TJ09

2014-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Events like this kind of make me feel a little left out though...I don't have any buddies on this game, so it's hard to do events like this... I guess I'll send my full grown plants to those that mention that they'd like to have some, so it'll be good.

Snagged my two eggs already!

If you can, you could check out the IRC smile.gif Lots of friendly people on there!

No way. I wonder if there's a Rafflesia too? I hope I can find one, though I'd prefer growing and keeping it for myself ahah.

I had a Rafflesia last night - although none of my flowers have grown yet, and I've already had two from others, plus have lots of people to whom I want to send...

If we keep the garden as well as flowers we're sent this year, I hope we manage to get duplicates of our favorites, because those are also the ones you most want to send - although the mushrooms are cute, lol.

I think it says, on the garden page, that the flowers grow up between 2 and four hours, but you have to visit your garden 'between each stage'. How many stages are there? I keep checking my garden, which had its first seed planted last night (still a seedling) and it's annoying that it's taking so long. And the seeds don't seem to be appearing as often as they should.

LOVIN' the new hatchies!

ETA: I just got another seed, but when I tried to plant it, it just disappeared and I'm left with the same six seedlings I had before I tried planting.

I planted my first seed a little after midnight and I still don't have a flower yet... and I go back to the page every 15 min or so when I get a new seed.

I wish some one would make a guide on how the flowers work... because it's a really fun event... except that it seems a lot of people don't really know how to make it work properly.

So I was code hunting, and I picked out a code that resembled owch. Then later today I slipped on ice. So I said the name of the code......

It's a cute event, but I'm afraid it falls into the bucket of Overthinking it a bit. The whole event is too much, too complicated. Flowers are too laborious to come by. I felt the charm of last year's event and the year before that really came from logging in, receiving pixel gifts, feeling loved, and passing the love on. It really felt like a wonderful world, all one community, celebrating each other. I worry the whole garden-growing setup makes it too laborious to send the love on.

So I was code hunting, and I picked out a code that resembled owch. Then later today I slipped on ice. So I said the name of the code......

that's kinda... I want to say cute... but at the same time I want to ask if you are ok?

I love the flower garden idea, I just wish we could place the seeds where we want so that I could keep track of what seeds were growing. I guess it's more of a surprise this way!

I have to admit that when I got a mushroom seed, I thought it might be a jelly bean or other joke seed instead.

that's kinda... I want to say cute... but at the same time I want to ask if you are ok?

I'm pretty sure I am...

I have to admit that when I got a mushroom seed, I thought it might be a jelly bean or other joke seed instead.

Right? Like... what the heck is a mushroom seed. xd.png

Now I know what if feels like to be view bombed. These eggs had plenty of days left and they are dead, not sure why. they did not get that many views, so I'm confuzzled on that. Luckily they were not valentines day dragons, those dragons are okay, just irritates me as I'm now locked until they are gone and I wasted incubates on them. ;(

Anyway, hope Valentines Day is going better then mine is.

Now I know what if feels like to be view bombed. These eggs had plenty of days left and they are dead, not sure why. they did not get that many views, so I'm confuzzled on that. Luckily they were not valentines day dragons, those dragons are okay, just irritates me as I'm now locked until they are gone and I wasted incubates on them. ;(

I'm so sorry to hear about your eggs!

Lucky that the Valentine Release runs 3 days, so at leat being locked for a day doesn't shut you out of collecting those!

I was wondering if the 'next stage' for the flowers perhaps isn't triggered by 'seed/planting' visits, and out of desperation am trying just checks, as well, to see if that helps grow some send-able plants.

Thought I'd mention, just in case that ctually helps.

Mods can't edit the first post because it's done with HTML to make the image work, and I don't know how much work it is for Teej to stick that stuff in after the event since I don't know how he works the posts. x3

And just so people aren't hunting TJ's head, I've cleaned out posts so the art post would be second for a bunch of events now. I just did it earlier this time than I usually do. I am sorry to the people whose posts get cleaned, but in the grand scheme of things, is a post saying "whoop!" really worth getting upset over losing?

There was a post where the art post was in like the middle of the first page and a bunch of people never even knew it existed until it was brought up in TLQ and someone asked why most other events seemed to have one than that one. If I could edit the posts without destroying them, I'd just add links to the art posts in them, but since that isn't possible...

~

I also just got a ??? seed. Interested to see what that turns into. o.o

I can understand the reasoning, it's just that it is a big thrill to be able to be the first or even on the first page after TJ has started a thread... I was really jazzed that I made it to the first page one time...

curious about the ??? seed myself as I also have one.

It looks like there is room for 91 seedlings. I think that I'll wait for a while before I gift any. I want to see how it looks... And it also looks like a brown snake in the upper right corner of the garden, an illusion I know, but still, cute...

hahaha, just thinking about that old Peter, Paul and Mary song from the 60's.

Inch by inch, row by row,

Gonna make this garden grow

All I need is a rake and a hoe

And a piece of fertile ground

A beautiful song IMO

Edited by Husky51

A Happy Valentine's Day and also merry seed harvest. Beautiful dragon eggs and just such plants.

Greetings Morgaina biggrin.gif

How long does the gardening event last? Is it just today?

(Sorry, this is probably a repeat question, but I looked and couldn't find the answer.)

Right? Like... what the heck is a mushroom seed. xd.png

They just called it a seed instead of a spore for ease, I imagine...

And the event is supposed to last a week and the Valentine eggs drop for three days...

Edited by Husky51

If they died of sickness you are not locked. That only happens when you kill them.

Everyone's saying how pretty the hatchies are and this makes me very curious! But I can't see them yet, I want to my own eggs hatch. x3 Managed to get two eggs, even be picky about the code. Though I was hoping for more Heartseeker dragons before the event was over, I only have one.

My first Valentine's event and it's pretty nice so far!

When I first saw the mushroom seed, I thought there was a glitch and only part of the sprite was showing. xd.png

I'm so sorry to hear about your eggs!

Lucky that the Valentine Release runs 3 days, so at leat being locked for a day doesn't shut you out of collecting those!

I was wondering if the 'next stage' for the flowers perhaps isn't triggered by 'seed/planting' visits, and out of desperation am trying just checks, as well, to see if that helps grow some send-able plants.

Thought I'd mention, just in case that ctually helps.

Ah, no problem, I have the release ones and they are sick as well, but they did not die, they have the force within them. wink.gif

The ones that did not survive were the ones that I caught yesterday which were released May 22-May 28th, but they weren't the ones I was wanting anyway.

Its no big thing, I'm happy I still have my two precious hatchlings and two eggs that some how survived while I was asleep. Well, now I know what I'm going to name them.