GUYUGKUYG

Do mass breeds still deserve their hate?

That's the most sensible post I've read all day. I can understand that, when people don't have a certain superrare, an inbred dragon is as good as any (I have two golds with terrible lineages, one I traded for, other don't remember where I got it, and I had grown so desperate for just one egg I coudn't care any more), they will happily take whatever they can.

But, those inbred rares mean one less CB rare, and more CB commons to even out the ratios.

The more we breed commons, the less of that specie we will get. Lets not forget Blacks and Striped are supposed to be common. I am currently working on a Terrae project, and I usually hunt the AP for them. I happen to see LOADS of tinselfails, to the point it is not amusing any more. Used to keep them, but now I'm tossing them back, hoping to get CB.

The thing is, I hve observed as of late two issues. My terraes are not breeding as they used to. Sometimes it can take me two months to get a certain egg from a certain pairing (which is very annoying), and when I go hunt Forest Biome for terraes, what used to be a blocker is nowhere to be seen. I usually pick up the eggs to move the qeue, and still find NO terrae behind a whiptail. They have been so overbred they are starting to become more uncommon.

So the AP wall is not an issue, for me. I actually kind of like it. It's fun going in and saying, "OMG, what is that?"

But like 99,9% of the time, the AP is as always, a multicolor rainbow of low time eggs for the likes of anyone. The "anger" or annoyance one might feel at first when looking in the AP for horses and finding mints, is absurd. It will pass in minutes, it is not a fundamental issue into our lives, or an unsolvable situation. Making a big deal out of something so pointless... I don't know, guess I'm a bit sensitive right now. My friend called because some idiot (I'd call him more things, but... censor) crashed her boyfriend's car while it was parked and ran away, which will be a good 2000 bucks they don't have, and is ruinning a 2 years long thing she was planning and which brought her a lot of hard working and suffering.

Now, she doesn't know if next week she'll be able to do that what she was planning, or she'll have to postpone it AGAIN, as she has been doing for two long years.

So, while I understand your sentiment, this is a game which solves itself in 12 hours the most... you get mildly annoyed, you voice it (funny thing, the internet has, lets us voice everything before we had time to process it correctly) and tomorrow you will have forgotten.

So, no, I don't mind the wall at all. It is a minor annoyance that doesn't affect my life one bit.

As for the whole issue about affecting other's gameplay, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing that as the ultimate can of worms to keep things from happening in DC. This is an online game, your actions WILL affect other's gameplay. If you have 300 silvers and successfully breed all, you are affecting my gameplay. When you take that lindwurm I needed from under my fingers, you are affecting my gameplay. When people decided to massbreed terraes in some sort of clean the AP wall project, they are affecting my gameplay (already mentioned the terrae breeding/hunting issues).

This is a game, and as long as the game mecanics allow it, it is permitted. This is what we agreed for when we signed in.

You deserve all the hugs wub.gif

I really love AP hunting so I absolutely HATE seeing that damned wall of Mints happening so regularly. Oh sure, he's playing the game he wants to play and forcing all the rest of us to play HIS game. So YEAH mass breeding still deserves all the hate since it's a self-centered don't give a damn about any other player on DC way of thinking. The LEAST people could do if they MUST mass breed, is breed USEFUL eggs instead of inbred, long-lined crappy Mints.

I don't mind the mints because most of them are 2nd gens. It does gall me a bit when I pick up the messy lined ones. HOWEVER, since it appears that there is the possibility of being able to zombie-fy dragons that are more than 2 weeks dead... there is plenty of fodder to stock up on now and kill and save the links to their dead pages so come next halloween.. click those links to pull up the dead dragon page and attempt to turn into zombie. biggrin.gif.

Honestly, the mass breeds most people complain about tend to be commons, and I don't see the problem. So someone mass breeds 500 mint eggs and dumps them to the AP. That means that 500 less mints will be dropped in the cave. Think about it!

TJ has said cave drops and breeding ratios are no longer connected to each other ... so mass breeding mints will NOT change the outcome of mint eggs showing up in the cave.

I would MUCH rather go to the AP to find a wall of well bred mints than to go to the AP and sort through a mess of hideous, messy commons that were bred with no purpose.

42 breeds nice eggs. Regardless of breed, it's nice to hunt for nice eggs. It's hardly ever my goal to go to the AP and sort through dozens of commons that come from a lineage that's all over the place and wasn't bred with any thought or purpose in mind.

Whenever I notice that someone is breeding garbage, I just do something else for a while. I was never all that lucky with finding diamonds in the rough. laugh.gif

Does he name his dragons in the following scheme:

(color) (Pokemon)

The mint guy is cool though (42), all dem 2nd gen mints.  Xylene leaves like 1000 2nd gen neo-tropicals once every year (happened recently).  (I personally love these two people for their contributions to lowering the times in the AP and providing me with nice 2nd gens).

Some people need to read my whole post though, I was proposing a new type of mass breed (which would not result in a wall of one type of dragon . . . ).

Yes lol.

Also, anyone remember mass-breed of Stones? I don't know who did it since I don't have any of their babies but it was amusing, I remember I really loved exotically-sounding names the parent dragons had. :D

I don't mind the mints because most of them are 2nd gens.  It does gall me a bit when I pick up the messy lined ones. HOWEVER, since it appears that there is the possibility of being able to zombie-fy dragons that are more than 2 weeks dead... there is plenty of fodder to stock up on now and kill and save the links to their dead pages so come next halloween.. click those links to pull up the dead dragon page and attempt to turn into zombie.  biggrin.gif.

