GUYUGKUYG

Do mass breeds still deserve their hate?

Honestly I've planned to mass-breed my Bleeding Moons when I reach number of 500-1000 but meh. I rarely see anybody thanking me for even nice lineages dropped to the AP so I don't see the point of trying anymore. Random gifting via forums and IRC is much better.

Generally I don't mind mass-breeding said Mints, as last time some of them had nice lineages, or were 2nd gens, or had amusing codes. Quite a wide choice despite them all being the same breed. ...but when I see someone mass-bred different kinds, and both parents have pokemon names, I can be almost completely sure it's going to be terribly messy. laugh.gif So generally it all depends on who spams the AP and with what content. But I'm able to get over it so no problem for me.

I see we are talking about the same person xd.png I don't even bother to check their lineages anymore; as soon as I see parent's names I chuck them back into the AP, unless they happen to be something I need for my freezing project.

Threads like these, with people whining about others(not saying all of you are doing this!), are ridiculous. I'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints if he massbred and AP'd Silvers, Golds, Tinsels, and Shimmers.

I really love AP hunting so I absolutely HATE seeing that damned wall of Mints happening so regularly. Oh sure, he's playing the game he wants to play and forcing all the rest of us to play HIS game. So YEAH mass breeding still deserves all the hate since it's a self-centered don't give a damn about any other player on DC way of thinking.

"Damned wall of mints"? That's a new one; I like it.

No, I'm not forcing you to play "my game," whatever that is. You're more than welcome to AP hunt whenever you wish. So far I haven't actually had a mass breeding last more than 12 hours. 12 hours of the 7 days in a week. I don't even mass breed that often, more like 2-3 months when I can be bothered. smile.gif

You think I'm self-centered and don't give a damn about any other player on DC's way of thinking? I, uh, honestly think you should get your facts right before you come to conclusions. xd.png I've given at least 5 3rd gen Tinsels/shimmers away this week, alone. I guess that's self-centered though... Oh wait:

The LEAST people could do if they MUST mass breed, is breed USEFUL eggs instead of inbred, long-lined crappy Mints.

Oh believe me, I try.

For the past two weeks... I've (from what I can remember):

a. Bred about 250 mint x metal lineages to the AP, as part of my mint x metal project. And not gotten a single metallic egg.

b. Bred at least 20 3rd gens from spriter alt lineages to the AP

c. Bred at least 5 3rd gen thuweds to the AP

d. Bred at least 1 2nd gen gold to the AP

e. Bred 5-15 3rd gen common x metals to the AP

f. Sent 3-4 4th gen shimmers/tinsel to the AP.

And that's just in the past 14 days.

And guess what - people forget that the AP (abandoned page) is for ABANDONED dragons. Yes, dragons people don't care about. By that definition, everything in the AP should be useless.

It's funny. People tell me I should mass breed golds, silvers, rainbows and leprechauns to the AP. I've tried. It doesn't work.

I'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints if he massbred and AP'd Silvers, Golds, Tinsels, and Shimmers.

Yes, there would, as that would screw with the ratios. Happened before. xd.png

@The OP's idea:

Personally, I don't mind massbreedings as long as the lineages are not messy. I really do wish people who breed those messies without any intention of keeping them would think about who's going to want those eggs.

If you want to mass-breed mints (or other commons), fine. Most of these are indeed 2nd gens, and those always find a loving home easily. But I just don't see why anyone massbreeds dragons that are common and long-and-messy-lineaged, except if they purposefully want to bother other players.

So, yeah. I personally hunt for incu-hatchable CBs for random gifting there, which is lots of fun. I like the AP being incu-hatchable. smile.gif Sure, instant-ERable might be nicer still, but I don't think that purposeful mass-abandoning of any-breed 2nd-gens just to get the times down is really a good idea. I think the reason the times on the AP get low after one-breed-massbreedings is that during those floods, more people who would otherwise pick up AP eggs don't do it since they don't want to "waste an Incubate on a messy common", so these eggs need to get down to ER-times before they are picked up. And then, when the wall clears, the eggs younger than these are, of course, ER, too.

There are more desirable eggs between those, though, so they are picked up faster, which raises the time-level at which AP eggs are picked up to "incu-hatchable" again.

That means if you'd want to get the same effect without using just one breed, you would need a LOT more eggs than those one-breed-massbreeders, since there will always be enough eggs in the mix to make them desirable at incu-hatch-state. The only way such a mixed-2nd-gen-wall would drop to steady ER level would be if the sheer amount is so high that users have no way of keeping up. (Even incu-hatched or ER-hatched hatchies will lock you eventually. wink.gif ) Which would then go to frustrate those who like hunting for CBs there...

So, short version: I do think what you're suggesting is possible, but it would require a VERY large constant mass of 2nd gens (or other nice-lineaged eggs) to be bred for the AP, and it would diminish the fun for those hunting for other stuff.

