Naruhina_94

ANSWERED:More "Raffle" Times

My main concern would be not wanting to see regular releases delayed for the sake of a tiny segment of people getting prizes. Especially with the new egg rotation in the cave that makes it easier to mine for rares without taking commons. There's going to be a rare drop off as it is once that hits the ratios. I hope at least the regular breaks with releases will break that up.

That never occurred to me - the regular releases shifting the rare ratios for hunting. NICE one. xd.png

As to an event for summer, something more simple, like the Valentine's Day Flowers. Maybe something like a water balloon fight, where a certain amount of damage done to other players gets you an entry.

I don't think you realize that this sort of thing would be a major event to pull off.

Also, even things like "simple" flower events involve a lot of work. The artists enjoy doing them, up to a point, but it's a huge amount of work on us to get everything organized and ready for TJ to do his coding magic.

I'm personally kind of opposed to adding another holiday dragon. I think it's more fun for us if TJ uses dragons that will be regularly dropped in the cave and does creative things with them. I know a lot of people stressed over the 7 dragons in 7 days, but you have to admit it was fun. It's also fun for people to look at the eggs and hatchlings of a new release and try to figure out if they saw that one in development. Since holiday dragons are always sprited in secret that little guessing game is out of the question. Plus, we have so many amazing dragons on the Completed List I'd like to see in-game. Substituting another holiday dragon for one of them just delays getting to them.

It wouldn't be enought relase 2 breeds during he normal relase ?

A normal relase (in september, for example) could relase not one but 2 new dragons and maybe last 2-3 days.

In this way the amount of "normal" dragon relased wouldn't be affected by the increase of holidays.

Edited by Naruhina_94

It wouldn't be enought relase 2 breeds during he normal relase ?

A normal relase (in september, for example) could relase not one but 2 new dragons and maybe last 2-3 days.

In this way the amount of "normal" dragon released wouldn't be affected by the increase of holidays.

A new release already has 2 dragons, and it takes several days to work them through scrolls - people like to have several pairs and they have to be caught (not always that easy with lag) and hatched.

And TJ has always said - no scheduled releases in holiday months - which means any month with an added holiday loses a regular release. The number of dragons waiting in the wings is vast.

Right now we have 3 "holiday" months - February, October and December. Also, while technically it would be possible to have a January release, as there's about 6 weeks between Christmas and Valentines, that period also contains the drawing for the raffle and all the work that brings to TJ. So we currently have only about 8 regular release months per year. Take away another one with a DC's birthday dragon and another raffle, as per this suggestion, and we're down to 7 regular release months in a year. At one to two dragons per release, that makes somewhere between 7 and 14 regular breeds released in a year, which isn't all that many considering how many concepts are waiting in the wings. And while holiday dragons are all rather special and nice, they're also limited in how and when we can get them.

As for events, we already have some kind of event for Valentines, April Fool's Day, Easter, DC's birthday (though not a mini game kind of event, but it has been some kind of special celebration), Halloween and Christmas. That's 6 celebrations of one kind or another already.

I like the idea of a birthday raffle well enough, but I'd rather not have a holiday dragon with it, but instead have TJ do something creative with the regular release. And rather than a whole "event" I'd rather some simpler method of entry.

ETA: actually, TJ did say that it would have been possible to have a regular October release, except he'd already announced there wouldn't be one when he realized it. So we could have:

January - about the 15th - release - if it's not too much with the raffle

February - 14th - Valentines

March (the 2nd this year) - regular release

April 1 - April Fool's Release (not a holiday dragon)

May (8th this year) - regular release

May 22 - DC birthday release (replaces June release)

July (6th this year) - regular release

August (3rd this year) - regular release

September (7th this year) - regular release

October (5th this year) - regular release

October 31 - Halloween

November 28 - Black Friday release

December - Christmas

Which is 10 regular release dates, each at least 2 weeks from another release or a holiday release. (the closest dates are Valentines and the March release at 2 weeks apart. All others are at least 3 weeks) This would be A Good Thing, but doesn't change my mind about adding more Holiday Dragons.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

@fuzzbucket: Hmm, first of all, I am not quite sure I do understand well what you meant by "trading votes" for the first Prize event. However, if I get it right, I feel very offended by you pointing out that "my win" (as anyone else's win in the first year) might not have been fair.

