Naruhina_94

ANSWERED:More "Raffle" Times

In a poll like that I would answer:

- I love both, CB and lineages ones, I think that both are important, but CB's can do things that Lineaged cannot.

But that does not mean that I think there should be more raffles. So what is the relationship between the two?

With more raffle there are more CBs prizes and more people who can have them.

If people are like you and think that CB's can do things that Lineaged cannot they would support to do more raffles, so they could have an higher chance to get a CB and do what a lineaged prize couldn't done.

With more raffle there are more CBs prizes and more people who can have them.

If people are like you and think that CB's can do things that Lineaged cannot they would support to do more raffles, so they could have an higher chance to get a CB and do what a lineaged prize couldn't done.

NONE of this addresses the concerns that have been brought up in the thread, you're just repeating the same thing over and over again

-this gives people NOTHING to do while raffles are being announced left and right if they don't win anything

-this interferes with new releases, which imo please way more people than raffles

Unless you want to get rid of raffles altogether, which you seem to be aiming for because the aim of raffles and prizes is to be exclusive, that's their nature, I don't see why "everyone gets a prize dragon" is a good idea. Even if every. single. one. of us had tinsels and shimmers, there will be ANOTHER different prize dragon, because that's how prizes and raffles work, and then outcry for that to be distributed, etc etc...

Lastly, here's my biggest concern, have any of you ASKED the spriters of these dragons if they want their dragons' special status to disappear?

NONE of this addresses the concerns that have been brought up in the thread, you're just repeating the same thing over and over again

-this gives people NOTHING to do while raffles are being announced left and right if they don't win anything

-this interferes with new releases, which imo please way more people than raffles

Unless you want to get rid of raffles altogether, which you seem to be aiming for because the aim of raffles and prizes is to be exclusive, that's their nature, I don't see why "everyone gets a prize dragon" is a good idea. Even if every. single. one. of us had tinsels and shimmers, there will be ANOTHER different prize dragon, because that's how prizes and raffles work, and then outcry for that to be distributed, etc etc...

Lastly, here's my biggest concern, have any of you ASKED the spriters of these dragons if they want their dragons' special status to disappear?

I think it should depends by TJ's choice since this influence the game and not the spriter itself.

Also I still don't see why you are saying that this interferes with new releases if like I say there could be even more relased normal dragon than before even with two raffles instead of one...

January 29, 2013 - "Prize Dragons" were released.

Shimmer-scale Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased)

February 14 , 2013 - The "Valentine's 2013" Release occurred.

Arsani Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased)

March 4, 2013 - The "Speckle-Throated Dragons" Release occurred

Speckle-Throated Dragons were released. (1 normal dragon relased)

April 7, 2013 - The "April Release" occured.

Soulpeace Dragons and Royal Crimson Dragons were released. (2 normal dragons relased)

May 22, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 1"

Black Capped Teimarrs were released.

May 23, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 2"

Gilded Bloodscale Dragons were released.

May 24, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 3"

Black Tea Dragons were released.

May 25, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 4"

Hellhorse Dragons were released.

May 26, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 5"

Copper Dragons were released.

May 27, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 6"

Blacktip Dragons were released.

May 28, 2013 - The "7th Birthday Release Day 7"

Seragamma Wyverns were released. (DC birthday relased: 7 new dragons)

July 7, 2013 - The "July Release" occured.

Bleeding Moon Dragons and Imperial Fleshcrownes were released. (2 normal dragons relased)

August 4, 2013 - The "Two-Headed Madness Release" occured.

Two-headed Lindwurms and Duotone Dragons were released. (2 normal dragons relased)

September 8, 2013 - "September Release"

Red-finned Tidal Dragon and Yellow-Crowned Dragon (2 normal dragons relased)

October 31, 2013 - Halloween Release

Grave Dragons were released for Halloween. (none normal dragon relased)

November 30, 2013 - "Late-November Release"

Nhiostrife Wyvern (1 normal dragons relased)

December 25, 2012 - The "Christmas 2013" Release occurred.

Solstice Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased)

2013= 17 new normal dragon relased (3 Two heads and 2 breedable only)

Let's see what would happen in my suggest:

January 29, 2013 - "Prize Dragons" were released.

Shimmer-scale + tinsel Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased)

February 14 , 2013 - The "Valentine's 2013" Release occurred.

Arsani Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased)

March 4, 2013 - The "March Dragons" Release occurred

2-3 new breeds were released. (2-3 normal dragon relased)

April 7, 2013 - The "April Release" occured.