I don't think a supply of instant-ERable 2nd gens is nicer than a supply of incu-hatchable CBs (both being mixed in with the usual messies ;P), so I don't think this is a good idea.

Edited by Lastalda

We, at least I, am not talking about some particar who drops plenty of great stuff and there are always floods of thank yous. I am saying it's nice when players realize their impact on the game and try to make it as positive as possible.

I will again restate. .... want a big party of giftings of awesome Dragons .... do it as a player run event on IRC or the Forums.

And submit some awesome hybrid dragon ideas and hopefully we'll see player run events which, when more people are doing them, will educate more people about a few fun alternatives. That's my current thought as you can't change minds until there are cooler alternatives.

If they even care to change their opinion at all.

Edited by natayah

I personally find it quite irritating. So much so I actually have a rant about it elsewhere. I might post a link to here eventually (the language within it is not appropriate for this forum), but I'm still working on the log that said entry is in, so it might be a while xd.png

Edited by Wahya

We, at least I, am not talking about some particar who drops plenty of great stuff and there are always floods of thank yous. I am saying it's nice when players realize their impact on the game and try to make it as positive as possible.

I will again restate. .... want a big party of giftings of awesome Dragons .... do it as a player run event on IRC or the Forums.

And submit some awesome hybrid dragon ideas and hopefully we'll see player run events which, when more people are doing them, will educate more people about a few fun alternatives. That's my current thought as you can't change minds until there are cooler alternatives.

If they even care to change their opinion at all.

Didn't you do that last year as a birthday party? Because it was awesome.

So, short version: I do think what you're suggesting is possible, but it would require a VERY large constant mass of 2nd gens (or other nice-lineaged eggs) to be bred for the AP, and it would diminish the fun for those hunting for other stuff.

I don't think a supply of instant-ERable 2nd gens is nicer than a supply of incu-hatchable CBs (both being mixed in with the usual messies ;P), so I don't think this is a good idea.

I'm... not suggesting he do that.

At all.

I was simply stating that people complain when he breeds his 800 Mints, and if shinies were to be massbred, produced, and AP'd, everyone would be happy; not many people would say negative things about the situation, due to the mentality that metals are "wanted" and mints are "unwanted".

Sorry for the missunderstanding; everything of my post except the first line was directed at the OP and their idea. wink.gif

Have edited my post to make that more clear.

Edited by Lastalda

LOL I'd love to see a mass-breed of leprechauns, and some chameleons while we're at it. I hate all kind of mass breeds because they obstruct my hunting and they're not what I need. When I see more than one "pattern" breeding of such eggs that I can guess is coming from single scroll, I just ignore the AP until these eggs are cleared. But my hate is limited to me, and I do not associate it with the game or people involved with such breeding. That's what hunting AP is you know? To look for diamond in the rough. For some people, those mass breeds are diamonds, some others are hunting for cb dragons, some are after hatchies.. everyone has different needs and everyone's diamonds are different.

It's okay to vent "aww man only mints/whiptails/waterhorse/etc in ap today..boring" just like we crib about blockers sitting in cave but not "damn xyz for breeding blah and blah" because that's just wrong. Everyone has the right to abandon whatever that pleases them in whatever number they want. Whether those are rare eggs or inbred commons or whatever; it's not really up to others to debate. Just move on and find something you like.

And I've personally tried to "mass breed rares" a few times. What a fail that was. rolleyes.gif In the end I "contributed" bunch of fails to AP because none of my shinies cooperated, yeah, not doing that again. I just breed few good dragons a time now to reduce number of fails I abandon.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

For several days, I've been trying to find messy Black eggs to freeze the S1s for a project I am working on, normally easy to find. Got a couple of CBs and a gorgeous little 4th gen that alted, but I've only picked up one messy, and there are so many other gorgeous eggs that I keep tossing back, (and some I just have to keep) because I really want to get this project completed Where are the messy Blacks hiding?

You can't always get what you want! xd.png

For several days, I've been trying to find messy Black eggs to freeze the S1s for a project I am working on, normally easy to find. Got a couple of CBs and a gorgeous little 4th gen that alted, but I've only picked up one messy, and there are so many other gorgeous eggs that I keep tossing back, (and some I just have to keep) because I really want to get this project completed Where are the messy Blacks hiding?

You can't always get what you want! xd.png

I can breed you eggses from DISGUSTINGLY messy blacks. Indeed, I have some of the worst inbreds known to man... PM me xd.png

I see we are talking about the same person xd.png I don't even bother to check their lineages anymore; as soon as I see parent's names I chuck them back into the AP, unless they happen to be something I need for my freezing project.

Oh gosh, I've seen my fair share of those. And I rarely check the lineage these days either, I just sigh a bit and dump them back to the AP...

