zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

So after doing a search to see if there's any kind of discussion thread about this, I decided to make one.

Far as I can tell, every single CB Undine egg has hatched into a green variant. Which means more likely than not, the alts are going to be breedable only.

Anyone have theories as to what they need to be bred with to get yellow, and if the yellow variant would be super rare or just as easy to get as bred greens?

I know some people were lucky with earthquake and so have bred eggs already, but I doubt any of them are going to hatch soon.

With that being said! My theory is that they'll breed yellow with certain breeds of dragon, either based on biome or based on color, since those two 'types' are already in place.

As this is pretty much the main topic of the News thread this thread would be a duplicate of the News at this time. Once the News thread closes this thread will be reopened (unless we figure out how to get yellow undines before then).

I'm going to try to breed mine with Magma's (once they open) to see if the steam part of this will result in Yellows.

I've bred a MountXMount egg atm, piddling around for the rest to emerge.

Undine x Undine - not interested

Undine x Cassare - not interested

Undine x Cassare - Undine egg!!!!!!!!!

Now the wait begins. It's a pretty color combo no matter the results.

EDIT - got an Undine x Undine now! Woot!

Edited by topaz08

I have two bred undine eggs (undine x green copper) that should hatch in about 29 hours - I'll post if they are "yellow" then.

I have pretty much 1 of most dragons on the site, and I influenced my Undies to be be both genders, feel free to suggest breeding pairs to me.

(I kinda wanna do undie x old pink lol)

I'm sure people wanna breed them with yellow things, I might try mine with a GoN or something silly

Edited by lindsy95

I am breeding PB green undies by location first and mixed location PB's.

Forest x forest = yellow

Mountain x Mountain = yellow

Forest (M) x mountain (F) = yellow

Mountain (M) x forest (F) = TBA (refusal, no egg and no egg)

Will update as soon as they all hatch.

Edited by littleblackdog

I can't wait for mine to grow up! Until then, I'll be watching this thread to see how to get the pretty yellow ones.

I'm just REALLY disappointed that we'll never have CB yellows. Now I have to wait to see if my Gold/Undie hatches yellow. MORE waiting. Arghhh.

Is anyone else finding them hard to breed? I got a refusal and a no egg produced before finally getting a 2nd gen. Waiting on my other two to grow to see how they do in breeding.

Edit: Final verdict for this breeding attempt is two eggs (one from a rosebud and one from a water horse), one no egg produced, and two refusals.

Edited by Jazeki

Is anyone else finding them hard to breed? I got a refusal and a no egg produced before finally getting a 2nd gen. Waiting on my other two to grow to see how they do in breeding.

Yes smile.gif My first two were no egg and then a refusal.

I'm not having a hard time breeding them. smile.gif

I have two pb eggs.

Parents are Forest x Forest and Mountain (M) x Forest (F).

Edit: Just got another refusal.

Yes, both of my females refused their intended mate. sleep.gif

Don't forget about fertility. :B

(I imagine most people don't, but I certainly do...)

Just wanted to point out that the two dragons that the undines chose to successfully breed with were from the cave. The ones that they refused and had no interest with were from the desert, forest, and coast. I did not try breeding purebred dragons this time around, but I'm not sure if that will have any effect on the yellow outcome.

Edited by Jazeki

Yay my thread is official!

Judging by the difficulty in breeding them, I think it is safe to say that these dragons are considered rare... or at least uncommon. Also since I haven't even seen any in-cave...

I just happen to be egglocked right now so when things hatch in about 7 hours I'll try my luck breeding.

Edited by zaverxi

Four new adults = four tickets to the yellow undies lottery! laugh.gif So let's see what happens...

F undie x M hellfire = undine egg

F undie x M gold metallic = no egg produced

M undie x F old pink = undine egg

M undie x F frill = no interest

Well, two out of four isn't bad! Now the hard part: waiting to see what they hatch into!

I hope it's something funky and unexpected, instead of just another bred alt with a random (low) chance like Blacks and Vines. Like the golden Undines must be bred or caught on the night of the full moon or something. tongue.gif We already have dragons whose appearance changes after the solstices/equinoxes (seasonals), so having another influenced by heavenly motions on a schedule is not unprecedented. Water is affected by the moon. Is my theory too outrageous? laugh.gif

The full moon is August 10 this month, btw.

Edited by Tecca

My friend remembers these being worked on, but sadly she doesn't remember how to get the yellow ones. She DID have an interesting idea, though.

Since these are water spirit dragons, how about breeding them with 'contaminant' dragons? Since yellow water is generally not very healthy looking.

She suggests dragons that make luminas shed their scales.

Dragons such as: turpentines, brimstones, waterhorses, albinos, fever wyverns, and other 'dirty' dragons.

It's a good a theory as any I think. It makes sense too.

As soon as I stop being egglocked I'm going to try breeding my 6 with those species.

Has anyone traded these eggs or hatchies ?- this is a daft theory but i remember my son saying he had to trade certain pokemon to get it to evolve. Could that be a new theory or has someone already traded theirs and can flip this idea into the bucket labelled daft theories and other rubbish rolleyes.gif

Edited by velvet_paw

Has anyone traded these eggs or hatchies ?- this is a daft theory but i remember my son saying he had to trade certain pokemon to get it to evolve. Could that be a new theory or has someone already traded theirs and can flip this idea into the bucket labelled daft theories and other rubbish rolleyes.gif

lots of people traded them in the trading threads, whether to get more, or because they missed the initial rush. Pretty sure we would have had some yellow babies by now if this was the case.

lots of people traded them in the trading threads, whether to get more, or because they missed the initial rush. Pretty sure we would have had some yellow babies by now if this was the case.

I thought that was probably the case- but thanks anyway

I just bred up a couple of pure breeds. You might only be able to get yellows from 2 undines. We'll see how they go.

I have 4 adults, 2 from forest and 2 from mountain

Mountain X Mountain gave me a Undine egg and we'll see what it hatches into

Forest X Forest...refused T.T....means next time I"ll have to do Mountain X Forest since the two forests dont' like each other