diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

I haven't yet updated the thread with April's release, but the thread's now open for talking about April's dragons :)

I like both drakes! I would be fun to see the Glaucus Wyverns released as well. Then we'd have both the drakes and Wyverns. That would be a special thing, I think smile.gif

The Howlers are great as well. I'm not sure about any lineages yet. Perhaps I'll just wait and see if more drakes are being released in the future to see about fitting lineages.

I looked at the Howler's description and immediately thought, "Yup, that's me." :L Not sure if that's a good thing...

All kidding aside, these are some very cool looking dragons, especially the Glaucuses(?) ^^ Glad I came back in time to pick up/influence my own!

Now open for discussion :)

I still haven't seen adults yet but I've seen everything else - I love all the colors! Silver and black are really nice together with that bright blue highlight. (Most of the time I have my sroll sorted by date so having the two new breeds together will be fun to look at when I scroll past, I think!)

I think these two really deserve a lineage together. The black, silver and blue complement each other so well, and the whole blue fire theme is just delicious. This is my favorite release of the year so far. wub.gif

I really like all the avatars and to give them an important name I've take my beloved Eragon's books and used the Ancient Language.

I've named this dragon Saphira, this dragon Glaedr and this one Thorn but guess what? There are none green dragons T_T My dream right now is that a new avatar will be implemented, a green one to have Fìrnen, too.

sad.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

Open!

My favorite are the Cassare. I really like their color, and the arc made by their wings and head balanced with the shape of the tail and the negative space. I also really love the breed description.

I think I like the Cassares the most. I already loved their hatchlings, though I do agree with someone who posted in the news topic they looked like on of the pygmies. The Carmine hatchlings were.... weird, I think. It kinda reminded me of the shaggy dragon from the completed list. I do like the adults, however, so it all worked out smile.gif

The Blue-banded's head looks a little bit weird. Maybe its the combination of the frills and the marking under the eye, but I had to look closely to find the eye. I do like the colors used, though, so overal I like the dragon a lot too!

I like them all, to varying degrees. I never did get a chance to thank the spriter's, my head is full of Swiss cheese these days...

So THANK YOU to everyone involved, who put so much hard work into giving us new dragons.

I think the blue-banded might have to be my favorite, although the Cassare is close behind. Blue is my favorite color biggrin.gif

I also thought the Cassare hatchling would be perfect as a pygmy, and I still want more pygmies. I've stopped holding my breath waiting for new ones, having turned blue and passed out a few times (maybe that's why my head is so disorganized?) but I may just have to freeze a few of these S2's smile.gif

I look forward to having all of these on my scroll. I don't seem to see the flaws people have pointed out, maybe because with my poor eyesight (even with glasses) I have always tended to look at the overall view, rather than the detailed.

I wish there was some dimorphism for the Cassare, it feels like it would be incredibly amazing, but oh, well.

Thanks again for giving us a few more dragons to delight us smile.gif

(edited for spelling, even after reading 3 times before posting!!!)

Edited by daba555

I think the Carmine is my favourite sprite. The colours just seem to go really well, and the pose is all dynamic and stuff. That said, the Cassare is definitely the winner for me as far as the breed concept goes. It almost seems like they should have a BSA or something. I'm not as fond of the Blue-Banded, though, I think there's been a lot of blue/white/navy dragons released recently.

Not my favorite release, to be honest. We've had some really amazing dragons, and it is hard competition at this point.

However, I usually don't voice my opinions but this time I felt I needed to. Some have already pointed it out but I want to give my own personal feedback. The Blue-banded dragon is absolutely amazing. I love the bipedal position, the way the arms and tail seem to balance it out perfectly, how it gains a solid stepping (that's not an easy thing to do) and overall it looks great.

Then there is the head. It looks very small. I have a very large screen, and yet I had to get close to it to appreciate how the head was shapped. The short snout does not give it justice, and the colors make it seem as if it has some huge, anime like eye, instead of it being the white part in the jaw. A larger head, longer snout and more defined outlines would improve this dragon a lot.

This could easily become a favorite between the userbase, but the head is just too notable.

I was really late to comment on the release as I had problems with my connection, but I want to say one thing:

BLUE-BANDS. [HEAVY BREATHING]

Am I the only one here thinking stripes are in fashion this year? :'D I love this trend.

Mine are still eggs/ hatchlings, but I have to say I love the adult sprites of this release set! I like how the stripe pattern of the Blue Banded Dragon runs across the wings. The colours of the Carmine Wyvern are great, it reminds me of a tropical bird, but I can't quite remember what kind at the moment xd.png. My favourite would have to be the Cassare Dragon though. That head shape is beautiful <3.

Thank you spriters for this selection! happy.gif

I have semi good luck. I didn't influence and didn't have access to a computer from shortly after mine hatched till now and I have two male-female pairs out of three. Not bad overall. Now I just need to snag a female Cassare. I might also need a pronunciation guide. 'Cass-air', with the first 'a' short and the second long do you think?

I might also need a pronunciation guide. 'Cass-air', with the first 'a' short and the second long do you think?

I've been saying/reading it that way as well. (Though I do call them Cassowaries, alternatively.) Unfortunately one of those Cassare pairs refused, so I have to flip mates next week. >.<

Once I finally got a good look at them, are the Blue Bands supposed to have wings? Or are their wings more like the "fins" on a Dorsal dragon?

user posted imageuser posted image

And as another note, the mature hatchlings for both had more distinct "wings" than the adult.

Once I finally got a good look at them, are the Blue Bands supposed to have wings? Or are their wings more like the "fins" on a Dorsal dragon?

And as another note, the mature hatchlings for both had more distinct "wings" than the adult.

They're wings. They have horizontal wing fingers whereas the fin has vertical indents/shading to show shape.

They do have cute little facial frills, though.

The defiantly have wings. It's a little confusing at first because of the way the stripes go. I really like the cassare dragons, love the long tail and the spines on the neck.

I might also need a pronunciation guide. 'Cass-air', with the first 'a' short and the second long do you think?

Maybe we should ask Nectaris. biggrin.gif

I think it's Italian http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cassare cassare: to delete, to reverse that would make sense, as they reverse or delete the effects of magic, right? So it would sound kind of like cass-a-re.

I found a pronunciation you can listen to here: http://de.forvo.com/word/cassare/

I've missed this release. To be honest, I'm not that fond of the new dragons, but the description of the Cassare is really great! Still I look forward to go hunting them laugh.gif

Maybe we should ask Nectaris. biggrin.gif

I think it's Italian http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cassare cassare: to delete, to reverse that would make sense, as they reverse or delete the effects of magic, right? So it would sound kind of like cass-a-re.

I found a pronunciation you can listen to here: http://de.forvo.com/word/cassare/

More likely Latin: http://www.latin-dictionary.net/search/latin/cassare

To Void or To Destroy, though that's a bit quibblly, since Italian is kind of basically modern Latin.