TJ09

2014-02-05 - Valentine's Day Event Info

Still can't catch anything (<- her Chrome is in a bad mood lately), but got gifted, bred and traded for nice stuff so I'm almost done collecting. I just need to get a clean Rosebud, and new Valentines of course. Soon.

Still can't catch anything (<- her Chrome is in a bad mood lately), but got gifted, bred and traded for nice stuff so I'm almost done collecting. I just need to get a clean Rosebud, and new Valentines of course. Soon.

I got lucky twice but the rest of mine were all gifts, including the hatchies. Although out of the non-holiday ones, I did catch the guardian and copper eggies. I only need an arsani now! Once I'm not egglocked I'll be on the hunt, so might be a couple days

I feel kinda bad reading all the posts about people not being able to catch any eggs, for some reason I had absolutely no problem getting 7 eggs right away :/

Locked again with my second round of V day beauties! I found 3 awesome 2nd gens, too. I hope they hatch before the 14th at midnight. If not, then I'll have to wait a day to get the new eggs..I'm not about to drop the older new ones. rolleyes.gif I'm thrilled to have more than two of the Valentine dragons on my scroll... This is great!

Thanks again, TJ...

Edited by MedievalMystic

Finding the sweetlings I want has been the most difficult for me. I still have some val 09' eggs to get , but I'm wanting to find the sweetlings more. I was easily able to trade for the rest of the lineages I need, so now I only have 5 specific lineages to get.

I feel kinda bad reading all the posts about people not being able to catch any eggs, for some reason I had absolutely no problem getting 7 eggs right away :/

I did all of my hunting in the forum, since my slow connection was no match for the Cave. I got some pretty nice lineages because of it. One of my Sweetlings was gifted thanks to a another nice member who offered to help me find some nice eggs.

I was actually surprised to get some Sweetlings as I assumed they were the most popular Valentine dragon. I think I managed to find one of each so far, but I could be wrong.

How many Valentine breeds are there so far? I have five breeds at the moment.

I'm really happy with the eggs I've managed to get this year, but it hasn't been easy. I've had more misclicks in a day than I've had in a year. It was crazy. lol

Wookie, just want to say that I love that gorgeous dragon in your signature.

Are there new Alt Sweetlings? I just saw someone offering this hatchling in the Holiday trading thread...

Only on scrolls originally coded to have alts. If it goes to a non alt scroll, it will turn pink.

Are there new Alt Sweetlings? I just saw someone offering this hatchling in the Holiday trading thread...

And a beautifully lineaged one at that! I'd flip if I snatched something that rare, but they probably want a Cheese or a CB Gold for it. (I know I would if I was offering).

That's an interesting hatchie. It must have been bred on the scroll of someone with pink Sweetlings and then passed to someone with the Alts to hatch. They may be expecting that it will stay Alt when it is passed on, but unless it goes to someone with Alts already on their scroll, it will turn pink in the teleport process.

@ ainisarie

So any Sweetling this user breeds will Alt?

@ Syiren

Me too, but if it really turns pink upon changing scroll... =(

@ ainisarie

The breeder of the CB alt? No, only eggs that stay on his/her scroll, or go to another alt coded scroll. On mine, it would have hatched pink.

The breeder of the CB alt? No, only eggs that stay on his/her scroll, or go to another alt coded scroll.  On mine, it would have hatched pink.

Haha, that's what I meant, sorry^^''

@ ainisarie

@ Syiren

Me too, but if it really turns pink upon changing scroll... =(

True, still it's a nice hatchling regardless. smile.gif

Now that limits are lifted, I really wish Sweetlings had a 50/50 shot at alting on their own. Those with alts could have pinks, and those with pinks could have alts.

Oh well, maybe next year.

I have CB Alt Sweetlings. If I breed an egg from one of them and pass it to someone else who does not have Alts, it will hatch pink. If I keep it on my scroll, it will hatch Alt. But if I then pass that Alt hatchling to someone who does not have Alts it will change to a pink hatchling when it hits their scroll.

I haven't seen much interest in people willing to swap bred eggs, sadly. The Holiday Lineage thread is almost deserted. I've been able to get a few of the lineage I want to make, but it's been slow going. And I'm trying to get normal CB Sweetlings bred. I hope people without alts don't think they are unwanted, because that is not the case!

Now that limits are lifted, I really wish Sweetlings had a 50/50 shot at alting on their own. Those with alts could have pinks, and those with pinks could have alts.

Oh well, maybe next year.

Aww yes, as a sprite collector I'd love this idea implemented someday. But then I imagine lots of people not liking this for many reasons. Durr

And in an hour - all my eggs will be hatched and I will be fully unlocked.

Not that I'm wanting more Valentine eggs - I have what I want/need. I just want to go back to AP hunting for other eggs.

Very bad luck for me in this event. I could not catch ANY egg.

Ive got my seven eggs breeding my own dragons from previous years. sad.gif

I looked at my dragons' children and I noticed that the only eggs that became hatchlings were the only ones that I kept for myself. Their brothers or sisters are still eggs. Nobody took them. ._.

How can it be possible? In my opinion, the entrance to the cave should have been cleaned of those dragons we can catch all year long to make room. Those Valentine's ones will not appeare again until next year. Those Valentine's eggs are dying now in the limbo and I could not catch any because they appear only 1 or 2 pairs and there are 500 people trying to catch them.

Am I right or what? huh.gifdry.gif

I looked at my dragons' children and I noticed that the only eggs that became hatchlings were the only ones that I kept for myself. Their brothers or sisters are still eggs. Nobody took them. ._.

It's very unlikely (read: nigh impossible) that nobody took them. They just haven't been incubated and/or hatched yet by their new owner.

I haven't seen much interest in people willing to swap bred eggs, sadly. The Holiday Lineage thread is almost deserted.

Which thread? I only could find this one: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=77590&st=0 which doesn't exactly focus on getting new Holidays.

And I'm trying to get normal CB Sweetlings bred. I hope people without alts don't think they are unwanted, because that is not the case!

I prefer the Pink ones biggrin.gif I somehow managed to not snag a single of them from the cave back when they dropped ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Very bad luck for me in this event. I could not catch ANY egg.

Ive got my seven eggs breeding my own dragons from previous years. sad.gif

How can it be possible? In my opinion, the entrance to the cave should have been cleaned of those dragons we can catch all year long to make room. Those Valentine's ones will not appeare again until next year. Those Valentine's eggs are dying now in the limbo and I could not catch any because they appear only 1 or 2 pairs and there are 500 people trying to catch them.

Am I right or what? huh.gifdry.gif

All valentine eggs go to the front of the line, so to speak. Your bred eggs have been picked up, there is just no owner name listed.