diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

Has anyone else noticed this line on the Carmine shoulder? Is it supposed to be there? My eyes are confused when looking at it. It kinda looks like a spike growing out of the shoulder, but I wasn't sure.

user posted image

Has anyone else noticed this line on the Carmine shoulder? Is it supposed to be there? My eyes are confused when looking at it. It kinda looks like a spike growing out of the shoulder, but I wasn't sure.

user posted image

I could be wrong but I think that is a part/fold of the wing.

Edited by TheAkatsuki

Bringing to front page to make it easier to find.

Wow, these dragons are one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen! ohmy.gif Thank you spriters for creating them! wub.gif

I can't wait to get a yellow version too! biggrin.gif

Wow, these dragons are one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen! ohmy.gif Thank you spriters for creating them! wub.gif

I can't wait to get a yellow version too! biggrin.gif

Have to agree with you Windy! wink.gif

I'm going to get as many as I can catch for a long while laugh.gif

I always loved Little Art Girl's approach to shading - it's great to see some of her work in the cave! smile.gif They're not my favourite dragons, but they're fantastically sprited.

I still haven't figured out which colour variant I like more. Neither quite hits a sweet spot with me, but they're both very pretty, regardless, and I expect them to look really nice in lineages! happy.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

user posted image

That's the propatagium--the membrane between the wing's shoulder and wrist. Some artists do pro propatagia like that depending on style, breed, and/or pose. For example, all of Flight Rising's dragons have propatagia like that.

I just saw the grown up Undines on my scroll, and literally gasped at how amazing they look.

I'm happy to have the Undines, but still a little sad at the lack of yellow Undines - I happen to love that coloring. I think the colors compliment each other really well, better than the standard green coloring. *sits outside the dragon breeding grounds and holds up "Yellow Undines or Bust" protest sign*

That's the propatagium--the membrane between the wing's shoulder and wrist. Some artists do pro propatagia like that depending on style, breed, and/or pose. For example, all of Flight Rising's dragons have propatagia like that.

As a curious reader, I've got to admit I'm still confused and I can't quite resolve it as a propatagium in my visual reading of the sprite. Basically, it's the second vertical 'black' line that's confusing. Is it supposed to show that the membrane is really thick?

http://draco.thorngale.net/carmine-wyvern-propatagium.png [Edit: Changed to link for size, oops.]

Please pardon the terrible sketch in Paint (especially since it isn't accurate, starting at the shoulder - it ought to go to the neck).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I understand the confusion, and can't quite resolve it, myself - I wouldn't expect a line to cross the arm before the shoulder, belonging to the propatagium, if the neck is stretched out like that. (Mind you, I've honestly probably just been staring too long at the pixel close-up; I never noticed the second vertical line on it on my own.)

Regarding Flight Rising, I found this dragon species that does it - http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8069534_f260.jpg (which I feel work because of the stark neck curve that'd be pulling the membrane to drape over the shoulder), but as a non-player, paging through various dragons, it looked like the exception to me. http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013090...86/Tidelord.png - this is more like what I'm used to; or http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7655/765411_350.png, which has some of the 'spike' effect, but at the same angle as the upper arm portion of the wing.

That being said, I'm easily anatomically confused, so this definitely isn't criticism. I'm just trying to rephrase the original question, because I'm also curious. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

I completely missed this release and i am not happy <3

are these super rare or what, because usually even if im late to the party i can find the eggs and i havent seen /any/ yet

Sorry about that, Whitefire. They are still falling, just not in cave-blocking numbers. They were the last of the scheduled releases - which raised a lot of hackles.

I just wish those darned yellow ones were obtainable as CBs!

I was thinking, what is the color of Undines is based on generations?

Was late in grabbing the new Sept. eggs. Didn't get my3 until the 26th of Sept. So far only have 3 - 2 hatchlings and 1 egg with hole in it. Once they gender I guess I will have to pick up 3 more and make these ones the opposite gender to the first batch. Thanks for the eggies-they look pretty. Still trying to get a yellow undine with no luck in breeding for one.

Do the three Pyralspite varietes have different rarities?

I'm having no problems getting Pyropes, but I'm hardly ever seeing Almandine and Spessartine, and when I do they're being grabbed by faster fingers than mine.

Pyropes are definitely the most common, and sometimes stick around for a few minutes before someone picks them up. I've only seen one Almandine recently and no Spessartines.

I'm having no problems getting Pyropes, but I'm hardly ever seeing Almandine and Spessartine, and when I do they're being grabbed by faster fingers than mine.

Pyropes are common, yeah. As for Spessartines; I've been rare-hunting in the Coast today, and there have been a few. Not a lot... but one (or sometimes two) every few drops. They're definitely snapped up quickly, though.

Almandines are the most valuable, so although I haven't been hunting much in the Alpine, I'd assume that they're a little harder to find than the Spessartines.

Pyrope < Spessartine < Almandine

Still a little disappointed that there was no dimorphism in the Pyralspites.

Still a little disappointed that there was no dimorphism in the Pyralspites.

Yeah BUT... they are pretty enough that that makes up for it, IMO. biggrin.gif

Almandines are the most valuable, so although I haven't been hunting much in the Alpine, I'd assume that they're a little harder to find than the Spessartines.

Pyrope < Spessartine < Almandine

I must be missing something. Why would the Almandines be most valuable?

If talking about the gems, Almandines are the most common of all garnets.

Edited by _Sin_

I think the Almandines were just overgrabbed to start, a few people said they were rarer, then everyone went OMG MUST GET ALL OF THEM and because people took more less were produced.

Well, I would be glad if that relaxes some time because I have all the Pyropes I need for breeding plans but would still want to collect more spessartines and almandines^^ They don't appear tooften in the trade threads, too.