Naruhina_94

ANSWERED:More "Raffle" Times

At most, I would go for two big raffles. It's just that raffles disrupt so much other cave things (like releases) and they take lots of time. I feel it would just be mentally draining to do too many, even if they're small ones.

No please, no more raffles. All raffles do is turn the next month into a complete dead period with absolutely no new dragons because of the prize handouts. If you didn't win you have nothing to do. I'd rather we have no more raffles than we already have, and I'd lose no sleep if we didn't even have that one.

Another great suggestion by you, it seems!

I'd prefer raffle option one. Or whichever option had the small raffles with one big Christmas one. The event in July could maybe be a made up holiday for DC or something like that. Or it can just be a mid-year raffle. Either way, I'm fine with it.

However, I think the prize numbers in the raffle should be lowered. I added them all together, and I think the amount of raffle prizes total each year should be below 150, until the active user base grows more.

Um...there is actually a huge active user base beyond what is represented in the forums. Each year, more people join DC and more people participate in the raffles. And people are actually suggesting in a different thread to increase the number of prizes given to compensate for this. If anything, I think shrinking the prize pool would make the user base (whether large or small) very unhappy.

All raffles do is turn the next month into a complete dead period with absolutely no new dragons because of the prize handouts. If you didn't win you have nothing to do. I'd rather we have no more raffles than we already have, and I'd lose no sleep if we didn't even have that one.

This. I would rather have more releases than raffles, as new releases benefit more people than the raffle winners. Oh of course there is going to be unhappiness-"I can't catch enough" etc-but at least it will give people, who will otherwise sit around doing nothing, something to do rather than disillusioned by not getting anything.

Can't we just have a biannual raffle system where it runs some code and numbers and picks winners? It doesn't have to interrupt the release paradigm that way.

:/ ehh... I feel like... it's TJ's break. just like it's my break. It's kinda mean to ask someone to not have a break so they can put on some big gift giving event.

plus I agree with the point that we should optimize what we have with the raffles before doubling our problems by having another raffle.

it seriously surprises me that people get really sad and worked up over not winning the raffles considering how tiny the chances of winning should be. I kinda am mean spirited and grumpy today, but I feel like some people should get over themselves and stop feeling like a special snowflake o3o but really it's never going to happen.

maybe we should instead of having more events move the raffle into a different time of the year so that people who had bad x-mases don't feel like they should have gotten a CB prize due to the bad x-mas or something weird like that. annd it would spread out the holidays more making it feel like we have enough (cuz really we have plenty of holidays... they're just all clumped together in one part of the year)

(and if we're gonna talk about minigames... what I really want for x-mas this year instead of a new minigame... is the ability to play with the old minigames... although I guess that could just be me there lol.)

@diaveborn: Yes, the "it'll be a slippery slope of adding more raffles into the game beyond the extra one". Just like that children's book, If you give a Mouse a Cookie. If TJ keeps on giving out raffles, then the people who did not win are obviously going to be unsatisfied, and those people are going to keep on demanding more. Pretty much like how this thread came to be, no? wink.gif These dragons are not called "rare", "exclusive", "prizes" for nothing.

I agree that people will want more, but I also think it's possible for TJ to say he will, and stick with the decision to, add one extra and only one extra no matter how much people do complain after.

To be honest I am also very very disappointed in people because for all this talk about how DC is a collecting game no one seems to actually want to collect sth new as in new releases. I have only seen one suggestion for how to make raffles work and the new releases at the same time and that was not more thoroughly explained.

I am surprised and baffled that people are not eager for new things but so fixated on old ones. I would rather see a new release every 3 weeks than more raffles tbh and I think that will make mpre people happier than some raffle that has a limited number of people winning anyeay.

I am surprised and baffled that people are not eager for new things but so fixated on old ones. I would rather see a new release every 3 weeks than more raffles tbh and I think that will make mpre people happier than some raffle that has a limited number of people winning anyeay.

It's simple. People always want rare things and New Releases are ... ironically... too easy to obtain and don't hold their worth because of it...

x'D

I'm in favour of TJ making an ultra, ultra rare release dragon which is so rare that everyone is so tied up trying to grab that they forget all about the raffle.

Edited by DarkEternity

It's simple. People always want rare things and New Releases are ... ironically... too easy to obtain and don't hold their worth because of it...

x'D

I don't know. I only come back for the new releases unless someone out there is willing to gift an ungendered neglected, lol, so tbh new releases are far more exciting for me.

