Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

((Actually... I would've preferred it if you had left control to me. Please remove this post and your previous post.))

Roxy stepped outside and looked up into the void of space. That's where she needed to go, into the void. She reached out her arms and used her power to draw the air of the diner's artificial atmosphere. They wouldn't miss it if she stole a few hundred cubic feet of oxygen. She drew in the air like a invisible cocoon and pushed off of the ground. She floated weightlessly up until she exited the airspace of the satellite and set her sights for the warp gate. The sounds below suddenly went silent as her little bubble disconnected from the atmosphere. In a flash, she collapsed the space between herself and the gate and appeared on top of it. She watched the nearby planet burn she waited for a ship to pass underneath.

Matt saw the giant snake at the last second, it scared the censorkip.gif out of him. He was glad for his powers and he sank into the shadow that the snake made coming out on a tree branch nearby looking down at the snake. He smirked and shook his head "you scared me big guy, what you doing trying to eat me?" Matt took out his pocket knife and sighed "come on beasty just leave in peace."

((For those of you with monsters, check the first page to see some details about them.

As for your weapons, they're pretty much a normal weapon until you Awaken.))

Hissing, the creature turned to face the boy for a moment before ripping the tree from the ground. In the midst of the confusion, the serpent seemingly vanished without even a trace. No marks on the ground, no shadow, not even through direct line of sight.

(( SO basically the Schaw has the capability to be one of the greatest pets Ansgar could ever ask for considering its type and abilities.

Zakku, I'm gonna tame it.

I'm gonna break you and I'm gonna make you have to say that there's no way it didn't happen.

I am literally about to tame the undoing of my god because I want to see how you make it work and I want to see how I do it.

To be honest, I don't know how, I don't know of what kind, and how everyone else will react to Schaws. I'm pretty sure that wandering around with a massive lightning tiger, which probably resembles Xuen, the White Tiger would scare off mortals but it would be pretty damn cool.

What you have done is created the greatest set of allies for each hero that could possibly exist.

MUST. HAVE. THIS. THING. I HAVE A MIGHTY NEEEEED. ))

Ansgar barely had time to move to his left before a massive claw grazed his side, drawing blood from a single cut it managed to inflict. The cut, Ansgar noticed, was immediately cauterized by the beast's raging energy.

"Woah woah woah. Slow down there, friend!" Ansgar cackled, leaping backward again with a backflip. "I haven't even drawn my weapon. Do I look dangerous to you? Come on, let's be reasonable."

He jumped around a few more times, using metal crates to land on so that he energized them. Then, with a grin, he kicked the crates at the beast to send his own energy at it. He didn't know what polarity the beast was but he hoped they were opposites. He was truly enjoying the moment. In fact, one could say that he was completely in his element.

"You're a really majestic thing, for a monster, you know that? I don't know why you're so ornery." he cocked his head slightly as he stood upon a catwalk, hand on his cheek. "Are you actually hungry? I mean, if you told me what you wanted to eat, besides people, I could probably find it. Ooh wait maybe you want to play. Is that it? Cats DO play fight. Do you wanna play fight?!"

He smiled widely, grabbing the crest on his chest. Jupiter, his trusty bronze sword, extended from its holding place. He placed it upon his shoulder, hefting it slightly.

"Lets play.. fetch!" he laughed, smacking a crate with his sword so that it flew over the beast's head.

((Oh god Tael, this is turning into my homebrew game. Never mix pokemon with Exalted.))

((Actually, they were designed specifically to be immune to each god's ability. Simply, they are the perfect predator to hunt your specific character. As for taming, it's not gonna be possible. These creatures have a purpose. One I'm not inclined to tell, but there's a reason behind their similarities.))

Without even flinching, Schaw lashed out once again with its claws, gnashing at the boy with its sharp and energy packed fangs. While this would seem like a benefit to the young electric godling (aww, such a cute name), he'd notice that his abilities were actually beginning to wane and fade. Schaw absorbed any form of energy, including that of a gods, and when it's prey grew too weak to even stand is when Schaw finished them off. In the mean time, the attacks would continue and the draining would not cease.

