edwardelricfreak

Steven Universe!

I agree with the head thing, Fortune86.

And...

C-Can I revive this with a theory? I'm gonna. (Spoilers for those who haven't seen anything past Catch and Release, or even Cry for Help I guess)

So, when I first watched Steven Universe, it appeared to me that each Gem naturally had a weapon their entire life, and became more specialized in it the longer they've lived. I've stuck with this theory until Too Far/Back to the Barn, in which more background about Pearls were given, and it was proven Pearl had to teach herself how to fight.

So, is it only that natural fighter Gems have weapons and other classes don't? That would also make sense in Peridot's case, as we've seen her limb enhancers but, we haven't seen an actual, 'gem'made' weapon from her yet.

So again, do only fighting Gems (Quartzes?) have natural weapons? This would make even more sense as, I remembered when a friend reminded me, Pearl seems to have to focus more on summoning her weapon, whereas Amethyst, whom Peridot has stated to be a natural warrior, says she can basically just demand her weapon and she has it.

If this is the case, then does that mean that Gems can fashion their own weapons, and they don't have a random one given to them at the time of creation?

In addition, could another theory be that ALL Gems fashion their own weapons, and 'warrior gems' are more likely to do it given their duty in gem society? That could be viable.

(Also, to those who don't know, Attack the Light is also free on the iOS App Store now)

Edited by arya10

well the new promo has a lot of very interesting scenes in it!! wow i dont even know where to start

steven is 14 i thought he was like 10.. my bb....

That new episode though. I was screaming and crying for Ruby and Sapphire!!! LIKE CUTEST BABIES EVER!!

mmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GOD this episode was so?? aesthetically pleasing??? blue diamond and her pearl and cotton candy garnet were all so gorgeous omfg im so interested in blue diamond now

Heck yeah i allready like this this thread. Aww man this show is so great. I dont gave any theiries to share cuz idk anything

I was taken a little aback seeing yesterday's ep. Mostly he's 14?! But they present in the ep a logical explanation so it's cool, but it makes me think, it is already known that Steven won't live as old as a gem, but that doesn't mean he'll have a human life-span either. I hope he can handle that. Oh another thing that I'm sure made most confused is not just his size but maturity, but then I got to thinking, he doesn't got to school or socialize typically, Greg is no font of maturity, and the gems' well Pearl and Garnet's discipline is strictly on "gem stuff." So Steven is pretty free to just like whatever and do things for fun, makes him seem a bit immature, but I think it's kinda a good thing. Now this thought is a little technical, but there is also the whole "slow growth" thing that could be the case, I mean he doesn't show much of the emotional instability teenagers have, but that's reading too much into it.

tl;dr version a nice lore-way to explain surprise in this ep.

ps. Still very excited for the rest of the week, I could get into how I love steven bombs and hate them but i've talked too much. Ciao

cartoon network aired an extremely spoilery promo of an episode that one of the writers confirmed isn't even airing this week :/

i really hope we dont have another long hiatus after this bomb. im getting really tired of bombs in general tbh i wish SU would just have a regular airing schedule for once.

Edited by Switch

I saw Steven's Birthday earlier and it was such a cute little episode, as well as a bit scary. I will fully admit that I keep forgetting the Steven is half gem/alien and for some reason keep thinking that he's human with gem powers. I must get over this.

Anyway, his line about being 'First Boy' made me wonder how a proper relationship between him and Connie would work. Yeah I know they can fuse into Stevonnie, but I also think they'll be perfectly fine as a 'human' couple too. They'd probably be able to have children of their own just fine too (if my personal theory of how Steven was born is true), although without any gem powers. In fact I can totally see Stevonnie raising kids as a single parent, with the help of Greg and the Gems of course.

I just want to say a few words. YELLOW DIAMOND!!

