Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

When Nikki had regained enough energy to move again, she took a seat next to Roxy and propped her feet up. Beads of sweat dripped off her chin and her skin glistened in the light, a result from the effort she had to put into this fight alone. Looking at Roxy, she smiled warmly and leaned her head back.

"I think I can sleep for that full eighteen hours now, maybe even eat all the food they lay out on the dining table. That was exhausting. I say after this, we go soak in the hot springs over by Felder's Ridge."

Felder's Ridge was another populated section of the planet that was revealed to everyone around the fourth month of their training. Its inhabitants varied from Sprytes, male and female alike, to a species known as Nhoma's, a reptilian race known as Vouhrkulians, and the universal renowned species of myth and legend, Dracuhra (Dragons). In the center of this fascinating place was a hot spring that can heal any injury, remove fatigue, and (supposedly) extend ones life.

"So, what do you say? The Seer said we have a day's rest between each test, so going to the springs would be perfect."

[Oh, wow. I go to sleep and then you skip ahead six months. Sneaky, sneaky!]

Tyler paused. Today marked the six month anniversary of his stay on this planet.

He had to admit, it had been a while.

So far he'd met Ansgar, Nikki, Roxy, Matt, and Ace. They'd all been genuinely cool people, with unique powers.

Except for Matt. Matt had the ability to control the shadows. As in, he could make them come up around Tyler's hands, effectively nyxing his powers.

I hope you can tell why Tyler dislikes him.

Which is weird, since opposites attract. Tyler didn't really like physics all that much, either. It never really made much sense.

Matt still annoyed him.

Edited by Astrodeath311

Ansgar's test had been... interesting.

A giant slime-ball had oozed out of the corner of the arena, moving to sit in the middle.

"Are we serious right now? I don't wanna kill this." Ansgar pointed, turning to the Seer. Of course, she had already vanished after ensuring the test would begin without hitches.

Sighing, Ansgar turned and crossed his arms. What was the deal here? It was a giant slime-ball right? Should be superconductive.

He blasted it with electricity.

Nothing.

He stared at it for a moment, confused. Then he shot it again. The slime-ball shook slightly and then returned to its original, bubbly state.

"The hell?" Ansgar asked, hands on his hips. "Well then what can I do to you, little slime-beast?"

He walked up to it and attempted to punch it. Sure enough, he got stuck in it and began to be absorbed. Soon, he was trapped within it, and this was something that he just could not stand.

He was VERY against not being able to move. He needed to do so.

So, for two days, he charged up all of the energy in his body, not sleeping, simply growing in electrical charge. He wanted to get OUT.

By the end of it, he exploded the energy outward.

Slime went everywhere, but it left behind one single, still sentient piece of it, which oozed toward him. He picked it up and smiled.

"Hey Volt." he said, turning. "You got yourself a new buddy."

"YES!" Volt said, leaping down to meet the newcomer.

((Idk why... but that seems very... subpar... *shrugs* Maybe it's just me, but whatever... where did everyone else go?))

Matt awoke ready to go. When he found out testing was today he got ready to go. He was fighting some sort of panther looking thing, no problem. He made multiple shadows and sent them at it. The panther swatted them all away running directly at him. Matt shadow teleported behind it only to see that it had tracked him even through the shadows. A long andy ruling battle occurred leaving matt barely victorious as the beast disappeared after a final shadow spike pierced its body. Matt was way too tired and didn't feel like doing much else fighting wise. He went to the bath house knocking to make sure that no one who would hit him was in there. Discarding his dirty clotheing to the side he set a towel and his new clothes nearby. He slowly sank into the bath letting the warm water relax all of his sore muscles.

(On IPod will post ace when get to real computer)

(( I apologize but I suppose I should have waited to post until I wasn't tired from just waking up. My head isn't in roleplaying today, I guess. I feel really light-headed.

If I post today at all it'll be something worse than usual so I'm just going to wait til tomorrow. I apologize.

