ValidEmotions

The Academy OOC

I want to see Forsaken's post with Dain before going on with Sorge and I'm waiting upon everyone else (Na excluded) to respond before going on with Felic, Soria, and Duordin.

I could post again as Al but, I don't want to do much with him just yet.

Though, I can imagine him busting into the Academy by kicking down the doors like Emperor Kuzco, "boom baby!" shout and all. x3

This looks like an interesting RP. I am considering joining. What's holding me back is my busy life though. D:

Anyway, how often are RPers expected to post? And at which timezone does the most activity occur? smile.gif

Thanks. smile.gif

There's no minimum-number-of-posts requirement smile.gif It's basically a post when you desire to/people your interacting with have responded.

All but one are 2-4 hours ahead of my timezone (the one is 7 hours ahead) and I'm in the West coast zone of USA. So, whatever zone is 2-4 hours ahead of Pacific or Mountain Standard would be the general timezone of activity. However, some of us do stay up pretty late/get up rather early x3 So, you basically have a good cushion of active hours smile.gif Just depends on the holiday season/school year/work schedules that decides the level of activity in each day.

I'm glad you've found some interest and I do hope you'll join once life isn't so busy if you desire smile.gif Though, I do understand a busy life; mines bit busy as well but, thankfully, I'm on break between college terms x3

If you've any further questions, don't hesitate to ask via thread or PM to Lucky or I smile.gif

Thank you for the information, Narvix! smile.gif

There is a lot of reading to be done and I will work on that first. xd.png Then I will fill out my character sheet and perhaps ask more questions.

I'm looking forward to this RP! Thanks again! biggrin.gif

I'm mountain time but I burn the midnight oil and tend to get up late

I have submitted my Student Sheet to LuckyClaw. smile.gif I hope that it qualifies because I am excited to get started with this RP!

I've sent a Student Sheet to LuckyClaw. Waiting for a response. I'm also not sure how to start off my story. I've read that it's a mix of different periods in time but how should I start off? It'd be great if someone could fill me in on that. Thanks smile.gif

Drakon, it really depends on the culture your character is from. So, for example, humans are going to have a bit of modest technology with earlier models of cars and no cellphones. Alternatively, the Azazels have little technology due to a long period where there was an embargo placed on their towns. Other cultures might have more advanced technology with machines or with magic. It's really up to your creativity. smile.gif

And welcome you two ^^ Lucky did say she would be gone all day yesterday and possibly today. So, at the latest, she'll respond by tomorrow. If you desire to, you can send your sheets to me and I can look them over and let you know my opinion/thoughts. Lucky would still have a bit of a final word but she and I tend to have similar opinions on character sheets.

EDIT: Meh. Part of Sorge's post is rambling and part of it actually pertains to the situation.

Edited by Narvix

what level of technology dose the Academy have? i thought it would probably be on the more advanced side, but i just want confirmation.

Goona let FRoD get one more post up with Dain before I reply

what level of technology dose the Academy have? i thought it would probably be on the more advanced side, but i just want confirmation.

I would say that the Academy would have decent kitchen appliances, laundry machines, lighting (magic or not), and a ventilation system. It has water heaters and bathroom commodities. So, fancy up the image of the average building and its contents and you'll have the basic technological workings of the Academy. Just no TVs. Of course, there can be advanced/magical modifications depending on the student(s) and peoples preferences.

Ah well I'll get a post out in the morning I suppose

I'm typing from my grandmother's slow, unpredictable computer, so I may not be able to post or update today. However, I'll make an earnest effort. This computer has a hard time loading and switching tabs. I'll add all sheets tomorrow.

Drakon, Natevaelle, let it be known here that you're both accepted. Welcome to the thread! I'll give you both PM confirmation tomorrow... today I don't want to chance it. This fossil has a history of blue screens and I don't want to start it up again. It's like waking a Snorlax without a poke flute.

As for our time period, we are a world that has a lot of fantasy and technology coexisting. Whatever you can think up in your imagination exists, except phones, televisions, and advanced cars. Various races have different levels of development, as Narvix's example explained. Though the most advanced races should only be barely scratching the surface of the industrial revolution time period.

The Academy is mostly as Narvix explained. It's half-powered by technology and half-powered by magic. Since everyone has been asking lately, tomorrow I'll add this to the main thread.

EDIT: Oh! Also answering the posting requirement question, when people are waiting on your reply, we expect just one post every three days at minimum. Three days with no sign means we have to let those waiting continue without you. If you tell us you'll be gone, we can either wait for you or find a way to move on so we can get back to you as soon as you jump back in.

Also, I'm Eastern Standard in case anyone was wondering.

Edited by Luckyclaw

Well this is awkward for me, if Narvix is right with everyone being within 2-3 hours, and that includes Luckyclaw I am 17 hours ahead of most of you.

Gaah!! Why do I only have two posts! Ah well, not much for twig to do anyway. He's still in the hatchery with his egg.

the students were told to leave the hatchery and go into the hall when they have selected their eggs, but it seems everyone but me ignored that...

Well this is awkward for me, if Narvix is right with everyone being within 2-3 hours, and that includes Luckyclaw I am 17 hours ahead of most of you.

You're only 4 hours ahead of me smile.gif

I'm on GMT, so atm it's 12:32 for me smile.gif

I'm sorry about the short posts of late, and will be working on a (hopefully) much better one now smile.gif

Edited by Emeraldmay

I'm actually 10 hours ahead of you. I'm +10 timezone, Lucky is -7... maybe my math is wrong.

But thanks for the smile.gif

Drakon, Natevaelle, let it be known here that you're both accepted. Welcome to the thread! I'll give you both PM confirmation tomorrow... today I don't want to chance it. This fossil has a history of blue screens and I don't want to start it up again. It's like waking a Snorlax without a poke flute.

Yaaay! Thank you! smile.gif

I've been lurking in the thread but I guess I didn't read thoroughly because I missed out the part that Narvix said we could have sent her the Student Sheets. O.o

And I'm GMT +8. smile.gif

I'm actually 10 hours ahead of you. I'm +10 timezone, Lucky is -7... maybe my math is wrong.

But thanks for the smile.gif

lucky is -5. its mountain time thats -7.