TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

some have terrible (dialup) and it is just simply too hard to grab

some have no time to sit endlessly to hunt

Well yes, and it's all well and good that you're gifting them, but I don't have terrible connection and I have the time but I still can't grab any because others are grabbing them to gift first. I just want one, and I see gifters with 4+ XD

I'm sure I'll get one eventually anyway so it doesn't bother me TOO much. I'd also much rather grab my own than be gifted one. I want that sense of accomplishment...

I really don't see your point considering I've gifted other Holidays I caught from the AP.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I gifted a Snow Angel. If the thing genders on your scroll say with Gold Wings and you gifted it to someone else with a completely different set of wings, would that Snow Angel alter itself to fit with that person's scroll even though it matured on yours?

2nd stage hatchlings all have white wings. but they would still alter to be whatever scroll angel you have.

user posted image

Edited by reddof-f6

Well think about it this way.

If I have already grabbed hollies, my choice is either to gift, keep or dump it back into the AP.

If I'm not keeping it, the choices are to either dump back the egg to the AP or gift it.

Edited by DarkEternity

I tried a total of 9 hours yesterday and a further 4 hours today without a success at grabbing a holly, must of clicked on over a 100.

I have been extremely lucky to trade etc but the chance of actually nabbing one from the AP would just be so exciting..

Gifting is lovely and I give and receive myself but perhaps bit more of a balance? There is something to be said from catching your own also wink.gif It will only get worse over the weekend as incuhatches happen and more space on the fast clickers..

I get you on the Holly clicking. I guess it's my connection as I always got the you look for the egg but can't seem to find it. And then there was the pages that would take forever to upload. I know the first kid of my Holly next year will be gifted for sure. I was blown that two people offered me their kid but I declined one even though that one was a lower gen (it was going to be gifted next year). A Holly is a holly.

Edited by Spyridon

Well think about it this way.

If I have already grabbed hollies, my choice is either to gift, keep or dump it back into the AP.

If I'm not keeping it, the choices are to either dump back the egg to the AP or gifting it.

so your saying that you will gift both your 2g holly's since you didnt list trading as a option biggrin.gif

2nd stage hatchlings all have white wings. but they would still alter to be whatever scroll angel you have.

user posted image

Oh okay. That makes more sense now.

This has been a great DC Christmas season for me so far. I have collected some nice gen 2 eggs to start building checker lineages. (Thank you TJ for lifting limits to make this possible. wub.gif)

I have bred some of my CB Christmas dragons and still have some left to breed. Sorry everyone but all my Holly offspring that I can control are already promised. I will be breeding them next week, so there may be some added to the AP then if they breed big clutches. I have seen far more Holly eggs on the AP this year than ever before.

And I am loving the Snow Wars! Have made it to level 25. I am still playing around with my fort. Right now I am accumulating snow much faster than I am using it, but I will keep tweaking things, so I'll use a lot more later.

Thanks TJ, artists, and everyone who made this possible!

And now I am anxiously awaiting the new 2013 Christmas dragon. wink.gif

Everyone's got their own play style and let them have it. I'd rather that those Hollies are caught by gifters, then by hoarders who use rule breaking means to get them. And believe me, there's a whole lot of them.

This has been a great DC Christmas season for me so far. I have collected some nice gen 2 eggs to start building checker lineages. (Thank you TJ for lifting limits to make this possible. wub.gif)

I have bred some of my CB Christmas dragons and still have some left to breed. Sorry everyone but all my Holly offspring that I can control are already promised. I will be breeding them next week, so there may be some added to the AP then if they breed big clutches. I have seen far more Holly eggs on the AP this year than ever before.

And I am loving the Snow Wars! Have made it to level 25. I am still playing around with my fort. Right now I am accumulating snow much faster than I am using it, but I will keep tweaking things, so I'll use a lot more later.

Thanks TJ, artists, and everyone who made this possible!

And now I am anxiously awaiting the new 2013 Christmas dragon. wink.gif

I know! What kind of theme could the new dragon be, all the shiny stuff taken, christmas lights? Christmas pudding? xd.png

what level are you? Mine never last more than a couple min LOL

tips?