2-3 new breeds were were released. (2-3 normal dragons relased)

May 22, 2013 - The "8th Birthday Raffle"

A new Holiday Dragon is relased (Pending!!!) (None normal dragon relased) OR 1 new breed were relased (1 Normal dragon Relased) (Still pending!!!)

July 7, 2013 - The "July Release" occured.

2-3 new breeds were released. (2-3 normal dragons relased)

August 4, 2013 - The "August Release" occured.

September 8, 2013 - "September Release"

October 31, 2013 - Halloween Release

Grave Dragons were released for Halloween. (none normal dragon relased)

November 30, 2013 - "Late-November Release"

December 25, 2012 - The "Christmas 2013" Release occurred.

Solstice Dragons were released. (none normal dragon relased) + a BIg Raffle.

2014 = minimum 12 new breeds (I suppose you don't want to repeat the 7 dragons in 7 days in any case xd.png ) maximum 18 new breeds.

If you don't want an Holiday dragon to celebrate DC birhtday as Holiday I'm fine with that! Let's add another Normal Dragon, instead! So the maximum would become 19 New Normal Dragons per year smile.gif

Please, remember that there would be no June relase in both cases: DC Birhtday super relase (3+ new breeds) that a Raffle.

this gives people NOTHING to do while raffles are being announced left and right if they don't win anything

That's wrong. This gives more chances and an higher percentage to win.

Edited by Naruhina_94

No, breedwise, instead of the birthday release, which I would count as 2, we get....a holiday release...which can't breed true for the rest of the year, instead of being a permanent release.

I also fail to see WHY you've said "2-3 dragons" in your hypothetical argument with your holidays included, and not "2-3 dragons" in the normal release time. Which means, you've screwed up your maths again. If we count every single dragon as 2s, for example, yours have a smaller amount.

No, I don't count "getting a chance" as actually anything, because that's just it-a chance. Say a raffle is started in the month of July. I don't win. I have nothing ELSE to do for the REST OF THE MONTH. THAT is what I meant. On the other hand, if we have a release, I have (since my goal is to get sprites) about 7 days to a year worth (I know people who still haven't gotten their quota of coppers) of things to do.

Edited by ylangylang

No, breedwise, instead of the birthday release, which I would count as 2, we get....a holiday release...which can't breed true for the rest of the year, instead of being a permanent release.

I also fail to see WHY you've said "2-3 dragons" in your hypothetical argument with your holidays included, and not "2-3 dragons" in the normal release time. Which means, you've screwed up your maths again. If we count every single dragon as 2s, for example, yours have a smaller amount.

No, I don't count "getting a chance" as actually anything, because that's just it-a chance. Say a raffle is started in the month of July. I don't win. I have nothing ELSE to do for the REST OF THE MONTH. THAT is what I meant. On the other hand, if we have a release, I have (since my goal is to get sprites) about 7 days to a year worth (I know people who still haven't gotten their quota of coppers) of things to do.

That's wrong again since I don't see why this year we should have 7 new dragons for the 8th Birthday of Dragon Cave. There won't probably be 7 new dragons, maybe just one, so the total amount of new normal dragons if we don't change anything is: 11 or 12 if TJ want to relase 2 breeds even in May (but it's not sure since neither in March or November we had 2 new dragons).

If we add minimum 2 standard dragons per relase up to three (which is my target) we could have many more normal dragons relased. Even 19 if the suggestion of an Holiday for the Birthday isnt so welcome. I think that one normal dragon relase could be "sacrified" to get a Raffle instead, because there aren't just who want more normal dragon, but even those who still hope to win.

Why one of the two groups should totally prevail over the other? There are no reason to do this, we could both earn from a common agreement making both Normal relase AND Raffles.

I also fail to see WHY you've said "2-3 dragons" in your hypothetical argument with your holidays included, and not "2-3 dragons" in the normal release time.

I based on the last year relases. Even if we go at 2012 we can see that there are few monthes where there are more than 2 different breed relased. We need to make it "official" if you want so many normal relase.

2012: 10 New normal dragons

Edited by Naruhina_94

If a post of TJ's a year or so ago is anything to go by (and he knows more than we do) well over half the players are not on forum and have said nothing about this issue at all.

And even in this forum maybe a couple of hundred (if that) have said anything about this issue, either. Threads like this attract a vocal minority on every side of every argument. Maybe half the posters in this thread want more prizes around. What's that - maybe 30 odd forum members out of several thousand ? Even if every single post in this thread represented a player who wants it easier to get CB prizes - that's a total of - I think - 56 posts at this point. And many of us are not particularly in favour. Hardly half the players.