And yes I am being disheartened and I swear, if I ever win the raffle I am either going to get a frill or never give out any of the prize dragon's offspring until it's a horribly inbred messy 12th gen deadline.

Lol! But think about all the people who would be unhappy though...

No please, no more raffles. All raffles do is turn the next month into a complete dead period with absolutely no new dragons because of the prize handouts. If you didn't win you have nothing to do. I'd rather we have no more raffles than we already have, and I'd lose no sleep if we didn't even have that one.

This, very this. I am aching for the next REGULAR release as it is. It's been too long....

This, very this. I am aching for the next REGULAR release as it is. It's been too long....

A summer Raffle would fall when people are in vacation, maybe a pause would be usefull in that period! Less people that could loose a dragon relase.

I love normal relase, too. I would prefer more dragons relased toghter smile.gif

3 breeds (so even those who have just 4 eggs slot could take almost 1 dragon for each breed) relased for 2-3 full days. For the DC birthday we coud celebrate with a raffle since even relase too many normal dragons would prevent a June relase!

this is the relase timeline 2013:

January 29, 2013 - "Prize Dragons" were released.

Shimmer-scale Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased)

February 14 , 2013 - The "Valentine's 2013" Release occurred.

Arsani Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased)

March 4, 2013 - The "Speckle-Throated Dragons" Release occurred

Speckle-Throated Dragons were released. (1 normal dragon relased)

April 7, 2013 - The "April Release" occured.

Soulpeace Dragons and Royal Crimson Dragons were released. (2 normal dragons relased)

May 22, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 1"

Black Capped Teimarrs were released.

May 23, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 2"

Gilded Bloodscale Dragons were released.

May 24, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 3"

Black Tea Dragons were released.

May 25, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 4"

Hellhorse Dragons were released.

May 26, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 5"

Copper Dragons were released.

May 27, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 6"

Blacktip Dragons were released.

May 28, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 7"

Seragamma Wyverns were released. (DC birthday relased: 7 new dragons)

July 7, 2013 - The "July Release" occured.

Bleeding Moon Dragons and Imperial Fleshcrownes were released. (2 normal dragons relased)

August 4, 2013 - The "Two-Headed Madness Release" occured.

Two-headed Lindwurms and Duotone Dragons were released. (2 normal dragons relased)

September 8, 2013 - "September Release"

Red-finned Tidal Dragon and Yellow-Crowned Dragon (2 normal dragons relased)

October 31, 2013 - Halloween Release

Grave Dragons were released for Halloween. (none normal dragon relased)

November 30, 2013 - "Late-November Release"

Nhiostrife Wyvern (1 normal dragons relased)

December 25, 2012 - The "Christmas 2013" Release occurred.

Solstice Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased)

2013= 17 new normal dragon relased (3 Two heads and 2 breedable only)

Let's see what would happen in my suggest:

January 29, 2013 - "Prize Dragons" were released.

Shimmer-scale + tinsel Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased)

February 14 , 2013 - The "Valentine's 2013" Release occurred.

Arsani Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased)

March 4, 2013 - The "March Dragons" Release occurred

2-3 new breeds were released. (2-3 normal dragon relased)

April 7, 2013 - The "April Release" occured.

2-3 new breeds were were released. (2-3 normal dragons relased)

May 22, 2013 - The "8th Birthday Raffle"

A new Holiday Dragon is relased (Pending!!!) (None normal dragon relased) OR 1 new breed were relased (1 Normal dragon Relased) (Still pending!!!)

July 7, 2013 - The "July Release" occured.

2-3 new breeds were released. (2-3 normal dragons relased)

August 4, 2013 - The "August Release" occured.

September 8, 2013 - "September Release"

October 31, 2013 - Halloween Release

Grave Dragons were released for Halloween. (none normal dragon relased)

November 30, 2013 - "Late-November Release"

December 25, 2012 - The "Christmas 2013" Release occurred.

Solstice Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased) + a BIg Raffle.

2014 = minimum 12 new breeds (I suppose you don't want to repeat the 7 dragons in 7 days in any case xd.png ) maximum 18 new breeds.

If you don't want an Holiday dragon to celebrate DC birhtday as Holiday I'm fine with that! Let's add another Normal Dragon, instead! So the maximum would become 19 New Normal Dragons per year smile.gif

Please, remember that there would be no June relase in both cases: DC Birhtday super relase (3+ new breeds) that a Raffle.

Edited by Naruhina_94

A summer Raffle would fall when people are in vacation, maybe a pause would be usefull in that period! Less people that could loose a dragon relase.