I wanted to start my own RP today as well... Rise of Royalty is going to be postponed. ))

Roxy chuckled as Nikki talked about how tired she was, "So what did you fight? Rock Lobster? A scarecrow with a slingshot?" She was joking of course, the Seer never had thim fight stupid monsters. Well, there was of course the giant bug she had to fight. Roxy smiled and closed her eyes, her hair and, surprisingly, her toenails shifted to a bright orange. The hot springs sounded wonderful, 'Hell yeah I want to go relax in a giant hot tub", she replied, "I just need to swing by my room before we head out".

Roxy looked up at the sky again and bit her lip. She raised her head up and looked at Nikki, 'What do you think the closest sector is to this system?", she asked, "I have been itching to go somewhere but I don't know where to go. All the startcharts in the library show different locations ". That was something else she gave up on. She knew that they were in the center of the universe, she could feel that for sure. What she didn't get was what was around them. It seemed that the cold void stretched on for millions of light years without coming across any others stars or planets. Considering that Roxy only traveled a few hundred light years in either direction meant that she didn't really look very hard.

The Great Star shone high in the sky. Tyler was in his bed, catching up on some much needed rest. He'd honed his senses, but the Seer's experience and powers were still no match for his. However, he'd taken to modifying his pistols in his spare time while the Star had set and the Seer relented. It was kind of terrifying, but after six months of the same thing, your body really just gets used to it. She'd said that it would make us into Gods. Tyler still didn't feel like one. Mostly he just felt like someone who'd had every nerve in their body mercilessly stimulated. Like clockwork.

Tyler sighed. His eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the light that filtered in high above in the rafters. The same thing greeted him when he awoke, red walls and a grey ceiling. The entire room had been bent to his will, back when the boy Ace thought he lived there. Thinking about it still made him chuckle. Tyler had dressed himself and left.

That had been... four days ago? Tyler knew that Ansgar's test had drug on four two days. But there had nothing to indicate what would happen if Tyler had he been unable to defeat it.

So, he tried new and innovative ways to defeat his Test. He'd tried shooting it. Didn't work, his bullets were simply absorbed by the creature. He'd tried crushing it, piercing it, everything was eaten. It had started to wear him out. It was basically what the Seer had done to him.

Except this can be beaten. It was hard, granted, but it could be done.

The Test had an exploitable weakness. It had to. Otherwise it wouldn't be a test. It would be a death sentence.

So he thought outside the box. He thought about what it had done so far. And what it hadn't done. Tyler's thoughts drifted lazily toward his last actual bullet. He'd saved it for so long. It was... it was his last keepsake of his old life, before it had happened. Before he had to leave, and before Passer was taken from him.

His last bullet...

He chambered it, and fired.

[basically, the bullet killed his Test and he goes back to his bed and rests. Sleep deprivation ain't no thing to scoff at.]

((Yeah, pretty much. I'll try and get a post in this evening after we're done with work.))

Ace was woken rudely by some giant frog like creature throwing him with its tongue. He coated himself in poison and tried to get the frog to experience a very unmerciful pain though it seemed not to affect it at all.After hours of trying to kill this frog hehad finally managed to get acid into the beast, though its skin wouldn't burn from the acid he produced the insides of the frog indeed melted down killing the giant frog. After finishing his test he went outside and lay in the grass.

Ansgar emerged from under the bed, pleased. He had been waiting under there for a long time for a chance like this.

He took his hand and energized it, placing it on the bed Tyler was on, sending a light current through it.

"You've been asleep for a day now, Tyler." he said, bored. "It's time to get up, mate."

Tyler's first experience since the test, which came as little surprise to him, was pain. It was the one feeling he'd come to know well since his stay here. It was his constant companion, of that the Seer made sure. He awoke with a start, since electricity coursing through your body kind of does that to you. He turned toward Ansgar with a glare. The same glare that Tyler shot at Ansgar whenever the boy did something that displeased him.

"You know, it's rude to wake people up when they're sleeping. Even if you're a god. Although I know you never really gave a damn about what other people expected of you. Especially what I expected of you, boy." Then he shook his head and threw himself back down onto the pillow. A whole day, huh? He stared at the stone above him. It stared back at him; this image had sort of seared its way into his skull. Every day, ever since he'd moved into this room, was the same grey stone. He could change it, if he'd wanted to. Not that he really felt like it.

