Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

"What are you even doing." Ansgar asked bluntly, concerned. "What are you doing right now. That's not how you should act in another man's room. And look at my bed. Do you even know how long it took some person to make a bed for a god. Do you even know? No. you can't know. You can't know the hours and hours of excruciating work it most likely took for them to make that. Now where am I supposed to sleep? This isn't how you behave when you're kidnapped by a mad electric godling."

He crossed his arms, disappointed.

"I mean how old are you anyway? Get out of there right now." he said, punching the stone with an electrified fist to make a hole in it. "This is entirely too silly."

((Of course not, you wished for the same greeting everyone else received. So, I gave it to you. Then, I'll give it to you again... and again... and again. xd.png))

[Do not test me. My potential is unlimited. I can make you wish your very existence to end.]

The only safety he'd known had been brutally ripped away from him. In times of danger, he'd always had this box to rely on. But now it's gone, broken, destroyed. He sighed. If these new people wanted to censorkip.gif with him, he'd show them what Tyler Manson could do.

He pulled Lizzie from its holster, took aim, and fired a single shot. That usually solved the problem.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME! I just. I just can't right now! Okay? Just leave me be! I'll fix your ****ing bed if you just leave me the hell alone!"

After that declaration, a bar extended from the wall, pushing the destroyed frame out of the way. After that, a darkness appeared where over the bed used to be. Moments later, it vanished. And in place of that darkness, was what looked like the most comfortable bed one could sleep on.

"Now please, just leave me alone!"

Edited by Astrodeath311

Ansgar sighed irritably as the bullet pierced his shoulder above his heart.

"You do know it takes longer to heal god-caused damage, right? Be careful with that thing. I'm not here to hurt you like the Seer would. I am here to promise you my support."

He then noticed the new bed, awestruck.

"Did... did you make that? Can you actually USE that?" Ansgar said, confused. He placed a hand upon it, dumbfounded.

"THIS IS A REAL BED WHAT THE HELL?" Ansgar sat on it, concerned. "THIS ISN'T MAGICAL OR ANYTHING WHAT DID YOU DO."

[by the way, I'm probably going to be switching over to First-Person writing now. I'm not planning on introducing another character.]

"Stop." As I said those words, the walls around me crumbled into dust.

"Stop." I repeated again, then continued, "What did you just say? 'God-based damage takes longer to heal?' No. That's not right. See, I'm no God. I don't even know why I'm on this planet! And why this other woman just attacks me out of nowhere! Why?"

I was dumbfounded at this point; beyond pain or help. My entire existence was shaken, almost gone, turned to nothing but insanity. This planet, it was rewriting my identity. Yesterday, here was Tyler. Today, new-found God? Whatever this is, it isn't me. It's not. I'm not a god.

And then a small voice rose up in the back of my head.

"Then become the God you were born to be."

I rose and dropped to a knee. The voice commanded a respect within me. I felt compelled to listen to it.

"I will," I croaked out quietly. But first, I wanted to sleep. Maybe. I wasn't so sure. My body was electrified. I felt like I could walk for miles.

"You. Ansgar, right? Explain this world to me." I put extra emphasis on my next word, "Slowly."

(Bored, time to throw in more people at Ansgar and Tyler)

Ace had finished with his bath and stood up. He dried off and got dressed in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. Walking back to his room he Heard house inside. He swung open the door, seeing two people he thought he had the wrong room until he saw his backpack on the floor. He looked between the two "what are you guys doing in my room? Where's my bed?! Please tell me neither of you played with my vials." He sighed softly as he started checking his vials making sure they didn't take any of his poison vials. Ace was more than ready to fight if he found vials missing, luckily they were all there.

"YO BOY WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING." Ansgar said, grabbing Ace gruffly with one hand. "Men are talking. Also, this means you were the one who was in my room without permission. I don't know you. That's two infractions."

Ansgar sent the man flying with a blast of electricity to his shoulder, undaunted. How impolite was it for him to simply take his room like that.

He then turned to Tyler, cracking his knuckles.