------

In the depths of space, a torpedo shaped object could be seen in the far off distance. As it neared, the creature was seemingly swimming through the vast emptiness. Finally, a carrier ship sized, shark-like monstrosity had come within the realm of the burning planet. With no visible eyes and an extraterrestrial appearing armor plating covering its body, the menace looked like an apocalypse class warship. However, what removed this thought of it being man made (or built from any form of alien life), was its maw opening and the rows of teeth lined flesh that went deep into its throat. No tongue, just rows upon rows of teeth. It's target? A girl standing atop a warp gate.

Matt had gone through the shadows again now on another tree higher up looking around. He tried to sense any movements of anything in the shadows but it seemed it just vanished. Then a thought accrued to him that scared and confused him is this thing like me? Am I suppose to tame it? Or is this who I was suppose to find and they are testing me. Matt started randomly stabbing and slashing through shadows hoping that this snake will die or at least get hit hurt and run away for a while maybe come back when not in a bad mood or testing. After a few second of that he scanned the immediate area for blood or anything like that. He was more scared than ever unable to see anything, he sank into the shadow he was on and made his shadow look like the outline of him so if it can't see color it would go for it and let him get an advantage on it. He wasn't sure the thing was even still around but he wanted to make sure it wasn't coming back he will give it five minutes which is the limit that he could switch with his shadow before he will have to come out of the shadows.

Edited by voltage

(( I'm a depressed and lowly individual now.

Ah well. When Ansgar is a god, he can jut MAKE a Schaw for himself... without the draining of course.

...I forgot his Sparks can actually turn into tiny animals because they have no actual form.... I don't need a Schaw. ))

Ansgar had yet to notice much draining, but he did notice that SOMETHING was wrong with his body. He grunted, confused.

"I feel a little... weird." he muttered, grabbing his head. For some reason, his body was telling him to run from this thing. Run WHERE though? Wait...

Something else in the back of his head was telling him something a bit darker.

This creature kills mortals with ease, without conscious thought for morals or wrongdoing.. the voice muttered, in a twisted tone of Ansgar's own voice. Would it be your fault if you took him to the priests and they had a bit of an accident? After all.. you'd just be running for your own life.

Ansgar shook his head, trying to drown out the voice that had been plaguing him since he had first grabbed Jupiter. He didn't know what it wanted other than murder. He certainly didn't want to get rid of Jupiter. Still, it was disconcerting, at least.

He leapt from the catwalk and began to run out of the hangar door, trying desperately to understand what was REALLY going on. He doubted he could outrun this thing for long. And if it drained energy, which now he understood... He couldn't use the ship.

Was he really going to die here? In such a fashion? Before he even had a chance to see a new world?

Was he ever going to enjoy a new life where he could maybe.. find a family? Have children of his own? Make sure they never had to go through what he did?

Would he ever truly live?

A tear rolled from his eye and he wondered why.

Roxy watched a steady flow of ships funnel into the warp gate below. They were disregarding the safety protocols and because of it, Roxy couldn't jump while the ship waited it's turn. She looked up and saw what they were all running from. In the distance, she could see a long, dark shape slowly turning towards the gate. She took a step back. IT was alive. That meant that it was a galactic super predator. This meant that everyone in this solar system was in danger.

She had never seen one like this. It wasn't like the Timesuck or 4th dimensional whales she had seen in the past. This was a very long, very mean looking fish. She had never seen anything like it and it was terrifying. As it grew closer, its massive jaws opened to reveal a gaping hole filled with teeth. Teeth big enough to turn Roxy into bloody ribbons. She tensed as the beast grew closer.

