Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

[Nikki should take a jar of dirt up there with her and have her hand in it. Plus, Ansgar would probably ground it for you.]

(((I...don't think thats how electricity gets grounded)))

Roxy shrugged when she went through to dynamics of how they all came to be. It didn't really matter to her how it happened. Her mother was back on Phang, well she was. Roxy ran her hand through her hair, "well I kinda don't feel anything for any of the guys here. I feel like there are more important things to be focusing on. Like learning that I'm a god or getting better with my powers." She straightened out her shirt and held her ground when her friend came provocatively closer and closer. The base of her mohawk tinted pink up until she pulled away, "you sure are acting strange," she said with a laugh.

She was slinging her bag over her shoulder when she felt the electric tingle Nikki asked about. She also could smell ionization in the air and practically hear him talking already, "Sparky is coming", she said, rolling her eyes. Sure enough, Ansgar appeared nearby and immediately asked Nikki on a tour. She narrowed her eyes when he began to talk like she wasn't there except to say that he was scared of her, "You better be," she said with a grin, "I don't have time to stick you in a vacuum." she looked away from the two and when she looked back, she wished that she had left sooner. He started giving everyone tails and talking about fetishes. She raised her hand and backed up a few paces, "Alright alright, I get the hint", she said, raising off the ground, "I'll catch up with you later Nikki", she said, gliding off towards the citadel.

Roxy pushed open the huge doors of the place she had been living for the past six months and walked into the great main hall and stretched her arms over her head, her shirt rode up and she felt a draft on her belly. She warped from the front door to right outside her room and opened the door. Inside was exactly as she left it, everything upside down and sideways. The floor was bare except a blue training mat on the floor and a few punching bags scattered around her practice area. The opposite wall was where her dresser and wardrobe sat seemingly glued to the wall. The wall to the right, the one with the windows, had her desk and book self. The fact that she didn't have many books was the only problem. On the ceiling was her bed and nightstand. A ornate rug was covering the floor. She hated waking up and stepping on cold stone floor with her bare feet. She jumped up and aimed her feet at the far wall. She fell towards the opposite wall and landed gently before her dresser. She muttered as she opened drawer after drawer. Finally after a while, she finally found a replacement bra crammed in the back of her drawer.

Now all nice and...supported, Roxy walked down one of the lower hallways, trying to find the kitchen. She had been living here for six months but she still constantly got lost. The ability to take shortcuts through subspace makes map making difficult. The strange part of the trip was that she was skipping on the ceiling. Finally, she turned a corner and was in the white and brightly lit kitchen. She flipped off the ceiling and touched down on the linoleum floor. She paced silently into the cabinet and looked for chips.

Edited by padfoot

"You speak as if I don't already know, young light bender."

I was leaning against the far wall of the room, staring out the window at the landscape beyond. With the Great Star beginning to fall and the various hues and shades of color streaking through the sky, it reminded me of how things had once been long ago. Calm, peaceful and without the need to worry about how things were going to change. Looking back at the boy, my face grew stern as I eyed him.

"Planets are beyond your limit, even after you awaken. They are just too massive for your ability to compensate. To create a planet would require you to meld a functioning core, the layers that build to its surface, and then the setting of the surface itself. A living planet would require trees, water, and the basic necessities to keep these things from disappearing. You would literally kill yourself in an attempt to recreate, or manifest, a world altogether. Do not try to go within a realm that is not meant for you to wander. Unless you feel it is absolutely necessary."

As I spoke to him, I had paced over to stand at the window, looking out at the scenery once more. Things had definitely changed here. Despite how lively it had been when the previous gods roamed this world, it had become a different sense of liveliness with this new generation. Looking back at the boy, I sneered at him and jabbed a finger in his chest.

"I also suggest, if you wish to sustain your time in this existence, that you refrain from ordering me to peer into the future. It is not your place to give me commands, especially when you haven't even ascended into a true god. Are we clear?"

Ansgar leapt backward, pushing Matt back as the metal spike protruded from the ground. He'd gotten used to this - but he just couldn't stay away from her.

Like a lightning rod, he always seemed to teleport to her or something. What was it? Why did he do it?

He honestly didn't know.

"That's fine, madame." Ansgar bowed, placing an electric rose atop the metal spike. "We can do something you wish to do instead! After all, how could I have thought of myself so immediately? What would you like to do, Nikki?"

He cocked his head slightly. What was it that kept drawing him to her? The slender form? The silver tongue? The awkward shyness that kept him wishing he could be a lightning barrier around her, keeping her away from anything that could ever cause her grief? Was it that she wasn't afraid to speak her mind?

Why was he thinking these things? These didn't seem friend-related..

Wait.

Ansgar immediately turned red, confused.

"Wait... Am I... In love with you?!" he asked, more of himself than her. "Wait wait wait! I don't even know what that IS!... Not that I've not wished to... BUT! It's... well that's kind of confusing but... HEY I'll accept it... I guess.. but I mean I should probably ensure that you're ok with it."

