TJ09

2014-02-05 - Valentine's Day Event Info

I think I caught them all .. 5 right ? Mods .. I know you will read this unsure.gif There are 5 Valentine eggs right ?!?! xd.pngunsure.gif

So, are there no limits for these guys too? Because...that would be AWESOME!

I would have to adjust my plans... The new Valentine's dragons would probably still be limited 2, just like the New Christmas dragons.

Edited by Shokomon

I don't think my dream of getting a 2G Valentine from a Spriter Alt/Holly/Prize will be fulfilled on my first V-day breeding season. xd.png Oh well. There's always next year.

No, really! Do limits still apply to Valentine's dragons? I just bred my sweetling to test that, but I really don't want to lose it.

All limits lifted, hoard to your hearts content smile.gif

EDIT: For past valentine dragons, new release valentine = still 2 limit

Edited by lilacamy931

All limits lifted, hoard to your hearts content smile.gif

EDIT: For past valentine dragons, new release valentine = still 2 limit

Sweet!!! *goes to breed Valentine's dragons*

*sighs*

I still cant find a rosebud dragon though I did get 1 of each of the others..

user posted image

Edited by Avadakadrava

Okay, so I think that means I can get 2 of each then? I've got 1 of each old and they should hatch in 3 days, so then I can pick up another 5 of the old that will hopefully hatch in time for me to get the new ones? and hopefully those hatchlings will grow up and not lock my scroll.

Navigating the timing is so hard xd.png I had no idea what I was doing at christmas since I'd only been a member a week or so. Better luck this time!

You should be able to do it, with some planning.

The Valentine's eggs you have on your scroll now should hatch between about 10 pm and midnight Cave Time on Tuesday night. If you catch more eggs at that point, they'll need 3 days to hatch -- so they'd fill your scroll until at least Friday 10 pm-midnight, if you catch them right away.

Normally, the Valentine's eggs would only drop for one day, but this year, we've been told that we'll have a 3-day drop. Hurrah! This means that you won't have any trouble grabbing 2 of the new eggs, because you can catch them on Saturday or Sunday, after your second set of eggs hatches.

Another thing to consider is that a lot of players will wait and breed their Valentine's dragons ON Valentine's day. Rather than catching 5 AP Valentine's eggs on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, you may want to save a slot or two for trying to catch some pretty eggs on Valentine's Day, itself. Your choice!

Also, if this goes anything like Halloween did, people will probably be putting Valentine's dragons up for trade for several days after the holiday. So, even if you can't catch 2 of each, all is not lost -- you may be able to trade for them, after breeding has finished.

Also, be sure to check out the "Departures" thread and the "Even-Gen Trading and Gifting Thread" for possible free gift dragons. And definitely look at the Valentine's Lineage Aid thread; there are a lot of people there offering to breed their dragons to your choice of mate for you! Just PM them and ask if they would be willing to breed for you on Wednesday, or sometime after your scroll is free again.

Best of luck!

I'm hoping for a diamond dragon or something similar. We have cute Valentines, rose Valentines, chocolate Valentines, and sweet Valentines...time for something expensive and sexy suave.

It'd be a nice change from red and pink. Unless it's a pink diamond! (though I'm quite sure they don't exist.)

Nice to see my eggs gaining views from the fan sites when people are crowding the AP...

I always panic during these events. unsure.gif

Well, I hope I've gotten all the generations of Vday eggs now that I'm locked up for a few more days. Otherwise I may have to look on the forums for some people offering what I am missing.

Pink diamonds do exist. I'm thinking it'll be a male dragon for Valentine this year (going by it's been a F M rotation this far and last year was female) red would be nice but any shiny gemstone colour would be beautiful.

Locked at the moment with 3 sweetlings and 4 Heartseekers, but hoping to catch a few rosebuds and Valentine 09s when unlocked again.

I think I caught them all .. 5 right ? Mods .. I know you will read this unsure.gif There are 5 Valentine eggs right ?!?! xd.pngunsure.gif

Yes, 5 past Valentine dragons.