"For starters, we can do a lot of stuff like that pretty easily." he grinned. "It also means that you're going to have to fight a lot. You ready?"

Edited by Thaelasan

I sighed, with a simple question on my lips. I did not flinch as this boy blew the intruder away, but rather accepted it as a part of my new life.

"Will it always be as hard as the first time? 'Cause this sucks." I continued, "I suppose I can fight. But not on a god-caliber. I've never really thought about it that much. Gods are supposed to be the perfect beings, worrying over the universe so we don't have to. Right?"

I shook my head, scratching the back of my head. It was all quite confusing, being left to your own devices after getting the censorkip.gif beat out of you. He was still sort of reeling from it all, but I actually felt like I had a new grip on reality; a new lease on life.

I, Tyler Manson, was a god, and I think I really needed to start living up to that title.

[by the way, light is a pretty nice material to sleep on.]

Edited by Astrodeath311

(Oh god if he is light he might not like Matt xd.png)

ace stood up cracking his neck.He placed a hand over the gods mouth and nose secreting a lesser poison that would induce hallucinations "you shouldn't mess with me, I had no clue who's room this was it was empty." He let the poison take its affect hoping this guy didn't move just in time or was immune to poison, those lightning things hurt.

Ansgar felt slightly drowsy but he'd be damned if he let this room invader touch him like that forever. He began to emit a high-voltage electric charge from his body, anything touching it immediately becoming electrified.

Of course, the stones wouldn't conduct it as well as anything else, but he wasn't worried about those.

Edited by Thaelasan

As Nikki spoke, Roxy nodded with interest. She had heard of the great forge planet of Illium. She never been there of course. There wasn't a lot of tourist attractions or helpful spots for a drifter. Now the ships that they created she did know, "I know about those ships. I have lived on them off and on for a while", she said, crossing her arms on the edge of the bath and rested her chin on her wrists, "In fact, I have lived on a bunch of random ships." she trailed off. She had been living on the run for five years. Jumping from ship to backwater planet. Slowing making her way towards a yearning. She had always assumed that this drive was just the panic of getting as far away from her home as she could. The men chasing her had lost her trail a while back but she still felt like she wasn't safe enough.

Well, that changed when she got here. This planet was...quiet. The nagging at the back of her mind was no longer a problem. She looked up at Nikki and realized that she just stopped talking and left her hanging. She shook her head and cleared the yellow from her hair that had been creeping up her mohawk since she started talking.

She shook her head, "Wow. I can actually get what you feel like," she said, "I lived on Phang. A little nowhere comet orbiting between the Mirach and Almaak sectors." She took a breath and let the wall of water fall behind her. A wave washed through the bath as the water came crashing down. She bit her lip, the color in her hair faded to a dull gray, "I was always trained to use my powers, ever since I found I had them", she started, "Lets just say that my people have been waiting on me to show up for a long time and man, were they ready." She fell silent again. It was hard to talk about. She even avoids thinking about it as often as she can. She read in a book once that it's possible to repress memories so much that they vanished completely. That's what she was aiming for. She really didn't know what to talk about, "I'm sorry. Thanks for telling me about yourself but I don't think I can do the same", she said apologetically, "it's...rough." she said.

Roxy heard the door open then shut and assumed that the other guy had left. He was not going to get along with anyone here very quick. He seemed a bit pushy. Oh well, she was at least starting her censorkip.gif*y attitude shell she build ever sense she escaped was finally starting to crack.

[Thael, who are you talking about in your last post? You started using 'he' but never specified who it is.]

Tyler was rather confused, and not entirely put-together. These two people -- No, these two gods were fighting over a room. He wouldn't stand for it. Tyler had seen people die for something lesser than this. Pointless fighting when the room was entirely big enough for both of them would not be tolerated. And even if it was not, that could be rectified.

"Now then. If you both do not stop this senseless fighting, then I shall shoot you both and let someone else deal with you. I will also not present my rather, unique solution to the problem. That being erecting a wall between both of you. This also means that you would not have to see each other, at all, if preferable. Because siblings do not act this way."

