diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

Welp. Finally got another color gem, but now I'm at three blue and three green. (I know I could trade, but I want more than one pair of each, lol.) Only managed to catch one more egg so far. How is everybody else's gemshard color luck coming?

I've got two blue, one green, and three red so far. I'm hoping for one more green.

I've only got one ruby so far (which is sad as I need more rubies smile.gif ) - 5 azures and 3 jades - currently have 5 gemshard eggs (one is bred) but as my goal is 40 of every new release I've got a long way to go

My Gems are all red and blue, can't get any green ones at all. Is the colour random or is there some kind of pattern? I know this has been asked before, but I don't remember any definite answers... Or is there another tread to discuss this (as with yellow Undine speculations last year)?

I've got 1 green and 1 red from release day, both grown. I've had no luck catching more eggs since then.

I have 3 Red, 3 Green and 2 Blue with 3 more unhatched eggs.

I've got 2 Emeralds (I like to call them by their respective gem, like Emeralds, Rubies, and Sapphires. Pokemon Gen III Fans anyone?? xd.png) with 3 more unhatched eggs. I also have one male and one female of the Plated and Striped River, with two more Striped Rivers and one more Plated that are unhatched.

Also, the first post looks a little behind on editing, what happened to the Undine release, the Pyralspites, Desipis, Mistletoe, and Heartstealer?

The Undines ARE discussed here, as well as the Pyralspites.

I have 4 Blues, 2 Reds and 1 Green with 3 eggs waiting to hatch.

Edited by Ayelldee

The Undines ARE discussed here, as well as the Pyralspites.

Yes, but their releases aren't mentioned in the first post..

My Gems are all red and blue, can't get any green ones at all. Is the colour random or is there some kind of pattern? I know this has been asked before, but I don't remember any definite answers... Or is there another tread to discuss this (as with yellow Undine speculations last year)?

It's random and no color is more rare than any other. It's just about luck. My first two were greens but since then I've had several reds and blues. It just depends.

It is random, but just like you I only have red and blue ones. To be exact, five blues, two red. No green in sight yet. *sigh*

I bred a pair of red Gems and tossed the egg to the AP. I'm going to assume that the baby will be red as well...but who knows? It'll be interesting to find out. I wonder if two different colors, say a red and blue, can produce a green or if the offspring will take after one of the parents. It would be cool as hell if different color parents produced an entirely new color, say yellow or purple. lol

I have all the colors now, so I'm happy, but I'm still hoarding. Trying to get pairs of the same color is a royal pain, but I'm loving it. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

I don't know where I should post this... so I am posting it here. But four of my new egg sprites will not turn to hatchlings... even though it says they are hatchlings. Anyone else having this problem?

I don't know where I should post this... so I am posting it here. But four of my new egg sprites will not turn to hatchlings... even though it says they are hatchlings. Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah i'm having the same problem, when i click on it though the hatchlings page comes up but it still shows as an egg on my scroll :/

Yeah i'm having the same problem, when i click on it though the hatchlings page comes up but it still shows as an egg on my scroll :/

If you haven't seen it yet, try going to this thread. The eggs not turning into hatchlings is apparently an April Fool's joke for any egg caught on April 1st. Hatchies can be seen normally by viewing them or looking at their lineage.

Edited by EternallyYin

If you haven't seen it yet, try going to this thread. The eggs not turning into hatchlings is apparently an April Fool's joke for any egg caught on April 1st. Hatchies can be seen normally by viewing them or looking at their lineage.

Ahhh, I was having suspicions of it being something like that. Thanks. =]

NGL I was always hoping for an egg freeze option on DC, so many of them are freakin beautiful and I wish I could collect them. Esp since "dead eggs" IE unfertilized eggs do/can be born naturally as it is so having a frozen one could just be considered one of those. c:

As for the gemmies, I've got two greens and a red and 2 more sitting on my scroll. I definitely love the pretty plated green ones the most and have yet to look for the water ones as they aren't much to my tastes.

I bred a pair of red Gems and tossed the egg to the AP. I'm going to assume that the baby will be red as well...but who knows? It'll be interesting to find out. I wonder if two different colors, say a red and blue, can produce a green or if the offspring will take after one of the parents. It would be cool as hell if different color parents produced an entirely new color, say yellow or purple. lol

I have all the colors now, so I'm happy, but I'm still hoarding. Trying to get pairs of the same color is a royal pain, but I'm loving it. smile.gif

It's not a pureblood but my mistletoe x jade gemshard gave a azure gemshard - http://dragcave.net/lineage/bPFh1

Welp I've got 11 eggs on my scroll now because of the April Fool's prank. xd.png

Also, My first two gemshards were emeralds, my second two were a Sapphire and a Ruby, and I have a third one waiting to hatch.

Is anyone, by any chance, going to start hoarding the Striped Rivers, like I plan to do?

Is anyone, by any chance, going to start hoarding the Striped Rivers, like I plan to do?

I'd like to because I think they're gorgeous, but as they're easterns, I can't imagine they'll be super easy to hoard right now. xP

~

Caught another gem the other day, finally. My other can incuhatch in a few hours and I'll find out if I've finally gotten a red. xP

I'd like to because I think they're gorgeous, but as they're easterns, I can't imagine they'll be super easy to hoard right now. xP

~

Caught another gem the other day, finally. My other can incuhatch in a few hours and I'll find out if I've finally gotten a red. xP

I ended up trading for two rubies as mine didn't seem to want to hatch red (and then the next two that hatched were both rubies) smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

I ended up trading for two rubies as none of mine seemed to want to hatch red (and then the next two that hatched were both rubies) smile.gif

Haha, that sounds about right!

Chaos rules!

user posted image

Okay, so, it seems that the gems are completely at random. I thought at first that they may share the traits of Stripes and are influenced by the colors they are bred with. Nope! Well, no complaints here. ^^ Just makes the game a bit more challenging is all. I say, "Bring it!" happy.gif