RaisingDragons

November Release

For all the people that are UPSET because there is no release today...

Just think about one thing...

That he is maybe celebrating thanksgiving with his family.

Let that thought sink in.

Are you telling me TJ is a human???? Whaaaat?

Who knew.

Being new and all

how are new dragons released?

so far from what I read is the cave, but it also sounds like there are other methods of new dragon releases. are there?

I've only been a member of the forum since the release of the Doutone and Opal dragons, (which I believe was the August release) and from as far back as July (I think) TJ has been announcing when the new dragons would be released on the cave by posting it in the "NEWS" section. Thus announcing that the release had begun and he would post his own eggs to show people what they looked like as they hunt.

It didn't used to be so well announced, the release would just start without warning. As you might imagine this would catch everyone off guard and many people who would normally be egg-locked would get frustrated, myself included. The eggs are always released in the cave, it's just become easier to know when they appear thanks to the forum.

---------------------------------

I know some people here are complaining that the release didn't happen tonight, but in all honesty, why get angry about it? I myself got out of bed to see if the release had started, but with how bad I was feeling before I thought,...well maybe TJ's not feeling well? Maybe he's spending time with family? It is Thanksgiving after all. Shouldn't family come first?

And as another person said, this is also the time when school is preparing for it's semester exams and other important assignments. One of the mods has been very busy with their school work leaving little time for DC. Despite how awesome this site is, we have to realize that reality and real life comes first.

The release will happen when it happens and I look forward to being there when it does. smile.gif

.-. Welp, I just realized there is still another day to November and egg-locked myself. Ah well, I could AP eggs if I so desired.

I'm not made about not having a release as expected but, I do wish that TJ had had the curtesy to let the users know and, if he couldn't do it on his own, to have a moderator send the message.

Anyways, I'm moving on now. I just won't linger on this any longer. My head kind of hurts from a twinge here or there as I've had a headache all day until a few hours ago.

Meh, it's sort of a good thing that it wasn't today. TJ has a RL, everyone here does, and he'll either do it today (Probably not) or tomorrow. I could have sworn this once happened and not many people freaked out. 0.o

I'm going back to sleep, see you all in about 9 hours. o3o

PS - If you're mad/upset, go look at some pictures of cute kitties to make you go 'Dawww'.

As I won't be at a Computer until about 2pm DC time tomorrow, I don't really care if there's a release then. After 14 hours there's usually so many normal eggs mixed in that I don't even have to try. So I bred a Special one and caught some nice CBs now. That's that for me.

And of course TJ is human, but as he wrote about a November release and so far nothing has happened, I think we have a reason to be upset. Getting up or staying up on Thanksgiving or a day off or trying to find time on a normal work day outside the US, we are human too. wink.gif

on another note, november isn't over yet, there is still tomorrow. And if there is no release tomorrow, they are maybe (spriters and site-maker) brewing something special up for christmas, who knows?

Relax people. It's a game.

This, definitely. Though usually I think people finish up dinner earlier. idk, my family has dinner rather early (more like late lunchtime) so we're all finished by actual dinnertime.

I really hope there's a release tomorrow though! While it's good and all, letting the Halloween dragons grow, there's basically no dragon-grabbing action from September to January. Halloween and Christmas are quite busy times and there is school, but I still want something in between because I think it's easy enough to grab at least one dragon in November. And especially if you miss the holidays, then you're out of permanent releases until the following year which kind of sucks.

on another note, november isn't over yet, there is still tomorrow. And if there is no release tomorrow, they are maybe (spriters and site-maker) brewing something special up for christmas, who knows?

Relax people. It's a game.

Considering cave time is eastern time I believe it's safe to assume tj has the same time. With that, thanksgiving would be over already.

Considering cave time is eastern time I believe it's safe to assume tj has the same time. With that, thanksgiving would be over already.

Actually TJ lives on the West coast now.

Yeah, On the lack of releases sept- Jan...I kind of feel it would work better if next year there was an october release the first weekend like normal and the halloween release takes over the November one. I mean, Halloween is always going to be the very last day of the month, its closer to when the Nov one should be and I feel that we would have at least a few weeks for the "regular" Oct release to calm down.

So we may still get one? Like in 2 1/2 hours? Or we may not. It would be cool if we did. smile.gif

So we may still get one? Like in 2 1/2 hours? Or we may not. It would be cool if we did. smile.gif

As far as I know DC is still on east coast time.

While TJ moved, I think Cave Time has remained the same. It would have happened 35 minutes ago, if it was for today.

You have got to be kidding me. I have spent almost three weeks mostly trying to keep scroll empty in all this anticipation. A release has never been this disappointing before. :/ I don't mind the wait, I don't mind if there won't be release either. What I do mind is complete lack of communication.

Neat. I suppose he could've forgot being on pacific time now.

As far as I know DC is still on east coast time.

It is. I'm on the East Coast and the Cave Time matches mine. happy.gif

I don't believe there will be a release 'tonight'. DragonCave time is already 12:41, if there was going to be one, it would've happened 41 minutes ago. >.>

Maybe 'tomorrow' night guys.

I find myself wondering if he could get caught in traffic, or a blackout or other misadventure, and miss the time for something he planned.

ETA: I'm a mom, so I guess those kind of worries come from events with my own son. I hope everything is all right.

Edited by dragongrrl

I've kept my scroll open for eggs this whole month, mainly just grabbing AP eggs and hatching them to get hatchlings..

Im seriously hoping there is a November release tomorrow. I mean, ive been looking forward to it sad.gif

I'm all paranoid now. I see those anonomyis viewers on this thread and I'm thinking one of them could be tj just trolling or something. Crazy huh?.....

We are allowed to think and politely say what we would like, but as we don't run the site or make the eggs, sprites whatever we ought to be saying oh goodie, a new egg. Prettiful. I like it. Thanks.

Yes, I was up early, stayed up to make the Thanksgiving dinner, was exhausted and crashed for a few hours and got back up to do RL things and wait for eggs. No Black Friday egg or Thanksgiving egg? Maybe next year. Tomorrow is November 30th and if the drop isn't happening in about 23 hours and 20 minutes then there will be a note stating the expected release is postponed or cancelled. Disappointed we will be but we will live and there will be a good reason behind the lack of egg. I just hope nothing has gone wrong in anyone's RL. I hope he meant to have a last day of the month egg. Perhaps a sports fan rivalry of college football teams egg.

After a 45 minute wait I can safely say a midnight drop EST isn't happening.

See you tomorrow say dragon place, midnight time. LOL Have a great weekend.

I remember in the past a release was a little late, not exactly at midnight. Not sure if this is correct but I remember something being delayed by an hour or two. If not tonight than maybe tomorrow, if not tomorrow than Sunday since it falls on the 1st, makes sense there might be two releases for December since Christmas isn't until the end of the month.

I remember in the past a release was a little late, not exactly at midnight. Not sure if this is correct but I remember something being delayed by an hour or two. If not tonight than maybe tomorrow, if not tomorrow than Sunday since it falls on the 1st, makes sense there might be two releases for December since Christmas isn't until the end of the month.

Halloween was at the end of the month as well.

I think we are not going to have one this month, and that's fine.

If we had a new release now the growing up stages would be overlapping with the holiday breeding so would get extra stressful for the holiday breeders and catchers.

So I am hoping that he just skips November at this point.

For the record, the first batch of any new release that happened today or tomorrow would definitely be grown up before the holiday breeding starts (Absolute maximum is 14 days total). However, whatever happens, happens. I made a point to get on early to check today and yesterday, but it's no skin off my back if there's not a release.