For once, he actually felt trepidation. He was slightly embarrassed and he was shaking all over. He hadn't considered this path.

---

Vikare the minotaur had spent the last few weeks meditating. As the Seer left him, saying she had to go speak to someone, he continued to ponder.

He had been talking to her for weeks now, discussing plans for the children. She revealed very little, if anything at all, and he didn't mind. It was her place, not his, to know the path the children would walk.

"Eh?"

Nikki tilted her head to the side when she believed she heard Ansgar say something about love. For a moment, he seemed to ramble about something, but that also let her actually comprehend what exactly it was he had said. Sure enough, the moment it registered to her what he had said, her entire face lit up and a thick wall of metal shot into the air.

"EHHH?! What are you talking about? L-l-l-love?! M-m-me?!"

Nikki slapped her cheeks and shook her head, all trying to take in everything that had just occurred. He loved her? Hadn't he said he didn't even know what it was? How could he say something like that if he didn't even know if that's how he truly felt?

At this point, her heart was racing and her body had grown hot, she couldn't even think straight anymore and all she wanted to do was hide. Yet, she couldn't even force her legs to move. It was like she was glued to this spot until she gave the boy an answer.

First, she needed to calm herself, try and regain her composure and think this through fully before even trying to give him an answer. Then, she had to prepare her own self mentally and emotionally. What did she think of him? Ever since they had first met six months ago, Nikki had always felt this strange attraction to him, but could never comprehend what it was exactly.

Twiddling her fingers together, and after a few minutes of deep thought,. Nikki lowered a section of the wall until Ansgar could barely see the top half of her face. She was still embarrassed and could feel the burning in her cheeks as she tried to look him in the eyes.

"You shouldn't say such stupid things, idiot. Especially when you don't even know how the girl feels.

Anyway, I think... I think...

I think you should figure out what it is you're actually feeling first. Confessing like that just isn't right. When you feel like you have a grasp on your own emotions, then... confess to me again and I will give you my answer.

Also!"

Nikki's face was stern as she was bringing up her last part and this time, she looking directly at Ansgar, a finger pointing directly at him and the wall lowered even further so he could see just below where her collarbone would be.

"Don't do it while I'm in the midst of bathing! It's embarrassing enough to be confessed to, but they you have to do it while I'm only in my underwear? You have no regard for a female's emotions, do you?"

With that, she sank into the ground and then shot back out like a rocket and floated through the air for a moment until gravity began to pull her back down. As she neared the ground, a piston like object began to form under her feet until she was almost ground level again and then shot her back up into the sky. This was one of her fastest methods of travel and it felt good to practically fly through the air like she was doing.

While she made her way back to the citadel, she had time to calm herself and think of what had just happened. It also made her a bit displeased that Roxy hadn't been there to support her in such a crucial moment. It felt like Roxy knew that was going to happen and just left Nikki in the dust.

Finally, she landed just outside the great doors and she was finally able to relax. The metal bands that had been around her body began to drop to the ground as she walked until she felt the air brush against the now exposed skin. Nikki realized she was still in just her undergarments and quickly replaced the bands before entering the building.

"Idiot! Roxy, I hate you!"

Even though there had been no witnesses, Nikki had still been embarrassed and was walking through the halls, face flushed. When she arrived at her room, she didn't waste no time entering and once again let the bands fall from her body until she was bare once again. Hopefully, Ansgar wouldn't find the clothes she had left at the spring, that would truly be embarrassing.

Matt had covered his ears as soon as love was mentioned. He did not want to know about this stuff. He immediately went back to a shadow in the kitchen and as he wasn't paying attention he tripped over roxy. He stumbled catching the counter with his gut before standing up straight again. He pulled the second batch of brownies out of the oven before they burnt. He looked over at roxy and nodded a greeting. He didn't know why but he always seemed to find her. then again he was almost always training wlone on the hill or in the kitchen making food which helped him stay relaxed. He cut the brownies this batch made a total of 24 brownies without them being tiny. He wasn't really good at making friends but he figured that roxy was there why not ask her something maybe get her talking about anything really. He let go a quiet sigh "hey roxy, you getting used to it here?" He knew he should just be quiet but he got lonely talking to shadows and he wanted to try and talk to another flesh and blood being.

Ace had found Vikare and walked quietly up to him. He wasn't sure what he was going to do but for now he just sat leaning against the miniature leg. He knew that the Minotaur could crush him but he wasn't worried due to the fact that as long as you don't hurt him he would mangle you. Ace had acid drip off his hands to start eating a hole in the planet.

"Yes, Seer. ...I guess that makes sense. I never really thought about it that much, and obviously never tried." An idea blossomed like a flower in Tyler's mind. "Can I renew dying worlds? Ones that are doomed, but already have the necessities. And if you know so much, then why don't you just tell me? Or is that for when I Ascend?"

