TJ09

2014-02-05 - Valentine's Day Event Info

Hey cool I forgot you had one of my kids tongue.gifhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/u0OH

well after 3 years I can finally continue my breeding project with alt. sweets and magis biggrin.gif im happy about that but like you said need to find a person to pass a kid on to so she breed and pass it back..

and its 3am here and waaay past my bedtime since works calls around 6am

good luck catching and breeding! I'll sneak in on lunch. tongue.gif

Ouch. Goodnight!

After what happened to my Shadow Walkers last Halloween, I'm hesitant in dumping all the kids to the AP.

You know, TJ should just increase the number the of dragons we can have on the scroll and the number of kids a dragon has. Being stuck at 7 eggs and 21 overall dragons is killing me. But that opens a whole truckload of worms in regards to debate and such.

and my last 2 sense before bed, I agree with you ^^ A 7 egg limit and 21 over-all sucks because I cant ever breed half the stuff I need to or want to because im always locked. dry.gif I mean if you have been here for over 5 years he should give us a raise to like 10 eggs atleast... ok off to bed now. wink.gif

Only thing I'd change about Valentines now is that Sweetlings have the chance to Alt, so Alt owners can have pink Sweets, and pink Sweet owners can have Alts.

Just bred a bunch of my Valentine's. I'm so glad the breed limit is gone and I could keep a few of the babies wub.gif

and my last 2 sense before bed, I agree with you ^^  A 7 egg limit and 21 over-all sucks because I cant ever breed half the stuff I need to or want to because im always locked.  dry.gif  I mean if you have been here for over 5 years he should give us a raise to like 10 eggs atleast... ok off to bed now.  wink.gif

Yeah, he should add 1 egg and 3 dragon slots for every 250-500 dragons we get onto our scrolls. No frozen dragons can count once you reach 500.

And as you go off to bed, I'm staying up to see the Olympics. laugh.gif

Edited by Spyridon

Yeah, he should add 1 egg and 3 dragon slots for every 250-500 dragons we get onto our scrolls. No frozen dragons can count once you reach 500.

And as you go off to bed, I'm staying up to see the Olympics.  laugh.gif

I like it!

Caught one more '09 and now im really going to bed tongue.gif (I know I said that five minutes ago..) night all.

Edit: ^^ I have been watching figure skating and trying to catch eggs all night lol 2 Golds and 2 Bronze for the U.S.A yay!

Edited by majors

I like it!

Caught one more '09 and now im really going to bed tongue.gif (I know I said that five minutes ago..) night all.

Edit: ^^ I have been watching figure skating and trying to catch eggs all night lol

I'm telling you the Russian skater Lipnitskaya will be dominating for the next few years. Wagner has nothing on her.

That's what I keep telling myself about going to bed. Caught an egg at 4 in the morning. laugh.gif

You know, TJ should just increase the number the of dragons we can have on the scroll and the number of kids a dragon has. Being stuck at 7 eggs and 21 overall dragons is killing me. But that opens a whole truckload of worms in regards to debate and such.

There could always be a platinum trophy. LOL!

I love having kids and a husband that care nothing about lineage. I can trade the messy ones I catch for the neat lineaged ones they catch. Still, gotta save room for the two new releases. At least I was able to make sure every Valentine on my scroll had a nice lineage, and having someone just breed awesome Valentine's and matching commons for you always helps. Thank you again, Mystic Halo!

There could always be a platinum trophy. LOL!

I love having kids and a husband that care nothing about lineage. I can trade the messy ones I catch for the neat lineaged ones they catch. Still, gotta save room for the two new releases. At least I was able to make sure every Valentine on my scroll had a nice lineage, and having someone just breed awesome Valentine's and matching commons for you always helps. Thank you again, Mystic Halo!

Heck, at this point, I'd be fine with a diamond-encrusted Gold trophy or even an unobtainium trophy that doesn't even exist yet. laugh.gif

I just want decently lineaged Valentines from commons. Wouldn't say no to a 2nd Gen however. cool.gif

Pygmy Valentines.

That is all.

I agree. They should have Pygmy Christmas too.

I was so close to having a 4th Gen Valentine with Male Pink checker but the father was from a White/Snow Angel Base. dry.gif

Aargh, this is killing me. ^^; I've been trying since it started, and I've only caught one valentine's egg of the AP. >_< My luck isn't usually THIS horrible. *sigh* Maybe I'll try a trade thread.

Huuuge thanks to TJ for making the page titles different for picking up an egg from the AP and not being able to get one. Easier to tell at a glance and to quickly close tabs that way.

Are we still supposed to get those autoabandoned messages when breeding valentines? blink.gif

this is my first V.day on DC

is it normal that the AP has so few V.day Eggs

Compared to the other Holidays, this AP is practically barren!

Never mind. laugh.gif

Edited by Spyridon

Uuuugh, no valentines egg luck again, THIS feels the same as Christmas at least. Boo for crappy internet -.- hopefully I at least manage to catch SOMETHING before the new release

It's going to be normal now that the Limits were lifted for past Holiday Dragons. People can grab as many eggs as they can hold.

You should be able to do it, with some planning.

The Valentine's eggs you have on your scroll now should hatch between about 10 pm and midnight Cave Time on Tuesday night. If you catch more eggs at that point, they'll need 3 days to hatch -- so they'd fill your scroll until at least Friday 10 pm-midnight, if you catch them right away.

Normally, the Valentine's eggs would only drop for one day, but this year, we've been told that we'll have a 3-day drop. Hurrah! This means that you won't have any trouble grabbing 2 of the new eggs, because you can catch them on Saturday or Sunday, after your second set of eggs hatches.

Another thing to consider is that a lot of players will wait and breed their Valentine's dragons ON Valentine's day. Rather than catching 5 AP Valentine's eggs on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, you may want to save a slot or two for trying to catch some pretty eggs on Valentine's Day, itself. Your choice!

Also, if this goes anything like Halloween did, people will probably be putting Valentine's dragons up for trade for several days after the holiday. So, even if you can't catch 2 of each, all is not lost -- you may be able to trade for them, after breeding has finished.

Also, be sure to check out the "Departures" thread and the "Even-Gen Trading and Gifting Thread" for possible free gift dragons. And definitely look at the Valentine's Lineage Aid thread; there are a lot of people there offering to breed their dragons to your choice of mate for you! Just PM them and ask if they would be willing to breed for you on Wednesday, or sometime after your scroll is free again.

Best of luck!

Ah thanks! This is my second event so I'm still a bit shaky on the timing but I'm giving it a go. 1 day 15 hours until my VDay eggs start hatching! I'm so excited, they're so cute. I only have two incubators, but one should be ready to go around the 14th so hopefully that'll free up some space.

I didn't realise about the people breeding on VDay, maybe it's best for me to wait for the second lot then. I like pretty lineages biggrin.gif

I did take advantage of trading though. I got one of the speckled eggs which was from a gold, and someone was trading to CB elemental dragons for it (one a hatchling) so I gave them that. I want my lineages to be second gen, matching colours xd.png

So complicated!

Thanks TJ !

Will the new release be limited?

Yep new Valentine release will be able to only have 2

I am trying to catch non messy lineages. i caught a messy lineage egg and i put it back and i have lucky enough to grab a better lineage one. i know withe the older holiday dragons it may be tricky to get a good lineage one. that aside thanks tj for the event. biggrin.gif

I caught the one egg 5 times in a row before giving up for 5 minutes. I think other people were throwing it back too!

It had an impressively messy lineage.