TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

What? I thought everything used to be either gender, with (old) Pinks and Purple being female-only. Hollies were apparently male-only in the beginning but then the next year females were discovered...

Everything used to only be male...?

Back before the sprites were updated, back when most dragon images were still "borrowed," yes - most dragons were male-only.

Then those limits were lifted, and the male-only breeds could also be female, but the female-only breeds remained female-only for quite a while after that.

EDIT:

With more Christmas dragons being able to be collected, does anyone know if the Christmas Angels will still be the same color on your scroll, or is there a chance that all of the colors are now available for everyone? (Sorry if this has been asked before.)

I guess we'll find out, won't we?

Although I do suspect it's still coded on a scroll-by-scroll basis... But we won't know for certain until they grow up!

Edited by SolarCat

Definitly love the snow wars, and I even managed to catch missing Holiday eggs (except for 2007 one). Breeded my own Hollies too, keeping only one Snow Angel baby for chance different alt and gifted/abadonded rest.

Now if I only manage to catch new Christmas eggs when they start to appear, I'll be very satisfied (and Snow Angels are different variant of my own dragon, too).

Leveling has been bit slow for me, though, since I have concentrated to building my snow castle biggrin.gif

Snow Angel wing types are coded to your scroll, so you'll only ever be able to have one color of Snow Angel, no matter how many you keep or grab.

Reached lvl 25 yay, and am egg-locked... no holly hunting for me either heh..

Finally got a pair of last year's dragons though, yay!

Good luck everyone else, who's hunting :3

Okay, so I don't feel like a total noob. Someone was kind enough to donate me my first Holly and then someone else traded the other for a couple of Shimmers. This year has been great DC wise. Now I just need to get CB Neglecteds and Golds. laugh.gif

I do have a complaint about this year's event.

...I'm going to be sad when it's turned off and we can't play snowball fights anymore... sad.gif

Because it really is fun!

(Taking a break from attacking today, since I'm level 25 and I'd like to make mine all nice and pretty... I'm going to be back to throwing snowballs later, though!)

I caught my first Holly and of course it had to have one of the worst lineages I could imagine

how do people even let this happen and then breed them for others???? sigh beggars can't be choosers I guess

but at least my fort is finally coming along pretty well uwu although I'm only level 10 ;o;

I'm having a lot of fun with the event this year

I, evidently, suck at this...I haven;t got a clue how to do this snow fort thing! xd.png

Anyone have any tips?

You build your fort by adding items you have in your inventory on the ice field, and you use the remaining snow to either repair your fort or to attack other people's forts. smile.gif

Is it possible to edit your fort after you reach level 25? smile.gif

Can you still edit your fort after you reach the maximum level?

yes you can still attack and build your fort after max level smile.gif

You build your fort by adding items you have in your inventory on the ice field, and you use the remaining snow to either repair your fort or to attack other people's forts. smile.gif

Absolutely you can add and edit to hearts desire biggrin.gif

Haha thanks! I figured it out a couple of minutes after I posted :') I chalked up my unsuccessfulness to my stupid laptop, which wouldn't let me add things to the screen until I whacked it xd.png

Oh, super! Can't wait to see what kind of fort I'll be able to make after I reach the maximum level. smile.gif

I'm definitely no architect, but this is a lot of fun. I'm still only level 13 I think...still working. It will be easier once I don't have to try and log in from my work computer.

And..I managed to get one Holly egg that people keep mentioning. The egg is so pretty. I like all of these Christmas dragons a lot!

With the snow fight, we can win "rare dragons".

Means this something like the prize dragons (Shimmers, Tinsels...) or the "normal" rares like Gold/Silver/Copper...?

I love it that you still accumulate it when you're inactive... 6 hours of inactivity and 6 of checking in twice. Can't wait 'till I can just build my snowfort and make it all pretty, but that's when I'm at the max (25) level.

With the snow fight, we can win "rare dragons".

Means this something like the prize dragons (Shimmers, Tinsels...) or the "normal" rares like Gold/Silver/Copper...?

Could be a brand new dragon, like the tinsels or shimmer in how they were gave away. Or, you could opt to receive something else like a frill or a cb holly or something. A least, that's wha I've read from strolling the announcements area and other areas.

I caught my first Holly and of course it had to have one of the worst lineages I could imagine

how do people even let this happen and then breed them for others???? sigh beggars can't be choosers I guess

but at least my fort is finally coming along pretty well uwu although I'm only level 10 ;o;

I'm having a lot of fun with the event this year

My fort's starting to look better too. Also, in love with the pixel art in your siggy ;_;

I'm gonna turn my fort into a castle. MWAHAHAHA!

How long does you snow usually last?

I was lucky enough to catch two Holly eggs in the ap, but I have one to a friend of mine who can't play DC too much because of work. I would like to get a second one for myself some time, but I can always breed one myself next year now that I have one -nods-

Snow Angel wing types are coded to your scroll, so you'll only ever be able to have one color of Snow Angel, no matter how many you keep or grab.

Huh, didn't know that one... or at least it wasn't mentioned anywhere I looked it about. *looks Snow Angel wiki page again* Okay, now it's noticiable that english isn't my first language, understood that part as "can have only one of each alt".

Pity, would have been nice have some variety... but then it means that I don't need my Snow eggs anymore.