On topic: I would love to see more prize dragons being distributed between players. And all those events and minigames are something very exciting once you get bored with the "actual DC game". The question is if they should happen more often or if the current situation is just fine. The main problem for me (and for many others who want to attend all the events and/or get all the badges) is that missing such event might be very frustrating. The more events, the more chances to miss one.

Therefore I would say: it's ok as it is now.

I'd agree - it is hard to try and be there for every event as it is. I am even going to have issues with Valentine's this year sad.gif

I mean, we are civilly discussing, why are you all so defeatists? If you don't like something I've proposed please suggest something else that it's better your opinion, but it cannot be the same that we already have since if there are so many people complaining right now, there must be a reason. sad.gif

And I'm not bored, I'm just trying to do something good to improve the game, since this is what it supposed to do this section dry.gif

{}

- Could we do a mini-raffle for the Summer with just HM as prizes?

Okay, my suggestion: FIX what we already have. I made that suggestion in my last post. Nothing in this thread has convinced me that making another raffle, another event that takes a lot of time and effort behind-the-scenes *and* brings a LOT of drama (because ALL raffles will), nothing has shown me that might be the best way to go here. Like fuzz pointed out, there are TONS of current issues with the raffle/events, and I don't really see that changing if you add another raffle.

Especially if the "mini-raffle" in the summer is just for HM-prizes. We will STILL have all the drama-llama about the regular raffle, the rarity of the Prize dragons, the tiny number of people getting CBs of them, how poorly they breed, how "unfair" the whole thing is.... Nothing at *all* will be solved by adding a mini-raffle that only gives HM prizes.

If there is another raffle that gives Prize dragons... That's a very, very big can of worms. Are the ratios going to stay the same? A HUGE complaint about the Prize dragons is simply that they are way too *rare*. They very rarely breed true. If *more* Prize dragons are given out via another raffle, well every single CB Prize dragon is one LESS that will be bred. Since their crappy breeding is *already* such a huge issue.... How is that a good thing?

We have *plenty* of Holiday events/dragons/etc already, I *definitely* don't think we need more. How is an event special if we have them all the time? Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, and then an Easter-egg-event, I think that's more then enough "special" things. I like DragonCave for it's relative simplicity, I like breeding and raising dragons and just playing the game itself, there are already plenty of events throughout the year, why can't the game just be.... the game?

This is my opinion, just my opinion. I do not presume to speak for anyone else.

If the problem being addressed is that there is a long period between events - Feb til Oct - I did suggest once a "Christmas in July" (or whatever month seems appropriate) when for 1 week our trees, wreaths, and or whatever other past holiday events are deemed appropriate could be opened up for us to play with. All the coding is in place. Nothing new would need to be done (I think) except to reopen them for that period. It would involve no new work for anyone except whatever TJ would have to do to reopen the already done codes. It would help the long summer doldrums without (I think) creating too much work, drama, upset. Of course, I asked if this were workable a long time ago and TJ has not responded, but it seems to me to be an idea that could help if the long period between events is what we want to see changed.

Although July 4th is a US holiday, it would be great to have a midsummer thing, event or release just for the sake of the mid year all over the world. And I LOVE the idea of more games/events. I've only been here for Snow Wars, but that was extremely fun! Between collecting eggs, I could play those kinds of games every day!

I'm also thinking, maybe add one holiday for every country, making one dragon release with their country's colors. I'd love to see a red, white and blue dragon. I'd even love doing lineages for different country dragons. Just a thought.

If the problem being addressed is that there is a long period between events - Feb til Oct - I did suggest once a "Christmas in July" (or whatever month seems appropriate) when for 1 week our trees, wreaths, and or whatever other past holiday events are deemed appropriate could be opened up for us to play with. All the coding is in place. Nothing new would need to be done (I think) except to reopen them for that period. It would involve no new work for anyone except whatever TJ would have to do to reopen the already done codes. It would help the long summer doldrums without (I think) creating too much work, drama, upset. Of course, I asked if this were workable a long time ago and TJ has not responded, but it seems to me to be an idea that could help if the long period between events is what we want to see changed.

Now, THAT would be EXCELLENT !

St. Patrick's or Easter raffles might be nice to see, too!

But in general, I like this idea. More chances to win, and all that. cool.gif

yes, this could be nice to re-done previuosly games smile.gif

I could understand that ^^

What about raffles? what do you think about? It seems that almost a great part of users would like to have more than one raffle per year.

I would prefer to play different games to have 2 different tickets, what's your opinion?

Edited by Naruhina_94

What about raffles? what do you think about? It seems that almost a great part of users would like to have more than one raffle per year.

