TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

so just had THE worst day at work grumbly, very happy though to reach level 25 and build a better fort. Thanks so so much for the holiday event all those who prepared it, so very much fun!

Has the flow of christmas eggs ebbed a little today?

so just had THE worst day at work grumbly, very happy though to reach level 25 and build a better fort. Thanks so so much for the holiday event all those who prepared it, so very much fun!

I got yelled and sworn at all day at work. And then my dog pissed on my bed. I'm sharing your bad day. tongue.gif As for the Christmas eggs, it seems to have dropped off since earlier, though I'm not sure if that's just the time of day. There are also less people in the AP so I suspect it probably is a time thing.

Yeah, I think it usually tends to... A lot of people will breed straight away on the first day, and a lot will want to breed on Christmas Day. Mid week tends to slow off a bit.

still holly are hard to hatch in the AP, I fail all so far, but there more appearing then last year, so hopefully I can catch some biggrin.gif snow out, so waiting for more snows.

Yes, I believe it has...

I haven't seen a Hollie for a bit now...

All I want for Christmas is a Hollie, a Hollie.

All I want for Christmas is a Hollie, then I will be Jolly...

hahaha, back to the AP...

Thanks for the Games, TJ and Spriters... Looking forward to the new drop...

The problem with Hollies, I think, is us breeders are getting mixed messages. I see a lot of concern about not being able to get a Holly because of the non-limits, but then I also see a LOT of negativity over picking up higher or "messy" lineages. So do I want to breed my Holly and *hope* that it goes to someone who'll be grateful for it? Maybe I'll just offer it in trade or something.

I've clicked on loads and not been fast enough. Although I was gifted two, (one last year and one this) if I got any Holly from the AP it would be treasured. The messy lineages, the inbreds - they're all welcome on my scroll!

The people who whine about others "hoarding" or how they haven't caught anything within the first day--I tend to think they're either VERY impatient, or are very new to DC. Either way, pay no mind. In my experience, good things always happen to those who wait.

Whether it's by your on hand, or some kind breeder, or even something better than you expected. Just relax a little and enjoy the holidays, guys! tongue.gif

Fun stuff!

How in the world did people get their stuff to so high already? I think I saw that someone had their fort at 109 and their experience at 25? Sheesh

My forts at 75 total health. When you get to level 15 you unlock ice stuff use that, it helps. And 9 snow an hour at level 25 helps too smile.gif

Yeah, I don't care about the lineage of the holly I get - if I manage to get ANY holly, just one, I will be happy beyond belief. I'm glad that this year, there'll be less of a limit on hollies, so next year we'll have way more.

I got yelled and sworn at all day at work. And then my dog pissed on my bed. I'm sharing your bad day. tongue.gif As for the Christmas eggs, it seems to have dropped off since earlier, though I'm not sure if that's just the time of day. There are also less people in the AP so I suspect it probably is a time thing.

Swore at tick, yelled at tick. Dog weeing the bed?! I am one step ahead laugh.gif Poor thing! Thanks for all confirmation ebbed a little and still dropping, least off now and can spend time attempting to nab hollies - I do have some already but now its that pure challenge of trying to catch one myself

Sadly most of the hollies I've caught are messy. :'c Only 4 or 5 have been 3rd gens.

Oh well, gotta keep trying for those elusive 2nd gens! Thankfully it seems easier to catch them today than it was yesterday.

Pfft, I'd actually be delighted to catch a super-messy or inbred Holly. I really want one more like that. *g*

The problem with Hollies, I think, is us breeders are getting mixed messages. I see a lot of concern about not being able to get a Holly because of the non-limits, but then I also see a LOT of negativity over picking up higher or "messy" lineages. So do I want to breed my Holly and *hope* that it goes to someone who'll be grateful for it? Maybe I'll just offer it in trade or something.

I have the same problem. My adult Holly's lineage is an utter disaster - long, inbred, MESS. But I love her because she was my first Holly and, for a couple years, my only Holly. I'm planning to give away her offspring from this year, but I'm watching for someone who doesn't mind the mess of a lineage because I want the baby to be loved.

(To whom it may concern: don't PM me about this, please. I don't do beggars and I'm locked at the moment and won't be breeding her just yet anyway.)

ETA: @Imbecamiel - But... you have a Holly! Out of curiosity, why are you after a messy lineage specifically?

Edited by LibbyLishly

Am I right in thinking that once we put something on our fort grid we can't take it off again?

Drag and drop isn't doing it for me.

Help, anyone?

Am I right in thinking that once we put something on our fort grid we can't take it off again?

Drag and drop isn't doing it for me.

Help, anyone?

Double click the item and you will be refunded half the snow smile.gif

Pfft, I'd actually be delighted to catch a super-messy or inbred Holly. I really want one more like that. *g*

xd.png For freezing?

ETA: @Imbecamiel - But... you have a Holly! Out of curiosity, why are you after a messy lineage specifically?

Because I just love the little babies, and want to keep them... but with desirable things I really hate to freeze ones that I know others would love to have to actually breed. :3

Because I just love the little babies, and want to keep them... but with desirable things I really hate to freeze ones that I know others would love to have to actually breed. :3

Ahhhhh, should have thought of that myself. laugh.gif

Being able to own more than two of the past Christmas dragons fits very nicely into my "family-themed" scroll, but are the gender restrictions being lifted?

I mean, until now only Hollies could be either male or female. All the Christmas dragons since have either been all male or all female. Has that changed?

Can we create purebred Christmas lineages now?

Being able to own more than two of the past Christmas dragons fits very nicely into my "family-themed" scroll, but are the gender restrictions being lifted?

I mean, until now only Hollies could be either male or female.  All the Christmas dragons since have either been all male or all female.  Has that changed?

Can we create purebred Christmas lineages now?

No, the breeds that were only one gender will stay that way. I don't think that would ever change. happy.gif

I'm level 25, but still silver medal. Any ideas on what's required to change it to gold?

ETA: It must be related to how many attacks you dish out ... I attacked a couple more times and it turned to gold ^.^

Edited by jerusha

Can someone please tell me how this snow stuff works? ^^; I know you get snow every hour, but does it show up like the trick-or-treats, or does it just accumulate in your snow pile? huh.gif Also, attacking people gains you levels/experience but strengthening your fort doesn't? ^^; This event is a bit confusing ^^;

I'm level 25, but still silver medal. Any ideas on what's required to change it to gold?

TJ said there's a glitch where it only changes color if you level up by attacking rather than being attacked. He said he'll fix it soon, though smile.gif

If that's not it, try a few hard refreshes?