edwardelricfreak

Steven Universe!

i just... wanna know centipeetle's name........ if pearl could read her writing y didnt steven ask her name aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm guessing they are saving that for a future episode.

Maybe in season 5 T-T

Edit: Ooooooh. What about Maw sit sit? There were a few times when Centipeedle seemed to almost speak, one of which was when she said her name, 'Gurgle click click'. The colours look right too.

Edited by Fortune86

I think we can all agree, feels were plentiful in that episode. And Maw Sit Sit definitely seems like her gem. Though it would've been nice if it had been confirmed as her name, but hey, at least we know now that Steven has the potential to heal corrupted gems, even if it's not quite there yet.

Though I think I might've found something in the fandom that confuses me; there seem to be a lot of people against Bismuth being portrayed as female, just because of the muscular build. :/ Yet Jasper is fine as a muscular female, because she's currently a villain?

Wut? Is that really a thing? What's wrong with muscular women? Not all of us are built like ballerinas you know.

Alone at Sea gave me the feels too. Also scared the crap out of me. And I'm left wondering what Jasper knows about Lapis that we don't.

After all, Lapis went alone (we have seen that bodyguards are a thing, the Rubies for Sapphire and Jasper for Peridot), to a planet that was at the time engaged in war. I don't think she went for a holiday. And we know she has very powerful abilities. I wonder if Lapis type gems are often sent to water planets as a kind of ultra weapon (a step down from the flash). Maybe Lapis has used her powers to kill off native creatures from other planets?

yeah i'm really curious what lapis lazulis intended "roles" are if every gem is made for a task. i've seen people theorize she was something like a war correspondent which is why she was on earth but her magic seems ridiculously powerful, but she doesn't seem like a fighter either. im really interested in lazulis as a whole now, i'd really like to see more of them (id also like to know how their flight powers work if their gems arent all on their backs haha.)

i kinda want to make a lapis lazuli gemsona also... ;'o

Edited by Switch

yeah i'm really curious what lapis lazulis intended "roles" are if every gem is made for a task. i've seen people theorize she was something like a war correspondent which is why she was on earth but her magic seems ridiculously powerful, but she doesn't seem like a fighter either. im really interested in lazulis as a whole now, i'd really like to see more of them (id also like to know how their flight powers work if their gems arent all on their backs haha.)

i kinda want to make a lapis lazuli gemsona also... ;'o

i wonder if perhaps they're made for magical architecture, such as the Sea Spire

Lapis' job: since the proposed Gem Colony seems to have no water, maybe her job during colonization time was to somehow move water off-planet since most Gems wouldn't want it.

She's also been able to project images (and replay sounds) on reflective surfaces. So if her role in the war was not water-related, she could've been a reporter and periodically visited the battlefield and showed her superiors exactly what had been happening, to be twisted for the propaganda machine.

Well, as a gem strong enough to remove THE WHOLE OCEAN, perhaps Lazuli are like a combination of terraformer (removing unnecessary water) and ultimate weapon (effectively kill off any indigenous life by removing the water).

But as for our Lapis, we don't really know much about her past, other than what we've already seen. And my biggest question is WHY she went to Earth during the war. Obviously she's powerful, which technically makes her valuable to the Diamonds. So I can't personally see them letting her go unprotected by guards, especially if she was a member of Blue Diamond's court. So perhaps she went without telling the Diamonds? Which could also explain why Homeworld mistook her for a rebel...

But then, I'm probably completely wrong. Whatever it is, I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

And I know I shouldn't have, but I saw a leak for another episode, and all I can think is, girl, Homeworld must've been particularly stingy with the brains when they made you, because that was the special kind of stupid.

Well, as a gem strong enough to remove THE WHOLE OCEAN, perhaps Lazuli are like a combination of terraformer (removing unnecessary water) and ultimate weapon (effectively kill off any indigenous life by removing the water).