Tyler stood and walked over to the window. The setting sun was beautiful on this planet. The Seer knew so much. Sometimes, he wished he could just get a peek at all of her knowledge.

But that was impossible. He sighed, looking at the sun longingly. The light from the sun had been his best friend on this planet, its rays gave him strength. And also gave his power form. It was his best companion, even Ansgar could not stand to the might of a sun.

"I guess you know what happened to Passer. My home-world. How planet-eaters had devoured it as a passing snack, without so much as a thought to it. It's a shame how something so beautiful could be destroyed so easily. Isn't it?" What was Tyler thinking? Of course she knew. She knew damn near everything; possibly even everything there is to know. She got to control time; look into the past and the future. All Tyler wanted was an easy conscience.

"Could I have saved it?" A simple question, but one that had impossible implications. All those people, gone in a flash; if he knew he could have saved it and did not, who knows what would happen. As the sun set on the world, Tyler could not help but feel lonely. Even with all the people on this planet, there was none who could truly understand what was happening to him. None of them had their planets brutally ripped away from them.

He sighed. The past was the past. The Seer could understand that. You can't change what already happened. But with the greatest darkness, there shall always be a dawn. That simple principle had kept him going through the days after Passer's Fall. The explosion itself was beautiful, imagine thousands of joules of energy ripping through space. And then place yourself in the same system as it. And then imagine soul-rending agony as you realize your last bastion in the universe was gone. Gone, forever.

"I guess it's kind of silly, but I had this small hope hidden deep within my mind. The hope that I could recreate Passer. In all its glory, and then just live there like I did when I was fifteen. It was glorious there. And don't hit me for being a foolish man. It was a boys dream, right after it was destroyed. I thought I could remake it."

He stood there for a moment longer, then turned back and laid on his bed. A last relic of a dead planet. And a relic that didn't even survive. A brown blanket overlaid on a white cover. And a dip in the middle of the bed that sucked your butt in. It wasn't the best bed in the world, but it had served him faithfully for all those years of tossing himself down onto it after a long day of work to buy a spaceship.

His siblings and parents were on Passer when it met its end. That's part of the reason it had pained him so deeply. It wasn't their time; they were only there because Tyler insisted on it. Would have been a great reunion. A sudden thought crossed his mind; was he responsible for their death? Did he cause it, on this insistence of something stupid? The pain came rushing back to him, all at once. His heart was caught in death's grip, with his scythe at the ready. He could not help himself but cry. And then he forced himself to stop. He'd not show weakness in front of his greatest adversary.

"And you. You've lost something dear to you as well. I can sense it. A great burden that you carry on your shoulders." He paused for the slightest of moments.

"It wasn't your fault. It couldn't have been."

It was a foolish thing to throw a monkey wrench of emotion at a God that was immensely more power than he was, but Tyler didn't care. They were siblings in this, the great pain that comes with great loss. Nobody could truly understand what it felt like, not until you've had everything dear tore away from you.

[by the way, world-eaters are basically things that cause a planet's core to overload and then feed on the residual energy; selling it on the black market. (Oh, and the Seer doesn't get to -show up-. She basically pauses time and then goes where she wants to go, right? There's still Tyler's brick wall in the way.)]

Ansgar sat for a long while in stark silence. What was he supposed to say to that? What was he supposed to do? He placed his hands on his face and smiled weakly.

"I didn't.... I didn't think about anything again." he said finally, grinning like he wasn't happy at all. "I didn't let her emotions be more important than my stupidity. I didn't think about how she felt. I didn't......"

He fell to the ground, deeply wounded, more than the Seer could ever have hurt him. For once, he wanted her to beat the hell out of him, perhaps beat this foolishness out of his head and out of his heart. Why was he such an oblivious boy? The Seer had said it was good to be so oblivious but why?

And also, this was the first time anything had hurt him so deeply. Why did it hurt him so much?

He had nothing to base love off of. His parents hadn't loved each other, they had just been genetically suitable for each other. That was how things were done on Olimpus. That's how they'd always been. Love was a distraction for the children and the adults. It was something that was frowned upon.

But here... he felt it. He knew it was. He was going to tell her. Now. Forget everything that had just happened. He wanted to hold her and he was going to. He was going to apologize.

Resolve deep inside of him took control of the fear and embarrassment. He stood to his full height, smiling again like usual. It was then that he noticed the attire.

She had left her clothes.... So that was it.

"Sorry, Matt." Ansgar said. "See ya!"

He grabbed her clothing from the ground, taking care to fold it back to suitable conditions. He then blasted away in a spark of lightning, riding the conduits in the air. He needed to find Nikki. It wasn't that hard.

He always felt pulled to her. He didn't know why at the time but somehow every time he teleported he was always closer to her. He couldn't stop it. He had to will himself to teleport to someone else just to prevent it somewhat. But still, if there was an invisible line between his target destination and Nikki, he'd always be in the middle of it.