The sun was almost up. Now that Tyler was awake, he and Ansgar would best get ready for the dawn of the Seer's onslaught. He sighed. Every day was the same thing. But for the first time since he'd arrived, he felt ready to tackle the new day. This was a new feeling. It was like something had finally dawned on him. Everything that he had done led up to this. It was what he was meant to do; what he was born to do. He was a god, and needed to start living up to the name. His brain started to churn with ideas he could do to defeat the Seer. They were unlikely to succeed, but it was always a good idea to think about something really hard until a solution finally works.

He walked over to his dresser. Opening one of the drawers, Tyler selected a black t-shirt which he'd basically been wearing for the Seer's fights. They were simple to Meld back together when she destroyed them; and after the end of each of the fights they often were. It was rare to come out of a battle with your clothes intact. Although for Tyler, it was a triviality. He tossed the shirt onto his bed and then closed the drawer. A basic and loose-fitting pair of trousers was disengorged from the dresser next. These too were easy to repair after fights, although more complicated than a shirt. Some socks were acquired and then his shoes were equipped. So far, he'd dressed quickly enough. Although, he'd been pushing himself lately. To be quicker in things, like Ansgar. Even though Tyler was more of the person to stand back and examine the situation; it was one of the things he admired in Ansgar. That boy could and would conquer anything he laid his eyes on. Tyler chuckled. Even though they had an improbable start to their friendship, it had matured well. He never really could quite forget how they met. That same sign still hung on the wall, reading the same message ever since it had been created.

A thought that Tyler never wanted to have again crossed his mind. Passer. The planet he'd came from. And before it was ripped away from him before his eyes, he lived there. Ever since then, he'd been a wanderer. A rogue, looking for the next payday. Even here, he found himself falling back into old habits of theft and lying. Old addictions die hard. However, now was not a good time to look into the past. The Seer would be arriving soon.

As soon as Ace finished his test, Roxy was on her feet, "Hell yeah! training is over!", she yelled, the call echoed through the stadium. She picked up her vest and threw it over her shoulder. That meant that she was able to do whatever she wanted till the next day. The Seer would not be popping in to break her pelvis or turn her back into a five year old. She could just relax in the hot springs with Nikki and only be bothered by the other super powered freaks that inhabit one small corner of this vast world of Lar.

Roxy stretched her arms over her head and her spine popped with quick succession down her back. She spun on her heel and faced her friend that was sitting next to her, " come along, Juvo", she said to the metal bender, "Lets go relax in some soup". She reduced her density and rose of the ground a few feet, 'I'll race ya there", she said. That was a bit of a running joke with her and anyone else. Considering she could appear at a destination in an instant, she was imposable to race. She winked and vanished.

Moments later, for the sake of censorship, Roxy was lounging in the delightfully hot water of the hot springs. The great star was beginning it's final decent towards the horizon. The cooling air meant that the area around the springs were choked with steam She honestly liked the springs better than the bathhouse. Something about being outside was peaceful. Her infamosa were finally completely visible. The curved purple bars radiating from the base of her neck to the small of her back made her look like she had perfect wifi signal. The curvy lines that surrounded the bars wove in and out of each other with artistic precision. Each mark had a story. If anyone was from her comet they would be able to read what she had done.

Roxous Loacut laid on her stomach with a face of stone as the artist hammered a new set of infamosa into the flesh of her back. Young Roxous, being fifteen at this point, was far too used the the sting of the infamosa's process. She was getting this one for slamming her newest trainer into the ceiling of the temple. It was his fault, he decided to grab a handful of her ass while she was taking a drink of water. So she reversed gravity and almost killed the man from both falls. The up side was that she learned that she could reverse gravity. Roxous yawned with exaggerated enthusiasm, "We almost finished here? I still have to make it back to my room so I can be censorkip.gif*ed at by Priestess Avis", she groaned.

