shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Loki was silent as he listened to the angel's crazy tale. It was, actually, crazy. When he apparently finished, Loki was silent for a few more moments before he decided to speak his mind thoughtfully and truthfully.

"That is the single most ridiculous thing I have ever heard," he replied bluntly. "And I have a horse for a son! I have been alive for thousands of years and thousands of years before that, my father was alive. Never in that time has anyone ever mentioned something of this magnitude to us. Is this what humans call... Religion? It's quite silly and an adorable tale but I fear it is false."

Gabriel's gaze hardened as Loki scorned him, actually starting to get angry. He wasn't so pretentious that he denied everything, but this? This mere pagan challenging creation and God and everything? "So how do you explain me?" He asked quietly, playful smirk gone. Maybe he should play with him a little, make him see reason.

It just sounds like to me you ran away when everybody could've used your help The shadow commented shortly after Loki spole. He too was finding the angel's tale pretty funny, but didn't outright say it. The cruel grin that curled in the corner of one lip was enough. Gabriel's wings were impressive, however. Wait, a horse? How...You know what? I don't think I want to know. Also, what's religion? And is Heaven and Hell like the worlds of Shadow and Light?

Gabriel turned on Dark Link next, allowing his wings to fade from view. "Yeah, and I'm not proud of it. Maybe I'm a coward, but I'm alive aren't i? I want nothing to do with this fight. They're still my family, even if they're disagreeing, and I can't just choose a side," he retorted.

Family was yet another word Dark Link was unfamiliar with. His sneer faded and was replaced with a confused expression. The shadow's head tilted slight to the side like a dog would. Argh, all these words you keep saying I don't know! How am I supposed to know what a Family is?! he growled. The dark creature seemed more frustrated of himself than frustrated at Gabriel. Dark Link angrily brushed white hair from his scarlet eyes after talking. I've done nothing but been in a shadow my whole life! How can I learn all these words like that?!

That that was a harsh comment. "I'm one of those people," Felix said softly. "Well, I may not have immortality, but there is no time in Neverland, just day and night." He began wondering if living on Neverland was really worth it.

"Do not pretend disguising your appearance is a hard thing," Loki replied as he toyed with the shackles around his wrists. "Why, I am disguised right now as well. If you are pretentious enough to believe one thing invented an entire universe... You are as ignorant and stupid as mortals."

Gabriel narrowed his eyes, glaring at Loki and completely ignoring Dark Link. This guy was like a Lucifer fanboy. "That's rich, coming from the god of chaos. But you know, you're right, I'm just delusional. Of course, I could kill you with a punch, but I'm an angel, I don't do that. Although you sound like you deserve punishment. Tell me.. Would you believe me if I.. Changed your views? Proved myself?"

Rumplestiltskin was having fun watching magic blow up in the faces of people. He giggled as a man fell under the spell of a love potion.

Dark Link huffed as he was ignored. Fine, whatever. Ignore me! I've got a cat-person and a spirit to go accompany! He'd had his fun here. He resumed his shadow form soon afterwards and slid under the doorway. The shadow appeared beside Jack and glanced over at the woman curled up in the alley. Ice had formed around her nose and mouth from her breaths, and her visible fur was coated with snow. Hey, is she alright?

"Y'know, America the country? The world's leading superpower?" Clint answered with a raised eyebrow. This chick was an A-class weirdo. He just wanted to buy her the coat and never talk to her again. "They called him that 'cause he's all patriotic er whatever."

"Even without magic, I find it quite difficult for you to accomplish such a feat in one blow," Loki replied easily. "But please, attempt to do so. Either or, really, because I think you're lying on both accounts. I don't think you can kill me in a single blow, nor do I believe your adorably silly tales. Prove me wrong."

Jack looked up as the shadow appeared and began flailing. "I can't make her warm!" He said, obviously panicking at the idea of the woman dying. "She's going to get frost bite and freeze but I can't help. I think I'm just making it worse but I can't do anything."

