ValidEmotions

The Academy OOC

In the movie, they take every character that was gray and made them black and white. The princess? Just a girl. Miggery Sow? Just a dumb means to an end. Roscuro? Just a hero. If you get a chance, I would recommend reading the book again. It's amazing.

I know the story, but I grew up with the Muppets version... Which made the elves into three magical Elvis that turned the broken shoes into blue suede shoes. I remember being enchanted and fascinated by that. That movie's also how I was introduced to the boy who cried wolf and King Midas.

I'd like to get Dain and Tatsuke's little interaction over with before we advance, but I don't think that's realistic. Everyone chose their eggs already. I have a feeling Sin is going to show the entire premises in a vague post that does some skipping to get all the new students up to speed, probably trying to drag out time so Dain can catch up with the clipboard.

Wow o.o Everyone did select their eggs already. With the exception of Al'nivte but, that's excused for reasons.

Oh, I remember loving the story thoroughly and I would reread it for myself if I had it. I don't know what happened to the copy my grandma had after she passed away and her husband moved elsewhere...

The Muppets, I never truly liked them. I tolerate them but would prefer to avoid them. I didn't know they had their own version of the Shoemaker and the Elves.

We can go ahead and do that so your males can catch up. Soria will gladly help out x3. Just beware, Sorge will follow Dain at a slight distance and go after him to protect him from Dogan, taking the Vampire down before the Silver can and trying to keep Dogan level-headed.

For some reason, the people I hang out with never seem to like the Muppets. I adore them because I grew up with them, but I understand others don't like them as much as I do.

If Dain goes for a prank on Tatsuke, let some of it happen before Sorge steps in. This is the first time I'm ever gonna be writing Tatsuke in his defensive freak-out mode and the first time I'm ever writing Dogan, ever. It'll be kinda fun to see what happens, and Sorge/Soria can stop them before anyone is damaged.

Fair enough, haha. Sorge would end up handling Dain and Dogan while Soria attempted to calm Tatsuke down. Of course, this will call some onlookers for sure x3 She'll have to keep any of the new students from interfering if they try to do so.

All right. It's far too late for me to post at this point though, there's a point in the night where my posting quality makes a drastic veer downwards. I'll post first thing in the morning.

I would normally agree with you about the night time however I just woke up... Seems I was tired from the errands with the family. Well I will get my post in first so that we aren't waiting on me any more.

I won't be able to post until later tonight. Finally get to spend a holiday with my boyfriend without work or school in the way.

I don't expect today or tomorrow to be productive at all. It's Christmas Eve, and tomorrow's Christmas! Even I won't be on tomorrow. Happy Holidays to everyone who is popping in to check on us but won't be making posts because they're spending time with their families.

Merry Christmas everyone, and have a good time.

i was wondering before, but now i need to ask. Why aren't the teachers the ones checking if the students came? why wasn't there at least one teacher there to make sure nothing bad happened? there is no way they could just be waiting for the students in the auditorium.

Jaina, the trouble between Tatsuke and Dain isn't right outside the hatchery; it's a few hallways down. None of the new students would know about it. As for hearing it, that's a bit unknown as I don't know how much sound is being generated.

Pertaining to the teachers, not all of them are on Campus until later into the evening for classes the following day. The Headmaster, Kaio has full trust in our senior students and, while he's sure to keep an eye on the new students, he's not everywhere at once. Besides, what would be the fun if we had a teacher interrupt each battle? tongue.gif It won't go far though, I promise. When I can make my post, my Sorge is going to be interrupting.

its not that im opposed to there being a fight, because even if there was a teacher they may have asked a student to bring them back, im just think its a bit unprofessional to have the students in charge of important things like marking what eggs were taken and who actually made it to campus.

Removed, gonna rework that. Hmmm maybe Lorelei should intervene in the fight...

Edited my post slightly, I realized Tatsuke was screaming a bit too much at the end there. One scream was enough.

The senior students were just highly trusted by the teachers, and the Headmaster was looking to see if his assumptions about the maturity of his students was right. It actually wasn't all that bad until Dain's dragon appeared out of no where, and everything still would have gone off smoothly if Dain hadn't decided to pull a trick on Tatsuke. Rest assured that now that there's a fight, the teachers will take notice and if no one other teacher is there fast enough, the headmaster himself would stop it before anyone got hurt. But aside from that, I refer back to Narvix's post. If every battle was interrupted and a teacher stepped in at every point, first that wouldn't be as much fun, second the students would never learn to resolve their differences and never learn how hurtful their actions can truly be.

Even with Sorge stepping in to keep Dogan held back, Jaina I think it would be a great idea if Lorelei showed up to ice the fight.

Awe, a teacher is no fun. I had a teacher who would give the students boxing gloves and would let them duke it out in the hall... that was a fun class.

xd.png You know... Linole may just be the teacher to do that and possibly even Burung.

I'm back home now and I'll see what I can do before my headache overwhelms me. I'm just waiting on a green-light from Lucky because she had wanted a fair chance to RP as Dogan and show off Tatsuke's reflexes.

I think this was enough xd.png Tatsuke's done and Dogan already made his entrance. It's good to break up the fight now before someone gets hurt. If they were outside of school and Tatsuke was able to fight we would continue, but as it stands we have one very angry dragon and one disarmed human. Also, Sin needs that clipboard so everyone else can advance.

Let's let Lorelei have her moment. I think one teacher can stop a young dragon on her own with no problems and this is her first appearance.

:c D'aww, alright x3

I'll just let Sorge knock Dain down before Dogan's fire can touch him. She'll be taking the brunt of that attack then and I'll let Jaina have Lorelei actually stop Dogan's attacks. Sorge just gets to be the defensive bodyguard.

Well Lorelei has stepped up to the plate, let's hope I wrote this correctly/right.

We don't actually know if Dogan truly released a stream of fire; he might react differently upon Sorge's sudden appearance. Sorge is simply prepared for the fire attack. However, Lucky might be fine with the assumption so, let's see what she says before doing anything else.

Your post is nicely written, though, and makes me think Lorelei will be a bit of a bada** teacher in her own way.

Edited by Narvix

Yeah, he was going to blast fire anyway so it's right you guys assumed that. I'm assuming Sorge will fill in Lorelei with what happened, so Dogan only gave a brief account. He's not too much of a talker anyway.

To all other students who are holed up, thanks for your patience, this will be over soon and we can continue with doing things that involve everyone, I promise.

Edited by Luckyclaw

Goody goody. And yeah Lorelei is a bit of a BA, she is 400 years old and makes weapons for a living after all, kind of a requirement.

How should us freshman react to this little fight? I mean, the dragons could probably be heard pretty clearly. I know that James's personality would lead to him investigating the sounds.

I think Tatsuke's scream would have been clearly audible, even if it was a fair distance away. If you think James should investigate, then perhaps he should. If anyone tries to leave though, Sin will try to stop them.

I have to leave soon, and I won't be on all day and possibly the next because of Christmas. In lieu of my absence, just assume all my characters became very, very quiet and listen to Narvix.

Edited by Luckyclaw