ValidEmotions

The Academy OOC

True - though it should take some of the heat off the new kid.

Since certain members of the staff have picked on the blended being that is my student....

Though she can't do much about that - other students on the other hand....

Who said Linole was picking on Agatha? tongue.gif He only asked for her name.

I was reading around the rest of the post.

Since Linole is testing to see the teacher's spine.... he maybe doing the same for the students. tongue.gif

This is true x3 specially considering he's just now threatened to wake Mizuke up by dumping a bucket of ice over her head. No one, except some of the senior students, know what abilities he might have >3

That sounds like a mix of my physics teacher and one of the chemistry lecturers I had in uni.

The physics teacher liked hitting the desk... and the chemistry lecturer carried a water blaster for the express purpose of waking sleeping students tongue.gif

The ones in front of the sleeper weren't impressed lol.

Alright, if Mitzuki hasn't posted by tomorrow evening, Linole's dumping a bucket of ice on his character's head and then moving on to the next student.

Hello! I'm a new RPer in this roleplay. I thought I'd drop in and say 'hi' before scuttling off to make a first post. So, HIIIIIII

Welcome Davin smile.gif glad you could join us. If you've any questions, feel free to ask. Do you need a brief summary about what's going on presently?

I looked up front and know a lot of people are on the language arts room, but that's pretty much it, so a summary would be excellent if you didn't mind!

I was trying to wait for Lotus, but not sure when she will be able to post. So instead I brought Dain into the conversation.

@Davin

It is basically waiting for language class at the moment, but one thing that your character may find interesting is that the Science Teacher's dragon partner was rescued as an egg from Dragon Slayers.

I can foresee some interesting interactions coming from that.

I gotta work on my posting speed.

Anyway, I'll soon be cleaning up the thread of all departed character sheets and departed character races. If they wish to rejoin in the future then they can re-do their sheets. Likewise I'll be adding all the new students up there. If anyone wants me to pretty up their sheets while I'm in there, tell me now.

Lucky, give me a minute to save copies of the inactive characters. I promised a few people that we'd save their sheets if they desired coming back with the same characters.

Edit: Okay I have copies of the inactive characters.

Edited by Narvix

I thought about removing Raven's characters since we've heard nothing from her, but I decided to give her a little bit longer to give us a head's up. If she goes another week or two with no word I'll take them down.

I'm feeling productive today. I may edit the Wiki some, post everyone's sheets in their character profiles. I'd like to let everyone know that they're free to edit their own wiki pages! In fact it makes it easier for us and pretties everything up.

ALSOOO, would you guys mind if I made canonical branches for the races, like branches on a family tree with each race being a 'leaf' on one branch? Basically, I'd describe the difference between an "Undead" and a "Demon" and so on, and make a basic key that each race would fall into so we could have names for each basic branch we can use in-RP. I've been thinking of doing this for a long time, but I held back thinking everyone may get a touch confused.

Edited by Luckyclaw

Go for it! It can tell us the relationship of one race to another and creates an almost spectrum-like element to the RP c:

EDIT: Is it sort of like an Animal Kingdom classification?

Edited by Drakonspite

That's what it sounds like to me, Drakon. I like the idea too, Lucky. Once we sort it out, I can probably fashion a sketch to match the line up for a visual depiction?

Yep. It's basically like an animal classification but for races. I'll write it all out and post it to the wiki, so keep an eye out.

It will be five families, Humanoids, Demons, Beasts, Undeads, and Inanimates. Should there be any more I add?

I don't think there's any further classifications than that. Unless someone comes up with a moving plant tongue.gif

I think I'll be adding in a '???' section as well. Just in case things like that come about, as I'll guess they won't be very common.

Okay, I am really going to create another character. Kaius is too soliditary.. it's hard to make him communicate with others without breaking character (especially when he has no need to)

Expect the sheet.. uh.. soon! since Easter's coming up and I'm getting baptized I need to prepare for the next couple of days, but I'll try to get back in as soon as possible!

All righty Lach. It'll be fun to be able to finally interact with you a bit more- I was actually going to have Seamus approach him after he was done with Felic since Kaius is probably the only character Seamus won't be racist towards. Good luck with your getting baptized and all!

You should totally make a non-humanoid.

Three classes as well as their sub-divisions, all done in one night! All that's left is Inanimates and Undeads, but it's 2:40 in the morning and I've got a bad pain in my calf for no discernible reason.

Edited by Luckyclaw

Regarding updates about my character and her race, I usually just edit the wiki articles. smile.gif I hope that it's fine that what's written in the thread's first few posts are not up-to-date and are more general than the ones in the wiki.

I remember earlier this year when I was so free that I worked on the wiki pages. I am a lot busier now and I post a lot less than I want to. D:

But of course, the sheets are only really there for when you're typing a post, need some information, and don't want to hunt on the Wiki. The Wiki is where you should go if you want to go in depth about your race, update information, and add in some fun tidbits. That's all what it's there for.