But as for our Lapis, we don't really know much about her past, other than what we've already seen. And my biggest question is WHY she went to Earth during the war. Obviously she's powerful, which technically makes her valuable to the Diamonds. So I can't personally see them letting her go unprotected by guards, especially if she was a member of Blue Diamond's court. So perhaps she went without telling the Diamonds? Which could also explain why Homeworld mistook her for a rebel...

But then, I'm probably completely wrong. Whatever it is, I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

And I know I shouldn't have, but I saw a leak for another episode, and all I can think is, girl, Homeworld must've been particularly stingy with the brains when they made you, because that was the special kind of stupid.

Oh, hey CD. Haven't seen you in a bit.

Lapis might have been sent there to report back to Blue Diamond. But why would she only report, if she had so much raw power? She could have killed the earth by removing the oceans.

I still think Lapis was some kind of weapon. Unless water planets are very rare in Gem known space, leaving places like Earth the few locations where she can be really dangerous, she is too crazy strong just to be a reporter or something.

At the same time, I wonder if Lapis was supposed to be there. When she reached Earth she was mistaken for a Crystal Gem and taken prisoner. If Homeworld had sent her there for some reason, you would have thought someone on earth would have been expecting her and known she was on their side.

Just watched the last episode.

Ummm....Jasper, what are you doing? You should still be in the stratosphere :| At least she wasn't being super-level creepy this time, just mildly menacing. But I got a baaaaad feeling.....

And did anyone else think those two monsters might've been other quartz? Even other jaspers, because the blue looked a lot like an ocean jasper, while I saw someone point out that the other looked like a Biggs Jasper...

It's ok if Jasper won't be getting a redemption arc anytime soon I love her she's buff she's tough she's a cheeto puff let me marry her

god i love that jasper just... descended into the ocean... she just sank.. she didnt break eye contact. she just went. this ep was so good

It looked a bit odd to me. I couldn't tell if Jasper was actually moving backwards into the deeper water. It looked more like she was just slowly kneeling down so she could sink out of sight.

Anyway, I had a scary thought. Jasper loves strength and is really starting to obsess with fusion. She wanted to fight Rose Quartz (Steven) because she was strong and Jasper kind of admires her. Then she lost to Stevonnie, who proved her own power. What if Jasper decides to try and get that strength for herself via fusion? What if she tries and to get Steven/Stevonnie to fuse with her? D:

i hope she was actually just kneeling down until she was out of sight and just waiting for them to leave not actually moving herself that would be hilarious

Can Gems swim? I'm guessing that ones like Lapis can (or 'fly') depending on their powers, but do all the others just seem to walk along the bottom of the sea until they hit dry land.

Can Gems swim? I'm guessing that ones like Lapis can (or 'fly') depending on their powers, but do all the others just seem to walk along the bottom of the sea until they hit dry land.

...I just got this image of Jasper riding a shark.

Sharked shaped corrupt gem?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

Actually, I just thought of a normal shark. But a shark-shaped corrupted makes it that much scarier.

Edited by CharonDusk

A corrupted gem shark would be like nine times the size with four sets of eyes and an extra mouth.

And it can shoot teeth at you.

Steve vs Amethyst was so much better than I feared it was going to be. Glad it ended on a high.

This is should some up one of the love/hate aspects of my relationship with the fandom;

Crewniverse; "Release list of upcoming episodes"

Fandom; "Start panicking of title Amethyst vs Steven and make all kind of wild theories over why and what and has Amethyst gone bad, Tec etc"

Me; :I Uh, guys? Remember last time you panicked over a title and it turned out to be not what you expected?

Episode; "Not what anyone expected"

Fandom; Oh.

Me; :I Saw that coming.

Well this show does know how to get you right in the feels at times. It's not surprising the fanbase tries to prepare itself for the worst.

It's almost like a kiddie version of Game of Thrones.

im sure she's gonna come back eventually (and hopefully centipeetle too pls rebecca sugar im begging you) but yeah that was rough

No, it's ok. I didn't need these feels anyway.

It is rather sad though. Steven managed to get through to Lapis, Peridot and even the Cluster, but he couldn't help Bismuth, a Crystal Gem.