TJ09

2013-11-30 - Late-November Release

Ugh, the refreshing problem I'm having is starting to get really frustrating. When I refresh its a craps shoot whether the eggs come out like-

this

1 2 3

or this

or this

Am I the only one seeing this? I've never had this happen so much before and I'm just trying to narrow down if its a cave problem or a computer problem.

It happens to me.

Wow, this is the first time I've struggled with catching release eggs since the time there was no biomes.

Still trying to snag one. Good luck to everyone who hasn't caught one yet either!

agh, I fell asleep a few minutes to midnight and only just woke up now. tongue.gif

But yay release! Can't wait for these to hatch. biggrin.gif And somehow managed to get myself a handful. What a crowd on the Alpine tonight, yikes.

Ugh, the refreshing problem I'm having is starting to get really frustrating. When I refresh its a craps shoot whether the eggs come out like-

this

1            2                3

or this

or this

Am I the only one seeing this? I've never had this happen so much before and I'm just trying to narrow down if its a cave problem or a computer problem.

This was happening to me under opera so I ended up using firefox despite it being slower to load

I have finally got 6 eggs after over an hour hunting at every drop. I usually get my eggs within 2-3 drops so this was an awful drop for me.

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

Ugh.. I am at the edge of frustration. How?! How is this even possible?! I can't compete with 300 people.. But I want those eggs so badly.. This is horrible, I hate it.

If you're having trouble, try waiting a bit. The longer after the release, the more people get locked, making it easier to catch the eggs smile.gif Happy hunting!

Running a bit late, but managed to get myself egg locked with 6 of the new eggs and i`m really tempted to abandon the cb opalescent that is preventing me from getting my 7th egg. But i should not complain to much as i managed to hatch a lovely 2nd gen alt vine this morning that was breed on my scroll.

Thank you TJ and artists for thin new dragon.

I should've foreseen it; Once the crowd cooled off I was able to finally egg lock myself. I have to say it was pretty frustrating, but now that I have the eggs it doesn't matter anymore. happy.gif

I can't wait to see what the hatchlings and adults look like~ Happy hunting to everyone.

And after an hour and twenty minutes of hunting, I am locked. Now to spend all of later today actually doing my papers for school that I have been putting off. Good luck everyone! From many releases of hunting, I can tell you that catching usually gets better from 1:30 AM onwards.

this

1 2 3

or this

or this

I *think* that's just what happens when your computer is trying to keep up to speed with you. One solution is to shut off all the formatting.

For example: I use Mozilla Firefox. When I'm trying to catch a new release, I go into my Tools menu, go to Options, and disable "Load Images Automatically" and "Enable Javascript." That removes all individual images from the page, showing me simple text links instead, and disabling Javascript makes everything go faster. Then I go to my View menu, to Page Style, and select "No Style." That removes all the overall formatting, such as the background image, and the 1...2...3 placement on the screen.

At that point, I'm looking at a white screen with a few text headers. The site links (View Dragons, etc.) are still in a horizontal line, but the biome links and available eggs all pop up vertically. Now, their placement never moves. So, each time I refresh, my mouse is always still over an egg link.

My other suggestion is to use Cntrl + f5. If you hold down the control key when clicking a link, it will open in a new tab, rather than the tab you're in. This is really helpful when you're "spaz-clicking" on new eggs -- you can click constantly without ever having to go back a page from the message, "Sorry, this egg has already been taken by someone else." You just open a bazillion new windows, then after the drop has finished, close your browser, re-open, and check to see what you caught!

Best of luck, and of course, if all else fails, you can try later, after the rush -- or trade for them. Not the most fun option, I know, but at least there are options! :-D

woot! got 5 in the last 2 drops! can't do more til something hatches tomorrow.

glad to see you are ok TJ. was starting to doubt the mid- to late-november release was coming. lol

so far i think the egg is interesting. can't wait to see hatchies and adults!

happy hunting everyone!

may re-enter the fray if i decide to gift some of these. will have to see in 5 hours or so.

thanks for the new eggs!

Edited by spring_dragon

My eggs appear after the Silvers. Any early guesses as to names?

They fall between the Turpentines and the Ultraviolets. I have one guess, but it's only good if the Ultraviolets are alphbetized as UV rather than Ultra.

My other suggestion is to use Cntrl + f5. If you hold down the control key when clicking a link, it will open in a new tab, rather than the tab you're in. This is really helpful when you're "spaz-clicking" on new eggs -- you can click constantly without ever having to go back a page from the message, "Sorry, this egg has already been taken by someone else." You just open a bazillion new windows, then after the drop has finished, close your browser, re-open, and check to see what you caught!

This spaz clicking method is the only way I ever get any new eggs tongue.gif

01:20 of refreshing make your fingers hurt xd.png And I didn't get a single egg...oh well =P

I'm going to sleep now, since is already 4:22 AM here, but good luck for you guys and thanks TJ for this release =)

They fall between the Turpentines and the Ultraviolets. I have one guess, but it's only good if the Ultraviolets are alphbetized as UV rather than Ultra.

Turpentines and Ultraviolets, huh. That's a really interesting choice.

Which biome is this in?

Alpine..

Your welcome xd.png

Edited by lollipop00