I'm level 25. (9 snow an hour)

Uh... The snowball thread in forum games gets you more experience.

so your saying that you will gift both your 2g holly's since you didnt list trading as a option biggrin.gif

Oh yes, I forgot trading.

I've been collecting even gens, though.

I've gifted a 2nd gen holly (not ones I've caught) in the past, but they don't count.

Everyone's got their own play style and let them have it. I'd rather that those Hollies are caught by gifters, then by hoarders who use rule breaking means to get them. And believe me, there's a whole lot of them.

I agree with you. I just cry when I see a caveborn breed with a messy lineaged mate.

Talking about that, if I buy a tall tower, I go up six point. When why is my HP like 18 points higher than it should have been? Is that a glitch?

Got the messy Wrapping-wing egg I needed, now I'm out of the AP till some of my babies hatch later tonight. I just bred my Holly (3 eggs), both my Yulebucks (5 eggs between them), both my Wrapping-wings (5 eggs between them), and one of my Winter Magis (2 eggs). None of them are CB except the WWs, but they're mostly 2nd-3rd gen (the Holly is longer but it's a nice line). Hopefully there are now some decent lineages floating around the AP since all the eggs went there--I didn't keep any. I still have to breed my two Snow Angels, my Ribbon Dancers, and my other Winter Magi, but I haven't figured out their mates yet. I don't have matching ones so I'll have to get creative. Should be interesting =)

I know! What kind of theme could the new dragon be, all the shiny stuff taken, christmas lights? Christmas pudding? xd.png

How about a nutcracker dragon? One that constantly ambushed nut farms and leave you only shells behind?

How about a nutcracker dragon? One that constantly ambushed nut farms and leave you only shells behind?

That'd certainly be... Interesting...

I agree with you. I just cry when I see a caveborn breed with a messy lineaged mate.

Talking about that, if I buy a tall tower, I go up six point. When why is my HP like 18 points higher than it should have been? Is that a glitch?

Me and you both. Still doesn't mean that I want to stop them. I just make sure that my dragons are nicely breed.

Me and you both. Still doesn't mean that I want to stop them. I just make sure that my dragons are nicely breed.

I wish I can get Snow Angels from Yulebucks that will have Gold Tipped Wings. But I can't so I'll just stick with my 2nd Gen Winters from Yulebucks. At least it will be an even gen, if imperfect checker.

That'd certainly be... Interesting...

I was also thinking of an avalanche dragon that sleeps in the deep snow drifts and when it swims in the snow, its movements cause avalanches in the high mountains.

Or a mistletoe pygmy that whistles when someone kisses under their branch or something.

Edited by Spyridon

I just wish lineages didn't matter enough for anyone to get picky over how they looked...because personally I think a CB Gold should be of the same worth as a messy inbred 20+ generation Gold. Same applies to the holiday dragons. XD

Unfortunately that's not the case...

And don't get me wrong, I would much rather people grab up the Hollies to gift rather than just hoard, but at the same time, it's not a bad thing when people hoard. It's their scroll and they feel like collecting Hollies. It just seems really bad because Hollies are in high demand all the time.

I wish I had checked influence a bit earlier =x I had plotted to get a male/female hatchi to freeze. But looks like it's restricted to gender = ungendered. So I'll try to trade off one of my ribbon dancers when it hatches for a hatchie I don't have. I don't think I want to drop them since they hatch soonish. Hollies seem to be as common as I expected them to be this year. Giving them out as prizes really helped the population!

I'm hording my own christmas dragon breeding for Christmas day this year. Just cause. And since we can only fill two egg slots anyway.

Oh my goodness how fun would that be - could possibly be snow related to the game we have? Fun thoughts

Must go to sleep sooo late. Hope to breed the rest of CB holidays and perhaps the not so pretty lineages this weekend, since some might want to freeze the messier ones?

Appreciated the wall of christmas eggs that happened earlier around 5-6pm UK time, do some want messy or should I just appreciate their sprites contained on my scroll?

Appreciated the wall of christmas eggs that happened earlier around 5-6pm UK time

...and here I was buying a turkey crown.

Bah. laugh.gif