Losing a dragon release doesn't matter whether you're participating or not, if it doesn't exist, then collectively, everyone miss out.

Think about it this way, say your school is giving out free candy for everyone, if it gets cancelled, then it doesn't matter if you were there or not (and I would say that even if you weren't able to participate, you could have gotten the chance to get the candy from friends, etc...) everyone loses the chance.

Not to mention that when a new breed is released, it's released permanently, which means that you're going to have the chance to get it through breeding, CBs from the cave, etc, which is a bonus that the above candy scenario doesn't have.

Why should I be content with the same release of same sprites that I probably won't get in CB form, that I don't have an interest in collecting because I have gotten my sprite quota for it (I understand that this is a point that people will disagree on but), when I can get brand new ones forever?

Edited by ylangylang

Workload increase for site staff and spriters aside, the problem I see with this suggestion is that raffles and holiday release/events are supposed to be big and special, and spamming them all over the year is going to make them bland and/or flat out annoying.

Losing a dragon release doesn't matter whether you're participating or not, if it doesn't exist than collectively, everyone miss out.

Think about it this way, say your school is giving out free candy for everyone, if it gets cancelled, then it doesn't matter if you were there or not (and I would say that even if you weren't able to participate, you could have gotten the chance to get the candy from friends, etc...) everyone loses the chance.

Not to mention that when a new breed is released, it's released permanently, which means that you're going to have the chance to get it through breeding, CBs from the cave, etc, which is a bonus that the above candy scenario doesn't have.

Why should I be content with the same release of same sprites that I probably won't get in CB form, that I don't have an interest in collecting because I have gotten my sprite quota for it (I understand that this is a point that people will disagree on but), when I can get brand new ones forever?

I didn't decreased the normal relase to increase the raffles, if you look well at my post. So I'm giving normal dragons to peopel who wants them, but even an higher chance to get a Prize dragon not obtainable in other ways.

If with a raffle 1000 prizes would be given maybe it wouldn't be necessary do another one because with some years everybody could be satisfacted.

My target is make them a NOT exclusive breed who rules the trade market and makes everyone upset about them. I'm glady that you're fine with collecting spriters, but what happened if a Neglected can only be obtained with shimmer and tinsel low gen? You cannot have that sprite if you are not able to make them.

Prizes dragons are too precious right now and they don't have so many roasons to be like that.

I've read many times that DC cannot be focus on a single play-style.

It's true that CB and Lineage are of equal importance, but it's also true that many players want have more freedom to do the lineages they prefer. This is a part of the game, otherwise just cancel the "lineage" link...

We have to do a comprimise: I have left (and increase!) the number of normal dragon relased, adding even another raffle. With this system both parts could be happy.

You've asked me:

And I could ask you:

Why should I be content if doesn't matter which kind of norml dragon is relased if Tinsel and Shimmer CB will always dominate the market if they don't become more commons?

And I could ask you:

Why should I be content if doesn't matter which kind of norml dragon is relased if Tinsel and Shimmer CB will always dominate the market if they don't become more commons?

And I could ask you - why not give up on that inflated trading, and catch and breed the good stuff that is NOT caught up in all that ?

We all play in different ways. I will never trade for low gen prizes - I have better things to do with my time and my dragons. I have the pretties on my scroll - who cares how long their lineage is ?

At this point, I really don't care if there is another raffle. It takes the rest of the year to recover from all the whining the one produces, and that's the problem. No matter how many there are in a year, or how they're done, there will always be a group that says they are unfair, and carry on about how they didn't win.

I'd rather have the regular monthly releases. Maybe a late January release, along with the prize dispersal, would help keep the whining to a minimum.

But, yeah, I don't think adding more raffles, or holidays, will be any improvement.

I think you've misunderstood me here. I'm talking on the premise that a raffle would disrupt the normal "new release" cycle based on the fact that it has done so in the past, and I don't see any particular reason as to why it would change-just people insisting that it is so.

Consequently, what it feels like to me is, sacrificing the potential to get a new dragon or two in place for a raffle, which some people don't care about anyways-but new dragons, everyone cares about new releases.

if I can't get a neglected I would look for ways to make them. That's what I did. I agree that it's not what's going to happen for everyone, or if it's ideal, but to be honest, I'm not bummed about not getting one yet to be honest. I agree that it's a minor view, but since you asked about my opinion...

