Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

Matt jumped as the maze collapsed and suddenly he was repositioned. He had heard the new girl but only slightly. He heard the whistle loud and clear though, he wasn't holding back,he wanted to prove himself. He ran through the maze and using his shorts word he parried an attack from the first soldier he came across flipping the switch to turn it off. He led his shadow army closer and closer to the minatour until he sent 3 shadows down one way and heard a battle that didn't sound like it was the robots or the minatour.

(This is for anyone who wants to fight the shadows. If its too soon to find eachother I could always say they were fighting eachother for one reason or another.)

Ansgar didn't even flinch. For some reason, he trusted this Nikki girl more than most and didn't believe for a moment that she'd actually hurt him.

That, and his quick reflexes allowed him to note the trajectory of the spear enough to know it wouldn't hurt him. He'd gotten used to being quick thanks to "punchy seer lady."

"But Nikki that's what I meant for you to do all along.." Ansgar protested. "I mean, I didn't mean for it to sound like I wanted you guys to work together. And, Roxy, I'm sorry that you feel that way. Singling you out was not the-"

Before he could finish, he was trapped in a steel box. Just as the box closed, he watched her undo his automatons and creations like they were nothing.

Oh yes, he was VERY interested in this woman now, moreso than ever before. Things that had taken him two hours to manufacture and produce well-enough that they worked took only milliseconds for her to deconstruct like toys.

As the box settled and began to open up, Ansgar braced himself excitedly. As soon as it opened, he leapt out and slid across the ground, pleased.

"YES! I GET TO PARTICIPATE!" he yelled, echoing across the stadium. He then realized he had neglected to grab one of the weapons from the pile before getting sent over here.

Foresight was important.

He sighed, looking around. Where the hell would he find a weapon around here? Then again, with his hands, did he really NEED one?

He didn't want to break his own rule but now that Nikki had manipulated things... Did it still stand?

He pondered for a moment, sighing. If he'd had more time, he would have made this maze equally challenging for everyone. To be honest, he felt really bad about what he had done to Roxy. He hadn't considered her abilities at all but then again her abilities pretty much had to do with maneuvering.

Ansgar had actually contemplated this sort of thing numerous times. Who was good at each thing? He remembered playing role-playing games and such with his old friends before they discovered his powers when he couldn't get genetically altered. Everyone had certain skills, even gods.

Ansgar was proficient in speed and intelligence. He'd probably have made a damn good rogue. Then again, he loved melee classes like fighters and warriors so that didn't really fit him. Also, he was WAY too loud when he talked to be a rogue. He'd have had to change his voice.

Roxy was proficient in maneuvering and disabling. Her gravity powers suppressed her opponents and increased her own abilities to dodge and move effectively. Matt was resourceful and defensive. His shadows not only created copies of himself at will but also allowed him to create weapons when needed, from what Ansgar had seen. He was pretty balanced.

Nikki was more offensive. Her metal abilities may be good for creating shields and barriers but they could also immediately become covered in metal spikes. She could also create projectiles, most likely.

Stark? He hadn't seen much of Stark yet. He was sort of sad he hadn't had a chance to really talk to the guy but Nikki had already gotten his attention. He didn't know much about him.

Mical had abilities Ansgar was also interested in. Creativity was his only barrier.

As he pondered this, he wandered the maze without a weapon until he came upon the first legionnaire. The soldier saluted and then withdrew his sword, baring it.

"Okey dokey." Ansgar grinned. Of course, it was HIS electrical energy powering the thing but just shutting it down like that would be cheating. Instead, he moved quickly around the legionnaire, punching the button on its back and knocking it to the ground.

He then took its sword, appraising it.

"That'll do, I guess." he said, grabbing the robot's helm and shield as well. Soon, he was dressed just like one of them. He didn't really think about why.

With Ansgar, it was more of why not. For what purpose would I not do that? When would you not? Pourqoui c'est pas?

So, he just DID it. He walked around like this, admiring the maze's craftsmanship. When he had made it, it had looked rough but serviceable. Nikki's metal powers, however, had made it completely smooth and reflective. He was in awe.

He continued walking until he rounded a corner, frozen.

"Oh hi Roxy." he said, waving politely.

