diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

I ended up trading for two rubies as  mine didn't seem to want to hatch red (and then the next two that hatched were both rubies) smile.gif

Lol, that's standard, often happens among couples who can't have a baby until after they adopt one, and also falls under Murphy's Law. (Drat him! xd.png )

I started off with 2 reds and a blue for the genstones, and so far now have a pair of each colour. biggrin.gif

It seems that we just have to hoard a lot of them so that they balance out, poor us, laugh.gif and thank TJ and goodness that these all seem to be uber-Commons.

Lol, that's standard, often happens among couples who can't have a baby until after they adopt one, and also falls under Murphy's Law. (Drat him!  xd.png )

I started off with 2 reds and a blue for the genstones, and so far now have a pair of each colour.  biggrin.gif

It seems that we just have to hoard a lot of them so that they balance out, poor us,  laugh.gif  and thank TJ and goodness that these all seem to be uber-Commons.

True smile.gif I'm happy though as ruby needs more rubies smile.gif

I usually like to have 40 of each new release so in this case I hope to eventually have at least 120 gemshards (both bred and CB included) so they should even out sometime.

Edited by rubyshoes

I just bred this Gem x Solstice egg. It auto abandoned and is floating around somewhere. I wish I could have kept it, but I'll breed another. I really like the blue Gem with the Solstice. To me, it's very pretty:

Egg

I'm going to breed this pair next Christmas. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Just bred this to the AP. I forgot I was full on eggslots... sad.gif

Also, New release x New release anyone? They are both sleek eastern dragons, and the colors go well together. *Cuddles the egg*

Edited by gusearth1

I've got a male Ruby and a female Jade Gemshard who also bred succesfully together tongue.gif

Also I've got another two Rubies and one Azure. Collecting complete sets of every colour is going to be fun laugh.gif

I checked on the Gemshard egg I bred from two red parents that I tossed to the AP...the baby is green. That was an interesting surprise...I thought the baby would surely be red. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

I checked on the Gemshard egg I bred from two red parents that I tossed to the AP...the baby is green.  That was an interesting surprise...I thought the baby would surely be red.  smile.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HaCWF Yes I am green smile.gif I believe this was bred by you (thanks)

Edited by rubyshoes

I believe this was bred by you (thanks)

Yes, that's it! You're very welcome. I'm glad it found a good home. smile.gif

I'm so excited about there being new Easterns :)

Also, the first post looks a little behind on editing, what happened to the Undine release, the Pyralspites, Desipis, Mistletoe, and Heartstealer?
I'm sorry. I just now put a notice on the first post about not updating any longer due to a change in my energy levels.

I'm so excited about there being new Easterns smile.gif

I'm sorry. I just now put a notice on the first post about not updating any longer due to a change in my energy levels.

I hope you feel better. I know that feel.

I need to get my gritty little paws on some other Gemshards and Rivers. I also rquire approximately 500 Plated Collosi, because they're gorgeous. Damn you, egg lock. :<

Question here about the Plated Colossi - I think I remember people posting that the they took a lot more views/uvs to hatch. But has it happened to anyone else that they also need more than usually to gender and grow up?

I do indeed think they take more views to hatch, but it might be coincidence...

another strange coincidence: My first two Gemshards hatched green, but all others since then blue. Two green seven vblue ones, no red. Is there a preference for one or other colour on the scrolls - some people hatch more green ones, others more red, others more blue? Or really only bad luck?

ooh, these are all so pretty! I have two of the striped river eggs now and two of the massive green eggs (plated colossi?). Those gem shards are hard to find, I haven't even spotted a single one! I also managed to catch my first striped river one last week already but somehow forgot about it again, thankfully I was in time to save it hehe : ) Maannnn I shouldn't be so inactive... I always miss these releases.

Edit: Haha, what a coincidence, I just caught my first gemshard in the hourly drop! And a green dino, yay.

Edited by Silvaerie

I do indeed think they take more views to hatch, but it might be coincidence...

another strange coincidence: My first two Gemshards hatched green, but all others since then blue. Two green seven vblue ones, no red. Is there a preference for one or other colour on the scrolls - some people hatch more green ones, others more red, others more blue? Or really only bad luck?

Yeah, more views to hatch, but also more views do gender?

Could be there is a preference, I got three reds out of five Gemshards. But it's probably just a coincidence xd.png

So far I've got: 8 reds, 5 greens and 7 blues. I'm scroll locked again, I hope I get good numbers to balance the color quantity. My goal is to have 4 couples of each. smile.gif

Boy do I need to trade some Reds - they seem to really like my Scroll.

Speaking of the April Fool's eggs that didn't want to hatch, did you give yours any special names?

My two Colossi are Hermione The Hesitant and Hector The Hesitant; the three Gems share the surname 'Farouche', meaning shy, and they are Ferdie, Faustine and Franki. The two Rivers are Konteel Stayzin and Montauk Stayzin.

Caught 6 of the new Anagallis dragons and it seems they all decided to gender male, lol. All 6 of them...anybody had that happening also? I really hope to get some female ones also from the next ones growing on my scroll...

Caught 6 of the new Anagallis dragons and it seems they all decided to gender male, lol. All 6 of them...anybody had that happening also? I really hope to get some female ones also from the next ones growing on my scroll...

I've been influencing all mine, alternating the genders, so I don't get that.

Biome rarity: it seems to me that Anagallis are much, much easier to get from the Desert than the Forest or Jungle. I'm not even sure I've seen any Anagallis eggs in the latter two since the release day. Does anyone else think this?

I have been hunting the Jungle because I was still looking for a few Gemshards to round out my collection of them. I saw quite a few Anagallis there and picked up some of them well after the initial release date. I haven't really spent enough time in the Forest to judge that, but it does seem I have seen at least a few there. The Desert does seem to have the most, though.

My perfect, adorable little Magelight pair grew up today! They both gendered correctly, and I made made my first ever lineage plans! They refused each other!

My perfect, adorable little Magelight pair grew up today! They both gendered correctly, and I made made my first ever lineage plans! They refused each other!

My sympathies! (And believe me, I really do know how you feel.)

Plans can be fatal with Murphy always listening and ready to lay down his Law... although Refusals DO seem to occur even when you KNOW that impossible-to-mate pairing you've finally achieved is going to and keep putting off the breeding.

Make me think that a new factor, something beyond Murphy's Law is in operation... one which I'll tentatively term as the Globalists Law of Blah! Suckage! - GLOBS

(And a new conspiracy theory is born! xd.png )

Must say that this was an enjoyable Release, apart from that sudden new sprite invisibility scare, and I do hope that those who wandered off came back to check later...

I've got 3 pairs each, in various stages, of the Hooktalons and Greater Spotted Drakes and 4 (full disclosure: Pygmy addiction) pairs of the Magelight (LOVE the name! smile.gif ) and as always, the sprites look better on my scroll than they do anywhere else. laugh.gif

(we need an evil mustachio-twirling smilie - the only whiskers in the house are on the cat and twirling hers would be rude.)

But while I'd like to catch the AP while it's still close to Incuhatachable levels, it'll be hard not to collect more of the new pretties while they're still at higher numbers.

The more I look at the Spotted Drake, (which I will probably always think of as the Rosette) the more I like it - anyone else finding this?

One hour left until my first new release (Hooktalon) grows up! smile.gif

Edit: Oh wait. My Magelight already grew up, and I didn't even notice!

lol

biggrin.gif

Edited by The Flash

I've been too busy giving mine away to properly get adults. I'll get one of each gender eventually xd.png