TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

Can someone please tell me how this snow stuff works? ^^; I know you get snow every hour, but does it show up like the trick-or-treats, or does it just accumulate in your snow pile? huh.gif Also, attacking people gains you levels/experience but strengthening your fort doesn't? ^^; This event is a bit confusing ^^;

It automatically accumulates.

Strengthening your fort allows you to be attacked more before needing to spend snow repairing it, but only attacking and being attacked gets you exp.

Being able to own more than two of the past Christmas dragons fits very nicely into my "family-themed" scroll, but are the gender restrictions being lifted?

I mean, until now only Hollies could be either male or female. All the Christmas dragons since have either been all male or all female. Has that changed?

Can we create purebred Christmas lineages now?

Hollies became two-gender because they were released back when the only female dragons were pink and purple and everything else was male (with the possible exception of silvers?) When the gender restrictions were lifted so that the male breeds could also be female, the Hollies were included.

Other breeds after that are single-breed will most likely always remain single breed.

An easy way to check, of course, is to see if you can influence the eggs. If you can, then they can be either gender. If you can't, then they are one-gender only.

I can't influence the other breeds I picked up, so no, just one gender still.

TJ said there's a glitch where it only changes color if you level up by attacking rather than being attacked. He said he'll fix it soon, though smile.gif

If that's not it, try a few hard refreshes?

I levelled up to 25 by attacking and am still at silver, so I thought perhaps I'd need to be attacked afterward to have it go gold?

I'd read something like that, I thought...

Edit: yup, I was attacked and after repairing went gold, so thanks to someone, lol.

Edited by Syphoneira

I levelled up to 25 by attacking and am still at silver, so I thought perhaps I'd need to be attacked afterward to have it go gold?

I'd read something like that, I thought...

Edit: yup, I was attacked and after repairing went gold, so thanks to someone, lol.

Attacking is caring. wink.gif

Yaaay!!! Max Level! ^-^ So happy!

Man! Snow Wars, New Dragon that I can't wait to see, it's all great! =D Thank you TJ and spriters and everyone else that was apart of putting this together!!! x3

just managed to reach level 25 without ever upgrading my fort from the first few blocks i put out. And i only repaired it three times. And i don't think anyone ever attacked me, i only used the random function. I must admit I'm a little proud of myself ~ Time to save up snow and build an awesome snow fort!

(btw, could someone attack me now, so that i may get the gold medal? someone said it fixked it for them, so)

It automatically accumulates.

Strengthening your fort allows you to be attacked more before needing to spend snow repairing it, but only attacking and being attacked gets you exp.

Ah, I get it :3 Thank you for explaining it for me :3

Level 16. Holly hunting in between attacks/repairs. I'm enjoying this event more than I thought I would. happy.gif

Hollies became two-gender because they were released back when the only female dragons were pink and purple and everything else was male (with the possible exception of silvers?) When the gender restrictions were lifted so that the male breeds could also be female, the Hollies were included.

What? I thought everything used to be either gender, with (old) Pinks and Purple being female-only. Hollies were apparently male-only in the beginning but then the next year females were discovered...

Everything used to only be male...?

Seeing all of these Hollies whiz by... A Holly is all I really want this year... I guess I'll keep on trying!

I wish I could catch a holly -am i really that rubbish at AP hunting?

on a brighter note is level 25 -the top level for the snow game?

I saw it posted somewhere but I cant find it now but what are is the max level/exp/units hr./? biggrin.gif

Yup, 25 is the top wink.gif

How long will the breeding last? Until this year it used to be one week, but now there's no end specified. Is there any information?

I saw it posted somewhere but I cant find it now but what are is the max level/exp/units hr./? biggrin.gif

25 is the max level, at 98 EXP. 9 units/hour. smile.gif

Ahhhhh, man, locked myself. Guess that means no more holly hunting for me, for now. :c

Wow, now that the breed limits are gone, I can decide if I want to freeze some hatchlings. I always had a rule against it just because it limited the breeding pool but now...

25 is the max level, at 98 EXP. 9 units/hour. smile.gif

Ahhhhh, man, locked myself. Guess that means no more holly hunting for me, for now. :c

Ahh thank you! And congratz on all the catches!

Definitly love the snow wars, and I even managed to catch missing Holiday eggs (except for 2007 one). Breeded my own Hollies too, keeping only one Snow Angel baby for chance different alt and gifted/abadonded rest.

Now if I only manage to catch new Christmas eggs when they start to appear, I'll be very satisfied (and Snow Angels are different variant of my own dragon, too).

Leveling has been bit slow for me, though, since I have concentrated to building my snow castle biggrin.gif

Oh, this is so much fun (level 25 - finally!) - and holiday no limit breeding!

That's a great idea.

Thanks to everyone involved.

What? I thought everything used to be either gender, with (old) Pinks and Purple being female-only. Hollies were apparently male-only in the beginning but then the next year females were discovered...

Everything used to only be male...?

As far as I can tell there were just no sprite differences between males and females, save for Silvers. e: But yes, old-pinks and purples were female-only and Hollies were initially male-only.

And yessss, being level 25 and having the snow income to make my base ~*~pretty~*~ is awesome!

Edited by Guillotine

Definitly love the snow wars, and I even managed to catch missing Holiday eggs (except for 2007 one). Breeded my own Hollies too, keeping only one Snow Angel baby for chance different alt and gifted/abadonded rest.

Now if I only manage to catch new Christmas eggs when they start to appear, I'll be very satisfied (and Snow Angels are different variant of my own dragon, too).

Leveling has been bit slow for me, though, since I have concentrated to building my snow castle biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see what the new christmas dragons look like!

With more Christmas dragons being able to be collected, does anyone know if the Christmas Angels will still be the same color on your scroll, or is there a chance that all of the colors are now available for everyone? (Sorry if this has been asked before.)