edwardelricfreak

Steven Universe!

Also, yes, give Peridot her limb enhancers back. She's an adorable little gremlin, but tall-peri is missed.

If Peridot gets her enchancers back, I look forward to to her "enhancing" them with her metal powers.

Thoughts on this episode;

· Garnet and Pearl's reactions pretty much summed up how the fandom reacted. People always say we need more happy Lapis, I say we need more excited Garnet.

· "But do you know WHO beat Jasper?"

"Peridot."

Well, she's not technically wrong xd.png

· I'd forgotten how much fun Sardonyx was. Definitely tied with Smoky (and Garnet) for best fusion.

· So fusions have a room in the temple for as long as the fusion exists...Why do I get the feeling that will be important later on? And I wonder what the rooms for the other fusions look like...Does Stevonnie have one?

· Sardonyx, please leave the fourth wall alone. Otherwise Minaj's lawyers will go after the crew.

· Smoky just got all the more precious as the episode went on. Seriously, I was hoping for some hugs in this episode, because they needed it. (So did Sardonyx, too, with her revelation that she'd taken over without really meaning to, at the end).

Overall, probably one of my favourite episodes. Now to rewatch it a few times (seriously, I can't be the only one who wants more of these two interacting in the new season,).

Edited by CharonDusk

Yeah, Sardonyx is one of my favourites too.

Has anyone else noticed that Fusions are suddenly getting easier? When they first appeared there had to be a short dance for those involved to get into tune, but now they basically just shake hands. I can accept this for the Crystal Gems as evidence just how close they are becoming, but Jasper was able to force that Corrupted Gem into fusing with her just by grabbing them. Considering the Corrupted Gem ran off the second it had a chance, there was no way it was on the same wavelength with Jasper.

I've been giving more thought about Rose shattering Pink Diamond. Diamonds are supposed to be super strong and almost impossible to damage without using another diamond. I can't really see how Rose Quartz managed it, big pink sword or not. I actually wonder if the Giant Temple Gem/Fusion had something to do with it, and if she is one of the two minerals now known to be stronger than diamonds.

Seems we're getting at least 3 more episodes (possibly 6) before September?

I would not at all be surprised if they decided to air a huge cliffhanger before another 6-month hiatus. xd.png

You had to say that didn't you? If Steven or one of the Gems gets corrupted or something now...

So yay, new episode.

So two things we learned; Rose went through a lion collecting phase, which kinda negates some of the lion theories whilst boosting others, and we were shown a new assumed-to-be-important area called The Palanquin, which looks a lot like the spider-like machine that acted as Blue Diamond's throne and the name further hints at its use. Perhaps a link to Pink Diamond?

Just seen Mindful Education. There are not enough hugs for all the characters that need them.

Mindful Education was definitely a lot of what we were all hoping Steven would get. Curious to see if it will be continued at all in the next ep. He definitely needs some more huggles.

Has anyone else noticed that Fusions are suddenly getting easier? When they first appeared there had to be a short dance for those involved to get into tune, but now they basically just shake hands. I can accept this for the Crystal Gems as evidence just how close they are becoming, but Jasper was able to force that Corrupted Gem into fusing with her just by grabbing them. Considering the Corrupted Gem ran off the second it had a chance, there was no way it was on the same wavelength with Jasper.

Yeah, I think this is probably, at least in part, due to 1) time constraints. We're now learning more about fusions and the fusion personas themselves, so the ritual of fusing is less important, and 2) corrupted gems are basically results of total mutilation, and the gems have never figured out how to nor really been given a chance to heal from this. There's probably not much in their mind that could stop fusion, kiiiiind of like if Steven decided to fuse with a dog. At the same time, they're not stable enough to really support a fusion and certainly not long-term.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I've been giving more thought about Rose shattering Pink Diamond. Diamonds are supposed to be super strong and almost impossible to damage without using another diamond. I can't really see how Rose Quartz managed it, big pink sword or not. I actually wonder if the Giant Temple Gem/Fusion had something to do with it, and if she is one of the two minerals now known to be stronger than diamonds.

1. Couldn't be the temple fusion, since it includes Amethyst, who wasn't around for the war.

2. Real diamonds are hard, meaning they cannot be scratched, but they are not the toughest mineral available, and can shatter.

I'm not sure how I feel about the last episode. It was fun, and Pearl was awesome, but I'm not sure if it's a good thing that Pearl is 'moving on' from Rose to a Rose lookalike.

Looking through for a thread on this show, I found this, and... is it dead? I know there haven't really been a lot of revelation-filled episodes recently, but I'd have figured that with the shorts, there'd at least be some excitement.