She could manipulate him power-wise and he didn't care. He wanted to be a weapon for her. After all this time, he had finally found someone he'd be willing to become nothing more than a weapon for. Something he actually wanted to save the world for. He hadn't cared before if he died. In fact, it was an experience he was willing to try.

But if he died, he wouldn't get to see her again. The very thought filled him with fear and anxiety for a while as he leapt through the air. If he died, he wouldn't get to tell her he loved her. He wouldn't get to hug her and protect her. He wouldn't get to...

Well he didn't really know what went beyond that. To be honest, he had no idea how people REALLY made love. This was because on his planet it was done through science, not through natural reproduction. He couldn't have known.

But, that also meant he didn't care about that. He jumped further and further, pushed on by only his desire to see her.

When he finally landed outside the cathedral, only to see her run in, he wasted no time chasing her down. He called her name several times but felt that she wasn't hearing him.

"LISTEN TO ME!" Ansgar pleaded finally, outside of her door. "I'M SORRY! I... didn't consider what you could have thought. I didn't... I didn't think about anyone other than myself.... I was a dumbass again.. that's usual."

He held up her clothes to the door.

"I could just zap in, and hand these to you, but ... for once I don't feel like that'd be a good idea. I'll just... put... No. I won't put them down out here. I'm going to hold them. I want to see you again."

He stood there, stolid, like a sentinel. His military background was kicking in now. He would give her these, he would bow to her like he was meant to..

He held the clothes aloft with both hands, professional.

"Oh... yeah.. it's your clothes. Shoulda said that." he said weakly. "I didn't check them or anything so...."

Nikki cracked the door of her room, staring out at Ansgar for a moment before opening it further. By this point, she had put on a pair of loose fit pants and a loose fitting spaghetti-strapped top. Her gray hair, which was still kept rather short, was pulled back into a small ponytail, held by an intricately designed metal band. Face still flushed, she stared at the electric boy sternly for quite a moment before finally speaking.

"Idiot. You see me every day and yet you say something like that?"

Securing her clothes from Ansgar's hands, she stepped back and let out a sigh then motioned for Ansgar to step in. Of course, by this point, she refrained from even looking him in the face.

"It's nothing fancy and doesn't even look like a girl's room, but come in and take a seat and don't let your electricity run wild."

------

((If you think a wall is enough to stop the Seer from entering and exiting whichever room she feels, you are sadly mistaken, but yes... that's pretty much how the Seer travels about.))

((I'll get her post in shortly, about to go eat lunch.))

Roxy was waist deep in the pantry's shelves searching for something to snack on when she heard Nikki scream from the entrance hall. She whacked her head on the upper shelf in surprise, “Ow! censorkip.gif! Nikki!”, Her yell was muffled by the crinkle of chip bags and the stone walls. She backed out and was immediately hit by Matt walking by. She whacked her head on the top shelf again and that changed her hair from green to red. She backed out and rubbed the back of her head, “When it rains it pours I suppose”, she muttered after she felt the small welt forming. IT didn’t matter much anyway. No one here stayed hurt for very long. She was more concerned about what Nikki screamed. Did she say that she hated her? Roxy wondered what happened after she left that was so bad

right now she was in the kitchen with Matt. For all She knew he could have been there the whole time and they didn’t hear each other. Who knows with Matt. He was one of the many people around here that could teleport at will. That meant that privacy was rare and surprises were plenty. She couldn’t complain though, she was one of the ghosts after all. She stopped chewing on her pretzel when he asked her about living in the citadel, “Well, used to it is a stretch. I am comfortable here though”, she said with a shrug, “I’m used to living in a bunch of weird places though.” Being a drifter before she settled down here meant that she has slept in captain's beds on military cruisers and shuttle stop benches. In other words,Roxy was used to being uncomfortable.

She couldn’t help but feel bad for the shadow shifter. Everyone else here had paired up with another god. With Ansgar and Tyler’s strange chemistry and being roommates meant that they were basically best friends. As well as Herself and Nikki, being the only ones from Venus and their shared interests in physics. Ace was a bit of a loner and Luke had vanished after the first month. Matt just sorta, faded into the background in most situations. Guess thats why he always appeared without warning and trained alone. Roxy didn’t pity him though. She has the same feeling every time she traveled in the void of space.

The smell of the substance that the others called ‘Chocolate’ filled the kitchen as Matt pulled out a tray of molten brown cakes. She drew closer as he began to slice them up into pieces. When he turned away, Roxy caused one of the cakes to rise into the air and she snatched it up when it cleared the tray. She took a bite and could not help but make a yummy sound. The flavor and texture was amazing. She brushed a crumb from the corner of her mouth, “Damn boy you can bake”, she said around her treat. The bet that Nikki would like one of these….these, “Hey, what are these anyway?”, she asked, “And where do they come from?” She figured it was a good that came from Matt’s home planet. that made her realize that she had no idea where it was.

Edited by padfoot

"Tsundere." Ansgar whispered bluntly. He didn't know why he said it but he did. That word was there. For some reason it felt REALLY APPLICABLE. He wondered why.

