GUYUGKUYG

Do mass breeds still deserve their hate?

Funny, the people today in this thread are voicing their opinions about NOT liking MassBreeds yet they're not getting bashed and gritched at with statements like, "Oh? Do YOU own the AP?", and other snark.

There's a wall of BBWs there now - PBs - most PBs are useless (and BOOORING) to me and watching the wall of B BW green just sit there while I only have a little time on is just demoralizing. So, YES is still the answer to the OP question. But before I get flamed and all manner of PMs about it again I'll shut up. Good to se that other people can voice their opinions and not get flamed for it though.

Mass breeds are fine if they're breeds that have a BSA or generally a useful characteristic, such as being holidays or uncommon breeds and such. Common mass breeds are quite irritating to me, but I'm not the type to make a fuss over it. My only question is why? I'm a little puzzled.

Mass breeds are fine if they're breeds that have a BSA or generally a useful characteristic, such as being holidays or uncommon breeds and such. Common mass breeds are quite irritating to me, but I'm not the type to make a fuss over it. My only question is why? I'm a little puzzled.

This is pretty much how I feel on the subject as well.

But then, I don't breed all too often. For a short bit I did, because I wanted to give back some nice eggs in exchange for the wonderful ones people have managed to place there on my own and others behalf to take and enjoy. Still do breed, trying to make stuff for a few friends and all, so some of my failures are getting dumped to the AP, but I always try to make them nice lineages should undesired results occur.

But honestly when it comes to BSA eggs, I don't worry much on lineages, they can be messy, inbred, and everything in-between that's "undesirable." Sometimes I take messy lineage eggs also cause its a dragon I don't own one of yet, and really want~

I wouldn't mind mass breeding if it didn't flood out every other thing there! I'm hunting CB eggs for my zombie hoard, and having an AP full of bred luminas (last night) or bred royal blues (right now) is quite annoying.

This is pretty much how I feel on the subject as well.

But then, I don't breed all too often. For a short bit I did, because I wanted to give back some nice eggs in exchange for the wonderful ones people have managed to place there on my own and others behalf to take and enjoy. Still do breed, trying to make stuff for a few friends and all, so some of my failures are getting dumped to the AP, but I always try to make them nice lineages should undesired results occur.

But honestly when it comes to BSA eggs, I don't worry much on lineages, they can be messy, inbred, and everything in-between that's "undesirable." Sometimes I take messy lineage eggs also cause its a dragon I don't own one of yet, and really want~

Agreed. I could care less what my red and pink lineages are like. If I see them in the AP I'll grab it because at the end of the day...you can never have enough.

I don't care for mass breeding of commons, but I also don't mind...especially since there are well known players who mass breed and some of the lineages you get are pretty amazing.

I wouldn't mind mass breeding if it didn't flood out every other thing there! I'm hunting CB eggs for my zombie hoard, and having an AP full of bred luminas (last night) or bred royal blues (right now) is quite annoying.

Amen.

I'm not a fan of planned mass breeding events but I'm not annoyed by then. In general, they involve several breeds, tend to not breed messies and, more important than anything, are PLANNED, so I know when to stay away from the AP. I'm not annoyed by people breeding BSA to the AP. Sometimes I do and sometimes I breed 2nd Gen rares for the AP - unfortunately "mass" does not apply, rares tend to be very uncooperative.

What DRIVES ME INSANE is to see an AP full of messy inbred thingies, in particular when others unselfishly hunted new releases, dropped them there and those end on the queue for hours. I disagree with the "AP is the trash can" mantra, for me it is not. It can help slow catchers and, sometimes, it can make others happy with nice eggs that they would not be able to get otherwise.

I would like to ask one of those messies breeders "Why?". Even if I'm under the impression that the answer would be "Because I Can."

I personally really like seeing walls of things. If I could breed a lot of reds in order to flood the AP, I would. However, I don't breed anymore and often find that the AP has extremely nice dragons that are low-time. It's fun to look at the lineages, and while I know I don't have time to breed them, they are great to collect on my scroll.

There are a couple of threads that are around and are starting to pop up that actually want to encourage "Vampire Biting / Breeding Runs." I know sometimes the best times to do those is when the AP is at a lower time, filled with messier lineages and/or a wall of some sort and seems to not really be moving. Because many people want vampires, don't always care what their lineage is (although some people like interesting lineaged vampires too plenty) and would love to snatch eggs at those moments.

Anyone who does get annoyed even a bit (no pun intended when I typed that), I think should possibly consider looking at some of these groups and encouraging them. Unless you have a personal vow not to ever bite eggs ever. But if they are in the AP, they are up for grabs so ... And it can be a lot of fun and get things moving.

Just something else to consider to help "move" the AP along.

^ While Vampire biting would be a way to move AP eggs, I personally wouldn't participate. The thought is nice, but I have had too many Vamp fails and I can't bring myself to risk locking myself.

Mass Breeding is annoying to me. What Sock has suggested in her thread ( Sock's Mass Breeding Extravaganza ) is a great alternative to single-breed Mass Breedings that tick a lot of players off.

Y'all should go there and give your input if you haven't already. ^^