TJ09

2013-11-30 - Late-November Release

Yay! I got mine :D

Earlier today, I also managed to get two of a newer release that I missed, so I'm happy!

I already really like the colors -- hope the dragon retains some of that gorgeous deep eggplant purple!

The little turquoise stripes on the egg remind me of the Spitfires or the Whiptails...hmm...wonder if I smell a new lineage checker in the works? xd.png

I actually doubled my egg take in the last 5 minutes drop. Got get another two more to lock and get the seventh in the next hour drop when my Opal hatches. cool.gif

I *think* that's just what happens when your computer is trying to keep up to speed with you. One solution is to shut off all the formatting.

For example: I use Mozilla Firefox. When I'm trying to catch a new release, I go into my Tools menu, go to Options, and disable "Load Images Automatically" and "Enable Javascript." That removes all individual images from the page, showing me simple text links instead, and disabling Javascript makes everything go faster. Then I go to my View menu, to Page Style, and select "No Style." That removes all the overall formatting, such as the background image, and the 1...2...3 placement on the screen.

At that point, I'm looking at a white screen with a few text headers. The site links (View Dragons, etc.) are still in a horizontal line, but the biome links and available eggs all pop up vertically. Now, their placement never moves. So, each time I refresh, my mouse is always still over an egg link.

My other suggestion is to use Cntrl + f5. If you hold down the control key when clicking a link, it will open in a new tab, rather than the tab you're in. This is really helpful when you're "spaz-clicking" on new eggs -- you can click constantly without ever having to go back a page from the message, "Sorry, this egg has already been taken by someone else." You just open a bazillion new windows, then after the drop has finished, close your browser, re-open, and check to see what you caught!

Best of luck, and of course, if all else fails, you can try later, after the rush -- or trade for them. Not the most fun option, I know, but at least there are options! :-D

I can't find how to do that in crome...maybe I will switch over to firefox.

And as for Ctrl+f5. usually I spam click as you mentioned using ctrl+R, is there a difference in the two command codes? Like, I believe one of them is a 'hard' refresh...but that might be something my late night brain imagined.

I actually doubled my egg take in the last 5 minutes drop. Got get another two more to lock and get the seventh in the next hour drop when my Opal hatches. cool.gif

Down to one then two. Almost there!

four drops, got two... YAY

Another...

Edited by Husky51

And as for Ctrl+f5. usually I spam click as you mentioned using ctrl+R, is there a difference in the two command codes? Like, I believe one of them is a 'hard' refresh...but that might be something my late night brain imagined.

In Chrome, go to "settings", then "advanced settings", then "content settings" and you can change it from there. The first command is the hard refresh.

Edited by Jazeki

Hmm, no idea -- I've never used Cntrl+R. It sounds like maybe it serves the same purpose as hitting f5? (i.e., it refreshes the page without you having to click the "refresh" circling arrow at the top of the page, in the title bar?)

But holding down Cntrl when you click a link makes that link open in a new tab.

I'm egglocked for another 20 minutes. Just one more and all you guys will have one less person to compete with. laugh.gif

I completely forgot about this...yet...somehow I got egglocked within seconds? blink.gif

If that was all seven spots, I'm jealous.

I've got two, so far. I'll have to wait another few hours before I can grab more.

Hmm, no idea -- I've never used Cntrl+R. It sounds like maybe it serves the same purpose as hitting f5? (i.e., it refreshes the page without you having to click the "refresh" circling arrow at the top of the page, in the title bar?)

But holding down Cntrl when you click a link makes that link open in a new tab.

yeah, both seem to be the same.

Welp, despite trying those settings disabled on both crome and FF. and Ctrl clicking my eggs are still jumping around like the floors on fire. guess I'm just gonna have to stick with it haha. Thanks for the advice guys

If that was all seven spots, I'm jealous.

Yeah...all seven. With how late I was and the number of people in the biome...I wasn't expecting to fill up that quick...

Yeah...all seven. With how late I was and the number of people in the biome...I wasn't expecting to fill up that quick...

HA! It's took me an hour to fill up six. That's like 10 minutes per egg slot. So maybe I'm 600 times slower than you? laugh.gif

Of course. As soon as I snag a cb ridgewing from the ap, I catch three eggs in one drop. rolleyes.gif

Thank you Tj & Spriters for these lovely new eggies!

I got 6 of these pretties off to influence them now! smile.gifsmile.gif