RaisingDragons

November Release

I wouldn't mind (it always USED to be totally random, after all) if he had not specifically said, HERE

Just a reminder: The October release will occur later this month as part of the Halloween event.

The November release will occur in mid- to late-November to give ample time for dragons to grow up after the Halloween event.

On that have we all based our breeding, our sleep, or visits to the cinema....

Tomorrow is the last possible day, if he spoke truth.

This. Even if something is preventing him from doing the release, a simple notice in the news would have been enough.

If TJ was in IRC all night last night, did anyone ASK him when the release was to happen? Or are there 'rules against' that sort of thing?

The following is my opinion, just my opinion, I do not presume to speak for anyone else.

As TJ says in the title of his "Ask-A-Mod" thread, being vague is his M.O. For years there was no announcement prior to new releases. We never knew for sure when they would happen. They generally came 2-3 months apart and some of us would clear our scroll for each weekend for as much as one month in anticipation, never knowing when the next release would be for sure but aware that it could happen anytime. If it doesn't happen tonight, it will be a December release, but I'm pretty sure it will happen this weekend. I do not recall any time he has gone back on his word. He may have decided against a Black Friday release because so many people will be working today. Most non-holiday releases have come on weekends in the past, so tonight is a logical time for it.

Just because he wasn't more definite, and we have been making assumptions and anticipating it for a few weeks is no real reason for anger or upset.

The following is my opinion, just my opinion, I do not presume to speak for anyone else.

As TJ says in the title of his "Ask-A-Mod" thread, being vague is his M.O. For years there was no announcement prior to new releases. We never knew for sure when they would happen. They generally came 2-3 months apart and some of us would clear our scroll for each weekend for as much as one month in anticipation, never knowing when the next release would be for sure but aware that it could happen anytime. If it doesn't happen tonight, it will be a December release, but I'm pretty sure it will happen this weekend. I do not recall any time he has gone back on his word. He may have decided against a Black Friday release because so many people will be working today. Most non-holiday releases have come on weekends in the past, so tonight is a logical time for it.

Just because he wasn't more definite, and we have been making assumptions and anticipating it for a few weeks is no real reason for anger or upset.

Hmm. Good points, all of them. I was on hiatus from the game until about last April, so I've missed out on the finer points of how things are done. And as several people have pointed out, TJ has a life too, and he's certainly entitled to his own holiday plans. For me, though, knowing that the man prefers to keep things loose and a little unpredictable helps me feel less twitchy. It's one thing when someone who is very "retentive" misses a deadline; it's quite another when you're working with someone who doesn't do deadlines. The former, it's reasonable to get upset. The latter, well, you knew going in that things might not proceed like you anticipated, and you just deal. wink.gif

It's his sandbox, after all! smile.gif

I'm not upset. But on this occasion he WAS specific, DID say it would be IN November, and many of us DO have things we need to breed (seasonals, I'm looking at you...)

I am still betting on my Nov 31st theory. xd.png

If TJ was in IRC all night last night, did anyone ASK him when the release was to happen? Or are there 'rules against' that sort of thing?

Even if we ask he reserves the right to remain silent. I've been in the IRC with him on and talking with everyone but remain mum when the subject is broached...

And there are only 30 days in Nov. so the 31st is not likely. Also if its a Dec. release chances are it will be the Christmas one. The only time (that I'm aware of) there was more than one in a month was for DC's birthday where there were 7 in one week...

Edited by lainey_lane03

I've only really been using DC this year, so I don't know much about how past releases and stuff work...when I read the halloween news, I was y'know just like "oh okay this is how things are gonna go" then I remember I saw someone make a post about how there haven't been november releases in the past, so this was a new thing. When November came, and has been going by..with no more news of a release, I've been wondering if maybe the mention of a November release in the halloween post was just some sort of a mistake? Like maybe there was never meant to be a november release and he just slipped up and said that for whatever reason. I don't know, but that's just kind of how I'm feeling on this whole thing. Of course it would suck if I go catch a bunch of eggs right now and then some super rare dragon comes out tomorrow...

