Spark-Dragon

Same Sex Breeding/Adoption

I want this, Big Time

but as the adopted link like the vampires bitten link

NO lineage rewrites

This too i agree no lineage rewrites. And lest make it so same sex dragons can't do it like i said before unbreedable rejected and single other-wise it's stupid

This too i agree no lineage rewrites. And lest make it so same sex dragons can't do it like i said before unbreedable rejected and single other-wise it's stupid

If any dragons at all can adopt and it doesn't change the lineage, there is no reason that two dragons of the same gender shouldn't be able to adopt.

Just like in real life.

I think that was part of what the OP wanted, but they also wanted lineage changes - which would affect too many other players.

If any dragons at all can adopt and it doesn't change the lineage, there is no reason that two dragons of the same gender shouldn't be able to adopt.

Just like in real life.

I think that was part of what the OP wanted, but they also wanted lineage changes - which would affect too many other players.

This.

I'd still prefer to just see links to dragons mentioned in the descriptions (there's already a suggestion for that), but I wouldn't be opposed to having a spot on the dragon's 'papers' for "Adopted Children" and "Adoptive Parent(s)". In such a case, I'd be find with one dragon adopting, or two, or three. I can see RP situations where someone might want a whole village of dragons raising a single hatchling. Gender should have no bearing on that. However it works out, though, it should not change the dragon's birth parents or affect their lineage in any way.

This.

I'd still prefer to just see links to dragons mentioned in the descriptions (there's already a suggestion for that), but I wouldn't be opposed to having a spot on the dragon's 'papers' for "Adopted Children" and "Adoptive Parent(s)". In such a case, I'd be find with one dragon adopting, or two, or three. I can see RP situations where someone might want a whole village of dragons raising a single hatchling. Gender should have no bearing on that. However it works out, though, it should not change the dragon's birth parents or affect their lineage in any way.

I agree, but i think there should be some limit to the dragons who adopt. It wouldn't work with 12 dragons one egg. Also if the dragon/egg dies now that i think about it the idea needs some serious modifying. What would happen if the owner wanted to switch adopted parents? Would they be able to or would they be stuck with one adoptive parents, It's a cool idea but I don't like the whole "same sex" idea I guess two same gendered dragons could adopt but it doesn't make a ton of sense why limit the same gender? ALL dragons should adopt but like some-one said Unbreedables with unbreedibles drakes with drakes.

I agree, but i think there should be some limit to the dragons who adopt. It wouldn't work with 12 dragons one egg. Also if the dragon/egg dies now that i think about it the idea needs some serious modifying. What would happen if the owner wanted to switch adopted parents? Would they be able to or would they be stuck with one adoptive parents, It's a cool idea but I don't like the whole "same sex" idea I guess two same gendered dragons could adopt but it doesn't make a ton of sense why limit the same gender? ALL dragons should adopt but like some-one said Unbreedables with unbreedibles drakes with drakes.

ANY pair (or group, I guess...) could adopt, IMHO - as long as it was not lineage linked. A paper and a gold male. A silver female and a female drake. Whatever.

But NO to lineage changes As for changing adoptive parents - I think that should be you make the decision, live with it. Think it through in advance xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

No linage changes. But what about switching parents? Is that plausible or is it like freezing it they have to stay with the egg until it grows up? And when would the dragon be release from the hold of the adoptive parents? I think that an hour after it is an adult then it will be sorted regularly on a scroll.

This idea is somewhat confusing to me, and seems highly unnecessary with the amount of work it would take to try and implement. Plus, it shouldn't be limited to same-sex dragons at all.

A nay from me.

No linage changes. But what about switching parents? Is that plausible or is it like freezing it they have to stay with the egg until it grows up? And when would the dragon be release from the hold of the adoptive parents? I think that an hour after it is an adult then it will be sorted regularly on a scroll.

I think that given no changed lineage, it would sort normally. I wouldn't know for sure, as I sort mine the way I want them - I imagine adoptive players would need to.

I think changing adoptive parents might be rather complicated.... and why would it matter, once they grew up. My children aren't "mine" now that they are grown up and out in the world.

Edited by fuzzbucket

It's all true I was thinking that an adopted dragon egg/ adopted dragons might sort differently on a scroll.

Bacon_Strips: I totally agree but if it were to be a thing we are discussing how it would work

Bacon_Strips: I totally agree but if it were to be a thing we are discussing how it would work

I'm not discussing how it would work, I am simply giving my opinion about the idea. Just because my post is mixed in between discussion does not mean I should have to discuss it.