I'm... not suggesting he do that.

At all.

I was simply stating that people complain when he breeds his 800 Mints, and if shinies were to be massbred, produced, and AP'd, everyone would be happy; not many people would say negative things about the situation, due to the mentality that metals are "wanted" and mints are "unwanted".

Eh, I'm not so sure that's it. At least it's not for me. I've picked up some of those mints and happy to have them indeed.

For me it's more that due to a crazy work schedule there are periods of time when my AP hunting is very limited, and it can be frustrating to find that the only three hour window I have in a 48 hour period is full of pretty much nothing but a single breed. It also gets monotonous after the first hour or so, and that would remain true regardless of breed or 'value'.

Personally I'd be thrilled if those mass breeds were broken down into smaller, more manageable breedings. I might get a chance at them more often, and by the time I got bored looking at the same breed over and over again the wall would be about over and I could go on to other stuff.

In other words I'd like to see smaller mass breedings, more often, is that a contradiction? tongue.gif

Personally I'd be thrilled if those mass breeds were broken down into smaller, more manageable breedings. I might get a chance at them more often, and by the time I got bored looking at the same breed over and over again the wall would be about over and I could go on to other stuff.

In other words I'd like to see smaller mass breedings, more often, is that a contradiction? tongue.gif

Currently, I have only tuesdays to hunt for cb eggs. Thus, I need to do my crimson x silver and magi x gold tries on friday or saturday.

That leaves 60+ eggs in the ap whenever I have time for it on those days. Theres no way to stagger those massbreeds, and i'm pretty sure othrr people have similar constraints.

The ap is not any more a "get your nice eggs here, quickly"-place than the cave, even though some people really think it should be.

And then? Then the game would be dead.

Oh gosh, I've seen my fair share of those. And I rarely check the lineage these days either, I just sigh a bit and dump them back to the AP...

That person is probably the greatest troll in the history of DC universe.

That's a nice idea actually.

I don't care about massbreeds of one breed. But, there's one person who breeds their whole scroll (no idea who is it) at the same time, and regularly leaves the AP full of horribly lineaged dragons. I want to pull my hair out when it's that time of the week.

Does he name his dragons in the following scheme:

(color) (Pokemon)

The mint guy is cool though (42), all dem 2nd gen mints. Xylene leaves like 1000 2nd gen neo-tropicals once every year (happened recently). (I personally love these two people for their contributions to lowering the times in the AP and providing me with nice 2nd gens).

Some people need to read my whole post though, I was proposing a new type of mass breed (which would not result in a wall of one type of dragon . . . ).

Edited by GUYUGKUYG

Honestly, the mass breeds most people complain about tend to be commons, and I don't see the problem. So someone mass breeds 500 mint eggs and dumps them to the AP. That means that 500 less mints will be dropped in the cave. Think about it! Most of us don't really want to see alot.png of commons in the cave, we want uncommons or rares. So if the commons are being mass breed commons it takes that egg out of the cave, since the site sees no difference between producing a bred common and a cb common.

The only problem with mass breeding is if people mass breed rares, really. 500 bred golds dumped to the AP means 500 less golds in the cave--and I think we can all agree that's not really great if the bred golds aren't nice. But it's funny, I never see anyone complaining about golds in the AP. At least not outside this thread. Usually people are happy to catch a rare off the AP even if it's inbred or whatever.

I find the insert-breed-here walls mildly annoying, mostly because those aren't the breeds I hoard. If someone mass-bred seawyrm pygmies to the AP, I would be ALL OVER THAT because I collect those. So, meh. It's mildly annoying for a couple hours during which I do other things.

Does he name his dragons in the following scheme:

(color) (Pokemon)

The mint guy is cool though (42), all dem 2nd gen mints. Xylene leaves like 1000 2nd gen neo-tropicals once every year (happened recently). (I personally love these two people for their contributions to lowering the times in the AP and providing me with nice 2nd gens).

Some people need to read my whole post though, I was proposing a new type of mass breed (which would not result in a wall of one type of dragon . . . ).

Ahahaha yes. I think I once actually found 3rd even gen from him. I mean, it was still a messed up lineage, but I should've kept it for curiosity's sake.

Honestly, last time 42 breed his mints I didn't know which one to first pick up (some of those gtaves have awesome codes). I ended up picking and abandonning mints before they hatched since I couldn't get them all. Ended up without any xd.png.

To some extent I think a lot of players consider the cave the 'main thing' and think of the AP as just a dumping ground. And they play it as though everyone should feel that way, but for me, and probably many others the AP IS our hunting ground. Personally I don't have the connections to get anything good from the cave and even the more uncommon eggs in the AP are gone before I can click on them.