Even if we ask he reserves the right to remain silent. I've been in the IRC with him on and talking with everyone but remain mum when the subject is broached...

And there are only 30 days in Nov. so the 31st is not likely. Also if its a Dec. release chances are it will be the Christmas one. The only time (that I'm aware of) there was more than one in a month was for DC's birthday where there were 7 in one week...

I KNOW ! MY suggestion was that he was looking to Sunday as usual and forgot that !

There WILL be a Christmas release - I'm sure about that - and he has always said no releases in holiday months (so we didn't get one in October because of Hallowe'en.) And that was when he said there WOULD be one in November, middle to end of the month. THAT is the POINT.

Aw... I was hoping I would come home from school to a new release... Oh well. Whatever. I'm still pretty excited, though.

It's still "late November" but I definitely thought the release would happen earlier than now because of the reason given being the Halloween dragons needed time to grow up and that isn't an issue any longer.

I haven't been keeping my scroll free (although I did alter some of my habits to make me get a smaller ratio of eggs I'd need to keep versus ones I could get rid of if I needed to) but I can absolutely understand that people have been keeping theirs free.

As TJ says in the title of his "Ask-A-Mod" thread, being vague is his M.O.

I... wow. I didn't know that. There is definitely a place for some mystery about the site/releases/ratios/whatever! That type of vague I totally understand. But the communication that is misleading is kind of really unnecessary, and I hope that with the thread title he's not meaning to say that he thinks misleading is the type of vague that's good.

Tonight is as late as "late November" can get.

Personally I would rather have had a release in September and skip November completely.

This way is running a scheduled release right up against Holiday breeding- not optimal IMHO. dry.gif

Personally I would rather have had a release in September and skip November completely.

There was already a September release. Depending on what happens tonight this may be the case...

3 hours and 10 minutes to our last opportunity for a November release now. I think I'll be unlocked. If it doesn't happen, I think I'll breed some Autumns.

Well, unlike last night, all my egg slots are open (or will be when that last stubborn one pops momentarily)...just as they have been the previous two weekends. As has been pointed out, unless he totally forgot, this is as late as it gets with it still being November.

As TJ says in the title of his "Ask-A-Mod" thread, being vague is his M.O. For years there was no announcement prior to new releases.

And this is my opinion only. Previous behaviour is no excuse. He has begun announcing egg releases and setting up a system that includes news about holiday releases. In my opinion, this is the current state of the cave, and leaving members uninformed is discourteous at the least.

Remember that there are people who donate to the site, whether they choose to speak of it or not. The site has moved beyond a personal game.

There should have been some kind of update about the "mid to late November release." What's going on now is just plain rude.

We're not out of November quite yet.

I've never known TJ to say he's going to do something then not do it. If there's some pressing reason to cancel the plan I'm sure he'll tell us. Otherwise, well... it's still November right now.

and has nothing whatsoever to do with donating or not donating.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Soo - how long now? The tension! The drama! The angst!

And all over some pixels lol

1h58m smile.gif

I'm sorta wishing right now that it will be postponed until 12PM Saturday. I'm very close to perfect scroll lock, and if the release comes out in 1 hour and 55 minutes... Nyeh.

I can imagine people with red eyes in the middle of the night straining their fingers to click F5 and left click with their mouse.

edit - This topic is the closest thing to a ranting thread possible.

Edited by car340

I'm sorta wishing right now that it will be postponed until 12PM Saturday. I'm very close to perfect scroll lock, and if the release comes out in 1 hour and 55 minutes... Nyeh.

I can imagine people with red eyes in the middle of the night straining their fingers to click F5 and left click with their mouse.

edit - This topic is the closest thing to a ranting thread possible.

xd.png, It's 4:00 PM here so I don't have red eyes, but for most people that's true. I am hoping there is some release though.

Last of the AP ERs just hatched, and another group just grew up, so I have 7 eggs slot to keep clear for the next 48 minutes. We'll see what happens after that!

It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. Really, does it change your life if there's a new release or not? Take a deep breathe . . .