Dark Link frowned and glanced from Lanie to Jack. He wasn't really able to either. I've got an idea, but I dunno if it'll work. He stated. From his tunic he produced an Ocarina, and played a short

. When the snow turned into a blizzard, he too began to panic. Wrong song! Help me get her inside! I found a place earlier!

"A place without time?" Samus asked. "Curious...this Neverland you speak of must be an interesting place. Although, I can see a multitude of problems with a place with no time." Samus shook her head.

"Never mind my thoughts, we have some people to look for, no?"

"'Not bad guys'? Don't you mean good guys?" Buttercup asked. "If I had a better word for bad guys, I would use it. But I'm five years old and in the kindergarten, so I don't know any big fancy words. But I do like your plan, Eridan. Come on! We got some people to beat up!" Buttercup sped out of the building and into the blizzard outside.

Did the storm get stronger or something? We better find some bad guys fast! We can't stay out here for too long.

Gabriel grinned, his smile full of mischief and mayhem. "Well, if you insist," he said, stooping over to pick up a pen. Suddenly it turned into a newspaper, and he began to read leisurely. "Lets see.. Manhattan.. Six heroes.. Evil smurfs.. Okay, I think I got the picture," he muttered to himself, the paper vanishing as he turned to Loki. "Lets go!" With a snap the room began to spin violently around them, before they were plunged into darkness. Sound returned before vision did- there was blaster fire, screaming, explosions. A familiar angry bellow sounded nearby. As the world around them came into view, there were many shapes taking form- mutilated buildings, blue figures flying past on small aircraft, fires burning, people below running and screaming. They were on a skyscraper. "Oh, did I get it right? I think I did- that deserves a pat on the back," he remarked snidely as a blur of red and gold shot past.

Loki opened his mouth to ask where in the world they were going when the room was suddenly spinning about, making the god quite nauseous. He held a hand over his mouth as his pale skin seemed to turn slightly green. And suddenly, the spinning stopped and he was thrown into battle. The familiar sounds flooded his ears while his eyes were assaulted with familiar visions of chaos, war and death. Oh gods.

Loki went flinched at the sound of a monstrous roar from not that far away. Too focused on the fact that he had somehow returned to battle rather than how exactly it had happened, he quickly wiggled his hands free of the shackles and shoved them into his jacket. Ah, the wonders of having slim hands. But instead of trying to attack anyone or even Gabriel, he waved his hands around and formed a barrier of magic to isolate himself from the battle. He sat down within the barrier and pulled his knees to his chest, the hum of magic only slightly dampening the sounds of the war. He covered his ears with his hands, trying to block out all of the sounds while the barrier blocked his vision with a solid wall of crackling, golden magic.

Jack tried to lift Ca'Lanie but his fingers went right through her body. Oh, right. He couldn't touch people. "I can't carry her," he said bluntly as he stared at Dark Link. "I can't interact with people that don't believe in me."

Dark Link thought that might happen. I'll manage! He lifted the woman up himself with surprising ease and straightened. She was so small and was dressed so lightly...No wonder she was freezing to death! This way! Follow me! The blizzard Dark Link had unintentionally whipped up made it hard to see but he could see the outline of the chapel. He ran inside, ramming the door open with a shoulder to get inside without dropping Lanie. The poor thing was barely conscious. Why hadn't she found shelter anywhere?

Luiz stirred as his foot was stepped on, though he hardly felt it considering how cold it was. Oh, that was a familiar sight.. Must be the cat woman. Pushing through the fog that clouded his mind, he hobbled after the group. He was still tired though, and cold. Flopping down next to her, he curled up against her side and allowed the numbness to seep over him again.

Gabriel whistled as Hulk flew past nearby. "Bet his breath stinks, huh?" He asked, only to see that Loki had built himself a fortress. "Aw hey now, that's no way to talk to someone," he clicked, and teleported inside so that he sat before the god. "You don't look so good. Pale- I mean, you're always pale, but you get the point. Both points, actually. So I'll warn you once: never speak about my home or my origins so flippantly again, or I'll make you relive these moments in a loop for the rest of your life," he said dangerously.