He stepped into her room, as if he hadn't been there before. He'd accidentally teleported into the wall once.

Without another word, he sat down upon the bed, completely relaxed and casual. He didn't really understand if he should be embarrassed or not so he decided not to be.

"Welp, this is great." he said suddenly. "I could sit here all day. Yes ma'am. I am now your loyal squire. I would do anything to see you happy."

Matt muttered a softly spoken "sorry Roxy i didn't mean to startle you." He smiled at her coment of how she was comfortable here, He didn't really know what he thought of it here, i guess it wasn't too bad. Though it was lonely here he was used to it of course he scared most people away from him on his birth planet and on his secondary planet he had called home as well. He Had turned away to get plates when he heard the sounds of a satisfied mouth behind him. He couldn't help but let out a chuckle as he knew she had just eaten one of the brownies he made. He smiled as he looked over at the satisfied female god. He shrugged "we just simply called them brownies due to the color though i have always wanted to name them something else, they are even better in my opinion if you put them on popped corn and let them melt on it. Thank you, all i have ever done is baked, being able to pop out of the shadows and having shadows animate themselves around me without me even knowing drove people away . my powers and my baking is all i have ever had until i have come here, here i can make friends hopefully. As far as where they come from i heard they were from a long gone planet named earth or maybe it still prospers? i don't know i haven't searched for it. they have been passed down generation to generation and i found a recipe for them online though i did make them a little sweeter than normal this time to see if they were better sweeter or the way they were." He was smiling brightly his eyes brightened with happiness and pride as his brownies earned him some nice attention, he was glad that she was talking to him though in all honesty he didn't know how to keep a conversation going very well. He looked over at roxy and rubbed the back of his head "I've been thinking, thugh we have been here a long time we only know minimal about eachother and I mean all of us not just one. Maybe we could set up a few rooms and have some sort of get together? Just to get to know everyone like I bet your the only one that knows that I cook for a hobby, besides it would be fun. I will cook things up, we could all talk and mess around. Well you guys could ill be in here cooking besides Tyler doesn't like me in the same room as him but at least I would be able to hear the conversations. That's all I really want its weird having to hear about people from their shadows I'd like to hear things from people for a change other then get out or how much I creep them out or what I'm doing wrong." He sighed softly but smiled "at least I can talk to you somewhat, you understand what it is like to be alone, you have suffered it before but then again you don't like people too much do you?" He wasn't sure why he asked but to him it seemed like she prefers to be alone than around many people. He took a bite out of the brownie that he picked out of the tray.

Edited by voltage

Looking at the boy, I shrugged and returned my gaze out at the darkening sky. A sky I had seen for thousands upon thousands of years, yet I never tired of seeing it in all of its glory.

"That is something you'll need to discover for yourself one day. I can guide, I can direct, and I can scold, but in the end the decision you make is the one that determines your own future. From that point forward, all I can do is watch your line and end your time in this existence."

My face grew somber as I thought about my siblings, how I had to sever their own time from this place and how I had lost them all. It was my curse, to be given the ability of time. To have to separate life from their clocks and banish them from this existence. I was the sustainer of life, for where time existed so did life, but I was also the collector of death for when something's time ran out.

"Don't be discontent with what you can already do, everyone here has a grand purpose for this new era of the gods. In fact, my time with each of you will be coming to an end soon. Everything I have taught you will be put to the test as you are sent back out into the multiverse in order to reclaim the Throne of the Gods."

Suddenly, the young light bender mentioned he felt that I had lost something as well, something precious to me and that it hadn't been my fault. My eyes narrowed and began to glaze over as those thoughts began swelling in my mind once more. Looking at him, I stood straight from my leaning position, walked up to him, and grasped the collar of his shirt in my hand.

"Oh, but it was my fault, young light bender. Despite my warnings, I did nothing else to try and change the course of our history. It is because of me that the each of you are here, training to take back what we had lost, all because I ran away into my own realm when I could have done so much more. So, again I say, it was indeed my fault."

Tyler mulled over the Seer's words, then sighed. He did not flinch when she grabbed him by the color of his shirt, simply laid there and listened.

Then he spoke, "Believe me, Seer. I am not discontent with myself or my powers. I've only grown in strength ever since I've been here, the atmosphere is nurturing and the Great Star gives my creativity form. So do not mistake my words for discontentedness, for that is not how I feel at all. I simply wish to grow stronger, to avenge our fallen ancestors. To reclaim what is ours." He paused for a second, choosing carefully what words to say.

"As for it being your fault, I do not believe that at all. The Creator surely had a plan for you, and I believe that it is going to be far greater than saving your fallen brethren. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you to take them away. But take comfort in the fact that they are in the Creator's embrace."

He sat up on the bed, looking the Seer dead in the face as he spoke. She still carried with her a great burden, but Tyler could not fathom what it could possibly be.

He turned the conversation to a lighter note. Death and decay were better left for the morning, so that the light from the sun may cleanse the day.