Sure enough, The old woman was standing at her balcony, just as she guessed. The ancient Priestess was mostly skin and bones, not believing in substance pleasure such as eating will do that to a woman. Her hair had long lost it's ability to shift colors and her liberty spikes lost their luster. Her hair now hung it thin, brown dreadlocks. Priestess Avis turned and had a very sour look on her face. Roxy rolled her eyes and sat down on the bed. They had been in this position many times before. She always sat on the bed while Avis lectured her from across the room. Lately it had been becasue Roxy had gained more control over her powers and she was scared that she was going to be thrown out the window. Roxy crossed her legs and arms and waited for the woman to chew her out.

Roxy was interrupted by the sound of splashing water on the opposite end of the pool. She assumed that it was one of the lizard people coming to warm up. She sighed and laid her head against the rock she was sitting against.

Edited by padfoot

Matt was finally clean as he got out of the bath he had taken and got dressed, much more relaxed now. He Walked into the kitchen of the cathedral and began to look around for stuff to make. He had found some nice chicken in the freezer, Setting it out on a paper towel to thaw out he grabbed a box of brownie mix. He mixed in all the ingredients needed and put his brownies into the oven to bake. He sat on the counter besides the stove and looked up at the ceiling, even with all these people here there is barely anyone to speak to i guess i either weird them out or scare them but thats not necessarily bad.

Nikki nodded when Roxy suggested they take their leave, but sighed when she suggested the race. There was no way Nikki would ever be able to beat Roxy, not with her being capable of collapsing space and essentially teleporting to the exact location she wished to go.

Still, she wasn't going to walk there either, that was too far of a walk to make and be there at a reasonable time. So, after leaving the stadium, Nikki flung herself through the air like a missile, associating piston like devices to both slow her descent and fling her through the air again until she came to a gentle land just outside the springs.

After disrobing and rinsing herself off, she looked out to the spring and smirked. Sinking down into the ground, a trait she learned she could do in the recent months, she positioned herself just behind her friend and extended her hands out from the side of the walls and groped the girl, popping out shortly after.

"Surprise! Have you gotten bigger?"

Nikki smirked and transitioned into the spring, relaxing next to her friend after she had settled down. Of course, she was ready to either be drowned or attacked in some sort of fashion and held up her arms in a mock defensive stance.

"You are no match for my kung fu, for I am your master young padawan. Wait, I feel like I'm mixing different things together."

Edited by zakku_uchiha

(anyone else would just immediately get hit with 3 thousand pounds of roxy fist xd.png i wonder what will happen to the only other girl R.I.P Nikki)

Roxy panicked when she felt someone's cold fingers play up the sides of her ribs. She shrieked , her hair changing rapidly to a bright yellow and she rushed forward to deeper water. She turned around immediately sank neck deep in the water again when she saw it was her friend. Roxy's face as well as her hair swelled to a embarrassed shade of pink, "Well yes actually I have", she muttered as she drew closer. She rested beside her metal bending friend, "Not cool Nikki", she said, reversing gravity below the girl so the water dumped over her head, "Think we're even now", she said with a smirk. She allowed herself to relax again. She had been thinking of home before Nikki had shown up. IT was strange since it had been a while since she had done that, "Hey Nikki? Have you ever thought of going home?", she asked. She regretted it a second later. She of all people should not be asking about the past. Considering in the six months she had been there, she had never said anything more than, "My name is Roxy Locus. I'm from Phang". No one even knew her real name. She shook her head, "Never mind, that was kinda stupid to ask.", she recovered, "Its pretty great here". She peered through the steam and could just barely make out the colorful sky that came with the setting sun. She laughed at her reference but not because it was funny, "I have no idea what any of that means", she said, shaking her head, "I assume thats funny where your from".

(((Six months ago she would have. I'm trying to make, "Not a censorkip.gif*" part of her character development)))

Edited by padfoot

"Nice selection." Ansgar said. He padded over to the drawer, curious. "I didn't bring much more than what I'm wearing now. I think of it as my personal outfit. I can't stand the censorkip.gif they gave us to wear otherwise. Too restraining. Where'd you get the t-shirts?"