Speaking of the shorts, I loved them all :3 My favourites, though, were Video Chat with Peri and Lapis, and Gem Karaoke. When watching the latter, I couldn't help thinking how AWESOME pearl's singing voice is! I know we had a whole bunch of Pearl songs in Mr Greg, but OMG I want MOAR!

Also, what's with all the wanting tall peridot back? The smol Peri is too adorable to lose!

Idk, we're in a hiatus so there isn't going to be much talk. I didn't even realize there were shorts out though, where'd you watch them?

So, there's been a bunch of leaks and previews for some up-coming episodes, which might mean it's back soon, but all I have to say is this; HOLY censorkip.gif ! ALL ABOARD WE ARE GOING ON A FEELS TRIP!

Edit; Looks like it has been confirmed that these leaks are from the newest bomb, starting on Jan 30th?

Edited by CharonDusk

So, while we wait, let's talk things we'd like to see (without mentioning the leaks).

I really want to see more Homeworld gems. There's so much we don't know about the big HW; what other gems are there? What is the culture like? What is the actual Homeworld itself like? Will we ever find out what "harvesting" is? So many questions!

Speaking of gems...Is it bad of me to hope that at least one of the Diamonds isn't as evil as they're made out to be? We've seen Yellow Diamond is...relatively cold, at least as far as Earth is concerned, and of Blue Diamond all we have is what Garnet's (potentially biased) story of her origins told us, but we know little about Pink Diamond, other than Earth was her colony and that Rose supposedly shattered her, then of White Diamond we know pretty much zero...So Steven managing to win one of them over isn't completely out of the question yet.

I sort of have a tiny theory (only like 10% it might be right), that in order to grow new gems, an older gem has to be used somehow. Say you take a Peridot's gem, plant it or whatever, and get a crop of new Peridots. You lose the first one in the process though.

This might only apply off Homeworld though. Could explain why even though we might have countless numbers of other gem types, there are/were only four Diamonds.

I want to know more about what happened with Pink Diamond. Current thinking is that she was some horrible monster who left Rose with no choice but to fight against her (shattering may not have been intentional). Then again, we started off thinking Rose was 100% good guy, but have learned she has done some pretty shady things. What if PD wasn't the bad guy we thought she was?

I've just had a realization that others probably had before.

In the real world, Quartz turns pink in the presence of manganese. I think I remember learning that manganese increases fertility. Could this be related to Rose's ability to conceive Steven?

Also skiNNY JASPER

Ok, I'm going to admit it, I watched the leaks.

OMG. 'What's the point in feeling blue' may be my favourite song of the series now.

I want to know more about what happened with Pink Diamond. Current thinking is that she was some horrible monster who left Rose with no choice but to fight against her (shattering may not have been intentional). Then again, we started off thinking Rose was 100% good guy, but have learned she has done some pretty shady things. What if PD wasn't the bad guy we thought she was?

Which is what I liked about the latest episodes; we're starting to see some of the bias towards Rose being the absolute good and the Diamonds being the absolute evil break down, because now that we know Rose wasn't as trustworthy as we were led to believe, can we really believe what we're being told about Homeworld? Obviously some of it is/was true, but what was never true or is now different?

I've been avoiding the leaks as much as possible, but I couldn't help watching one little one, none of the full episodes.

All I have to say is this; THE FAMETHYST HYPE IS REAL. I really want to see more of these babes, they are amazing! And nice to see not all HW gems are like Jasper, some of them are actually pretty chill (except that blue chick), though that might be because they were all born on Earth and seem to be looked down on. And I like the skinny Jasper, she looks like she got sass. And I wonder of that Carnelian was the same one Peridot mentioned, the one that came out sideways...Also, is it just me or do gems seem to have similar palettes to where they're born...?

Also, not watched the "What's the point" leak, but I saw some stills and holy smoke Blue Diamond is gorgeous! And were those all bubbled Rose Quartz gems? If so, who bubbled them, because the bubbles looked pink...? Why are they bubbled? I would've thought, after what our Rose did, they'd have all been shattered...

Edited by CharonDusk

Yeah I really like Blue Diamond. Not just designwise, but I also like her as a character.

I'm trying to remember how many different color of bubbles we've seen. All of the ones at the Temple are pink too, even though Garnet has done some. And yes, those are bubbled Rose Quartzes, and that's actually brought up.

Man. The series has been getting heavy with the feels lately.

Sooooo....apologies for the bump, but since there's a bomb imminent, thought it appropriate to bring this back for anyone still interested. Seen some bits and pieces and, well, this bomb looks like it's gonna be heavy in feels.