"I will try to become stronger, Teacher. After all, it's the only thing that we can do. But do not mistake me for a boy like the other godlings. Even though they are coming up on the cusp of life now, does not mean that they will understand the greater implications. And this may sound silly, but if you ever feel the need to talk like this again, I am here. Please, don't hit me."

He let out a chuckle, then grasped his head in his hand. Oh, the tangled webs we weave.

Roxy leaned against the counter as he explained what brownies were and how hard his life had been. Which was strange considering that she only asked where he was from. Oh well, guess he is just lonely so she sat and listened. She was still listened to Matt when she thought of Nikki. She wanted to check to see what she was yelling about. She hoped that everything was alright. Roxy laughed when Matt finished, 'You talk to much, man", she said, shaking her head. He didn't even say where he was from.

Hr head snapped to the far end of the kitchen. She had felt something familiar out past the reaches of Lar's gravity. A smile spread across her face, "A ship?", she asked. As if to answer her, the feeling grew stronger. There was no doubt about it, there was a ship warping close to the system. Roxy looked from Matt to the spot on the wall back to Matt, "Uhhhhh....I hate to bail like this but, there is a ship up there", she said, pointing towards the ceiling, "Tell you what. I'll bring you back something cool if you go take one of your awesome baked good to Nikki's room. Think she is bummed". She was talking fast, almost as fast as Ansgar. If Matt couldn't already tell, Roxy was excited. If there was a ship outside the system it might belong to Fibb. Roxy winked at Matt and vanished.

Outside, she nulled gravity and propelled herself into the sky. She wrapped the atmosphere around herself like a cocoon. She would need a think shell too. Another wave of energy pulsed from where the ship was coming. Roxy leaned back and shifted her momentum away from the Point of Contact. Gracefully, she exited the atmosphere and entered orbit. Screaming around the planet at several time faster than the speed of light, she slingshot herself away from the great planet and out into space.

The ship entered the plain long before Roxy got to it's location. When it did come into sight, she frowned. IT was not Fibb's beaten up star cruiser. It was a Galactic Union patrol ship. She sighed and continued towards the ship, teleporting from sight as she got closer.

She jumped into the storage bay of the ship. Usually, unless she was looking for food or a place to sleep, she would just stop in the supply hold and hitch a ride. She wasn't trying to escape the planet so she was just going to raid. She made sort work of a few close by crates, shrinking down and stuffing things she liked into her pockets as well as a few things for her friends back home. Then she found the best crate of all. The crate full of military uniforms. She grinned and started grabbing cloths. She found a commanders jacket and threw it on. It was about six sizes too big and she loved it. She left it on as she rummaged through the other cloths.

"You are but a boy to me, having only spent two decades of life over my eons of existence. Do not claim you are above them when you are but an infant in my eyes. As for small talk and idle conversation, that is something better spent amongst yourselves than with me. As I have said before, your time with me will be coming to an end soon and you all will soon be facing even more difficult trials together. It is best if you strengthen your bonds while you have the time than to consider me a friend that you can speak casually with."

Releasing his shirt, I stared at the boy for a moment with glazed eyes and returned to my spot at the window. It was true that once they ascended, they would be forced back into the multiverse to begin their new trial as gods. My time with them was merely to train and guide as needed. Surely, things would continue down the path towards a safe future, but it was based on the choices they would make during a crucial moment.

"I pity yet admire how you each can live so freely despite the possibility of meeting a horrendous end. The only thing I can hope for is that my training paid off and you are able to make positive choices that will lead to a time of peace between man and ourselves. A word of advice, I suggest you tighten your relationship with the young shadow user, for one day the both of you will be dependent on the other in a time of need."

With that, I left the room for him to ponder on my words, returning to my dimension in time to ponder on my own thoughts. Surely, I have made the best possible choices that would lead to a peaceful realm, but it was not something I could control once they had left this place. It would fall into their hands and the only thing I could do was watch.

------

Nikki leaned against the wall opposite of Ansgar and stared at him blankly. How could he act so nonchalantly after confessing to her? Guess he truly was still just a kid inside that had barely come to understand his own emotions. Sighing, she collapsed the bed from underneath him, forming it into a small ball that now sat in the palm of her hand and began to toss it in the air.

"What would make me happy is if you could even slightly read the atmosphere you're creating. First, not even ten minutes ago, you confessed that you might have some sort of romantic feelings to me and now you're sitting in my room like it never even happened. Do you seriously believe I could give some serious thought on the situation in such a short amount of time? No! These things take a while, possibly even days, but you seem to think I can give you a direct answer in a span shorter than being able to cook a hot meal."

