Naruhina_94

ANSWERED:More "Raffle" Times

I don't think one (ONE!) added raffle a year would interfere with regular releases if it didn't include some big event. If the method of entry was something very simple like being logged into your scroll that day, or maybe if it happens at DC's birthday the price of a ticket were catching one of the new release dragons, that seems to me to be a simple enough thing.

I agree that adding more raffles at the expense of regular releases isn't very appealing. We all want pretty new dragons to coo over.

I don't think one (ONE!) added raffle a year would interfere with regular releases if it didn't include some big event. If the method of entry was something very simple like being logged into your scroll that day, or maybe if it happens at DC's birthday the price of a ticket were catching one of the new release dragons, that seems to me to be a simple enough thing.

I agree that adding more raffles at the expense of regular releases isn't very appealing. We all want pretty new dragons to coo over.

Very eloquently put.

I will kick and scream if yet another month is passed by for "regular release" just to satisfy the *tiny minority* of people would would actually win on a 2nd raffle. (Because honestly, taking away a new release with it's *permanent* additions to the cave, and in it's place putting a raffle with a *tiny* chance of winning and ALL those other users get zilch.... Not fun.)

But if the 2nd raffle didn't interfere with anything, wasn't a whole big huge deal, was more like a background "oh, you logged in, you get a chance!" type of thing.... Well I can't see anything wrong with that.

(That's deliberately overlooking the frustrating rareness of Prize-dragons 'cause that's a can of worms I don't want to think about right now)

No, no, no. By discontinuing I meant doing with them the same they did with the frills. As in gone, forever, no more breeding true, nothing.

Anyways, it is not a serious suggestion, it was just a comment to portray my thoughts on this whole prize dragon nonsense.

... It might actually be workable if we retire them like frills. The drama and whining will eventually die down, as proven by the frills.

Thanks for giving me new insight for a viewpoint that I have long since abandoned.

My preference has always been to have maybe two max "prize" Raffles per year (like Xmas and DC Birthday, for example ) and greatly greatly increase the numbers of HMs awarded. On the HM only Raffles, I'd go for no holiday sprite and no special code requests unless either of these are super easy for TJ and/or there is not an option that allows all winners to receive CB Hollies because I want to create not just more "prizes" but a diversity of those prizes. It should benefit both players individually and as a group. Otherwise, what's the point if the only special Dragons are always Prize Gold. Silver or Bronzes.

I like this option best of all because the main animosity from the raffles comes from, well, losing. Is it a flaw in the system (ex: allowing people to win twice) or not enough prizes to satisfy the users? I think more raffles would decrease the value of prizes into something more manageable that doesn't completely monopolize the trade market (which would also make trading for cb gold/silver easier). Right now I'm bummed because despite the valentine release people are still upset about the raffle. A greater prize to user ratio may, at the very least, ease up tensions. Anything really would be better than the system we currently have. Thoughts?

Raffles.... I prefer other methods of easing the situation to this one, especially if it comes at the expense of new in-cave releases.

Cheers!

C4.

I can agree with having one on DC's birthday and perhaps having a special Birthday-themed dragon and then some HMs,

But I think that Tinsels/Shimmers should stay as a Christmastime-only release unless they're HM'ed. That's just my opinion though.

I like this option best of all because the main animosity from the raffles comes from, well, losing.

This system is about making more raffles throughout the year. If people are unhappy about losing, I don't see how making them lose 3 times per year as opposed to once is going to make them any more happy.

And this suggestion is, as repeatedly stated, very likely to distrupt normal releases, which is a big turn-off for many players.

This system is about making more raffles throughout the year. If people are unhappy about losing, I don't see how making them lose 3 times per year as opposed to once is going to make them any more happy.

And this suggestion is, as repeatedly stated, very likely to distrupt normal releases, which is a big turn-off for many players.

dc birthday interrupts 2 scheduled releases anyway, So it would be a very good place to introduce another raffle.

Exactly. And the new release system is great - let's not disrupt that and slow the release of all those lovely completed dragons.

ETA we don't know that the birthday thing will happen again - and it is in effect a scheduled release which we'd lose if we had a raffle sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

dc birthday interrupts 2 scheduled releases anyway, So it would be a very good place to introduce another raffle.