Spoilers, since the episodes are yet to air and these are from a leak I looked at...(Further censored to avoid anything big, but if you look at these, please don't complain, I put them under spoilers for a reason and it's your own fault if you ignore that.)

I like the big one already, especially since that is usually associated with people who appear cold but have kind hearts, so she could be an interesting character...

The little gremlin can take a running jump, though tongue.gif

And apparently there is something worse than being shattered? Seen a few people suggest corruption, but all I can think of is how scared Peridot looked when she thought Steven et al were going to "harvest" her, so perhaps that's it?

Edited by CharonDusk

The promo has me extremely hyped!

I really like that (S4 spoiler) Steven is finally coming to terms with his mom. I do kinda miss the Steven that was a goofball, innocent and pure cinnamon roll, but he couldn't have stayed that way forever without being annoying/out of tone.

Soooo...thoughts on the Wanted special. Spoilers below, so don't read if you haven't seen the new eps yet.

Stuck Together

· GDI, Aquamarine.

· Good to see he's getting some character development. He always felt like a bit lacking.

· Topaz is a precious cinnamon roll. I hope we see them again. And Famethyst, we definitely need more of those gals.

· Aw, I wanted to see the little British water gremlin get zapped. But it seems even Aquamarine appears to have redeemable qualities.

The Trial

· GDI, Steven.

· Steven's self-sacrificing nature is truly touching, but it's going to get him in serious trouble. Oh, wait.

· Blue Zircon is a neurotic mess and I like her already. Though I suppose if I was trying to defend what is essentially Homeworld's Public Enemy No.1, I'd be a mess too.

· DIAMONDS. But no White Diamond? You'd think for such an important trial, she'd be present. Hmm...

· Okay, those are some EXTREMELY good points. How DID Rose get close enough to shatter Pink Diamond when there was no plausible way, except shapeshifting? And going off the look between Yellow Pearl and Blue Pearl, they don't know what happened to Pink Pearl, so where is she?

· Zircon, please don't accuse the gem who could squish you with one finger - too late.

· YD, girl, you need anger management classes.

· I love that Blue Diamond was so willing to hear Steven's case, I really hope it planted enough doubt in her mind to make her a future ally.

· Yellow Diamond seemed a little too eager to end the trial. But us that because she just wants the whole thing to finally be over...or because she knows something we don't? Going off her reaction in this, if she isn't involved and it turns out it wasn't Rose either, woe betide whoever it actually was.

· Hi, Homeworld. Bye, Homeworld.

Off-colours

· GDI, Homeworld.

· More development for Lars. Also, Jurassic Park reference FTW!

· New gems! And they are all such precious sweethearts. Rhodonite, another neurotic mess with, again, a good reason to be. And interesting to see how a Pearl and Ruby fusion might look. Padparascha is adorable, if a little naive. Fluorite reminds me of an protective matriarch and I love her slow, measured way of speaking. The Rutile twins are also adorable and probably my favourite of the newbies (which is difficult because I like them all xd.png)

· Obligatory Big-Character-Hiding-Behind-Something-Smaller-Than-Them joke.

· censorkip.gif those robots.

· Lars is quickly becoming one of my new favourite charaaaaand he ded. GDI, Crewniverse. Though seriously, I was not expecting that to happen. Just...wow. Crew got some guts to do that what with some of the "EVERYTHING MUST BE PURE AND SUNSHINE AND HAPPY!" attitudes towards cartoons out there.

· Uhhhh....is he meant to be doing that?

Lars' Head

· GDI, Lars.

· Lars is now a pink, magical zombie. That sounds like something straight out of a Magical Girl-type anime.

· Does this mean Lion had the same thing happen to him? Makes sense, I guess. There go all the other theories. xd.png

· I am loving the Off-colours more and more, they are just so perfect.

· So now Steven has both healing spit AND resurrecting tears? Wonder if that will be important later?

· Not gonna lie, I would've loved to see them all go to Earth, but this way makes a lot more sense and makes me hyped for future episodes, since now there's most certainly gonna be a "Rescue Lars" arc at some point.

· Pearl once again has best lines.

Overall, I think these are probably some of my favourite episodes to date, and I didn't think any could top the Smoky Quartz episodes. I love that we're getting more and more doubt over what really happened to Pink Diamond, that we're seeing more of the Diamonds and more Homeworld gems, seeing that not all of them are bad.

Though I have to admit, I'm starting to lean towards one theory in particular: PD was shattered by another Diamond. But which one?

Whatever the truth, I think season 5 is gonna be EXPLOSIVE.

Edited by CharonDusk