ValidEmotions

The Academy OOC

Getting things rolling plot wise is fine. However, until Lucky is able to come back or we decide to do something else, I can have Dain create a bit of mischief.

Gave us something to get started from, you can let me know if you want me to expand or not.

Okay. I'll be responding by Friday. I'll let Dain have some mischief for a handful of posts before I take over with Kaio. Lucky and I agreed to shared custody but I like how she handles him. However, I figure I've let him sit long enough.

Hey, I looked at this, and if you are still able to accept, I have a question.

Since it looks like Luckyclaw is on a break, should I send the app to Narvix?

Thanks,

~Esko

Just one more thing:

Can I have just a general idea on where the rp is right now plot wise?

Okay! So...what I get from that is that the school year just started. And thus, the plot is only just starting. Will make the form once I am home from school.

Hullo, everyone biggrin.gif

On a request, I shall post my CS here for all to see happy.gif (Will delete if so needed)

Name: Gilrin Lainel Rhovaneth

Subject: Combat (Archery)

Race: Sylph - Sylph (also called sylphid) are wind sprites, with the ability to control the wind around them. It is theorized they are either related to angels or that they are an offspring of elves and wind spirits. Sylphs are easily distinguished by their swirling blue marks that light up when they use wind magic. They usually have white hair and dark skin, and their eyes are large like those of a hawk. Sylphs care little for the machinations and politics of "ground folk", and they rarely interfere with changeling society. They honor a promise and keep to their word until death. During the war, sylphs fled to the highest peaks of the mountains and hid there, letting the other races to fight. Being a care-free folk, they had little strife with other races, maybe a little distrust on both sides. However, after a long debate, the sylphs send some of their warriors to fight for them, but most stayed at the mountains, ever fearing for their warriors.

Appearance: Brown skin and light blue swirling tattoos cris-cross her skin. The swirls are very delicate around her angular face. Gilrin's eyes are golden and her hair, cut short and shaggy so that it won't be in her eyes, is pure white; she has a very hawk-like appearance. She has a loose, white shirt with large sleeves that end at her elbows and on top of that she wears a huge, light blue scarf that covers most of her chest and neck and trails long behind her. From her elbows to her knuckles she wears light brown gloves. Her pants are navy blue and although not tight, they fit snugly. Gilrin wears no shoes and thus, walks bare feet, enjoying the feeling of ground under her toes.

Personality: Quiet, friendly, sensitive, and kind. Enjoys the present moment, what's going on around her. Likes to have her own space and to work within her own time frame. She is loyal and committed to her values and to people who are important to her. Dislikes disagreements and conflicts, doesn't force her opinions or values on others. Takes teaching seriously but knows to have a good laugh every now and then.

Dragon Companion: Luinor

Luinor is quiet, serious, and thinks success should be earned by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decides logically what should be done and works towards it steadily, regardless of distractions. Takes pleasure in making everything orderly and organized - his work, his home, his life. Value traditions and loyalty. He is very fond of Gilrin, their relationship being strong and well-developed.

What did they do during the war?: Safe high up in the mountain, Gilrin never faced the war itself in her childhood - save for what stories she heard from the elders when they talked about it, in whispers. When the sylphs felt it was safe again, they came down from the mountains in trickles, some staying permanently in their high homes. The land was ravaged by the war and Gilrin could never wash away the scene of a scorched earth that would never wholly heal.

Why are they teaching here?: After what she saw when coming down from the mountains, Gilrin wished nothing else but for the ability to change the world so that it would never come to this again. She heard of the Academy years later, and knew this was her chance to make a difference to this world.

Abilities: Wind Call - Gilrin can call for the aid of winds, be their power destructive or healing. She can fly for short distances and make her arrows hit their mark. She can sense the weather changes.

Likes: Windy days, loyalty, hard work, friendship, good debating

Dislikes: Darkness, fire

Rumors: There is a rumor going around that Gilrin was seen in the near town drinking heavily - if she hears someone talking about this, she gets flustered and denies it, of course. A more steady rumor is that she is afraid to use her powers to their fullest limit.

Thanks Gil. I'll be getting her added to one of my first posts here in the next few days since I obviously can't add her to the accepted list in the IC.

Least this rate, people know it's here.

Yeah that was my fault Narvix. I wanted to include her character in one of my posts but I didn't know how to describe her, since I was assuming she was a new teacher that Dain hasn't met yet. cool.gif

I'll post in like 15 minutes when I get home. o-o

EDIT: Posted... It actually took me like 30 minutes to get home and post.. Anyways, I hope Linole is ready, Dain 'dun did' snap.

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

Time for class again. o-o

I should e home around 5ish at the latest, I normally get home around 1:45. (Wonders of advance classes) Narvix, if there is anything you want me to change, let me know.

We have a new student. Esko's caught up on the recent events and is free to start posting whenever. If he chooses for his student to arrive for the first time, I'll be setting up an NPC to get him settled in around the commotion caused by Dain's prank.

Hi! I am the new guy. Unless I am pestered in the middle of the post, I should have posted soon after this is posted.

I look forward to a great rp!

Howdy! Luckily none of us bite here. Well Dain might.. Its good to get some new faces. I forgot to tell Gil, but we do have a wiki (link is at the top of the first page on I think the OOC o-o) or you can post the form here so we don't just call your character "that new person over yonder". smile.gif (At least until Narvix finds a place for'em until Lucky gets back.)

Well, Narvix DID make the OOC thread....some things could be posted there.

Dain and Esko might not get along. Esko doesn't really like Vampires, especially sparkly ones. Get the reference?

Sure, once I sign up for the wiki, I will put my app there

You don't have to sign up for the wiki smile.gif Guest can edit it I think? Can't remember.

Anyways, I'm deciding to put extra sheets beneath the list of active student and teacher locations that I have in the second post of the OOC.