It kind of bothers me when people say that the AP is just a dumping ground, as though it's not really meant for hunting, so it's okay if someone monopolizes it for hours on end. Or as though skewing the ratios so that there fewer of a certain common in the cave because the AP has been flooded with them is ok because cave hunting is more important than AP hunting.

To some extent I think a lot of players consider the cave the 'main thing' and think of the AP as just a dumping ground. And they play it as though everyone should feel that way, but for me, and probably many others the AP IS our hunting ground. Personally I don't have the connections to get anything good from the cave and even the more uncommon eggs in the AP are gone before I can click on them.

It kind of bothers me when people say that the AP is just a dumping ground, as though it's not really meant for hunting, so it's okay if someone monopolizes it for hours on end. Or as though skewing the ratios so that there fewer of a certain common in the cave because the AP has been flooded with them is ok because cave hunting is more important than AP hunting.

This really goes to show that nothing will make everyone happy. Personally I'm glad that people massbreed, it always gives me interesting things to hunt and changes the behavior of the AP.

The AP is the dumping pile though, that's where eggs and hatchies go when they are not wanted by the person who had them. That's literally what it is.

Yeah, I realize that, but it's also meant for hunting, otherwise it would make more sense for those unwanted eggs just to go to some big egg graveyard somewhere. So I'm all for some kind of happy medium where both AP and cave hunters respect that one style of hunting is not more important than the other.

Honestly, the mass breeds most people complain about tend to be commons, and I don't see the problem. So someone mass breeds 500 mint eggs and dumps them to the AP. That means that 500 less mints will be dropped in the cave. Think about it! Most of us don't really want to see alot.png of commons in the cave, we want uncommons or rares. So if the commons are being mass breed commons it takes that egg out of the cave, since the site sees no difference between producing a bred common and a cb common.

The only problem with mass breeding is if people mass breed rares, really. 500 bred golds dumped to the AP means 500 less golds in the cave--and I think we can all agree that's not really great if the bred golds aren't nice. But it's funny, I never see anyone complaining about golds in the AP. At least not outside this thread. Usually people are happy to catch a rare off the AP even if it's inbred or whatever.

That's the most sensible post I've read all day. I can understand that, when people don't have a certain superrare, an inbred dragon is as good as any (I have two golds with terrible lineages, one I traded for, other don't remember where I got it, and I had grown so desperate for just one egg I coudn't care any more), they will happily take whatever they can.

But, those inbred rares mean one less CB rare, and more CB commons to even out the ratios.

The more we breed commons, the less of that specie we will get. Lets not forget Blacks and Striped are supposed to be common. I am currently working on a Terrae project, and I usually hunt the AP for them. I happen to see LOADS of tinselfails, to the point it is not amusing any more. Used to keep them, but now I'm tossing them back, hoping to get CB.

The thing is, I hve observed as of late two issues. My terraes are not breeding as they used to. Sometimes it can take me two months to get a certain egg from a certain pairing (which is very annoying), and when I go hunt Forest Biome for terraes, what used to be a blocker is nowhere to be seen. I usually pick up the eggs to move the qeue, and still find NO terrae behind a whiptail. They have been so overbred they are starting to become more uncommon.

So the AP wall is not an issue, for me. I actually kind of like it. It's fun going in and saying, "OMG, what is that?"

But like 99,9% of the time, the AP is as always, a multicolor rainbow of low time eggs for the likes of anyone. The "anger" or annoyance one might feel at first when looking in the AP for horses and finding mints, is absurd. It will pass in minutes, it is not a fundamental issue into our lives, or an unsolvable situation. Making a big deal out of something so pointless... I don't know, guess I'm a bit sensitive right now. My friend called because some idiot (I'd call him more things, but... censor) crashed her boyfriend's car while it was parked and ran away, which will be a good 2000 bucks they don't have, and is ruinning a 2 years long thing she was planning and which brought her a lot of hard working and suffering.

Now, she doesn't know if next week she'll be able to do that what she was planning, or she'll have to postpone it AGAIN, as she has been doing for two long years.

So, while I understand your sentiment, this is a game which solves itself in 12 hours the most... you get mildly annoyed, you voice it (funny thing, the internet has, lets us voice everything before we had time to process it correctly) and tomorrow you will have forgotten.

So, no, I don't mind the wall at all. It is a minor annoyance that doesn't affect my life one bit.

As for the whole issue about affecting other's gameplay, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing that as the ultimate can of worms to keep things from happening in DC. This is an online game, your actions WILL affect other's gameplay. If you have 300 silvers and successfully breed all, you are affecting my gameplay. When you take that lindwurm I needed from under my fingers, you are affecting my gameplay. When people decided to massbreed terraes in some sort of clean the AP wall project, they are affecting my gameplay (already mentioned the terrae breeding/hunting issues).

This is a game, and as long as the game mecanics allow it, it is permitted. This is what we agreed for when we signed in.