I would prefer to play different games to have 2 different tickets, what's your opinion?

Asides from "I want a CB Prize because I didn't win last times boohoo ;((((((((", I have yet to find be a good valid reason in this thread why another raffle should happen.

To much raffles (Yes, even when only two a year) will soon turn into a "Daily giveaway/handout".

Edited by Xythus

How will it turn into that? Are you saying players will expect that two raffles a year will increase into constant handouts? Or are you saying that it'll be a slippery slope of adding more raffles into the game beyond the extra one? Or something else?

Asides from "I want a CB Prize because I didn't win last times boohoo ;((((((((", I have yet to find be a good valid reason in this thread why another raffle should happen.

To much raffles (Yes, even when only two a year) will soon turn into a "Daily giveaway/handout".

To increase the numer of CB prizes in game, that are the only ones that could do 2nd gen. Since this is the problem, only a very small part of gamers as a 2nd gen.

Here seems one of the best way to increase this numer and slow down the demand.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...view=getnewpost

The only other things that we could do are:

- Improve the numer of eggs and chances to do them for CB prizes only (but it seems like gift money to a rich person since it's not writed anywere that the 2nd gen will be more traded by the Cb owners in this case)

- Relase the CB prizes in the cave following this suggestion: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...147301&st=1060#

In any other case we will have complaings and bad feeling for a loooong time.

Maybe it's a little childish say: I want a CB Prize because I didn't win last times boohoo ;((((((((, but at the same time if so many players don't feel good with the current situation (there are 58 pages to prove that) I think that something should change. Also this is a collecting game, if I want to collect something and I cannot despite my efforts isn't good.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Also this is a collecting game, if I want to collect something and I cannot despite my efforts isn't good.

I get that mentality, but on the other hand, at least we can still collect the sprites. Not caveborn unless we win the raffle, maybe not right after new prizes get released and they're harder to find, but the sprites do end up on people's scrolls. If we prioritize caveborn over lineaged, that's on us.

I guess I'm just thinking of all those collection games out there where they have donation-only items, that you can only *ever* get with real money, and personally I wouldn't like that as much as what we've got going on.

(Of course this doesn't at all address the "domination of the trade market" thing. Just this one aspect.)

Edited by diaveborn

I get that mentality, but on the other hand, at least we can still collect the sprites. Not caveborn unless we win the raffle, maybe not right after new prizes get released and they're harder to find, but the sprites do end up on people's scrolls. If we prioritize caveborn over lineaged, that's on us.

I guess I'm just thinking of all those collection games out there where they have donation-only items, that you can only *ever* get with real money, and personally I wouldn't like that as much as what we've got going on.

I totally agree with you smile.gif DC is the best online adopt game especially for this reason, in my opinion.

Anyway I would like to see a pool (visible from the site, not only from the forum) where is asked if you care abut lineages or not.

If the the majority of people say "yes, I care about lineage", than the game description should change a bit, since lineage would become a part of it.

@diaveborn: Yes, the "it'll be a slippery slope of adding more raffles into the game beyond the extra one". Just like that children's book, If you give a Mouse a Cookie. If TJ keeps on giving out raffles, then the people who did not win are obviously going to be unsatisfied, and those people are going to keep on demanding more. Pretty much like how this thread came to be, no? wink.gif These dragons are not called "rare", "exclusive", "prizes" for nothing.

Actually, the cave does not assign value, only the users do and have a problem with it. To the cave, a 8th gen prize is the same exact thing as a 2nd gen prize. Maybe 58 pages do show a bunch of unhappy people, but just because they complain doesn't mean TJ has an obligation to go and satisfy everyone. Also, your assumption that all "rich" owners will use their CB prizes to ask for ridiculous things is rude; its their dragon, they don't need to trade offspring or even breed them if they don't want to. There are people who simply gift away everything and never ask for anything.

Do I want a CB Prize? Heck yeah, but I didn't win and thats that.

Do I want a 2nd gen? Of course!

I've been around for three raffles and been here since 2009, but does that make me entitled to anything? Absolutely not.

Edited by Xythus

@diaveborn: Yes, the "it'll be a slippery slope of adding more raffles into the game beyond the extra one". Just like that children's book, If you give a Mouse a Cookie. If TJ keeps on giving out raffles, then the people who did not win are obviously going to be unsatisfied, and those people are going to keep on demanding more. Pretty much like how this thread came to be, no? wink.gif These dragons are not called "rare", "exclusive", "prizes" for nothing.