Loki's eyes shot open when his barrier was suddenly breached. Home? Origins? A soft chuckle came from the god which quickly changed to straight-up cackling. "You're home?" He asked, quickly turning hostile. "Your origins? Don't you dare come to me with some made made up sob-story about your family falling apart! At least you have a family you pompous feather duster!" The barrier around him dissipated as he quickly stood and gestured to the surrounding area. "Good show but I refuse to believe this is anything more than an illusion. I've gotten over my initial.. shock at seeing this memory and it's quite clever of you to pull such vivid imagery out but an illusion is all it is."

Jack quickly followed, having thought about opening the door for them but it was shoved open before he could. He quickly shut it after them and looked around at the church before turning to Dark Link. "Now what? What can I get?"

Edited by pudding

Gabriel chuckled at Loki's response, though it wasn't even close to the crazed god's manic laughter. "That so? Well, maybe its real, maybe it's not. How's about I leave you here, and after the tenth time it resets you can start begging for me to let you out?" He asked with a smirk. "Last time I checked, pagans can't alter reality. Too bad you'd be stuck here.. Shoot, got one thing wrong," he interrupted himself, looking around. His gaze settled on stark tower. "They can't see me, but they can see you. I'm curious to see what happens to you at the end of this.. Shall we?"

See those furs? Bring them over. I'll see if can't recall the right song to at least heal any damage the cold has done. Dark Link instructed. What song was it...? It was hard to recall songs from thousands of years in the past! He eventually did remember a song and pulled his Ocarina back out. By the time he finished playing, Lanie didn't appear to be as weak as before. That didn't mean she was in good condition, however. We need to warm her up again, so keeping her in those furs should work well enough

((

)) Edited by shadow_claw

Loki's crazy grin did not fade as he looked about. "Two more things wrong, then," he interjected. "First, I am not a pagan god or whatever you insist upon calling me. And second, I think you are severely underestimating my magical abilities." He looked around, a mad grin on his face. "But go ahead, leave me here. I wonder how long, exactly, I will be staying here..."

Jack quickly ran over and grabbed the furs, dragging them back to Lanie. He practically dumped them on her lap and began carefully arranging them around her, trying to warm her up. This was it, right?

The pale young man assisted Jack in wrapping the furs around Lanie. She was shivering like an animal even when inside. Then again, ice and show was stuck to her fur. As he worked, he carefully eased the woman so that she was laying down. He took his boots off and slipped them onto her feet as well. A lot of warmth escapes from your feet. I can get my boots back later. Dark Link explained to his friend. To someone who knew nothing about falling prey to the cold, his actions must've seemed stupid.

"Severely is a strong word," Gabriel said simply, and snapped his fingers again. He stood off to one side now, giving Loki the stage so to speak, as a green figure hurtled through the glass. Just as he had the first time, Hulk locked eyes with Loki and growled before starting towards him.

There came a muffled sound from beneath the piles of fur. Somehow Luiz had been over looked and therefore had quite a few of the heavy furs dumped on top of him when they were placed on Lanie. It was nice and warm though, so he stayed there, still pressed up against her.

Loki's head snapped to the window when the green monster crashed through the window. For a moment, he was petrified again as he stared down the figure quickly moving towards him. He could run but the beast would probably catch him. He weighed his options briefly then quickly reached into his jacket and pulled out the muzzle and shackles. Well this was unexpected, right? He quickly put all of them on then stared up at the green beast, waiting for him to react. He wasn't moving, he wasn't trying to fight. He was just going to stand and see what happened. Illusion. Its just an illusion.

Jack looked at Dark Link then moved several paces away. "I probably should stay in the corner," he said, eyeing the two of them quietly. "I'm pretty much cold and she'll be worse off near me."

Edited by pudding

Though Loki wasn't looking at him, Gabriel had the biggest smirk on his face as he watched. Oh, he was in for a rude awakening. Hulk stampeded forward, only to stop in confusion as Loki locked himself up. "No tricks!" He snapped, and promptly threw a very real punch at the god's face.