Roxy stopped as she rounded the corner at the same time as Ansgar. She smiled when he greeted her, 'Hello Sparky", she said, unzipping her bag on her thigh, "Guess I got to stop you from getting your apple." She reached her arm into her bag and wrapped her hand around a leather bound, wooden handle and pulled. A staff, much longer than the bag itself, appeared from the gaping mouth. She gave her weapon one last tug and the large, black stone hammer head burst free of her bag. It was a simple warhammer. A head about two feet long and with both ends flat, perfect for cracking skulls and breaking limbs. She spun the hammer over her head like it was weightless, which at the moment it was. She smiled and tilted gravity so she fell towards Ansgar, her density high and her hammer raised to smash him against the wall.

"Yeah, I pretty much expected that sort of welcome." he admitted. He felt the oppressive force of her gravity before he even saw her a moment ago. Why did he even go over here?

Before he knew it, the hammer was coming at him. Quickly, almost on instinct, he attempted to roll out of the way. His helmet flew off his head and was immediately crushed by her hammer, inches from where his head had been moments ago.

"HEEEEYYY THAT WAS AN ANTIQUE!" he said in frustration, sighing.

He had to hope she didn't notice he didn't use his powers for that. The truth was he was having a hard time keeping up the electrified barriers, the automatons, and the maze wall. If he continued expending energy like this, even with the planet fueling him, the Seer's words could come true. He'd die to his own output before Roxy's hammer touched him.

All he had to do was hope for an opening where he could use his fists. That much energy, at least, was available to him.

Still, should it come to it, he wasn't unwilling to drain all of his energy from the walls and robots, though it'd really make this maze too easy.

Because Luke was Following Matt after the maze re-positioned itself he then had no idea where he was anymore. Then he heard a whistle deciding that it was because of Nikki that everything changed on him, and that was the starting sound for the new game. He took off using his fire to speed himself up a little bit just to make sure he does not use it all up before he fought anyone. As he made a turn he noticed that Matt had just sent three of his shadow puppets his way, so he took this as a challenge and as they ran at him he jumped and shot a wave of fire that would arc and hit all three of them. But they apparently do have some type of mind of there own because one of them stopped while the others ran right into the flames. So when Luke landed he rolled close to the shadow and as the puppet thrust his sword straight at Luke's head Luke side step and blew a fire ball at point blank range, causing the last of the shadows to disappear and after that he kept going to where Matt was, figuring that if Matt wanted to throw his minions he should have no problem fighting him one on one

Edited by stark

Matt saw the three shadows come back unable to be used as soldiers anymore he used them to coat his short sword. He walked down the path to see Luke heading his way. His shadows stepped in front as he still had 17 left of his 20. He sent all 17 to attack the fire user while he stayed back to study this guys moves. The shadows would swing their swords like novice fighters and overall be pretty sloppy but they out numbered him a lot so it should let him get a chance to search for weakness as well as exhuast his energy a little bit because though Matt had to use a little concentration to keep them animated he didn't control their moves therefor he was able to conserve energy.

Luke was feeling a little burned out from his quick consumption of his fire because he fought the three shadows. To see a whole army come charging at him Luke thought to himself " Ah what the H$!!is this?!" As they started charging Luke ran towards the army his hands set ablaze and when they got close enough Luke put his hands together to create a massive fire ball. As Luke came to a skidding stop he threw it right at the army. The fireball incinerated the shadows causing the hallway to act like a funnel that fire blast was able to fly right at Matt too.

Edited by stark

Matt smiled at him as he saw the fire all come flying at him. He waited until it was inches away before he disappeared in its shadow making it seem like it burned him to ashes while really he was standing silently behind the new kid. In reality the fireball had burnt his face a little do to the heat around it but not too bad.He used his shorts sword to cut at the new kids arms to disable anymore giant fireballs. Matt's eyes were fully black as he was using his powers to make sure nothing else was coming by seeing where every shadow from the gods soldiers and minatour were.matts army of shadows were once again just shadows on his blade as he thought about how he could get this guy to tire out first.

at the last second Luke noticed a flash which was Matt's blade. Luke put his arms out to block and the sword cut right through his sleeves reveling chains wrapped around his arms with a ball at the end of it so the blade was deflected off as soon as it hit the metal. Then Luke back-flipped over Matt and tried the slice at his shoulders with both of his short swords.