Actually, the cave does not assign value, only the users do and have a problem with it. To the cave, a 8th gen prize is the same exact thing as a 2nd gen prize. Maybe 58 pages do show a bunch of unhappy people, but just because they complain doesn't mean TJ has an obligation to go and satisfy everyone. Also, your assumption that all "rich" owners will use their CB prizes to ask for ridiculous things is rude; its their dragon, they don't need to trade offspring or even breed them if they don't want to. There are people who simply gift away everything and never ask for anything.

Do I want a CB Prize? Heck yeah, but I didn't win and thats that.

Do I want a 2nd gen? Of course!

I've been around for three raffles and been here since 2009, but does that make me entitled to anything? Absolutely not.

I don't like to sit and watch without say nothing if I don't like something. I prefer make useful this section, thanks. TJ has no obligation to go and satisfy everyone, that should be a goal of the game, in my opinion.

I don't want to be rude, I'm the first who say that prize owner can do what the censorkip.gif they want with their CB prize dragons, even kill them if they like so! xd.png

I think it's rude calling us insatiable for something that we cannot even taste.

I still think that without users there isn't a game unsure.gif And that even patience should be awarded xd.png

EDIT:

I'm an italian player and every post it's difficult to make without mistakes, without offend someone because I could use wrong words... If I'm insisting is because I care about to DC, and maybe I with many others could help to improve.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I'm not offended, its just that your suggestion isn't much of a solution. You said you wanted more prizes given out in the raffle, correct? But how much is "more"? No matter how many winners there are, the fact remains that the losing pool will always be larger and always be unhappy.

I'm not offended, its just that your suggestion isn't much of a solution. You said you wanted more prizes given out in the raffle, correct? But how much is "more"? No matter how many winners there are, the fact remains that the losing pool will always be larger and always be unhappy.

Nope, I said there should be more raffles, so maybe there could be a better prize distribution since not everyone could eneter in both raffles.

Anyway, I totally agree with you! No matter how many winners there are, the fact remains that the losing pool will always be larger and always be unhappy.

In fact prize should be relased into the cave following this suggestion: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...147301&st=1060# proposed by Sheriziya smile.gif

BUT it doesn't seems so popular, there are too many people that cannot accept a so revolutionary thing.

I've just followed the main idea of a looong topic, since this seemed the greatest way to make happy more people as possibile smile.gif

@Xythus: If you are here to collect sprites, you have a long way to go, regardless, maybe 4-5 months? If you are here to collect lineages, you've got years and years of work ahead of you. Which one do you think people like more?

I totally agree with you smile.gif DC is the best online adopt game especially for this reason, in my opinion.

Anyway I would like to see a pool (visible from the site, not only from the forum) where is asked if you care abut lineages or not.

If the the majority of people say "yes, I care about lineage", than the game description should change a bit, since lineage would become a part of it.

And THAT would be the day I quit DragonCave.

USERS can be all lineage-obsessed, I don't really give a crap. *I* don't care about that, so I'm willing to take the inbred and messy-lineaged eggs that pop up in the AP. The eggs that *many* users would never touch, would rather let die (even pick up and deliberately kill them).

I am very, *very* thankful that DragonCave itself does *not* care about lineages. My scroll would be one huge pile of crap if there was some sort of in-game value to low or pretty lineages.

It hurts absolutely no one that lineage is a user-driven thing. You don't wanna play the CB-rare battle, don't. You can still play the *game* in all it's glory without struggling to obtain good trading lines. If that changes, and DC itself becomes lineage-obsessed like those users, TONS of people lose out.

I honestly don't even want to imagine what it would mean for the game if lineages were considered. Would inbred dragons be coded to not have successful breedings, or have some sort of negative impact on the egg? Would 15+ gen dragons be coded to breed less? How would "lineages" really affect DC? If MANY users had their way, no inbred or messy-lineaged dragons would ever breed again. I've seen that expressed a *lot* on these forums. Which is why I'm *very glad* DC doesn't care about lineages.

Another great suggestion by you, it seems!

I'd prefer raffle option one. Or whichever option had the small raffles with one big Christmas one. The event in July could maybe be a made up holiday for DC or something like that. Or it can just be a mid-year raffle. Either way, I'm fine with it.

However, I think the prize numbers in the raffle should be lowered. I added them all together, and I think the amount of raffle prizes total each year should be below 150, until the active user base grows more.