ETA the scheduled releases had not begun by March - nor even by the 2013 birthday. But TJ said at the time 2 for each non-holiday month - which should give us at least 16 (as he said himself that he could have done one in October but realised that too late to do it !) - as long as it isn't messed up by more raffles. And general releases benefit many more players over all.

Edited by fuzzbucket

While I'd love to see more dragons in the game, I see no point in increasing the number of raffles. Increasing the number of dragons per raffle, sure (but TJ's not in favor of that). But having more raffles? Nope, not interested. It causes too much drama and too many hard feelings. I'd much rather have more normal releases over more raffles.

Cheers!

C4.

This is my opinion, just my opinion. I do not presume to speak for anyone else.

No, I do not want more raffles. There is no reason for more.

I have mentioned that there can be other ways to enliven the period between the holiday releases without disrupting the regular releases.

If there are prize giving events whether in DC or RL, a limited number are going to win. That is the nature of prize giving. Those who don't win, who are the vast majority, are not going to be happy. The fact that those who don't win outnumber those who do and therefore a majority is unhappy about it, is not a reason to either stop prizes or to change the way prize giving is done. The only "real" way to "improve" the raffle is to allow more winners, but that is entirely up to TJ to decide.

If a post of TJ's a year or so ago is anything to go by (and he knows more than we do) well over half the players are not on forum and have said nothing about this issue at all.

And even in this forum maybe a couple of hundred (if that) have said anything about this issue, either. Threads like this attract a vocal minority on every side of every argument. Maybe half the posters in this thread want more prizes around. What's that - maybe 30 odd forum members out of several thousand ? Even if every single post in this thread represented a player who wants it easier to get CB prizes - that's a total of - I think - 56 posts at this point. And many of us are not particularly in favour. Hardly half the players.

ETA the scheduled releases had not begun by March - nor even by the 2013 birthday. But TJ said at the time 2 for each non-holiday month - which should give us at least 16 (as he said himself that he could have done one in October but realised that too late to do it !) - as long as it isn't messed up by more raffles. And general releases benefit many more players over all.

If TJ said that there MUST be just 2 new breeds per month would change everything!!! I want to see more normal dragon relased, too smile.gif

I still think that 2 or even 3 new dragons could be sacrified for a raffle, even because there is always a nice event with it and it would keep busy evrybody.

I just want to see if there are other opinions, right now smile.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

I still think that 2 or even 3 new dragons could be sacrified for a raffle, even because there is always a nice event with it and it would keep busy evrybody.

My opinion: I would much rather prefer spending my DC time on a normal release that I have a very good chance of getting the new dragons rather than another neglibible chance of winning a money printer.

And will you PLEASE look at how ridiculously saturated the Completed Request section is, have some mercy and leave the normal releases alone.

My opinion: I would much rather prefer spending my DC time on a normal release that I have a very good chance of getting the new dragons rather than another neglibible chance of winning a money printer.

And will you PLEASE look at how ridiculously saturated the Completed Request section is, have some mercy and leave the normal releases alone.

It isn't just a money printer. It would be a scroll goal for me, I want the sprite and I want that it is a CB, because I have many scroll goals xd.png I just want to collect everything, don't judge me xd.png

I have a dragon request, too. (Human Dragons) I know the feeling.

I don't really see the merit of adding new exclusive Holiday releases.

Feel free to keep discussing potential changes in raffle schedules, though.

Thanks, TJ, for letting us know which things are worth continuing to discuss and which are not. That sort of feedback is very helpful to keep us from beating our heads against a stone wall.

Thanks, TJ, for letting us know which things are worth continuing to discuss and which are not. That sort of feedback is very helpful to keep us from beating our heads against a stone wall.

I could be offended if I was your "stone wall".....

I'll update the OP, anyway. Thanks TJ smile.gif

This so much.

To be honest, I find this prize dragon focus so tedious I'd discontinue the breed altogether. I generally don't give my opinion in any of this posts because I frankly consider these raffles have been one of the worst things ever done to the cave. It has broken the trading system, and as of late, most vocal suggestions have been looking for a way to get more prize dragons (without, somehow, loosing their exclusivity, which is contradictory in itself).

As you say, I do not believe this is not a majority, they simply make a lot of noise while the rest of us go about our business not giving much of a damn about prize dragons at all. It is a bit sad that, having over 70 breeds in the cave, there is so much emphasis put on two.

This so much.