With reddened cheeks, Nikki averted her gaze from the electric user and smacked the wall with the metal ball in her hand. Things began to shift around, like clockwork until the entire room had rearranged itself. Due to several previous incidents, Nikki had created a sort of barrier that would prevent Ansgar from randomly teleporting into her room as he had done on several occasions. She hadn't appreciated it when he just suddenly appeared as she was changing out of her sparring clothes into some fresh ones. It was like he always had the worst timing. So, she developed a countermeasure. Using conductive metals and grounding them appropriately, rather than pass into her room he would merely pass around it. Even the door had been adjusted to prevent him from just passing though. Did he know that? Probably not at this moment.

"So, if you were only here to return my clothes, I appreciate it, but if you are seriously waiting for a reply then I'm gonna have to disappoint you. All I can say is I don't know at this moment and I need time to think."

"That's not what I meant," Tyler tried to say, but the Seer had already left. She was inconsiderate like that. And she was right, she was far older than any one of us. Hell, even if we took all our ages and combined them, she'd still win. He sighed. It was no use to argue with air. Tyler got out of bed and readjusted his shirt. The Seer's grip had mussed it. He walked over to the window and watched as the last bit of sun shone over the world. Then it was gone.

He realized Ansgar had been gone for quite some time now. Tyler shook his head, sighed, then brought down the brick wall. He left in search of the boy, mulling over what the Seer had said. No matter what happened, Matt and him would never get along. It wasn't in their nature; they were practically polar opposites. Matt relied on the shadows and Tyler the light. There was no option for an alliance. It wouldn't happen, in any universe. Not even if the Creator himself willed it!

He sighed again. The Creator could make it happen, for he who creates the universe also created the beings that lived within it. But that would violate free will.

Tyler walked around the Citadel, silent as a cat. He barely acknowledged those he came across, mostly being the Sprytes. It wasn't right of him, but he didn't feel like talking to anybody. The Seer had said their time together was coming to an end; already after six short months? Impossible. They weren't ready yet. He wondered if she had some hidden meaning behind her words, though the Seer had never been one for deception.

He paused outside of Nikki's room. There was a person talking inside, but he couldn't make out what it was. Tyler was never really one for eavesdropping, so he just leaned on a pillar opposite the door. He could tell that Ansgar was attracted to the girl, you could read it on his face. Tyler chuckled. The things one does for love. Even though he wasn't really sure who was inside. It might even be Roxy and Nikki. Though he doubted it.

Edited by Astrodeath311

Matt chuckled softly rubbing his neck "sorry, first person i got a chance to talk to." He saw her perk up and talk about a ship and he sighed realizing she might not come back, he had hope though he was sure that she would bring him back something before she left, she said she would. He remembered he had to give Nickie a brownie first though. He took a plat of brownies and he teleported into the shadow of her room in a corner. He saw Ansgar and her and they seemed to be in an argument. He blushed embarrassed about walking in so bad timed. He bowed slightly and cleared his throat. He offered the plate too Nikki "brownie? Roxy approved them and said i should give you one. She thinks you are bummed about something and brownies always help in times of sadness and confusion, at least for me they do."

"Why... does everyone... insist... on coming into my room... without my permission?!"

Nikki stomped on the ground and the room reverberated with such an intensity that a passing Spryte froze in her spot and began shaking nervously. A dark aura seemed to seep out of Nikki as she looked at the two that were in her room, her hands clenched into tight fists the metal walls reacting to her mood. Her body shaking, Nikki ground her teeth together before letting out an irritated huff.

"Everyone just leave. Me. ALONE!"

This time, Nikki pointed at Ansgar with an intensity that a section of the metal wall jabbed out in a similar fashion. Her face was red and her eyes were filled with irritation as she looked at Ansgar.

"Don't come near me! If I so much as see you, I'll... I'll... I'll ground you! You hear me?! I don't want to see any of you!"

With another stamp of her foot the room bulged out before compressing and ejecting the two young gods from her room. Returning to its previous form, Nikki set her bed back out and sat on it, curling into a seated fetal position with her arms wrapped around her legs and her chin resting on her knees. She wasn't really made, but Matt had come in at such a bad time. Nikki was currently mentally imbalanced and just needed time alone. Surely Roxy would understand how she felt. Sighing, Nikki fell over still cupped in the same position and dug her head deeper down between her legs. Tomorrow, she'd apologize to everyone, especially Ansgar. That was the first time she had ever yelled at anyone like that and he hadn't deserved such a lashing.

Edited by zakku_uchiha

Matt whimpered softly and shifted into a shadow mid air coming out in the kitchen. He didn't mean to barge in but he knew she wasn't alone so she wouldn't be changing. He put a new plate down in a shadow of nikki's room by her bed with a note that read I'm sorry Nikki i was told to give you a plate of brownies, well thats what i was told they are called. Roxy was worried so i wanted to give these to you and check in on you. i obviously know that you aren't in a good mood and i will let roxy know that way maybe she can help. I am really sorry. He had had a rough landing and he had to rub his shoulder as it was sore, he new he was in the wrong though. He hoped she would understand that he really was sorry and wouldn't hate him like tyler does. He sat on the counter and wondered if anyone knew any new recipe's he could try, he would ask the sprytes later but for now he just had to wait for roxy to come back to let her know that Nikki needed her.