Oh please, unless you're proposing to get rid of the raffle entirely, which for me is neither here nor there because I don't feel very strongly about the raffle's existence, that would not work because the point of the raffle is to be exclusive. Thus, if you're going to, say, have everyone get shimmers and tinsels, there will be another shiny new sprite as a prize, etc.

And I'm quite, quite sorry for asking, but I don't understand what you mean here, could you care to explain? Again, I'm very sorry D:

And I could ask you - why not give up on that inflated trading, and catch and breed the good stuff that is NOT caught up in all that ?

We all play in different ways. I will never trade for low gen prizes - I have better things to do with my time and my dragons. I have the pretties on my scroll - who cares how long their lineage is ?

Are you asking "who cares about thoughts of almost half of the users on DC" ?

Well, I think that if the point of the raffle is to be exclusive it must be changed. Stop.

A game where a large group of users are "whining" is a game where the majiority is not happy, so the game has to been changed a little if it wants to be fair.

There will always be a little percentage of users who will not ever happy, but it must be little, which is not right now.

I think that TJ should do a Poll in Site and in Forum where asking this:

Do you care if a dragon has a Lineage or is a CB? Do you think your game change with this difference?

- Yes, I really need CB to complete my scroll goals and do Lineages.

- I love both, CB and lineages ones, I think that both are important, but CB's can do things that Lineaged cannot.

- No, I collect just the spriters, who cares if they are with a Lineage or CB.

- I love both, CB and lineages ones, I think that both are important, but I have more fun to collect messy and inbreed ones, so I don't care so much about CB.

A game where people are forced to give up to their goals if a bad game. Obviously the goals must be reasonable and I see reasonable want to collect everything in a game born to collect everything.

Edited by Naruhina_94

You are asking "who cares about thoughts of almost half of the users on DC" ?

I can assure you, there are more than half the users on DC that care about new releases, plus, forum members' opinions hardly count as "almost half"....nor do I see almost half the support for raffles taking up the spot of new releases here.

Do you care if a dragon has a Lineage or is a CB? Do you think your game change with this difference?

This...doesn't really say anything. It's way too vague.

Edited by ylangylang

This...doesn't really say anything. It's way too vague.

How would you ask to the entire community if they prefer CB or Lineaged ones?

How would you ask to the entire community if they prefer CB or Lineaged ones?

Because, that would be totally misrepresenting the issue here. I do know that some people collect inbred or messy lineages because they love them. That has little if nothing to do with the discussion at hand, which is about specifically prize dragons.

I also know people who are only interested in certain, specific lineages, for which prize dragons are unneeded, such as rainbow lineages, or even gen lineages done with commons, so on and so forth.

So this is actually too wide to gauge what the userbase feels on this particular issue. Polls should be specific to the issue at hand, or else it's very easy to manipulate them.

Edited by ylangylang

Because, that would be totally misrepresenting the issue here. I do know that some people collect inbred or messy lineages because they love them. That has little if nothing to do with the discussion at hand, which is about specifically prize dragons.

I also know people who are only interested in certain, specific lineages, for which prize dragons are unneeded, such as rainbow lineages, or even gen lineages done with commons, so on and so forth.

So this is actually too wide to gauge what the userbase feels on this particular issue. Polls should be specific to the issue at hand, or else it's very easy to manipulate them.

I just want to know if you would prefer this or this! If your game changes by having one dragon as CB or you want just the sprite... How would I manipulate this???

We need an answer on this because there people who are BOTH saying:

Who cares how long their lineage is ?

and

It's a game about collecting dragons. The more types of dragons we can collect (and for many older players, lineages count as a 'type' just as much as the actual breed), the better.
Edited by Naruhina_94

I just want to know if you would prefer this or this! If your game changes by having one dragon as CB or you want just the sprite... How would I manipulate this???

I wouldn't care, to be honest I'm very happy with mine. Which looks like this.

mine

And again, you're missing the point. The point that I was trying to make is that "CB/Lineage" IS TOO WIDE A QUESTION TO APPLY SPECIFICALLY TO THIS SITUATION something that you seem to not understand.

When you make polls and want HONEST ANSWERS because making polls unbiased is hard, it has to be AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE

what you're asking is basically the equivalent of "do you prefer boys or girls" on a poll about sexism, tbh.

Edited by ylangylang

In a poll like that I would answer:

- I love both, CB and lineages ones, I think that both are important, but CB's can do things that Lineaged cannot.

But that does not mean that I think there should be more raffles. So what is the relationship between the two?

Edited by purplehaze