Exactly what I think, I support this post smile.gif

Fuzzbucket you don't want see prizes relased in cave, you don't want to see more raffles (so more people that could earn cb prizes per year), but you don't want to see unhappy people, too ? I think is a little contradictory since is their little distribution that creates all this topics xd.png

Exactly what I think, I support this post smile.gif

Fuzzbucket you don't want see prizes relased in cave, you don't want to see more raffles (so more people that could earn cb prizes per year), but you don't want to see unhappy people, too ? I think is a little contradictory since is their little distribution that creates all this topics xd.png

Fuzz I think is against any change in the Prizes, including upped breeding chances, from what I've seen in the threads. I might have missed one she supported, though. Mostly what I've seen is she supports people change their play style to exclude prize lineages. Actually a number of people have been presenting views like that. Which... isn't going to happen. If I've gotten this wrong, I'm sorry fuzz, but... that's the impression you've given.

As for the Birthday interrupting releases.... 2013 was the first year we had releases every month, and this birthday we had 7 breeds released, which is more than we would have had if the two months hadn't been interrupted. So, that is a moot point.

I wouldn't be against a raffle on DC's birthday, SO LONG AS there was the usual normal release on said day.

Cheers!

C4.

Well I think of it as more raffles = more winners. At the very least there'd be more 2nd gens or a decrease in the prize's hold over the trade market. And instead of "I lost let me trade an arm and a leg for a 2nd gen" it would be more "I lost but I can just try again later".

As for the disrupted scheduled release, I agree with cyradis4 that that's a moot point. I don't believe TJ09 will replace a new release with the raffle, there's no reason the two can't coexist.

Exactly. And the new release system is great - let's not disrupt that and slow the release of all those lovely completed dragons.

ETA we don't know that the birthday thing will happen again - and it is in effect a scheduled release which we'd lose if we had a raffle sad.gif

If the raffle was worked in as part of a yearly birthday event it wouldn't disrupt the release; it'd rather be a part of one.

One big extra raffle a year (one that doubled the prize amounts, mind you, rather than splitting them between both) would be alright. But I'd rather not have to deal with the disappointment of losing and the stress of trying to gain spots on lists any more regularly than that.

If the raffle was worked in as part of a yearly birthday event it wouldn't disrupt the release; it'd rather be a part of one.

One big extra raffle a year (one that doubled the prize amounts, mind you, rather than splitting them between both) would be alright. But I'd rather not have to deal with the disappointment of losing and the stress of trying to gain spots on lists any more regularly than that.

IDEA! We could have the 2nd raffle extractions during the DC birthday, but the prizes could be given with those of Christmas on the following January ! So the stress of trying to gain spots on lists would happen just one time per year, as before ^^

We wouldn't loose the Juny relase, too!

Edited by Naruhina_94

Fuzz I think is against any change in the Prizes, including upped breeding chances, from what I've seen in the threads. I might have missed one she supported, though. Mostly what I've seen is she supports people change their play style to exclude prize lineages. Actually a number of people have been presenting views like that. Which... isn't going to happen. If I've gotten this wrong, I'm sorry fuzz, but... that's the impression you've given.

As for the Birthday interrupting releases.... 2013 was the first year we had releases every month, and this birthday we had 7 breeds released, which is more than we would have had if the two months hadn't been interrupted. So, that is a moot point.

I wouldn't be against a raffle on DC's birthday, SO LONG AS there was the usual normal release on said day.

Cheers!

C4.

No, you have indeed got some of it, at least, wrong.biggrin.gif

I am FINE with increased breeding reliability and also with multiclutching (as long as the breeder can only keep one egg; there was a suggestion that they should be able to control them all, and that would NOT be OK !)

Yes, I have suggested that people who mind so much about not having 2nd gens for lineages would be wise to breed something else - simply because of the frustration they seem to feel when they can't make shimmer checkers ! We have so many beautiful dragons we CAN breed... I know it won't happen - but it is so much nicer to breed what you have than to agonise over what you probably can't have.

I have said I'd like to see no more raffles at all - but simply because of all the ill feeling that follows. I am personally fine with them the way they are, as I think prizes are supposed to be special and limited. Given that so many people seem to think everyone should be able to get them, that defeats the point, the specialness, of a prize.

And yes - the 7 breeds for the birthday (while a total PIA at the time as I was on TERRIBLE internet on vacation) was a lot of fun and the number easily covered two months' worth of regular releases. It was good. biggrin.gif

I would NOT like to see the wonderful new release system, which has given us loads of lovely new things, disrupted by another raffle, is all. And I cannot see how it wouldn't be. I think lots of regular releases have way more in-game benefits for many more people.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I never stress over getting on prize lists, its not worth it. Most of the lists I'm on I've gotten on because some one either told me about it, or I happened to be dealing with their owners for other reasons. But I'm still irked about there being 6 sprites I can't work with properly.

Yea, one big raffle a year, which adds 120 new prizes in addition to the existing prizes and the 120 added by the winter raffle, sounds like a good idea, and DC's birthday, so long as we still get lots of pretties for the birthday, sounds like a good idea.