Roxy snapped out of her horror trance as the monster grew closer, it's mouth blocking her entire field of vision in front of her. In a flash, Roxy was off the warp gate and above the monster. The shark chomped down on the top of the warp gate. It thrashed it's powerful body from side to side, ripping pieces of delicate machinery off and hurling them into space. Sher watched in dismay as the colorful portal flickered and collapsed on itself. Trapping herself and anyone unlucky enough to not make it to the warp gate in time. Roxy floated up above the beast, fighting what seemed like it's personal gravitational pull. She hopped that this creature couldn't generate a oral black hole like the Timesuck she saw a few sweeps back. She needed to get back to the satellite to grab some fresh air. Her lungs were struggling to catch breath in the stale air she brought with her.

(((Sorry about the minor control. Wanted to make it difficult for myself)))

((@padfoot: Actually, it's fine. You played it exactly how it needed to be played. A monster. If you can continue to play the monster in such a fashion, I will give you control.

@SUP3R: My reasoning behind needing you to delete your posts is because of the way you treated my monster. In your current state, with or without your weapon, you are practically human. These creatures were designed to hunt and kill full powered gods.... which you are not at the moment. So, please have the two posts I mentioned deleted before this weekend or I will have to remove you and your character from the RP. Forgive me for sounding mean or unfair, but I have asked you once already. ))

-Post shall come soon-

(( Do you want me to attempt maneuvering the Schaw in such a fashion? I think I have a good idea of what you're expecting.

No, I'm not going to tame the damn thing anymore. ))

(( EDIT: I'll give it a shot. ))

Ansgar continued hurtling from the hangar as the Schaw barreled outward in a fury, uncaring or undeterred by the massive sheet metal the hangar was constructed of. It smashed - no, more like DISENTEGRATED - the entire building, leaving only the ship which Ansgar desired greatly behind. It didn't seem to care about it at all, mindlessly hunting its quarry with great determination.

"Dammit!" Ansgar cried out. "I can't even leave the ****ing planet without causing problems for everyone else!"

For once, in his hyperactive, energetic life, Ansgar felt truly sad. He wasn't afraid, nor was he anxious, but simply depressed that even trying to leave the planet put everyone in danger.

"What am I supposed to do?!" he shouted, alerting the guards, who, before they could even lift their weapons, became dust in the wake of the beast. "WHAT DO I DO!?"

As if in answer, he saw in the distance, a storm beginning to form. Rather, he felt it, as he always did. The clouds were churning together, and beginning to show the first signs of clashing. Perhaps...

He needed to use it for cover, mainly. But also, the beast seemed to thrive on energy. What could he do about it?

He dashed across the Plains of Titan's March (as they were called), the Schaw close behind.

Edited by Thaelasan

((Alright... thank you. Now, do you think you can play your monster like the others have been playing theirs or do I need to do it? I'm giving you another chance at it if you wish.))

((@Thael: It's good. If I see any issues, I'll warn you first before I get crazy.

Now... what kind of monster to make for Lore? Ah! I know. *smirks evilly*))

In the darkness, a humanoid figure lingered behind the artist, watching ever so silently until it sensed an ideal opportunity. Lunging out, with a body like ropes, the creature began to wrap itself around the boy, drawing his head back and closer to its. If you were to gaze upon this creature, it didn't have a face nor any kind of distinguishing and identifiable features. This creature had gone by many names in the past, but one particular name stuck to it. Face Stealer. By pressing the void of its barren head against another human's they would not only lose their face but their very soul as well. Now? Now, the young artist was gonna be in a fight for his life.

((There we go. That seems suitable, don't you think?))

(Do you want us all to control our own creature or only those who think they can easily like I real I would control it wrong but I can't continue without it.)

He ran until he felt his lungs were being torn apart. He was, of course, a running sort of boy, always free and outgoing. However, outrunning this beast wasn't possible by normal means - something Ansgar didn't know. Unbeknownst to him, his desire to live was forcing him to use his own electric current to accelerate the movement of his legs beyond that of a normal man.