He opened the window further. Ever since the repairs, the window had been a glorious new addition. Of course, Tyler had assisted in the repairs himself. The result had been much greater and far less rustic surroundings.

There was even something akin to internet, though it only connected the godlings together. Ansgar had created that using some materials and his own energy. Then again, most of the godlings could just run to each other in a matter of seconds anyway.

There was the Xbox Millenium on the table, something that Tyler had made and Ansgar had been confused about. He'd heard tell of the old companies that had once held the world in thrall using monopolies and economic benefits. However, the thing itself was awesome.

"You up for some more gaming before we head out?" Ansgar asked, grabbing one of the virtual reality glasses. "I've been waiting for a second player."

Nikki waited until the water stopped dripping from her hair before smiling and looking up into the sky. Sure, she had thought about home in the past months, but this place and the people she had met had become much more a part of her than where she had come from. It was a strange, yet nostalgic feeling, really.

"I've thought about returning to see the people who raised me into the person I've become, but at the same time I no longer consider that place my home. After all, home is where the heart is, right? And that's how I feel about this place. Yeah, it was tough having to deal with the Seer waking me up with some sort of fist, kick, or some other type of attack that threatened to break my bones."

Sliding beside Roxy, Nikki wrapped an arm around her shoulders and buried her head into her friend's shoulder.

"If something makes you feel uncomfortable to talk about, it isn't a place that you would call a home. I don't care where you were raised, if you are happy here then this place is your home and we are your family. Sure, we got our weirdos, are hyper ones, our quiet ones, and our plain ones, but we are still your family. Besides, who else would you trust more in this universe aside from me?"

Sitting up straight, Nikki rested her head against the same rock and sank down into the springs. It was so relaxing and she could just feel every sore spot and bruise being whisked away by the warm water. Six months of forty hour days she had been on this world, that was almost the equivalent to a year in S.E.T. (Standard Earth Time). So, does that mean she was a year older now or did she still have to wait a full rotation of this planet to be considered a year older? Mentally shrugging, she looked over at Roxy and smiled.

Tyler's eyebrow rose at Ansgar's question. It was a rather obvious answer.

"I Melded them. Why? You want some new clothes?" He chuckled at the boy, then shook his head. A stack of pink t-shirts appeared on the table, and purple jeans next to them. Then, he decided against the color. The color turned from pink to a beautiful dark red, and the jeans became black. Then the boy asked him if he wanted to play games.

"I don't really play games. But, seeing as it's a lazy day... I guess I could play a bit with you." He shook his head, then walked to the window. The sun was blazing in the sky now, which was queer. It was rare to be able to see and study it in detail.

He walked back to the couch and sat down after picking up the headset. It was a queer invention, though not unexpected. However, what it was doing here was beyond him.

Tyler put on the headset and waited for Ansgar.

Ace had seen the two girls run off and chuckled "being the only two girls out of the group definitely made them close though all of us have grown at least somewhat closer i guess it has been a long time." He mumbled to himself as he stood from the grass. He had gotten closer to Matt, he tried to get closer to the metal girl but figured he probably would end up in a fight with her which he didn't want to do. He had started on the wrong foot with ansgar so he has been trying not to get any worse with him. He didn't mind Tyler he seemed easy going but he wasn't sure what to do with most of them, didn't know what to say.

Matt finished with the brownies he was making and cut them, there was plenty for multiple people. He felt for shadows and found out that Roxy and Nikki were either in water or mostly under ground as only there head's shadow was on the ground. He felt Tyler and Ansgar's shadow in Ansgars room so he used two shadows he created that were solid and had a nice mass to them and he had them go to the two boys. One carried the two plates of brownies as the other knocked. He knew that Tyler didn't like him, he always acted funny around him. The shadows would wait at the door patiently as Mat didn't want to show up himself and cause Tyler any discomfort.

(nothing special about them and its just an offer just send shadows away if don't want the brownies)