Ansgar was about to reply that inside he was actually very flustered and concerned when Matt decided to ruin the moment.

When he got ejected, Ansgar pretty much expected it. However, he turned to Matt with eyes full of the ferocity of a storm brewing inside. His normal smile seemed very menacing in combination.

"Matt, no one wants your ****ing brownies shoved in their faces." Ansgar commented harshly, standing to his feet. "If they're hungry, they'll go to the damn kitchen."

With that, he stood up and began to stomp off, more furious at Nikki than Matt. How was he SUPPOSED to act when he did that? Why did she want him to? This is just how he was. It's how he'd always been. Frustrating.

No. He wouldn't leave the door. He turned, spinning on his heel. She was going to have to deal with him. That was it.

He headed back to the room and noticed Matt had left. Oh, so Ansgar didn't deserve a form of apology for that? He sighed. Perhaps in the right light it seemed Matt wasn't responsible for what happened - he was just an innocent catalyst. However, catalysts were Ansgar's specialty.

He leaned his back against the wall to the left of Nikki's door and sighed. Arrogant girl. Thoughtless girl. Beautiful girl. He had no capability to think ill of her for long. Though, he held grudges against her for a bit longer than most... Why could she get under his skin?

As had been stated before, Ansgar had been raised in an environment where being oblivious and nonchalant saved his life countless times. He had been forced to learn how to guard his emotions until he finally couldn't feel much but happiness and pleasure and shared them with others. This didn't mean he was HIDING his anger and sadness - no, he would show them. He actually had a hard time FEELING them though, which was one reason why he overreacted whenever he did.

But this was a different anger. This was one of shock, surprise, hurt, and regret. He sighed, then spoke.

"Nikki, I don't expect an answer today, tomorrow, or even next week. To be honest, I know I put you in a bad situation and it's completely understandable if you wanted to just blow up. Yeah, I was pissed. It's whatever." he shrugged. "But I know how I feel about this and about you already. I think that's a good start. Take all the time you need to think about it. Don't be afraid to tell me ...no..."

He had been ready to say that last part, he thought, but for some reason it came out weakly.

"If you want to talk, just say my name. I'll find you. Anything you need." he said, stepping away from the wall.

He flashed away, outside of the Cathedral, his mind brimming with thoughts and concerns.

"Who the hell are you?", a voice demanded from behind Roxy as she inspected some shelves covered in cool military stuff. She whirled around to face three men armed with Heartbreakers. The laser sighed danced across the front of her chest. The man with all the colorful badges spoke up, "How did you get on the ship. We did a full Bioscan on the interior of the ship.", she said with stern eyes, "Explain yourself before we arrest you for stowing away". Roxy smiled, and started pulling air towards herself, "Tell your higher ups you had a run in with the Phantom Hitchhiker", she said. An instant later, she was gone.

Since she knew where her home was, she was able to jump herself pretty close. She was kinda lucky she was caught. The guy in command would not pass her rumor around but the other crew would defiantly. Weeks in a metal can makes news travel pretty fast. Her hope with that stupid nickname would be that Fibb would hear about her and come looking again. She missed that man.

She streaked towards the citadel when she saw Ansgar kicking rocks outside. she altered her course and slammed into the ground a few hundred feet from the electric man. She pulled herself out of the hole she created and waved the the man, "OI! Sparkles. I got something for you", she yelled. As she was rummaging through the miniaturized treasures in her oversize coat's pockets, she collapsed the space between them so she could avoid walking. She popped a floppy standard issue hat on his head and smiled, "There. Now you look like you should be taken seriously when you talk", she teased. She knew it was small but it was the best she could do on a boring ol' Union ship. She had something small for almost everyone. Everyone but the Seer. She was hard to shop for.

Words cannot describe the sheer joy and amazement Ansgar developed when Roxy gave him such a glorious gift. In fact, if he hadn't remembered her personal space, he would have hugged her gladly.

"Oh thank you so much!" he said merrily, his entire attitude changing. "I was having a bad day and now this has completely changed it! Where'd you get this, though... Wait a second."

He took the hat off, inspecting it. He then checked the tag.

"....This... this is Olimpian." he said, awestruck. He hadn't read or heard the name in months. He'd avoided thinking about it.

"This is one of the cadet hats from a Scout cruiser... How close was it?" he asked sternly, immediately changing his tune. From how he was talking, something was definitely wrong.

Roxy adopted a look of confusion when Ansgar guessed what branch the hat came from, "Uh yeah. that's correct", she said, surprised. She pointed up into the sky, "Its about a lightyear outside of the sector". She bit her lip. She was having a bad feeling that Ansgar would ask her to take him up there. She was the goddess of space after all. She had just never been into the void with anyone else ever. The responsibility of someone else's life in an environment that can kill you just by being in it was just too much. Something was wrong though, she could hear it in his voice.