Though he was too engrossed in his thoughts to notice, he was running at the speed of a race car, the Schaw still managing to barely keep up. However, with each passing moment that it couldn't have its prey, it seemed to get even quicker.

But Ansgar could escape it. He remembered something, something he had only done once, which had frightened him into never doing it again. He didn't know what caused it but he did know that he could do it.

He entered the eye of the storm and immediately began to feel torn apart. He was becoming electricity - the feeling was not pleasant for a still-mortal. It was like thousands of tiny needles tearing at the skin, forcing it to become something it wasn't meant to be.

He leapt into the clouds in this new form, his body feeling like it was about to fall apart. He felt like he was at the edge of death itself, and at any moment, the cloud could tear him apart. He didn't like the sensation.

He also didn't like the giant feline pacing below him under the clouds, pondering how to get to him.

He grunted, his blade extended. Currently, to the average passerby, if they saw Ansgar, they would see his human figure, staring at the Schaw with determination. However, Ansgar was no longer completely human. Most of his body had been turned into particles of energy, and the energy was dependent upon the storm. If the storm ended, he would die. He could feel it. He would be torn into pieces. This was the greatest ability he had, or so he knew, and it was still too weak. Sooner or later, the Schaw would find a way to get him. All he could do was sit, helpless, in the warm embrace of the clouds.

"Jupiter... DO SOMETHING!" he bellowed, his echo going amongst the stratus. "I don't know who gave you to me but I know you're not normal but I'm not normal either. Can't you help me out?!"

Jupiter sat silent. Ansgar could never know, until the time came, that the blade was sealed until the day a god held it.

Ansgar.. was not yet a god.

He could only clutch the sword and rock back and forth in the clouds, shaking all over from the adrenaline which left his body feeling empty and alone. He wanted someone to hug him again, to tell him that it would be ok, that the world wasn't as cruel as he was beginning to believe.

But his natural optimism was being challenged. The slightest hint of despair beckoned on the edge of his mind. He wished he could wave it away like some sort of annoying fly but it was part of him.

It was a hungry void of desolation. It sought to force him to give up all hope, to fall to shadows, to use Jupiter as a weapon rather than a shield. He kept telling himself something could save him here.

But in this horrible moment, he remembered.

There were no gods to pray to. No unknown force in the heavens to call for assistance. No solemn comfort in the darkest time with a word to the skies.

There was no outside force. Humanity had destroyed it so long ago that only a select few priests even remembered.

He stood to his feet, the sword by his side, hanging loosely. He smiled, suddenly feeling empowered.

If there are no gods to pray to, then humans must rise to defend themselves. He would have to take it upon himself to protect his own life, even if he lost it doing so. It was up to him to take this beast down before it hurt any innocents in the vicinity. He would become their god, with the powers he possessed, a man with abilities far surpassing anything science could give him.

He felt strong. He felt powerful. He felt like, for some reason, he could one day have the ability to turn all of these clouds into one gigantic weapon to use upon this tiny Schaw. It was nothing to him. He felt invigorated.

Some primal, ancestral destiny was calling to him, telling him that this Schaw was not his end, that this one meager foe would not halt his advance.

He had a mission to carry out.

He began flipping upon the clouds, pushing himself forward. The Spark on his shoulder (which, if anyone cared to know, was named Volt) was both worried and happily excited by this change in personality. It rubbed itself against his face in bliss. He placed a hand upon it, feeling the warmth of its energy. Yes, this small thing proved he definitely had powers no other man had.

Why? Hell if he knew. He just knew he did.

Grinning, he realized how he could fool this monstrosity. If it was dependent on energy...

He began to absorb the flow of the electricity around him. He could feel it, tingling, bristling, ALIVE. It wasn't an inanimate concept, it was a living, sentient beast, an animal of energy instead of blood. It thrived on movement and freedom. It was unconstrained.

