ValidEmotions

The Academy OOC

Mitzuki, what type of keyboard where you aiming for in Mizuki's room? Piano's have yet to be cut down to a keyboard size and technology like computers don't exist yet.

I meant piano. Sorry about that. Also forgot to mention that it took up quite some space in her room.

Dragons can be capable of magic. Depends on the breed and (if non-DC especially) it depends on what you want.

For example: Felic's dragon, Sorge, has the ability to learn of an individual's greatest fears or lamentations and turn them into tangible illusions. Illusions can be created from other emotions but the negative ones are what she's strongest with.

Similarly, Soria's dragon, Duordin, can will be able to use energy magic. Though he cannot fly, he's adept in agility and speed.

Shooka (Al'nivte's dragon), however, does not know magic. Not naturally. The only thing that's special about him is his blue fire that is struck through with yellow "bolts". If he wants to use magic, he needs to go through the process of learning new spells (which isn't too hard for him anyways).

Dragons can have different-colored fire than the typical red/orange. However, I don't expect all of them to. Duordin has red-orange fire as normal. Sorge has red-orange fire that's faintly edged with light blue.

Yeah, in the Dragon Encyclopedia, it says Royal Blues exhale steam instead of fire, but can I still have Tulvir be able to breathe fire?

Also, I think Royal Blues are pretty capable of magic, right?

It's really up to you Esko and what their lore says. I don't know much about RBs and their capability of magic myself so feel free for Tulvir to have some kind of ability. However, if they exhale steam and not fire, it'd require a bit of a mutation in their DNA for one to breathe fire.

I tend to separate magic from abilities (innate or not). After all, not every creature that has abilities can use magic since not all abilities are magic based. Maybe a little confusing but that's generally how I see the two.

Basically, I classify magic as requiring spells (be they short or long and involving trinkets or not) and/or gestures. Abilities don't.

Roughly how long is it until my egg hatches? By a week everyone's pretty much hatched, but is it actually sooner?

Edited by SULDhasno

It all depends on what you decide. Some people's eggs hatched in a day, some hatched in three. I kinda just got here, so my egg isn't close to hatching. I gotta wait a day

Yeah, I asked that question before, and good ol Narvix answered

Some people, like me, who only use the dragon to make a post if needed took like 3 months

Can Me and Mouse just skip to the point where we're done with the tour? Takhesis since to be busy with some other stuff so can we just skip to the point where we are settled in?

Go ahead. Just let me know what rooms you two pick for your students. There's a running list at the front of the thread. (My first post that isn't IC.)

Narvix, what is the answer? I want Esko to get it right |D

Because, honestly, not everyone is going to be good at riddles. I want to test your own skill. This is why I made my own riddle for my last post; so you couldn't look up the answer.

*Sneaks in ninja like* Hi again everyone ^^! I see we have quite a few new awesome people and a great plot going on too ^^

Edited by LotusDragon

Yup ^^ Couple new faces since you were last on and a lot of familiar faces gone too.

I'm trying to push the plot Lucky and I had in mind for the thread into motion.

Aaaerrrrrrrgggggg going to just post now. I should not be lazing

I'm working on my first post back, no guarantees on quality here studying took a lot out of my brain today hehehe.

I'll post in 30 or so minutes.

Edit: Lotus, as for what we spoke about, they already gave Dain a blood pack.

EDIT2: Posted, though it seems really small...

Also, can I answer deh riddle? biggrin.gif