What he could create, Tyler could also take away. The bed stood as an example of this, where there was one light, he created darkness. The darkness enveloped the bed, and when it disappeared, that comforting thing was gone.

And then, he created. A great wall to stand against these two opposing forces. Out in the hallway, a great ball came swinging, breaking down the doorway. From there, Tyler reformed it out of his own imagination.

And there were words, great words, as well.

On the left side of the room, Tyler created a sign. "Ansgar, the boy who kidnapped me."

As for the right side, it was a creation of simplicity.

"Other Kid."

He grinned.

Edited by Astrodeath311

(He is talking about ace)

Ace was immediately sent back a few feet and growled as acid started to drip off of him. Ace let out a soft growl "why are you being so angry, calm down." He looked around and sighed "no one was here,thought this was open"

[Thanks for disregarding my post, Voltage.

And no, he's not. He's controlling Ansgar but never specified that it was Ansgar he was controlling.]

Edited by Astrodeath311

Ansgar was about to pursue more combat when the stone wall divided the combatants. Irritated, he turned to Tyler, pointing.

"Hey, are you serious?" he said, concerned. "I try to be tame but the guy just took my bed. Do you even know how completely ridiculous that is? Why didn't he pay attention to the nameplates above the doors?"

He pointed above the now destroyed doorway.

"There's a name plate. Right there." he said, sighing. "Well it doesn't matter now. Now my room is broken in half. Great."

Tyler stepped out into the hall, disregarding what the electric boy was doing or saying. Ansgar did have a point, however, there was a sign above the door in that same strange handwriting from that note all those years ago. Tyler never remembered learning the language, but yet he could read it perfectly.

"Hm. I wonder if I could speak in that language as well."

Anyways, the sign read simply, "Ansgar". There was nothing else on the nameplate.

That was quite queer, since that other boy claimed he lived in the room.

Whatever.

He demelded the wall, then pointed at Ace.

"You're not welcome here. Get out."

It was Ansgar's room in the first place, and if this poison boy wanted to fight them both, so be it.

Even though he disapproved of the fight in the first place. It was Ansgar's room, not Ace's. And everybody knows there can only be two roommates.

"Oh, and Ansgar? Don't worry. I'll fix it. Maybe a fine Roman carpet, from the old days.." Tyler was feeling better, now that he had something to do.

"Choices! Ooh, so many choices."

First, he made a new doorway. Then he made it red. After all, color is only light, so why doesn't he get to decide what it is or is not?

And for the walls, he painted them red as well. With yellow lightning bolts streaking through them. It looked better then it sounded, believe me. The floor was still barren; grey stone that defied the beauty around them. Tyler decided not to paint the stones, but rather cover them up.

A beautiful rug covered the drab ground and added a little more life to the room. After that, Tyler sat down on the now-existent bed and admired his work.

Edited by Astrodeath311

Ansgar was mind-blown.

"It's... it's PERFECTION!" he said happily, leaping on to the bed and flipping over. "Quite sophisticated. Yes. Yes."

He lay there for a moment, leaning back and resting his head on his arms. This Tyler guy sure knew how to live.

"If you wanted to live in here, then go ahead. You may want another bed though, unless you want me to sleep on the floor. After all, a guest gets the bed first, right?" he said kindly, turning.

Tyler grinned at Ansgar.

"Yes, please. By all means, sleep on the floor. Clearly that is the best solution to this headache." He paused here, as if thinking.

"Oh wait, it's not. I have a better one. Why can't I just Meld another bed? Surely that would be preferable to sleeping on the floor." He said this with as much sarcasm as he could muster in the present situation, then set about creating his own side of the room. As for the doorway, that was replaced with something that fit the room more than a destroyed piece of stone hanging lazily where you would have your head.

The bed with more simple than Ansgar's was; Tyler had never been one for the luxuries of royalty. It more than resembled the beat-down and worn-out bed that had served his body for so long. It felt like home.

Too bad that place was gone.

He sighed. Laying on this bed brought a solitary tear to his eyes. It reminded him too much of another time and place. When he still had a family to return to.