He would be the same. He sent out the currents from his body, creating equally energetic lightning bolts around him. Though it was a simple parlor trick, to the Schaw, it would see ten of himself, moving in different directions, if his theory was right.

He believed that the Schaw could not see with its eyes. It saw based on a being's bioelectric current. If Ansgar created an equal current precisely or close, the Schaw would most likely grow confused.

And hopefully follow the wrong one.

All Ansgar had to do was get back to the hangar.

(( In case you're wondering, this should follow what I already stated his unAwakened power to be. The reason he can become energy - slightly - is because he had to hide quite often from the words and insults of his fellow classmates. When he was feeling slightly depressed one day, he reached his hand to the sky, feeling at home there. A lightning bolt smacked him, and he was transported into the clouds. Frightened and unable to control it, he tried desperately to jump back down. He couldn't. He had become part of the current.

He finally managed to get back down when he realized how to rematerialize but he's been too scared to do it ever since.

Basically, his only "current" (c wut I did thar) power is the ability to touch and become lightening, with his awakening power being the full control of energy and even more in depth.

Also, he can't hold this for long, and the Schaw may actually have sight. I don't know. Maybe the cloud cover prevented it from seeing him run? Either way, I'm not going to roleplay that he escaped because that's your call. ))

Roxy aimed herself back at the station she stopped at. There were still ships there, maybe someone there is rich enough to afford a warp drive. Without one she is good as dead. She collapsed the space between herself and the station and appeared outside of it in an instant. She entered the atmosphere and dropped to the cracked pavement. Her ankle gave in and she flopped to one side. Roxy scrambled to her feet, lucky her ankle was only strained, and got to the diner as fast as she could. She slung open the door and looked wild eyed around the shiny interior, "People people, we need to hide. There is a-", she said, in a voice that matches her appearance with the same roughness, "Oh I see you noticed", she said. Everyone that had been eating in the satellite were already hiding behind overturned tables and counters. She followed suit and hid under the window with the spider lady that served her an hour ago. She peaked out the window and looked at the massive shark circling the diner. It was like it was waiting on something.

((You cruel monster, you know damn well he isn't a fighter.

And that's why I'm going to enjoy this ))

Mical felt himself being pulled backward, or rather his head. It was a sudden motion, and when he looked up, he regretted it almost as quickly as he looked. Someone... no, something had began to wrap his arms around him. Its 'neck', if he could even called it that wasn't one solid mass, rather is was a weave of utter darkness. But the worse part was its head... oh good god its head. It was a solid black void, yet vague colors swirled around it, fading and reappearing at will. His eyes shrank, his heartbeat shot up, his breathing became rapid. He knew that whatever this thing was, it was bad... he needed to do something, and fast.

He had a saving grace, the creature was only interested in his head, or rather it was mostly focused on that region. He was within reach of his canvas, and his arms were free. He hated to destroy his work, but he didn't have much in the way of self-defense. Grabbing the canvas, he made a single fluid motion and smacked it across the head. Another horrifying sight emerged, the head 'exploded' when he made contact. It was almost like gum, it stretched in many different directions and became almost flat. The colors had filled different parts, becoming more noticeable then the black void of the intact head. The canvas was now dented and crack, despite the elasticity of its head.

Its grip had weakened, whether out of surprise of pain. Regardless, now it was Mical's chance to run. Grabbing what he could, he booked it away from the outlook, through the wooded area behind him. As he tried to distance himself from the monster, he didn't consider what else it could do. Its head reformed into a solid black mass once again, but it slowly began to turn to Mical. And in one suddenly motion, began to spring towards him. Its ropey body unweaved and weaved to produce a springing-like motion.

Looking back, Mical saw that the monster had began to catch up to him, causing him to pick up his speed.

How in the hell was he going to get out of this alive.

Edited by Lore_Master

((What madness you speak? Of course he's a fighter, he just don't know it yet. Anyway, guess I should get this rolling now.))