To be honest, I find this prize dragon focus so tedious I'd discontinue the breed altogether. I generally don't give my opinion in any of this posts because I frankly consider these raffles have been one of the worst things ever done to the cave. It has broken the trading system, and as of late, most vocal suggestions have been looking for a way to get more prize dragons (without, somehow, loosing their exclusivity, which is contradictory in itself).

As you say, I do not believe this is not a majority, they simply make a lot of noise while the rest of us go about our business not giving much of a damn about prize dragons at all. It is a bit sad that, having over 70 breeds in the cave, there is so much emphasis put on two.

Yep, you're right smile.gif There should be more prizes cb, so not everyone would be focused on them!

Edited by Naruhina_94

biggrin.gif The suggestion about the scheduled release might be a solution for that  biggrin.gif

In fact I approve ALL of it smile.gif

This topic only needs to see if people would like to see more raffles if this wouldn't be a problem for the normal relase wink.gif

I've said even into the OP that your suggestion is the best, and I still think the same <3

Edited by Naruhina_94

I could be offended if I was your "stone wall".....

I'll update the OP, anyway. Thanks TJ smile.gif

You're not. The stone wall, if any, was TJ and his unwillingness to have another Holiday release. Knowing that there is a stone wall between us and that goal means that we can concentrate on something that might be obtainable instead of continuing to discuss the unobtainable.

Yep, you're right smile.gif There should be more prizes cb, so not everyone would be focused on them!

I have a feeling you didn't understand what I meant.

You're not. The stone wall, if any, was TJ and his unwillingness to have another Holiday release. Knowing that there is a stone wall between us and that goal means that we can concentrate on something that might be obtainable instead of continuing to discuss the unobtainable.

Ok, I'm fine with this. smile.gif

It's just another aspect of what you said. smile.gif

Discontinuing the prizes at this point would cause far more problems than it would solve, long term. If the same prizes are used each year, eventually there will probably come a point when you can get 2nd gens easier.

If you discontinue it.... It'll be worst than Hollies were, before the raffle HMs started adding new blood. As a species, they were virtually extinct in the lower gens and still almost unobtainable in the higher gens.

And people still get up in arms about the Frills and Bright Pinks (I'm one, in the case of the Frills!) and the suggestion of any breed being retired. So.... I think discontinuing a raffle, with no corresponding way to add new CBs, would be the worst thing TJ could do.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

In fact I approve ALL of it smile.gif

This topic only needs to see if people would like to see more raffles if this wouldn't be a problem for the normal relase wink.gif

I've said even into the OP that your suggestion is the best, and I still think the same <3

I completely agree with you as always biggrin.gif The combo suggestion, of which the "more raffles" was originally a part, is still, imho, the best solution.

But... we'll see where all these discussion lead to. Hopefully in the end a complete improvement of the raffles, the prize dragon situation and the normal release, cause I already have about 50 - 100 dragons of the 500+ I'd absolutely LOVE to see released in the cave!

I like the more raffles idea with this schedule, aspecially because it would mean a bigger total release!

I think discontinuing a raffle, with no corresponding way to add new CBs, would be the worst thing TJ could do.

^^ This I completely agree with.

Edited by Sheriziya

Discontinuing the prizes at this point would cause far more problems than it would solve, long term. If the same prizes are used each year, eventually there will probably come a point when you can get 2nd gens easier.

If you discontinue it.... It'll be worst than Hollies were, before the raffle HMs started adding new blood. As a species, they were virtually extinct in the lower gens and still almost unobtainable in the higher gens.

And people still get up in arms about the Frills and Bright Pinks (I'm one, in the case of the Frills!) and the suggestion of any breed being retired. So.... I think discontinuing a raffle, with no corresponding way to add new CBs, would be the worst thing TJ could do.

Cheers!

C4.

No, no, no. By discontinuing I meant doing with them the same they did with the frills. As in gone, forever, no more breeding true, nothing.

Anyways, it is not a serious suggestion, it was just a comment to portray my thoughts on this whole prize dragon nonsense.

If TJ said that there MUST be just 2 new breeds per month would change everything!!! I want to see more normal dragon relased, too smile.gif

Here's the post (I hope) - in any case it read:

For those wondering, my (new) current aim is for a release of two breeds on the first Monday of every month.

He later changed it to Sunday.

Thinking about it just now, I should probably move this to first Sunday, so that it doesn't interfere with work or school.

And these are dragons we can all enjoy. Another raffle would mean more dragons that were very limited, together with all the associated drama..