When he still had a home.

Tyler shook himself back to reality. This was neither the time nor place to break down. For one, there was still the Poison Boy in the room. Ansgar seemed satisfied for the time being, however, and for that he was grateful. If Ansgar was happy, then he wouldn't grab Tyler by the hand and whisk him off to wherever the boy pleased.

Tyler still hadn't forgiven him for that.

Ansgar noticed the boy's tears and frowned, confused.

"You ok over there, mate?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow. "Someone cutting onions somewhere?"

[i'M NOT A BOY. TYLER IS 25.]

Tyler wiped his face and nodded.

"I'm fine. Just thinking about things that are best forgotten." This was the truth of the matter, thinking about his planet would not bring it back; nor would it help him take revenge on those who had destroyed it.

Tyler Melded a small replica of Passer in his palm, before it had been destroyed. It still looked as beautiful as ever.

Then, he crushed it in his hand. It was gone. Nothing could change that.

The past is behind you. Best to not linger on it.

Edited by Astrodeath311

((Okay... so... I'm getting kind of bored with where things are at right now, so I'm gonna have us skip ahead... oh, err... six months. Training is fun and all, but it's time to get the missions started.))

Nikki let out a huff, sweat dripping down and her arms hanging loosely at her sides. Standing in the center a giant underground arena, she stood by idly, waiting for something to come. As if to answer her, a volley of sharp green rocks jutted from the ground and she barely had time to create a barrier to protect herself, one of the strange rocks had slashed into her calve. Another had grazed her shoulder.

From the shadows, a giant humanoid figure charged her and it was far from being slow. Diving to the right, Nikki rolled and twisted just in time to create another wall to prevent a volley of those green rocks from hitting her.

Peeking out, Nikki saw the thing charge directly at her barrier and, with some assistance, she vaulted herself backwards, but hadn't been quick enough to escape this beast's grasp. With a large hand, clutched around her leg, it spun around and threw her like a baseball into the wall on the opposite side. Air escaped her lungs and the world went black for a moment, but even as she fell to the ground Nikki landed on her feet. Months of training had tuned her body, even when unconscious her body could still defend itself. This is what the Seer had done with them.

Now, with some distance, Nikki regained herself and looked at where this beast was. No fear, no regret, Nikki smirked and clenched her fists. Two giant tubes erupted from the ground behind her and began to form into some form of cannon, spinning around until their own static began to form electricity of their own and a thunderous boom echoed throughout the cavern. Dust filled the air and Nikki's ears rang for a while, but she proceeded to walk over where the beast had been, kicking at its leg with a smile strewn across her face. Shortly after the beast sat up, but instead of attacking her a smile stretched across its face as well.

"You win, young one. I have depleted my stamina. Why, it took every ounce of myself to continue on, yet you never even took a knee."

"You did great, Sygiluth, that's the first time in a while that I've been on my toes."

Returning to its full height the beast patted Nikki on the head and headed for the exit, which had just opened, towards the rear of the stadium. Nikki looked up at the seating area, where the others were, and gave them all a thumbs up before collapsing to the ground. In truth, she was just as exhausted. Any longer and she probably would've lost. Sygiluth was a mighty beast able to manipulate and manifest a material that wasn't in Nikki's reign of control.

"So, if that was the easy part of the test... what else lies ahead?"

It was more of a rhetorical question, but any kind of answer would've been nice. Each of the godlings were being put through a series of tests. Ones that would stretch their abilities to the limit. Nikki had been the fourth person in the line up, with Ansgar leading them, followed by Roxy, and then Matt. Tyler was next, with Ace following up, and then the remaining gods that hadn't had their training extended.

((Just a quick notification... everyone's first test put their endurance on the line. A beast has come forth that is both resilient and very difficult to take down in one shot with your abilities and seemingly as your battle continues it only seems to get tougher.