*casually points to his post at the top of the page*

Called it.

wow the episode about yellow diamond.......................she's a censorkip.gif for sure. I'd love to see the other diamonds and the ....pink one

By the way anyone else find it ironic that Amethyst of all people told Steven not to do something because it was dangerous and he could hurt himself?

does anyone know if theres any kind of schedule for SU after the bomb because i really do not want to go on another months long hiatus only to get another bomb then go on ANOTHER months long hiatus

does anyone know if theres any kind of schedule for SU after the bomb because i really do not want to go on another months long hiatus only to get another bomb then go on ANOTHER months long hiatus

Well this past hiatus was because all shows go on hiatus over the holidays so maybe it's an exception rather than the rule? I hope they don't go on hiatus again but if they do, it'll be to debut a new opening theme now that Peridot is a Crystal Gem.

Well this past hiatus was because all shows go on hiatus over the holidays so maybe it's an exception rather than the rule? I hope they don't go on hiatus again but if they do, it'll be to debut a new opening theme now that Peridot is a Crystal Gem.

no the hiatuses always happen after bombs.

"Unfortunately, while the bomb structure is a fun event to run, it means that there must be breaks between them. We are constantly working on new episodes but when we do a Bomb, it eats into our backlog of episodes that are ready to air. Basically, its either we air week to week, or we air in bombs, we can’t do both. How we air is also not up to us, but up to the network itself so its out of our hands. ‘Steven’ is not the only show on cartoon network that’s being aired this way. Please be patient for now and we’ll be back before you know it!"

one of the directors/storyboarders of SU said that............ im so sick of the bomb structure.........

no the hiatuses always happen after bombs.

"Unfortunately, while the bomb structure is a fun event to run, it means that there must be breaks between them. We are constantly working on new episodes but when we do a Bomb, it eats into our backlog of episodes that are ready to air. Basically, its either we air week to week, or we air in bombs, we can’t do both. How we air is also not up to us, but up to the network itself so its out of our hands. ‘Steven’ is not the only show on cartoon network that’s being aired this way. Please be patient for now and we’ll be back before you know it!"

one of the directors/storyboarders of SU said that............ im so sick of the bomb structure.........

Agreed.

I mean the episodes are only 15 minutes long each, tops. How long could it really take to make them? It's not like regular cartoons which were half an hour long and did update week to week in the 90s-00s. I got my Pokemon fix almost without any break at all for months at a time!

I think the really important question now is, is Peridot going to join in on the title song?

I think the really important question now is, is Peridot going to join in on the title song?

I think so. Perhaps when they start up regularly again they'll have a new one. The song will need to be redone too. I mean they already proved Peridot can sing. wink.gif

Also pretty sure we don't need to use spoiler tags anymore, it's been 3 days. tongue.gif If people didn't watch it this weekend they might not be a good enough fan haha.

be careful online, the official cartoon network uk website posted EXTREMELY spoilery previews that reveal the ending of two upcoming episodes. like i cant stress how badly they spoiled it. this entire arc is basically ruined for me just from seeing a few gifs of the leaks. members of the crewniverse are aware of this and they definitely do not seem happy.

Edited by Switch

they dont have an air date yet, which makes the leaks even more scathing. :\ but theres a high chance we're getting another bomb + hiatus format based on things the crew said which everyone is sick of at this point. i hope there's gonna be a concentrated effort to complain to cn about the bombs but they probably won't listen.

Edited by Switch

i remeber when i was looking forward for each week to see a new episode. Such good times. I hope they come out really soon.

Perfect! I needed this thread in my life~

Anyway, I found out on Chicken Smoothie from someone that a person on 4chan had leaked a very huge portion of the plot for Steven Universe; in fact, it goes very far into the story. I haven't seen it myself because I want to watch Steven Universe completely spoiler-free, but I decided to share this with you guys because some of you might have wanted to see/know this. Be careful on the internet.

WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!

i have something i want to talk about !! highlight it to see it, i'm worried about potential spoilers.

so, there's this anonymous leaker on 4chan. he's been posting future information about the show and someone was fired as a result. what's important about this is that this leaker has leaked before, using only text. guess what? a week before stevenbomb 3 was even announced, he talked about how amethyst was going to sing about sardonyx and sugilite, and he was correct. this happened a numerous amount of times, such as the time he leaked the entire keystone motel plot a day before it aired. also, this was before fake leak making was a trend.

i know the OP is on this thread, i found it on their blog and i don't know if they posted it on here or not. i simply thought it was interesting. thank you, disgustedorito! yeah, it was a submission, but if it wasn't for your blog i wouldn't have seen this information! let me know if you want me to delete this. if you want to add on, feel free to.

so, without further ado, here is the info.

i bet you were wondering who the gem in lion's mane is. that would be bismuth, a proto-steven created by rose before she died. according to the leaker, rose wanted to do a test run before she died. after all, steven is the only gem/human hybrid [ or so we thought ] and it wouldn't be very rational to just jump into the procedure, not knowing if it'd work or not. you're probably thinking " what does bismuth look like? " the leaker described bismuth as resembling lars in terms of body shape. they also mentioned that his gem was on his chest. i don't know about color. OP [ disgustedorito ] guessed pink, and i guessed black with various colorful patterns, whether it be on the clothing or the skin. bismuth's personality is described as "edgy", and apparently he's neutral leaning towards bad. he did something bad to cetipeetle, and they chase him to homeworld.

[ bear with me, i'm fictionkin ]

i'm keeping my outfit until my next regen, which is 26 episodes away around ep. 103-104 ! how'd i get poofed?

ultra power lemon sour. yep. the leaker said the new outfit will include a star, but never specified where. i'm also fusing with steven later in the series ? and then there's some more info about yellow diamond's debut would be when i switched sides, which just happened.

our precious gem monster, centipeetle ! she'll be coming back, which was stated when i covered bismuth. the leaker said that centipeetle will start to recover from her corruption, but then bismuth will eventually do something bad to her.

malachite situation was dealt with. lazuli did not join the crystal gems, but she instead chose to live in beach city as a regular character. hm. wonder how that'll turn out. jasper goes back to yellow diamond for a while, but the crystal gems poof and bubble her somehow.

lion is not a gem. he is another one of rose's experiments.

while we're on the topic of rose, she was actually involved with the creation of the cluster. "rose couldn't have known", huh?

steven ends up fusing with lion , and the fusion is called stevion. and then of course , me. the name of that fusion is unknown right now. apparently, steven and connie end up fusing during the season finale to fight the diamonds.

the diamond triumvirate currently has 3 members. yellow, blue, and white diamond. no info was given about pink diamond. during the season 2 finale, yellow diamond will be poofed and bubbled away. that leaves 2 diamonds for season three, and there's conflict between them.

there will be a new gem named onyx in season 3. she serves under white diamond. that was all the information given about this strange gem, but she sounds cool.

our pearl is actually taller than regular pearls :00

steven can poof, and he doesn't die from doing so! steven almost poofs in season 2, but he officially poofs in season 3. this was foreshadowed by ronaldo, which means this leak must be true since ronaldo foreshadows a lot of events.

Ug! I hope you’ve seen the movie because that’s pretty much the big ending. Dogcopter dies defending the planet but then he comes back to life because he’s actually part cat and cats have 9 lives. Anyway, the movie was pretty much ruined. So now I’m back. Spoilers are the worst.

there are fusions on homeworld, but it's not all sparkles and sunshine. fusions are used for labor, namely construction on the gem war ships. the destabilizers are made to prevent fusions from attacking others and escaping their work, since they were treated like slaves.

Edited by Soul_Reaper

The promo is legitimately terrifying. I cannot wait to see In Too Deep though.

Also, apparently, they do themed Steven Universe marathons on the weekends?? At least, on my CN they do. It's p cool!!

Edited by arya10