Matt smiled as he saw this guy was prepared with defense as well. Matt rolled forward as Luke did a backflip getting out of range of swords. He smiled as he whistled "you may wanna treat that." He spoke quietly but confident as the shadows that were on his blade now surrounded the chain that was on his arm. As Matt spoke the shadows became needles, thousands of them digging at his arm though a lot were blocked by the chain some got through to try and get his arm. Matt was confident another fireball was going to come his way so he crouched ready to either duck it or roll under it if need be. "Fire is an amazing element meant for mainly attack though the heat is used to help people survive in cold weather as well a purify things. Shadows and darkness are ever lasting though, a fire will die without fuel, it will become weaker and weaker. Yes shadows fade as well though they do not die they simply shift and become invisible. Though we both rely on energy I believe that shadows may overcome the flames, partly due to Ben fire produces a shadow that it would need to fight. So what do you say you give up on the apple, i will not give up until its mine."

Just as Matt finished trying to convince Luke to give up, the entire wall next to him extended out and compressed him into the opposing wall. Since Ansgar had electricity running across the walls, it also added a nice shock to the shadow user. Nikki popped up over the wall to look at the boy who was now being shocked and smiled.

"I think it'd be kindly difficult for you to meld into shadows when you can hardly concentrate, you know, all that electricity going into your system. Oh, as for me? Well, you could just say I'm grounded."

Hopping down, Nikki walked around the maze until she was in the same hall that Luke and Matt were in. Wires appeared to be sticking out of her back as she leaned over and observed her work, one of the wires digging into the ground as she placed a hand on the wall, displaying how the electricity had no effect on her. When she pulled her hand away, she also pulled a big chunk out of the wall and formed a weapon. Some sort of coil gun was produced and she aimed it directly at Matt. Placing one of the other wires against the wall, she smiled as it began to whirr and come to life.

"Would it still hurt a god to be shot by a high velocity projectile at such close proximity? Should we find out?"

((So, unless you have an issue with the weakness, I figured those who require concentration to use their powers (Matt, Luke, Roxy(?)) direct contact with electricity at high enough voltage would cause them to lose that concentration. In other words, they become unable to use their abilities since they can't focus. Of course, there are ways around it, but for the time being... volt, your character is my example. Sudden, surprise attacks will work on anyone.))

Matt was shocked and growled slightly. He was still a little twitchy but with a gun at his face he knew he had to move. Using the floor as a push off he sprung up feet first knocking her back with a surprise of his own, he was shocked many times before as punishment being as the people on his planet knew electricity stopped him from hurting them when he was angry. He got over shocks quickly but he still wouldn't be able to use his powers effectively other then having his shadows jump off his blade to block since that is instinct to him the only power he doesn't have to concentrate for. "the shadows have a life of their own so you may be surprised what can happen."

As Luke was watching this he turned his arms into flame to burn away the needles. Then he heated his body temperature to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit he then said "Let him go i was fighting him." even the chains around his arms were starting to glow red. But as he said that he noticed Matt got out of the way and then he charged him and threw a punch right at Matt's torso.

Edited by stark

Matt knew he would have to rely on his lithe and agile form to dodge. while Luke threw a punch Matt dropped to his back rolling backwards and got back to his feet jumping side to side knowing he would need to stay away from the heat and let him eventually burn out. "you need to cool down there your heating me up from over here, i wish i had marshmallows.."

Luke jumped into the air flipped then brought a leg down right to the head of Matt. then when Luke landed he tried to sweep kick his legs to try and connect then he said with a smile "If you think this is hot you have not felt anything yet and heat is far less stressful on my powers then flame" just as he said that he increased the temperature to 2000 degrees Fahrenheit.

Edited by stark

Matt had predicted multiple moves and to be chased so he rolled forward a total of three times to make sure he was far away. He had to be careful of the metal girl "flame head why don't you attack the metal lady she negated my powers for a while, stop trying to kick me when i'm down." As he spoke he could feel his powers slowly coming back as he was able to concentrate easier. He had no clue how to make this flame guy waste his flames unless he used his power, maybe if he used more shadow soldiers or shadow archers maybe? or if worst comes to worst he may be able to get away.

((Umm... stark... you really need to cool it. 2000 degrees is... well... not only would the metal walls have caught fire and began melting, but anyone in the general vicinity would also probably combust. You're talking magma temperatures right now and gods aren't completely invulnerable to such things, with the exception of the one who's controlling it. Not that I'm saying it's an impossibility, but that you shouldn't exaggerate simply because you feel the need to. I mean, if Roxy wanted to, she could probably just throw everyone into the Great Star. Anyway, tone it down a few thousand degrees, unless you really want liquid metal splashing across your face.))

