TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

Anyone know the last day we can breed our xmas dragons? Usually TJ posts this....hmmmm.

it always ends after Christmas is over. =]

Even with max snow income, icicles are expensive... Lobbing one means waiting another hour for remodling. WHY TJ?! WHY MUST YOU TEST OUR PATIENCE ON A TIME WASTING ADDICTIVE GAME?!

17! What about you? I am trying to stay patient as I wait for more snow.

22, though my fort looks ugly because I recycled a ton of things.

I'm level 20 waiting for more snow to throw until level 25 so I can forget about this and get to decorating or waiting for the raffle to start

Screw the maximum level. What's the maximum rate I can get? I haven't heard of 11SB/hour. Are stuck at 9? I tend to use them fast.

Just wanted to pop back in to say grats to those who just grabbed my friend's extra 2nd gens she just bred. ^^

Spyridon: 9/hr @ lvl 25.

This has been a great DC Christmas season for me so far. I have collected some nice gen 2 eggs to start building checker lineages. (Thank you TJ for lifting limits to make this possible. wub.gif)

I have bred some of my CB Christmas dragons and still have some left to breed. Sorry everyone but all my Holly offspring that I can control are already promised. I will be breeding them next week, so there may be some added to the AP then if they breed big clutches. I have seen far more Holly eggs on the AP this year than ever before.

And I am loving the Snow Wars! Have made it to level 25. I am still playing around with my fort. Right now I am accumulating snow much faster than I am using it, but I will keep tweaking things, so I'll use a lot more later.

Thanks TJ, artists, and everyone who made this possible!

And now I am anxiously awaiting the new 2013 Christmas dragon.  wink.gif

guessing more hollies might be due to tj upping the chances of more clutches or the cb dragons being more generous than usual. Mine decided to be generous again.

Do wish people would take more care choosing mates for their xmas dragons so that folks unfortunate enough not to be an owner of a cb version can catch an xmas dragon with a good lineage

Edited by bluebell_rose

So random question, but say after you had released all of your other holiday eggs besides the one you're allowed to keep, would you be able to keep another if you find it in the AP? huh.gif

So random question, but say after you had released all of your other holiday eggs besides the one you're allowed to keep, would you be able to keep another if you find it in the AP? huh.gif

yup, past dragons are limitless. You can keep the offspring of your dragon and pick one up from the AP as long as you have the space for it.

Does anyone know what the maximum health is?

I actually calculated it. 384 if you're smart about it.

Yep... whether it's the ones you bred though depends on your luck of being able to catch it in time. But theoretically, if you abandon the other 1-3 of a clutch, you could find it if you immediately go to the AP and look.

Does anyone know what the maximum health is?

I haven't heard yet, but I know there were people well over 200. I'm about 180, and with what I have planned, I may go up another 200 or so.I expect it's possible to top that by maybe another 200-300 points.

What are the calculations?

Well, there are three factors that I took into consideration; cost, hp, and area. First you need to find the common denominator for the Cost, you then recalculate the HP using the multiplier (or keep the ratios) and then divide by the area or square foot. You should get a single number at the end. The one with the highest number is the one with the best efficiency at HP per size.

Once I found which item has the best efficiency, I calculated how many I could stick on the grid and then calculated the HP, it was 384. Of course, I'm putting my theory to the test by actually doing it.

Edited by Spyridon

Well, there are three factors that I took into consideration; cost, hp, and area. First you need to find the common denominator for the Cost, you then recalculate the HP using the multiplier (or keep the ratios) and then divide by the area or square foot. You should get a single number at the end. The one with the highest number is the one with the best efficiency at HP per size.

Once I found which item has the best efficiency, I calculated how many I could stick on the grid and then calculated the HP, it was 384. Of course, I'm putting my theory to the test by actually doing it.

blink.gif

A+ 10/10

This is the best answer ever. xd.png

It doesn't sound far off (if it is), either.

I actually calculated it. 384 if you're smart about it.

Actually SockPuppet calculated it more towards 1500+ if you cover every inch of the grid with the tall ice towers. The grid is 16x16 and the tall ice towers are 6 health each. 16 x 16=256 x 6 = 1536

But of course who'd want to cover their whole grid with that? xd.png

I prefer covering it with snow kittens. Low HP but maximum cuteness. biggrin.gif

Wow. Like FortyTwo said, A+. But then that's the average amount of health when everything has been placed, not thr maximum, right?

I think you missed a number. I looked at what you seem to be doing, and I think the total is 1536.

EtA: and totally ninja'd again. Glad to see my numbers stand up, though. smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

The highest possible HP is a lot more if you ignore cost efficiency, though. If you just look at which item has the highest HP per square, you get the big tower which takes up one square and gives 6 HP. The grid is 16 by 16, so that's 256 squares. 6 HP per square, so 256*6, which gives us a max HP of 1536. I think they cost 6 snowballs each, so you basically pay 1 snowball for each HP smile.gif

Edit: aaand ninja'd xd.png

Edited by Rhynn Collins

This doesn't have much to do with anything, but th snow rate in this game is so very unrealistic. I've been building a small igloo in the backyard for about two hours now, and I'm out of snow. The highest point, which is about two feet long and twie as high as everywhere else, is lower than me crouching, and I'm pretty small.