behind your feet,

making horrid sounds when they meet.

You raise the souls from flesh and bone.

Once an army, now alone.

The final general they now find,

the greatest strategic fighting mind.

You never lose and never retreat,

because you do not fear defeat.

No war against death could prevail.

You take their breaths in a single gale.

You walk upon the hallowed ground,

when suddenly you hear a sound.

Upon the earth, you see there,

a young boy with golden hair.

He groans and writhes in misery.

Blood pools round his shaking knees.

His abdomen is a gaping hole,

pierced by a sharp and rusty pole.

He can see you, faintly above.

Never again will he see his love.

You know of her, his wife at home,

but now she'll be left all alone.

You know of his child, of the morn,

when she'll awaken, and be born.

But a father she'll not see evermore.

He shall die amongst the blood and gore.

He whispers her name weakly to you now.

Your eyes widen. You look down.

No longer can you handle the sight of him,

watching his life from bright to grim.

And then he falls, his soul is lost,

for your hands to finally accost.

You hold it close and feel the heat,

of his final memories and heartbeat.

But time goes on and will not slow.

You have appointments to which you go.

You move along and forget soon,

about what happened that day at noon.

Blackened angel, queen of death,

the final visitor of ending breath.

You deserve not the fate you possess,

never by another's hand caressed.

I know not of how you feel.

I wish your curse that I could heal.

Oh angel of the final hour,

how I wish I that was in my power."

He laid in the water for a time after that, his eyes closed. Finally, he stood to his feet weakly, grabbed his clothing, and placed it upon his person with deliberation. He would take his punishment with some form of pride. This unforgiveable sin was his to bear.

As he finished, Volt hid in his jacket collar. Ansgar turned to look at the Seer, unafraid. He stepped towards her, the normal skip-in-his-step replaced by a slow, purposed stride. This was his fate. This was how it was going to be.

Him. The Seer. The godlings. They were all unable to stop their fates. It was all predetermined. Their free will was an illusion, a joke. Ansgar knew that now. All of his hope was now replaced by a realistic view of the world.

Ansgar Willhelm was dead, for now. The young, playful, hyperactive child was gone. He could no longer afford such trivial games. They were things that distracted him from what must be done.

He would fulfill his duty as a god and then die. If people prayed to him, he would do as he must according to the laws. No more imagination. No more creativity. It was all clockwork. No matter how much power he had, he was an automaton.

The Seer would not allow him to simply die and leave. This was his punishment for existing. He would take the punches and insults without question. He would accept the battles and conflicts and he would win and lose them as such. He would never go beyond what he could. His aspirations were all but nothing now.

He was a god. Nothing more. Nothing less. He was just a mortal with a fancy name and a little more time to exist in misery. Why did he ever think he could enjoy life more than any other mortal, regardless of his birth? What a spoiled, arrogant man he had been.

No longer.

He was Ansgar Willhelm, the god, the follower, and the damned. He was one of the slaves of the Creator, bound to follow him as the Seer did, without question. Questions were once Ansgar's greatest and favorite thing. Now, they were unnecessary. All they did was show he knew nothing. He didn't need to know.

He was a tool. He would be given instructions. He would follow them. Failure would lead to punishment or perhaps even discarding of the tool. Success meant he would be used more in the future and continue to be useful in general. That was all. No one would be proud of him. No one would praise him. He had no parents and he didn't need to think otherwise. Thinking just led to actual ideas and those would distract him from what was important. He didn't need distractions. He needed results.

He kneeled before the Seer, as he once had, his face down upon the ground, his eyes closed.

He would not say anything. No more words. No more excitement. No more resistance.

No more tears.

No more ideas.

No more hope.

No more promises.

....No more love if he ever had it.

Just duty. What must be done. That's how he had been raised back on his planet anyway. It wasn't a new concept to him. His entire planet had been militarized and based upon the removal of free thought. A book he had once read from another world - 1984 - pretty much summed up the entire system of the planet in a good amount of description. Why had he even attempted to be different from them?

He had been a fool. Being different didn't make you unique. It just made it easier to point you out. To laugh at you and spite you. To ridicule your faults. To conform, to lose your individuality... it let you survive. That is what allowed you continue to exist. Why bother trying to be yourself when being everyone else makes it so much easier?

He didn't care what the other godlings thought of this idea now. He had resolve in it. He would be a symbol to them of the efficiency of a soldier. No thoughts. No disobeying. Just following the code and continuing to function at the expected standard.

That was life. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Not even for a god.

Edited by Thaelasan

(Long enough for me to ninja him and talk to headbanger xd.png I'm sorry I ninja'd youth at must have taken 20 minutes to write.)

(( Not to continue the OOC but I'll have you know it took roughly an hour to compose because that poem is my actual prose. I wrote that, just now, plus everything else.

Which is why I always feel a slight tinge of irritation when it is only followed by one-line posts. ))

[We didn't know that. To be honest, my jaw dropped a little when you said it was your own prose. Well done, Thael.]