It would be useful for female-only lineages (snow angel x bright pink DO WANT) and maybe it would be nice to rid some horribly inbred egg from its lineage and replace it with what the egg's owner wants. At the same time, people take random eggs from the AP, raise them, breed them, and then you pick up eggs from the AP whose breeders had no idea of their dragons' value. (Like, Dorkfaces and Thuweds.) It would be a shame to loose these random lineages to adoption.

It would be useful for female-only lineages (snow angel x bright pink DO WANT) and maybe it would be nice to rid some horribly inbred egg from its lineage and replace it with what the egg's owner wants. At the same time, people take random eggs from the AP, raise them, breed them, and then you pick up eggs from the AP whose breeders had no idea of their dragons' value. (Like, Dorkfaces and Thuweds.) It would be a shame to loose these random lineages to adoption.

Changing lineages! It's a bad idea and too crazy for the owner also some-one might be proud of a lineage and POOF it's replaced with the adoptive parent lineages. Female X Female is wrong it's impossible in real life it's a game we don't need gayness. Maybe there could be an option but still lineage rewrites it has no sense.

Bacon: I never said you had to discuss it i was simply telling you why there are lots of non-opinions

Overall, I don't see any point in this? You can just use dragon descriptions to point out who their partner is..I don't support this, sorry. ^-^

Poof- It's SO true but it has some significance like read on page four: On the "view dragon page" it says Children: XXXXX

Adopted Children: XXXXXXXX

So it makes some sense it is pretty dumb though

Female X Female is wrong it's impossible in real life it's a game we don't need gayness.

I find that rather offensive, actually.

And parthenogenesis does occur in real life and I believe is TECHNICALLY now possible in humans, though not licensed Yet.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I find that rather offensive, actually.

And parthenogenesis does occur in real life and I believe is TECHNICALLY now possible in humans, though not licensed Yet.

I haven't learned about it yet. Still it's a ONLINE GAME WITH DRAGONS It's not really necessary!

Edited by Jayfeather462

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my Female X Female post, I just don't really support it... It's tough talking about a subject i know little on.

I haven't learned about it yet. Still it's a ONLINE GAME WITH DRAGONS It's not really necessary!

It's a game, none of this is really necessary. I have no problem with this as long as the lineage is unchanged, but don't see a need either. It can be added into a description if the player whats their dragons to adopt an egg/dragon.

Thank you annagekos It's a great way to sum it all up

Changing lineages! It's a bad idea and too crazy for the owner also some-one might be proud of a lineage and POOF it's replaced with the adoptive parent lineages. Female X Female is wrong it's impossible in real life it's a game we don't need gayness. Maybe there could be an option but still lineage rewrites  it has no sense.

Bacon: I never said you had to discuss it i was simply telling you why there are lots of non-opinions

Actually, femalexfemale pairings (for like, actual breeding 'both ladies are listed as the parents', I do agree more with the 'adoption can be listed in descriptions' for adoption)... kind of make sense. Certain types of whiptail lizards are entirely female, reproducing via parthenogenesis... which, given the breeding mechanics of Snow Angels and such (i.e. the egg is always only a snow angel), it actually seems perfectly logical to have them be able to reproduce with males or females.

Sadly, I've got no idea how to include malexmale parings, but femalexfemale does have a factual basis.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Honestly, something about official 'adoptions' of dragons with different parents sounds very pet-site-y and My Little Pony or whatever to me - not something I'd associate with DC at all - and I speak as one who has been known to anthropomorphize her dragons, lol.

Any dragon or dragons can adopt any egg in a description without having to alter coding or change the View Children page of the 'biological' parents or any record-keeping of any kind, something that would be sure to raise a lively discussion among various players. xd.png

It's perfectly equal, as with people deciding that some of their dragons are married - in descriptions.

In DC, basically, dragons mate with whoever (their people decide) and don't raise eggs, (done by people, typically in fansites, and generally grown up in a week or less) although people can use their imaginations and write descriptions as they please.

I'm not sure why this needs to be changed here, where this type of equality within the game was never an issue.

Maybe I'm missing something and this is something just terrifically important to a lot of people, but if it does go through, it must be applied for any/all dragons, regardless of sexual orientation, in order to maintain the spirit of equality.

Syphoneira: It'll give people satisfaction to see the list of adopted dragons

Can we please stop talking about Female X Female?

Male x male too ? They shouldn't be ruled out.

-.- I though it was established that Male X Male was impossible

Not necessarily, it's been done with mice (to a degree, anyway). It's just significantly more intensive/needs human intervention and therefore not a plausible candidate for DC... but hey, we're a creative lot xd.png

(... and for full fairness, I'm overall pretty neutral to this whole idea. I just wanted to show that no, same-sex reproduction is not completely impossible/unrealistic on a purely factual level ^^)

Edited by Dr. Paine