Luke finally getting back control from the pain he was in, shot a blast of fire behind him pushing him down the hall heading towards the apple figuring he wasted enough energy and time on this sneaky shadow manipulator. As Luke was jetting down the hall he was thinking about how he could have lost control that way. He has trained himself to keep control of his abilities so he does set the world on fire. Then he made a couple of more turns then made it to what seemed close to the center of the maze. but mostly he was lost.

Matt felt the whole arena cool and then saw the flame manipulator shoot off down the hall "well this isn't fair why cant i use my speed boost." He looked over at the metal manipulator. "and then there's you, Shocking me and such why only me, you couldn't have shocked the fire starter too?" as he spoke he grew angrier and angrier his eyes and body becoming cloaked in the shadows of the surrounding constructs. He glared at her with daggers in his eyes "you close these walls on me again i'm gonna show up right in front of you and it wont be for a hug. Since he is using his fire and your just breaking walls i guess i can use my transportation too? once i get full restoration of my power back that is."

Nikki shrugged and messed with the malleable metal that had been formed from the intense temperatures just moments ago. Stretching it out and then splitting it, she formed a pair of metal whips, in combination with the wires on her back, they had combined into a shocking combination.

"Ansgar pretty much made this place my playground. So many metals to play with and the electricity just adds to my capabilities. For instance, what if I made a suit, completely made out of this same metal and then applied the electricity to it. How would you even be able to touch me at that point?

Nikki smiled and cracked the two whips across the ground, listening to the cackle of the electricity as it smothered out upon impact. Shrinking them down, she made two Japanese-style handfans that had razor sharp edges.

"Anyway, I've got a fireman to catch before he gets too close to the apple. If you wish to challenge me fairly, I'll wait until after your abilities have returned."

Smacking one of the walls, it took a few moments before poles started ejecting out of the wall in the general area Luke had gone to. One by one, they shot out rapidly until finally one of them smacked the young fire user into the opposite wall, giving him a nice shock as well.

In that same instant, Nikki stepped out of the wall in the same area. This had been a trick she had learned ages ago, by conforming her body with that of the metal wall, she was literally able to become one with the wall and transfer herself to an adjoining area. In this case, where the downed fireman was.

"You think I'm gonna let you win? No, it wasn't even my intention to assist you earlier. Merely a coincidence."

Matt laughed, He saw her leave and sat down letting his eyes scan all the shadows. He found the minotaur and the apple. He knew he wasn't allowed to grab the apple through its shadow but she just teleported closer, he could teleport all the way so why not. Waiting the extra few seconds until his concentration was back to full he teleported into the shadow of the minotaur. the shadows that he had around him helped as he was completely silent. The minotaur lumbered around and Matt decided to wait. As the minotaur walked away about 20 feet to the apple he dashed for it. Only ten feet from the apple he heard a loud roar and felt himself flung down the hallway. He now stood facing a very angry minotaur "ok you big cow, i need that apple of whatever so that i can win this competition and prove to myself that i am not weak. Now move away from the apple."

The pain from the shock made Luke so back into overdrive as he is pinned to the wall. Luke brought his body temperature to the heat of molten magma so it melted the metal beam off of him. But because of the heat he already used the heat evaporated. But then with that he charged Nikki with his fist then jumped so that his leg was even with her head then he threw flame from his hand to burn her.

(better?)

Edited by stark

((stark... I warned you once... it should not have been an excuse saying your guy went into some kind of hyperdrive... Don't make me warn you again.))

(( Poor Ansgar has no idea how Nikki is manipulating his power.

If he knew, he'd probably be overjoyed at the intelligence but sort of cheated that she's using his energy like that.

Then again, that's the whole point of their combined abilities. His electricity mixed with her conductive properties. They could end up being able to control magnetization to combat Roxy's gravitational control.

To be honest, they could defeat any of the other godlings easily if they learned to get along.

But will they? Hrmmm... ))

((Just a hint, Thael... Nikki's best subjects in school were Chemistry and Physics.))

((@stark: In all honesty, now it's just really confusing.))

Edited by zakku_uchiha