What what what?

I didn't know about this. O_O Is this true? Where can I find more info on it?

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

HOWEVER, since it appears that there is the possibility of being able to zombie-fy dragons that are more than 2 weeks dead... there is plenty of fodder to stock up on now and kill and save the links to their dead pages so come next halloween.. click those links to pull up the dead dragon page and attempt to turn into zombie.  biggrin.gif.

If I remember correctly, TJ has stated that it wasn't an intended part of zombifying, I guess he could have fixed that now (if not, then he's probably going to).

The talk can be found in the Tiny Little Questions, although honestly I don't remember when exactly it took place.

Found it: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7806023

As suspected, it is not intended behavior. TJ thought he had disabled actions for tombstones after two weeks, but apparently they weren't. It's now on the list of things to update and fix. Would have been cool to be able to try for that many zombies, but yes, not intended, so please don't exploit it. ^^

And yeah, sorry for the off-topic post, but I thought I'd mention. x3

Edited by ZzelaBusya

That's awful. I'm sorry, it is.

Am I the only one who thinks it's amazing? xd.png If I worked with lineages, I'd totally make one like that.

When one says "inbred and messy Black", I usually imagine something different, like a totally uneven 16th gen with all kinds of dragon breeds in the line, and inbreeding in there of course. tongue.gif

Meh, personally I don't think massbreedings are a big deal. They're amusing more than anything to me, and even if they're a bunch of horribly lineaged dragons then I just go do something else for a while. Those messies will be picked up as fodder or by people who don't mind lineages. The AP is intended to be a dumping ground, and users can dump whatever they choose. That's how the game goes. *shrugs*

Have you, by any chance, ever seen this lineage?: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Xq24e

I think that's great. Just fantastic! xd.png

When one says "inbred and messy Black", I usually imagine something different, like a totally uneven 16th gen with all kinds of dragon breeds in the line, and inbreeding in there of course. tongue.gif

I usually think the same. I found this White on the AP and I love it.

Edited by Dimar

Am I the only one who thinks it's amazing? xd.png If I worked with lineages, I'd totally make one like that.

I think it's amazing. In fact, I own a Black from that lineage, and will soon be getting it's white sibling. Because it's really really pretty wub.gif

Inbreeding... I think that it looks awesome, but I feel a little bad for the dragons! biggrin.gif C: Unless it's messy inbreeding! Then I HATE it smile.gif

Have you, by any chance, ever seen this lineage?: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Xq24e

I love inbreeding like that! tongue.gif I'm trying to do one with Gold x Silver. It's slow work. rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I think most people would admit that it's a very big gap between the above lineage and one like this.

Hate? Not really, but they can be annoying. I certainly can see why they would be more annoying to someone with very limited time and can't wait a few hours for it to clear.

No, you're not. I also find it awesome, but haven't had the luck to get an egg from it.

There is an entire Thread under breeding for projects for Perfect Even Gen Inbreds .... so if you want these eggs, you can go look there or if you want to join in. I mean sure they are amazing AP finds... but you can go find the Project on the forums too and not just cross your fingers and torture pixies of their pixie dust til you one day randomly find one tongue.gif

That being said, when I got here, some person called them Vinbreds (Even Gen Inbreds), so I just always call them Vinbreds. Most people don't seem to use the phrase though, although I think a Vinbred is a lot different than a gnarled family bramble. Thats what most people are annoyed with unless you are just looking for a freezie or part of some project to release them to the wild.

We all enjoy AP gems. Its obvious from the dozens of comments and threads about them. However, if you want to just hunt for _nice_ eggs, while the AP is fun, lottos and threads that are setup for gifting (some moving super fast) are also all over the place just waiting for your attention. It's not all just about the AP. We have alternatives!!! And your chances of getting a nicer dragon there are a lot better than random AP digging. Not that I don't love AP digging and its fun and I love to drop goodies there and people shouldn't stop that. I just want to again - point out we have some alternatives and people should consider availing themselves of such alternatives as it fosters community, friendship, and growth of game activity without impact on game mechanics.

There are amazing gems on the Forums and IRC/Chat. Not just the AP. No reason to dump all your treasures there especially if you want them to go to a loving perfect home.

Edited by natayah

What what what?

I didn't know about this. O_O Is this true? Where can I find more info on it?

That was an unintended glitch that happened this past Halloween. I believe it has since been fixed.

This isn't messy. These are months of hard work, not randomly breeding everything. Epic<3

And this reminds me I should continue my Stone x Mint, no idea why I stopped... http://dragcave.net/lineage/lNI3g

We all enjoy AP gems. Its obvious from the dozens of comments and threads about them. However, if you want to just hunt for _nice_ eggs, while the AP is fun, lottos and threads that are setup for gifting (some moving super fast) are also all over the place just waiting for your attention. It's not all just about the AP. We have alternatives!!! And your chances of getting a nicer dragon there are a lot better than random AP digging. Not that I don't love AP digging and its fun and I love to drop goodies there and people shouldn't stop that. I just want to again - point out we have some alternatives and people should consider availing themselves of such alternatives as it fosters community, friendship, and growth of game activity without impact on game mechanics.

*likes this* I agree, I've won lots of precious things in IRC lottos. Many of these prizes are shiny.