Naruhina_94

ANSWERED:More "Raffle" Times

No, I don't want any more raffles, please and thank you. The one we have is enough, IMO. Honestly, I'd rather have the (one and only one) raffle moved to later in the year (summer sounds good) and changed to a system where (as others have suggested) you get an entry just by logging in. Heck, have it during a release period. That way, people are logging in to get new dragons, and--oh, hey--they get an entry into a raffle! One entry per person, I think. Then folks will have the chance to get a new, regular release dragon, and some of them would have the possibility of *also* getting a prize dragon. (I'm sure there's a downside in there somewhere, but it's 2:30 in the morning for me, and I'm a little fuzzy.) And then the Christmas event could just be about having fun and collecting the Christmas dragons, without the added stress of the raffle.

On a side note, I also liked Raindear's suggestion that there be a "Christmas in July" (or whenever) type of event, in which users could revisit past holiday events and play with them again, though I'd like to be able to revisit the Halloween events (especially the haunted house!) as well as the Christmas ones (I can't remember now if that was mentioned before).

Oh, as far as raffle prizes, I would like to see the number of winners increased, so that prizes go to a larger percentage of the players. But since the raffles inevitably produce drama, I would *really* prefer if that drama was kept to once a year.

But since the raffles inevitably produce drama, I would *really* prefer if that drama was kept to once a year.

You took the words out of my mouth xd.png

Teams would disadvantage non-forum players - and there are a lot - and I reiterate that many of them CANNOT join any forum, so no that is not their choice.

Actually, what I'd like to see would be - as well as the large raffle at Christmas - small weekly Prize raffles, something simple that ?maybe TJ could pretty much automate? (No idea about this stuff myself, lol.)

I Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze of each type, auto-entry (single-entry weekly, except during New Releases,) of everyone actually having been on DC the previous week, or perhaps having some check-point to click when coming on? (perhaps on the top of their scrolls?) no big hype for the little ones, just an announcement where people can check to see if they've won, ?maybe on the top of people's scrolls as well? for those not on the forums?

Then instead of there being a (virtually non-existent) chance to win once a year only, with a big crash for possibly most of the entire population following this to last the rest of that year, there would also be almost continual (virtually non-existent) chances to win a Prize most weeks, and a tiny increase in the breeding pool year-round - although we do again get back to a need to increase Prize self-reproduction rates.

This might also encourage people to come back, at least weekly, from hiatus, and maybe get sucked back into the DC obsession, if there's stuff going on.

But then, even for those having no hope of actually winning, there would be that (granted, virtually imperceptible, but real,) incremental increase in the breeding population on such a regular basis that there would be new breeders/lists to (however faintly) hope to get on practically all of the time, (which would mean more 2nd gens breeding 3rd gens, with more variety in mates, and perhaps more even-gens as well,) and those with hope of actually winning would have it, however faintly, every week, rather than a massive, do-or-die-this-year-hope once annually, to be dashed - for some of them to then soak in this disappointment for another 12 months.

With not only the annual big raffle but also a tiny but steady incoming supply of Prize dragons, rather than an ongoing attrition throughout the year, perhaps we could even go on to having new sprites every few years, and get some Prize variety in a situation no longer quite as desperate as that which has obtained under the current degree of scarcity of low-gen Prizes, which scarcity has caused so much dysfunction within the site.

The largest issue is, of course, not so much with people not winning, but with the lousy reproduction rate of so few Prizes among such a large population of rabid dragon collectors typically wanting low-gens, with 2nd gens having specific mates strongly desired by many, for lineages.

With a tiny but at least ever-increasing (rather than potentially decreasing through attrition rates) chance of players someday getting the low-gens they want, the edge should begin to come off the desperation, and over time, perhaps the site could begin to somewhat normalize, and dragons again become valued for their sprites, rather than what they might bring in exchange for something else probably unattainable to most.

Actually, what I'd like to see would be - as well as the large raffle at Christmas - small weekly Prize raffles, something simple that ?maybe TJ could pretty much automate? (No idea about this stuff myself, lol.)

I Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze of each type, auto-entry (single-entry weekly, except during New Releases,) of everyone actually having been on DC the previous week, or perhaps having some check-point to click when coming on? (perhaps on the top of their scrolls?) no big hype for the little ones, just an announcement where people can check to see if they've won, ?maybe on the top of people's scrolls as well? for those not on the forums?

Then instead of there being a (virtually non-existent) chance to win once a year only, with a big crash for possibly most of the entire population following this to last the rest of that year, there would also be almost continual (virtually non-existent) chances to win a Prize most weeks, and a tiny increase in the breeding pool year-round - although we do again get back to a need to increase Prize self-reproduction rates.

This might also encourage people to come back, at least weekly, from hiatus, and maybe get sucked back into the DC obsession, if there's stuff going on.

But then, even for those having no hope of actually winning, there would be that (granted, virtually imperceptible, but real,) incremental increase in the breeding population on such a regular basis that there would be new breeders/lists to (however faintly) hope to get on practically all of the time, (which would mean more 2nd gens breeding 3rd gens, with more variety in mates, and perhaps more even-gens as well,) and those with hope of actually winning would have it, however faintly, every week, rather than a massive, do-or-die-this-year-hope once annually, to be dashed - for some of them to then soak in this disappointment for another 12 months.

With not only the annual big raffle but also a tiny but steady incoming supply of Prize dragons, rather than an ongoing attrition throughout the year, perhaps we could even go on to having new sprites every few years, and get some Prize variety in a situation no longer quite as desperate as that which has obtained under the current degree of scarcity of low-gen Prizes, which scarcity has caused so much dysfunction within the site.

The largest issue is, of course, not so much with people not winning, but with the lousy reproduction rate of so few Prizes among such a large population of rabid dragon collectors typically wanting low-gens, with 2nd gens having specific mates strongly desired by many, for lineages.

With a tiny but at least ever-increasing (rather than potentially decreasing through attrition rates) chance of players someday getting the low-gens they want, the edge should begin to come off the desperation, and over time, perhaps the site could begin to somewhat normalize, and dragons again become valued for their sprites, rather than what they might bring in exchange for something else probably unattainable to most.

I really like this suggest, I think that the disappointement of not win could decrease if you havn't to wait an entire year to have another little chance.

This would be something really similar with the Summoning and I like it.

How many people would change the current situation of Summon a Guardian of Nature?

How many would prefer to have an higher chance just one time per year instead of many tries?

I agree with everything you said, even if I would add that those that have already won a CB gold shimmer cannot win again a 2nd one until they win also 1 CB silver shimmer and 1 bronze shimmer, and vice versa. Same with tinsel.

I would prefer not see people complaining about: "uff, I'm su unlucky! I've won 3 CB silver shimmers and neither a CB gold one!".

I think I could risk to be aggressive xd.png