Spark-Dragon

Same Sex Breeding/Adoption

I find this suggestion highly silly.

Sorry, but this.

My reasons have already been summed up by previous posts.

What if 2 same sex dragons (of a specific breed, perhaps it could be a BSA of a certain new breed) could 'breed' and make like some kind of rainbow dragon lol that'd be cute

What if 2 same sex dragons (of a specific breed, perhaps it could be a BSA of a certain new breed) could 'breed' and make like some kind of rainbow dragon lol that'd be cute

Yes but, they can't ''breed'' no matter what. The egg won't be fertile, and will never hatch. Of course, this could lead to a badge of unfertile eggs... What am I saying, dragons aren't chickens!

And I agree with everything everybody said on here about why this won't work. Maybe if like, underneath the lineage there would say 'Adoptive Parents' and the dragons that adopted that one dragon, then yeah that would work...

You have to think of the scroll as simply the papers for you breeding animals (like horse bloodlines)

It would not work for the officials to say "I adopted this little one for my horses, and he is now a son of Bicomet" and it would not work for someone trying to claim minority status in real life. (I was adopted by X therefore I am X; X being an ethnic race)

It was a nice idea smile.gif

*Is aware this has likely been said 100 times before*

Heheh... Rainbow dragons...

Sorry, but no. It's just a bit random, to be honest!! Sorry!!

I remember a suggestion a while ago that was sort of like this, but it was more as a kind of fun joke sort of thing rather than actual breeding. I think it was a suggestion that you breed the two dragons of the same gender together and get a message like "the dragons didn't produce an egg, but they had a lot of fun trying" [snip]

LOL laugh.gif

Best comment in this thread!

Yes but, they can't ''breed'' no matter what. The egg won't be fertile, and will never hatch. Of course, this could lead to a badge of unfertile eggs... What am I saying, dragons aren't chickens!

Hmm... but that would be an awesome idea for being able to keep the egg sprite. Same sex breeding produces unfertile egg and eliminates the fuss about trapping a hatchy in its shell for all of eternity. wink.gif Nice.

Hmm... but that would be an awesome idea for being able to keep the egg sprite. Same sex breeding produces unfertile egg and eliminates the fuss about trapping a hatchy in its shell for all of eternity.  wink.gif  Nice.

That would be providing it is a female X female cross though, no male X male cross would ever produce even an unfertilized egg. And that is without the age-old question of what you would do about unbreedables, or male-only holidays. In other words, I still support other forms of non-lethal egg freezing over this.

Edited by Nectaris

If you want to propose a concept that allows same-sex breeding, that's awesome. Just be sure you have a scientifically accurate reason for why they can. For example--an all female breed could produce via parthenogenesis, much like female Whiptail lizards. However, I do not see this working for all breeds as it simply doesn't make sense.

This I agree with. If there was One breed (not all) who could do that and it was a breed that had only one gender (like how purple and pink used to be before they added male purple and made the "new" pinks) . This sugestion I would support...

the adopt thing... would be a little ... complicated and in the form it's in now... no, I'm sorry. Taking an egg and getting rid of a lineage is not a good idea... just I'm sorry...

Is this like Gay-breeding? A big NO for it.

You know - that comment is almost enough to make me support it. mad.gif If IRL gay people could produce their own biological children, I would be very happy for them.

Unless there is a parthenogenetic breed created here, I don't see how the "adopt" thing as described can work. It would affect lineages of other dragons. I think - as in IRL adoption - it has to be done - as I said - by telling your friends (description) not by changing the birth certificate.

AS I say - I like Piemaster's post:

For example--an all female breed could produce via parthenogenesis, much like female Whiptail lizards.

Anyone up for it ? the lineages would be as limited as two-heads and drakes used to be, but still...

You have to think of the scroll as simply the papers for you breeding animals (like horse bloodlines)

It would not work for the officials to say "I adopted this little one for my horses, and he is now a son of Bicomet" and it would not work for someone trying to claim minority status in real life. (I was adopted by X therefore I am X; X being an ethnic race)

It was a nice idea smile.gif

*Is aware this has likely been said 100 times before*

NecronLordofLawtan put it beautifully.

This IS a cute idea, but it's only feasible, as has been pointed out, where parthenogenesis can be involved for a specifically designed all-female breed.

Or perhaps for a breed of hermaphrodite, but they have to have the basic egg-production/fertilization equipment.

Males don't produce eggs, and it simply doesn't work within DC to alter lineages on other dragon's eggs to fit an RP perspective.

People have always used descriptions for egg adoption by dragons, which does work, but changing even virtual biology and lineages in a game of this type...???

Sorry!

I just don't think it makes sense.

So does that mean two female dragons can adopt an egg? Like if you click on the adult dragon's page, it will say, "Adoptive children: XXXX, XXXX, XXXX" instead of "Children: XXXX, XXXX, XXXX"?

1000% Yes! biggrin.gifxd.pngblink.gif

I..need..this..for..descriptions..seriously...

I want this, Big Time

but as the adopted link like the vampires bitten link

NO lineage rewrites

So does that mean two female dragons can adopt an egg? Like if you click on the adult dragon's page, it will say, "Adoptive children: XXXX, XXXX, XXXX" instead of "Children: XXXX, XXXX, XXXX"?

1000% Yes! biggrin.gifxd.pngblink.gif

I..need..this..for..descriptions..seriously...

You can put that IN DESCRIPTIONS as it is. But NOT in lineages.

Interesting tidbit: both female sperm and male eggs are in research...

Why do I get the feeling that even a single breed for this would break the mechanics for the game?

This just sounds like a nifty idea...that is a pain in the neck in application.

Edited by NecronLordofLawtan

AS I say - I like Piemaster's post:

Anyone up for it ? the lineages would be as limited as two-heads and drakes used to be, but still...

Seems like it might need some finagling to make it work, but I'd absolutely love to see something like that. Some of my absolute favorite things on the completed/progress lists have super-unique elements to them, like body shape, and I wish we had more stuff like that in-cave (although I understand having a consistent visual style in regards to body shape/patterns etc).

Edited by diaveborn

I don't support it. This idea makes no sense for me. Why limit adoption only to dragons of the same gender?

It's practically a thing for gay marriage that is why it is adoptions/same sex breeding.

Not again... ._.

This topic has been discussed a while before, and it has been rejected.

I understand the support for gay rights etc., but for the game mechanics, it makes no sense, it's silly.

this idea is fun biggrin.gif ,so I can make time lord nebulas with

DoctorxMaster I don't see why not, just for fun.

I don't hate it but, I could see it-ish.

So does that mean two female dragons can adopt an egg? Like if you click on the adult dragon's page, it will say, "Adoptive children: XXXX, XXXX, XXXX" instead of "Children: XXXX, XXXX, XXXX"? 1000% Yes! biggrin xd.png blink I..need..this..for..descriptions..seriously...
I could see the adopted eggs but what if it was more of an action for cheese and papers who cant have biological children? Or if a single dragon wanted to have an egg or a female and a male who wouldn't breed. I like the Adopted XXXXX rather than Children xxxx but other wise it makes NO sense.

-Jay

Edited by Jayfeather462