It was painful to watch, these monsters antagonizing the godlings before they even knew what they were. I couldn't bear it any longer. With a heavy sigh, my hand stretched out and grasped at the time of these beasts, connecting their minds, their thoughts with my own.

It is not yet your time. Return to whence you came and let your prey ripen. Your time will come soon enough.

At first, the beasts resisted my demands, but they soon began to fade away, back to their realm. They were created to consume us, the gods, and their hunger would only grow the longer they waited. They are creatures that the young gods can not avoid, it is part of their destiny and the monsters will return in due time.

Again, I reached out my hand into the void of space and connected my time with that of the young gods and I planted a drive in them that would bring them to me. It would be a drive that would keep them alive. A drive that would push them to fight against anything that got in their way. A drive to unite them all together.

Soon, it would be my time to reveal myself once again, to put the multiverse on its toes and reap those who sought our extinction.

My hand fell to my side and I felt winded, but it'd be a matter of days before the young gods are finally able to group together and mere weeks before they would find me. So, I had to prepare myself. It was time I faced against my own shadow.

Edited by zakku_uchiha

(Um, what's going on ^^' sorry, busy life and all)

((So I don't get a monster? sad.gif I expected you to make some twenty-headed hydra or a dire wolf made of solid ice.))

(( Actually, Zakku, I understand why you want us to do this. I know your current situation all too well - so I'll continue to roleplay til you tell me to stop.

So that you don't have to worry about it. :3 ))

A god. He could become a god.

Ansgar's face was wild and filled with lunacy. He didn't know why he was thinking these thoughts. Something was pulsating in the back of his mind stronger than any despair or desire to kill.

The thoughts he was thinking were normally blasphemy among old sects of religion, but now that most religion was replaced with a belief in the creations of man, blasphemy had a definition now similar to vandal.

He could see them now - those people who had insulted him. He would be merciful. He would show them that he forgave them for their insolence in treating him that way.

He would defend them from the beasts who attacked them. He would give them hope. He would give them stories to tell.

He would create a legacy that would be passed down. He would enforce laws to protect them. At first, they may not enjoy it, but then they would strictly follow them.

What would he call this binding of legacies, this combination of stories and rules? He had heard names for such things. The Bible. The Quran. Texts which told of different views on a single entity.

And now, he would be one of those. He ran across the clouds without care or worry, Volt sitting at his side excitedly. The Schaw, thankfully, was confused, and started trying to follow the wrong clones, running in circles. It couldn't tell what was going on. It began to roar feebly, trying to scare him down.

Thankfully, no one could hear the roars, and people would avoid the storms. Unlike Ansgar, most people could not handle the storms on Olimpus. They were fierce, deadly, and above all, they were ruthless. Lightning struck every few moments. They only brought one blessing: The waters which fell from them. They cascaded upon the arid planet surface, bringing life. Ansgar had always felt like them - a storm of death which could bring prosperity. Or rather, a storm of prosperity which could bring death. That's what he would become.

He jumped off the final cloud, the ship coming into view. He just needed to reach it now. As he fell from the cloud he drained as much energy as he could from it, landing like a lightning bolt. He smiled, pleased.

"Now for the home stretch!" he grinned, dashing forward. The Schaw still chased one of his clones in the distance.

Just a little longer. JUST A LITTLE LONGER.

He ran forward, rolling and jumping. He ignored the ash that had once been bodies of guards, promising them vengeance when he could bring it. The ship was before him now.

He placed his hand upon it, climbing up to reach the cockpit. In the distance, he could hear the Schaw roaring in anger as it realized it had been fooled. It began to barrel at him at full speed.

He coughed, surprised. He still managed, however, to reach the cockpit and placed his hand on the console.

The ship immediately had a shock equivalent to that of twenty lightning bolts run through its core, jolting it back into existence. He laughed with excitement as he closed the protective glass of the ship over himself, the Schaw now dangerously close.

