edwardelricfreak

Steven Universe!

I'm loving this show, and I can't help squealing when steven and connie have cute moments. I also like larsxsadie, but they haven't shown up in a while. Also, my b-day is in august, so peridot is my birthstone. Also, sardonyx? Never heard of that. Peridot comes off as a bit silly imo, due to her voice and her weird helicopter-hands

Ahhhh, Peridot is my absolute favorite. She's just so wily and silly, she's replaced Garnet in my heart. Though, she's a close second after Sapphire.

Yeah, she's a cool villain. She's smart, but her voice and personality make her look really silly. Apparently, there's a chance she may be redeemed, but after the whole fusion-experiment, even if she is redeemed she probably won't join the crystal gems.

I can't emphasize enough the fact that Steven Universe is one of the best shows airing right now and that it has huge potential. Right now, a lot of TV shows are incredibly ugly and have no values being taught in them whatsoever. I love how SU allows people to relate it to different aspects of life but also how good things can be garnered from it.

My favorite character has always been Pearl since the start of the series. As the show continued to progress, all the scenes/moments/episodes that highlight Pearl's attitude/personality/mannerisms and past just made me like her even more because the more things were revealed, the more I related to her. *shrugs* I guess she just reminds me a lot of myself and some situations she's been through/the way she handles things just mirrors the way I do things too.

As of right now, I feel like the show is building up some serious stuff and I love how the show steadily gets better and better. There's never ever a dull moment watching SU. Admittedly, I get incredibly addicted and I can't stop watching after I watch one episode.xd.png

Have you seen some (major) spoiler from comic-con?

Yay Sardonyxxx!

Hopefully that was Yellow Diamond in that second one, chills.

Edited by lollipop00

SARDONYX will be voiced by JANELLE MONAE

I'm so happy I could cry. ;~; My life is complete. Janelle <3

SARDONYX will be voiced by JANELLE MONAE

I'm so happy I could cry. ;~; My life is complete. Janelle <3

Actually, her VA is Alexia Khadime, the Janelle rumors were simply rumors :c

But hey, we've got an Elphaba! biggrin.gif

Why did it leave off like that? I have to wait till tomorrow or maybe the whole week to see Garnet and Pearl make up. ;-;

Why did it leave off like that? I have to wait till tomorrow or maybe the whole week to see Garnet and Pearl make up. ;-;

The whole week is supposed to be the week of sardonyx, implying we'll see her every day.

So this either means they'll forgive quickly or forcibly compromise.

Sapphire one eye confirmed!!

and omg they kissed and it was so cute <3

Like I am going to drown in them like I cannot take itttt!!!!!!!!!

So nice to see those 2 again <3

*faints*

Edited by lollipop00

I'm making a guess that the mystery fusion seen in Historical Friction is Rose/Garnet. Dem hips don't lie.

For a non spoiler remark, Steven Universe returns August 6th.

Edited by zaverxi

I learned how to make gifs of videos! So when SU comes back, if you have any requests, let me know. =3

I need to catch up on SU, but my time schedule prevents me from doing so ;0;

What do I hear about Steven in a dress

STEVEN IN A DRESS

SMOLIDOT

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Smolidot.

It wasn't really a dress tho...

Peridot, unwilling addition to the crystal gems?

She can't escape the Steven!

Also we learned something new about Pearl, which explains a lot about why she is the way she is.

I wonder how many people are shipping Peridot/Amethyst now.

Did I hear that SU is going on hiatus?

Upsetting, but now I've got a chance to catch up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Peridot and Amethyst?; huh.gif I'm curious now.

Did I hear that SU is going on hiatus?

Upsetting, but now I've got a chance to catch up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Peridot and Amethyst?; huh.gif I'm curious now.

All cartoons on CN go on hiatus over the winter apparently. Jerks take a months-long holiday and fling reruns at us. It says on official sources that 'Too Far' was the last episode of 2015. So... no new episodes until January at least.

Excuse them they cannot leave my perfect blue angle at the bottom of the ocean and then say "No more episodes this year." YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO ME. I need more smol Peridot that has somehow become canon.

I started getting into Steven Universe about a week back and I've watched nearly all of the episodes (out of order I'm afraid). I love pretty much all of the characters apart from Onion. I'm sorry, but I just can't take to the kid.

Anyway I have a few theories and questions and was hoping I could discuss them or get answers here. I'm going to white out because maybe spoilers.

Is Sadie a dwarf or is it the way she's drawn? I didn't realise it at first but she is much shorter than Lars and the other people around their age. In fact she's much closer to Steven, a ten year old, in terms of height. I like how the show includes people of all shapes and sizes and teaches that no matter big or small you are you can still be beautiful. I know it doesn't really matter if Sadie is a dwarf or not, but if she is I think it's awesome that nothing is ever made of it in her interactions with other characters.

When it comes to the gender of the Gems I think it is simply a case of Alien vs Human biology. Gems don't normally reproduce like humans do so I think the concept of 'gender' must have been a strange one to them. Back on the Home World there are no 'females' because there are no 'males' either. With everyone being the same there is no need to differentiate. It's just that the default form Gems adopt are a lot like human women, so the Crystal Gems probably identify with them better then males and have picked up their way of reference over the years.

Of courses in SU it might have gone the other way. 'Her' and 'She' might be how all Gems refer to each other and when the CG came to Earth they somehow influenced humans to pick that up for females since they look so similar in body shape, with males taking a slighty different pronoun to differentiate.

As for Jasper and Lapis, I don't think either of them are evil. Poor Lapis is obviously a little broken mentally after millennia of imprisonment and isolation and finding that the Home World she longed to return to for so long to be totally different from what she remember really would not have helped. Then she was taken prisoner again.

Jasper seems to be a soldier of some level and has probably been raised and treated as such her whole life. She would have been taught certain values and maybe even taught to destory anyone who goes against them. We don't know much about the Home World, but from what Peridot has said it sounds like there is caste system of sort and things probably don't go down well for anyone who doesn't conform. Humans have a long history of trying to stamp out what isn't accepted as normal and of thinking of other people as lesser races or even objects and treating them as such. We only just started to grow out of this, but it sounds like this way of thinking is still going strong on the Gem Homeworld. Is Jasper really evil if she doesn't know or can understand there are other ways of thinking?

When I watched Chille Tid I really though Jasper was going to end up asking Steven for help. From her point of view she's been taking prisoner by a twisted or mentally unstable Gem. Lapis neither likes or trusts the Crystal Gems (can't really blame her) but she didn't have to fuse with Jasper. She's obviously very strong (what with a handy nearby weaponizable ocean right next to her) she could either have just fled, smacked Jasper away or even bound Jasper and thrown her in the ocean alone. Lapis would not have been able to go back to the Home World (even if she wanted to), so that meant either joining up with the Crystal Gems or wandering off alone, neither of which seemed to appeal to her. Instead Lapis chose to fuse herself with another Gem and take them prisoner. She doesn't want to be alone any more, but she doesn't trust anyone apart from Steven, so she's going to force Jasper to stay with her for as long as she is able to.

I think Lapis has snapped, big time, and if the CG ever do find Malachite, they might end up trying to rescue Jasper from Lapis.

I also really like Peridot, but I wish they had let her keep her limb enhancers. As cute as tiny Peridot is, her head looks a bit too big for her now.

Edited by Fortune86