Or hold it on the Summer Solstice, but again.... Only as long as it does not interrupt the new release schedule. And only so long as it adds more total prizes to the dragon population, in addition to what's being added by the winter raffle.

Cheers!

C4.

IDEA! We could have the 2nd raffle extractions during the DC birthday, but the prizes could be given with those of Christmas on the following January ! So the stress of trying to gain spots on lists would happen just one time per year, as before ^^

We wouldn't loose the Juny relase, too!

If you won a Prize in a raffle on DC's birthday in May, you would be happy with waiting until the following January to get that Prize???

Or did I misunderstand what you are suggesting here?

If you won a Prize in a raffle on DC's birthday in May, you would be happy with waiting until the following January to get that Prize???

I don't think you did. And I don't think that would fly with the players...

That was only a suggestion related by "the stress of contact new winners twice per year". If we can afford this "huge" stress we will no need to wait. xd.png

Well,.... it seems Amazon's Warrior's guide helped the winners, at least, with dealing with all the PM's. I understand having two raffles will cause some losers to contact the winners and that might give .... stress. On the other hand it might give you a better chance to get on the list. So... in the end it would be less stressful, I think.

A raffle as part of the birthday event would be awesome. Although it would be good not to disrupt the normal releases. So if the event and the release could be combined somehow, that would be great!

That was only a suggestion related by "the stress of contact new winners twice per year". If we can afford this "huge" stress we will no need to wait. xd.png

I think it would be better to "stress" a few losers than to stress all of the winners by having to wait 7+ months to collect their prizes. wink.gif

I am not against adding a raffle somewhere mid-year IF it doesn't further disrupt the regular releases and IF it actually increases the number of winners instead of just dividing them into two smaller groups.

I am personally fine with the way the raffle is done now. I don't feel the need to obtain multiple 2nd gen Prizes, or even one. I don't expect to ever win a CB. But I do have some sympathy with those who love the sprites and want to include them in even gen checkers, which is currently virtually impossible to do. Any kind of even gen at all is very hard, as most breeders seem to prefer the much easier (and more boring) stair. So, I would hope that adding another raffle to increase the number of CBs out there would help to make gen 2 Prizes more available to those who feel it is spoiling the game for them to not be able to have them.

This is about the only suggestion that I see being made that I think would not cause more problems than it would solve.

you are on 8 second gen lists. yet you complain?

I just dont get what this is all about anymore. I get that some people are against increasing or changing, and some are for. But there are people who actually are against both? HUH? *BIGCONFUSION*

you are on 8 second gen lists. yet you complain?

I just dont get what this is all about anymore. I get that some people are against increasing or changing, and some are for. But there are people who actually are against both? HUH? *BIGCONFUSION*

I think I already explained to you that half those lists are dead in the water X___x

And of those that aren't, I still haven't managed to get for sure on a single Tinsel list... so my goal of one 2nd gen from each type is still only halfway in the making, ergh.

At any rate:

1) As said above, getting on some lists still only got me halfway to my goals, and even then the possibility of making pretty checkers is still, well, nearly an impossibility. More low gens would help with this, not to mention increase the chances of success for those with no 2nd gens at all.

2) Despite all the eyebrow wiggling, I maintain again: if my sole purpose was to get rich quick, I'd be better off milking my 2nd gens, not making them even a tad more common. But I don't want fame and fortune, I want to make pretty lineages and hopefully allow other people to create them more readily as well.

Not sure if the latter part of your comment was directed at me, but the idea of more raffles, at least for a lot more of them, centers mainly around splitting up the current prize amount rather than creating more prizes overall, which does little good. So, lower odds of winning and more frequent losing. That's a big part of the reason so many people want to choke their GoNs, and I'd rather not deal with it either. I also imagine it would increase the pressure on winners; they get enough PMs when there's 100+ of them, can you imagine if there were only twenty at a time?

Accordingly I'd much rather there only be one new, equally large raffle. Less disappointment, more prizes, hopefully less pressure (or no more pressure than there is currently) on winners.

(And before anyone huffs and says there'd be no pressure if people just put off PMing--well, I did that during the Tinsel releases and the Shimmer release. In return other people got on lists and I got squat. Then this time I was proactive about it and got on several lists. See the pickle?)

Either way I'm tired of raffle debates--VDay took my mind off them and I've no mind to return! So with this I am going to poof. For reals. FOR REALS, ADP, LISTEN TO YOURSELF THIS TIME. >C

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

If it was organized with a sort of team, I don't see why we shouldn't have more things available, personally. Each chance to enter is another chance to win and all that.