There will be six total stages:

1. Endurance

2. Skill

3. Tactics

4. Power

5. Restraint

6. Survival

In each test, whatever it is you face against will always seem like it's a step ahead of you. Do not make these tests simple, if I had planned it out a bit more, my battle would have extended to the beginning which was three hours prior to the current time. Ansgar's testing lasted for nearly two days (mind you that's 40hrs per day, so almost 80hrs of nothing but battling against a seemingly invincible foe.

Anyway, yeah... this is the process of ascension. I didn't want to skip this, so after it's complete we'll begin the next portion of the story line. The juicy part.))

Edited by zakku_uchiha

(( So how did ANsgar actually do? Was the Seer impressed? Did people throw flowers? I need to know so that I don't make a mistake. ))

((Like I said... this is only stage one. To put it simply, you passed. There's nothing to be extraordinary or impressive about a test meant to test your endurance. You'll know if you failed to do anything, because you wouldn't be ascending.))

(So lost, so we post as if it has been six months?)

Edited by voltage

(((I get you)))

Roxy sat in the front row. Her huge boots were off and her feet were up on the low guard wall, her bright green toenails sparkled in the light of the Great Sun. She was wearing cut off jean shorts and a grey tank top. Her Infamosa were peaking around the thin straps of her shirt. Her black Union jacket that she hacked into a vest long ago was thrown over the wall. Her head was hung back and even though her test was finished before Nikki's, she was still trying to catch her breath.

Her opponent seemed easy enough at first. It was just a huge beetle with a black shell. He tried to flatten it with a high gravity punch. It's shell must have been made of void matter or something because the thing didn't even budge. So she tried to reverse gravity. The room she was in was just a huge box and she figured if she fell to the ceiling, the bug would flip over and Roxy could squash it. It didn't move. It just skittered about on the ceiling and walls like a freaky giant bug would and made Roxy run circles in that damn cubic room for what felt like an hour. She finally managed to beat it by dropping a giant pebble on it's head.

Now she was exhausted. She looked up when she heard the door slide open. She smiled when Nikki came out and gave the God's scattered among the stadium seats, Roxy shot up her fists and yelled, "Whooooo! Nikki!", was all the enthusiasm that she had energy for. She laughed and hung her head back. This was a particularly rough course of training the Seer was putting them throght. Six months she had been there and all she had to show for it was a tan and a new found respect for giant insects. She had been watching the others get stronger and stronger while her abilities seemed to plateau this past month. She was lifting the same amount with her powers. She wasn't making her gravitational feilds any stronger or wider. She couldn't fly any faster. It was like she was in a rut. This was the least of her worries though. Even if she there was something wrong with her it didn't matter. She was finally someplace safe.

Staying on Larr, or thats what she calls it in Phangite, was the longest she had stayed in one place by a long shot. In the time after her escape, she had never slept in the same place for more than a week. Traveling was safe, kept the trail cold. Now she didn't feel like she needed to do this. It had been weeks since she traveled into the void that lies outside of the safety of the atmosphere. She refused to take anyone with her too. She didn't feel like she could handle the responsibility of another God's life. She gave up on ever seeing her friend Captain Fibb after about a month of being on Larr. The Seer had told her that this planet was invisible to mortals. IT didn't bother her much anymore, she would see him again amongst the stars. Hell, she might see him soon. He has been trying to convince the Seer to let her leave the system for just a little while. It would defiantly help her practice interstellar and extrasteller travel. Alas, Roxy didn't feel that she was capable of finding this place again if she left. She was scared of losing this place. It was her home after all.

Roxy roller her head to the left and looked at Tyler. From what the Seer had said, her was after Nikki. She still didn't get along with him very well but that wasn't a big deal. Roxy didn't get along with any of the men. There were always little squabbles and harmless fights over hot water and jugs of milk. She whistled through her teeth, a quick, sharp tone pierced the silent air, "OI! Sparkles. Your up.", she yelled, "Hope you have to fight a photosynthesizing lizard". She smiled and her mohawk shifted to bubblegum pink as she teased the male. She rolled her head back to look back up at the sky. She took a messy drink from her water bottle and sighed. Endurance training sucked. Roxy hoped that the next round would be a bit more fun.