"HUNGER!" it roared, for the first time speaking. Ansgar watched with awe as the beast leapt at him as he began to launch into the skies. It grabbed onto the ship, trying desperately to gain a foothold. He then realized that the beast was draining the ship of energy. Soon, it wouldn't be able to breach the atmosphere.

Ansgar raised the cockpit, feeling the pressure immediately upon him. The wind rushed past his head as he leaned outward, barely contained in the ship by the restraints.

"Sorry man." Ansgar apologized, smiling. "But this ride is for paying customers only! NO STOWAWAYS."

He held out his hand and blasted the beast with the last bit of electricity he had stored, slamming it in the face. It devoured the blast but the force of the blast knocked it off balance. Ansgar then turned the ship up to full acceleration.

The beast could no longer hold his true form. He began to fall apart back into orbs of electricity.

The orbs continued to chase him but without the speed of the full fledged monster they came from.

As he flew off into the stars, he wondered where he may end up.

As if in answer, a sudden urge began to take hold of his mind. He grabbed his head, confused, unable to understand or fathom what it was. It felt strong. It felt irresistible. He stared at the console ahead of him, typing in numbers without understanding. He typed in a set of coordinates unfamiliar to him - coordinates which did not exist on any map in any mortal book.

He began to fly off into the cosmos, undeterred by fear of open space. He was more curious than afraid. His familiar grin covered his face.

"Well, here we go Volt!" Ansgar said, as they drifted on.

------

The vast emptiness of space is - as to be expected - quite empty. Even in a second-class exploration ship, Ansgar was having a hard time not being bored. Being confined in a small space for any length of time was hard for the young and energetic man. The reason was simple - he was as untamed as an electron. After he had entered zero-gravity, he noticed the Schaw had completely vanished. Any trace of its existence that may have remained would have been hard to see anyway, and probably didn't matter. In any case, Ansgar didn't really mind the beast so much. His fear had subsided. He knew a bit more about it now.

And it had invigorated him. Using his power in such a way.. He flexed his fingers experimentally. He was half-surprised he was back in his cage of flesh, his mortal form. He felt like it was unnatural now. This body he had had for 19 years of his life now felt like it was strange and unusual. His mind was firing quicker than it ever had. He wanted to feel that excitement - that ecstasy - of being one with the clouds.

"Dangerous emotions!" Volt rubbed itself against Ansgar's face fearfully. "Stop stop! You are losing yourself!"

"Right... right." Ansgar agreed, patting the tiny creature. "You're right. I need.. I need dinner."

He suddenly realized how hungry and exhausted he was. Using that power to that extent had tired his entire body to the point of fainting. In fact, as he began to feel its effects, he had trouble standing up. He placed his hand upon his face, rubbing it through his white hair. Vertigo was assaulting him from all directions.

He stumbled towards the spacecraft's kitchen area, hoping that some sort of food was left behind. He was not disappointed - the people of his planet had taken the ship's power but believed the food of other planets was dirty and impure. Ansgar remembered this fact with a bit of a smirk. He didn't have such biases. Food was food, regardless of source. He needed it now, anyway.

He began to eat, savoring the taste, as he laid back in the resting chairs of the kitchen. The craft had been made for a crew of up to four, though one man could easily pilot it for short missions. Still, after that acceleration, the energy of the ship was having to regenerate yet again. He could feel it moving and growing within the walls of the craft. He couldn't expect it to perform the sort of quick travel that it had been made for just yet.

But, it didn't really bother him. He had escaped from that hellhole after so many years. Now, he could meet new people, maybe find someone else like himself, maybe even a group of those people. He could answer questions, questions he had had since he could first think.

One of the most important was how... or rather, why. Why could he do the things he could do? For most of his life, he had believed firmly that he was from another distant planet, one with abilities similar to his, and that his real parents were looking for him. In this scenario, he had also worried if maybe he had been kidnapped from that planet. Another idea he had fancied is the famous Superman scenario - his planet was being destroyed and he was the sole survivor.

