TJ09

2014-02-05 - Valentine's Day Event Info

I'll be breeding mine soon, but I'd like to trade second gen from my Alt Sweetling for a second gen from a non-alt, if someone wants to set up a trade. smile.gif

Other than that, I just need a second one of last year's dragon, and I'll be happy until the new dragons appear.

Sorry for the dumb question, but how long will the old valentines day dragons be dropping for? This is only my second 'event' and I was only able to get 5 dragons at christmas :X I have a 5 egg limit now, will there be enough time for me to get 2 of each? I don't have my incubator dragons available :X

Sorry for the dumb question, but how long will the old valentines day dragons be dropping for? This is only my second 'event' and I was only able to get 5 dragons at christmas :X I have a 5 egg limit now, will there be enough time for me to get 2 of each? I don't have my incubator dragons available :X

Old dragons can be breed until Feb 15 00:00 Cave Time. They'll continue dropping as older players keep breeding them. If you have incubates, you can catch 10 dragons, probably 15 if you time everything right.

Old dragons can be breed until Feb 15 00:00 Cave Time. They'll continue dropping as older players keep breeding them. If you have incubates, you can catch 10 dragons, probably 15 if you time everything right.

Okay, so I think that means I can get 2 of each then? I've got 1 of each old and they should hatch in 3 days, so then I can pick up another 5 of the old that will hopefully hatch in time for me to get the new ones? and hopefully those hatchlings will grow up and not lock my scroll.

Navigating the timing is so hard xd.png I had no idea what I was doing at christmas since I'd only been a member a week or so. Better luck this time!

Yes, happily egglocked with

X 2nd-gen '09 Valentine from Black Marrow

X 2nd-gen '09 Valentine from Yulebuck

X 2nd-gen '09 Valentine from Mint

X 2nd-gen Heartseeker from Shadow Walker

X 2nd-gen Heartseeker from Vine

X 2nd-gen Sweetling from Water Walker

X 2nd-gen Arsani from Black,

which I obtained from nice people or via trading biggrin.gif I will also get a 2nd-gen Rosebud from Nhiostrife once I am not locked anymore, thanks to an awesome person.

Almost all of my dragons got their mates they needed, with the exception of 1 more Yulebuck who needs his 2nd-gen '09 Valentine lady and a 3rd-gen Silver who needs her Sweetling from a perfect checker. Hope I can get them later, too.

I'm also happy I could grab pretty lineaged ones and gift them. It seems I am not such a bad catcher after all xd.png

While I'm glad the limit is gone - I realized that, for at least another 2 or 3 days - my scroll is going to be locked as I wait for my darn eggs to hatch.

Ah well - soon enough the lock will be gone and I can go back to building my hoards (leaving of course two spots open for the new egg [as I assume like Christmas - the new breed will also be limited to just 2 per scroll to start])

Still trying to get my second-gen Arsani, but I'm happy that I got my second-gen Sweetling from a non-alt parent (I was one to get alts), and its other parent is last year's Christmas dragon! :D So HAPPY!

And now sad, because a breeding I was doing for an Arsani for my Alt Sweetling just caused the eggs to be abandoned because I had too many eggs... :(

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

Okay, so I think that means I can get 2 of each then? I've got 1 of each old and they should hatch in 3 days, so then I can pick up another 5 of the old that will hopefully hatch in time for me to get the new ones? and hopefully those hatchlings will grow up and not lock my scroll.

Navigating the timing is so hard xd.png I had no idea what I was doing at christmas since I'd only been a member a week or so. Better luck this time!

The event lasts for 7 days so that gives you a day's worth of catching the ones you need, especially if you don't use incubate. There are five older dragons, so if you just catch one of each or the max two, by the time the new dragons are released, you should have at least two of each dragon. If you have spots open after you catch your 2 new dragons, you can try catching more of the older ones if they're still dropping.

I may have to name my little rosebud "Weak Constitution". Her egg has the least amount of views and is the only one to get sick so far.

I may have to name my little rosebud "Weak Constitution". Her egg has the least amount of views and is the only one to get sick so far.

Isn't that a bit of a sad name? xd.png

That's funny. The one's that troubling me is the 2nd Gen Sweetling I have from Black Marrow. Maybe because it's younger by 16 hours or something. laugh.gif

This is going to be a fun lineage, since I have an Alt, and a CB pink female for the next time they can breed. biggrin.gif

That would awesome. CB male descendent could be the "Black Sheep of the Family".

That would awesome. CB male descendent could be the "Black Sheep of the Family".

Yea, but it'll alternate between those who have an alt and those who don't have an alt. smile.gif I'm going to make sure when I breed it with a CB Light Pink female that whoever gets one of the eggs has a non-alt Sweetling.

Any guesses as to the inspiration for this year?

I guess a teddy bear dragon would be out of the question.

I'm hoping for a diamond dragon or something similar. We have cute Valentines, rose Valentines, chocolate Valentines, and sweet Valentines...time for something expensive and sexy suave.

Edited by Draco Knight

I'm hoping for a diamond dragon or something similar. We have cute Valentines, rose Valentines, chocolate Valentines, and sweet Valentines...time for something expensive and sexy.

A Diamond dragon. Maybe a diamond version of the Solstice dragon. *drools* I still haven't gotten over that particular dragon. So pretty.

Man, with Christmas, I had so many guess (none hit the mark, of course) but my brain is empty for this one.