Pink diamonds do exist. I'm thinking it'll be a male dragon for Valentine this year (going by it's been a F M rotation this far and last year was female) red would be nice but any shiny gemstone colour would be beautiful.

Locked at the moment with 3 sweetlings and 4 Heartseekers, but hoping to catch a few rosebuds and Valentine 09s when unlocked again.

Pink diamonds are indeed beautiful!

image of pink diamond

Never been a fan of the color pink at all but if someone gives me a pink diamond then I won't complain. Seeings a Vday dragon based off of this gem would be totall'y awesome!

I'm locked for the next 11 hours. I have 3 Sweetlings, 2 Heartseekers, and 1 Rosebud. I'm tempted to abandon the Heartseeker I have up for trade so I could go hunting again.*Tries to resist*

I've caught one 2nd Gen Arsani and I traded for a 2nd Gen Heartseeker. I've been trying to catch a 2nd gen Rosebud with no luck haha.

Can't wait for this years Valentine's Day Dragon and the event. :3

Tomorrow I'll hopefully come home from school to a couple hatchies and, most importantly, an unlocked scroll. Yay! I get to breed my own pretties :3

I am trying to catch non messy lineages. i caught a messy lineage egg and i put it back and i have lucky enough to grab a better lineage one. i know withe the older holiday dragons it may be tricky to get a good lineage one. that aside thanks tj for the event. biggrin.gif

Thanks to an awesome user, I now have a 2nd Gen Rosebud yay~! I'm done hunting for now, until my other babies hatch. (:

I'm locked for the next 11 hours. I have 3 Sweetlings, 2 Heartseekers, and 1 Rosebud. I'm tempted to abandon the Heartseeker I have up for trade so I could go hunting again.*Tries to resist*

I think I have the same spread as you: 3 Sweetlings, 2 Heartseekers, 1 Arsani, and 1 Valentine.

All are 2nd Gens. 3 are possible mates for dragons already on my scroll. 4 are non-holidays dragons so I need to wait for the next holiday event to either see if they reject or to get a mate for it. 1 needs a metallic mate.

One of these holiday events, I will catch 2nd Gens that come from common, non-holiday, non-metallic mates.

I don't have a pair of CB Golds and it bites that the mates I need are 2nd Gen Golds from Holidays. Ugh.

EDIT: Just realized that my phlebotomy training will have me miss the first 3 hours of the new dragons. Hopefully it will be easy to catch the dragons by then.

Edited by Spyridon

My first valentine day event! Cannot wait for my first valentine dragon.>.<

Thanks everyone and TJ! Thanks for generous people who gift for me. xd.png

I was wondering whether the glitch of always producing the same breed as father when two different valentines meet has been fixed. I never saw a Rosebud from Heartseeker or a Val09 from Sweetling when the vice versa appear in AP. But I did see 2G Arsani from Heartseeker in trade thread.

I have the gift of "PB" valentine, I hope I can find a mate for them rolleyes.gif

Edited by SunSunSun

I have 2 Val 09 (1 to be frozen as its heavily inbred), 1 Sweetling, 1 Rose Bud, 1 Heartseeker and 2 Arsani. A good variety :3

I'm especially curious if the Sweetling will hatch Alt as I do own Alt Sweetlings.

I have 2 Val 09 (1 to be frozen as its heavily inbred), 1 Sweetling, 1 Rose Bud, 1 Heartseeker and 2 Arsani. A good variety :3

I'm especially curious if the Sweetling will hatch Alt as I do own Alt Sweetlings.

I don't think the children of Alt Sweetlings alt anymore but since you own Alt Sweetlings, maybe it's a different matter?

"During the 2011 and 2012 valentine breeding period, certain Sweetlings bred from other Sweetlings alted. This is a glitch." from the Sweetling page on the DragCave wiki.

I don't think the children of Alt Sweetlings alt anymore but since you own Alt Sweetlings, maybe it's a different matter?

"During the 2011 and 2012 valentine breeding period, certain Sweetlings bred from other Sweetlings alted. This is a glitch." from the Sweetling page on the DragCave wiki.

If Imposibbible has CB alts, her babies should alt if she keeps them on her scroll. I think the alt glitch only applied to people who did not have alts originally.