However, he liked to believe that maybe, just maybe, that there WERE people with his abilities or similar ones somewhere out there, and they could teach him how to use even more of them. He wanted to grow stronger, so that that giant beast could never threaten him or innocent people ever again.

Yeah. There had to be SOMEONE out there like him. Someone also desperately searching for another individual like themselves. In the vast abyss of space, there were people like himself who had always wanted friends who understood who they were.

His optimism and hope had kept this belief strong within him. Doubt and despair didn't really affect the light-hearted Ansgar Willhelm. They were emotions which ruined lives and Ansgar really didn't want a part of them.

He moved to look out the window, into the expanse of space, and sighed.

Maybe that star was actually a ship with a person like him on it. Or maybe that star was a sun that gave a planet full of them life. Maybe somewhere out there, someone else was looking at those same stars, and thinking the same things.

The excitement boiled within him. Yes! He would find people like himself. The chances were just too great. Space was too big! There had to be someone else. At least one. Just one would be enough. Two would be great. Three? Well a man could hope. Why, in fact, he could even hope for four or five. There are no limits on dreams.

"If there is still a God out there... one who escaped. I'm sorry for what we did." Ansgar suddenly said, as he leaned upon his bed, preparing to take a nap. "I mean, I didn't do it personally, but I feel it was probably a bad choice. You don't owe me anything, I know, and uh... I shouldn't even be asking but... could you help me with at least one thing? Maybe you've helped me with a lot, and I just didn't know. If that's the case, then.. thank you very much. But, I need one more favor. Just one, ok?"

He sighed.

"Can you help me find people like me? I mean, I know that may be a tall order, and you don't have to do it. Of course you don't. Who am I to tell you what you can and can't do. But... can you at least help me and Volt find a new friend to talk to?"

He turned in his bed, his face red. For some reason, he felt really embarrassed telling his soul to some maybe even nonexistent being. They said the Gods were all dead. Even then, why would they listen to a mortal like him? After what they had done.

Still, he felt that gods could forgive. Even though no one else but Volt had been present and heard his confession to an unknown force, he felt like it had been heard by yet another person. Maybe it was just his natural optimism. Ah well, it worked.

He felt a bit more relaxed. Volt rubbed up closer against him. Ansgar hugged the little Spark close to his chest and closed his eyes.

"Please." he repeated, before falling asleep.

(( That's up for Zakku to decide now unless someone wants their ship to randomly meet mine. :3 ))

(( EDIT: Basically, I was typing as Zakku posted. For me, I think the Schaw is also perfect as a pet still because Ansgar could feed him excess electricity. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

((@TehUltimateMage: Everyone has a monster, but not all of them... came too, so to speak. Don't fret, I have your monster and you'll encounter it soon, but for now... time to get everyone together.

@Raptor: Pretty much, a few of the characters encountered various monsters who's sole purpose was to consume the gods. Everyone has one specifically set for their character's ability. In other words, it's like a poisonous snake biting its own tail. Now, everyone should have this instinct to find a way towards the Seer. They don't know who, what, where, when, why, or how, but they have this urge that's pulling them in the right direction.

@Thael: Oh? Do what exactly? Control your own monsters or something else?))

(( Yeah, it was about controlling our monsters. Since I know how hard it is for you to usually keep an eye on roleplays, it really helps move things along that you don't have to control the monsters but you can create them and guide everything along as well. ))

Matt came out of his shadow to see that indeed the giant snake had left the area, it hadn't attacked. He appeared back in his room using shadows to get around easier, he decided that he needed to go he had to go walking get on a ship and find somewhere else for him, this planet didn't seem safe, he just had a tug to leave this planet and so he would. He packed up food and some clothing and of course his notebook and knife as well before going to a ship that was nearby. He had flown ships before and decided to let the ship take its course and lead him. He got in and got it into outer space before shifting and letting the ship guide him to where ever it would take him, if it got too dangerous he could take control and steer away from anymore weird dangers.