shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

The mood shifted so suddenly. Where had that happiness gone? Luiz was confused but he could practically feel the uneasiness rolling off of Lanie, and it made his ears droop and tail flatten against him once more. He tried to hide his face under his paws.

Loki quickly raised his hands and made small, reassuring gestures. "I swear, it is no fault of your own," he replied, trying not to invoke any bad feelings between the two. "It is my fault alone. I am a criminal, I told you that before. I anticipate people will come to collect me and I do not want anyone else caught up in it."

Loki's attempts at keeping Lanie from being upset were in vain. She seemed to deflate almost instantly. The light in her eyes faded and her tail drooped. "Then...Then I suppose I should go. Here, this belongs to you." She slid the coat from her shoulders and handed it back to Loki. "C'mon Luiz." She muttered half-heartedly. Lanie trudged back outside after speaking, and pulled her hood back up. She just wanted to leave before it got any worse.

((Perhaps she and Luiz can meet Jack and Dark Link? Totts has been gone, and I's like to get them moving again.))

The poor bulldog looked back and forth between the pair, still utterly confused. Mumbling an apology, he hopped up and trotted after Lanie. She was the one who let him go, ergo his friend. "If it makes ya feel better, I won' leave ya," he offered in his usual enthusiastic way.

(sure)

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

Loki watched the two of them leave as something bubbled up inside him. What was it? Regret? He tucked his coat under his shoulder as he looked away. It was for the better this way. He moved into one of the random isles of the church and sat down. Now to wait.

"Thank you, then." Lanie said softly. She made large pawprints in the snow that began to be filled in as soon as they were created. A sound made her pause and peer into an alleyway. She saw nothing, but couldn't shake the feeling that something was there. This was confirmed when the cold metal of a sword pressed against her neck. Dark Link could tell this woman was a threat, and reacted the only way he knew how. He snuck up behind her and held his sword beneath her neck. He had been created to do nothing but kill and destroy, so he didn't know what else to do

Yoshi motioned Felix to sit in a chair, which the Lost Boy did without complaining. He lowered his hood as he looked around wearily. There was all types of different smells about. It was weird with all this stuff about. He carefully put his feet into the bucket of warm water. "Arr?" Yoshi asked him, wondering if he was all right. "What?" Felix aslked blinking.

Rumplestiltskin wondered around. Maybe this place was better than Storybrooke, no Regina or Emma to boss him around. Certainly new people to make deals with. He smiled to himself as he walked along.

"And who is Capt.?" Nami asked, blinking up at the guy.

Luiz felt his fur stand up and snuffled, looking this way and that. Lanie looked nervous, which made him nervous. There was a slight sound and he looked up, jumping in alarm at the sight of the dark figure behind them. He was hurting his new friend! Without a second thought he lunged forward and tried to bite his leg.

Jack frowned when Dark Link suddenly crept away and snuck up behind someone. When a sword was drawn, Jack quickly ran forward to Dark Link. "Don't kill people!" he said, trying to move the sword away with his staff. "That's very bad!"

Dark Link hissed and dissipated into shadow as soon as his leg was bitten. He appeared yet again as Jack's shadow, but it was if he was hiding now. But she's armed! She could kill us all! The shadow had been taught to slaughter anyone with a weapon and the ability to use it. Kill anyone that stood up against the good things Ganon worked towards. Obviosuly his main target was Link, but Dark Link grew tired of fighting himself and remained dormant. Now that he was back in action, all of this violence hard-wired into his head when created was coming back.

Lanie bristled and unsheathed her sword once she was released. Her icy blue eyes lit up with anger. "Show yourself and fight me like a man!" She snarled. Her hood kept her face hidden, but the quick movement allowed her bare paws and tail-tip to be visible momentarily.

Hackles rising, Luiz growled at the source of the voice. His tail was raised and his ears erect- he was ready for a fight. " 'ey man, leave the lady alone!" He barked in his general direction, one paw lifted. He wanted to chase and bite and tear whatever this thing was.

"But killing people is bad," Jack said with a scowl. He looked between his shadow and the strange woman and her dog. "Look, you can fix this easily," he said as he held his staff tighter and easily lept over the two. A breath of air in his hand formed a snowball, which he quickly threw at the back of Ca'Lanie's head. He might not be able to interact with them but snowballs could.

The woman staggered when hit in the back of the head. She glanced around and then sheathed her blade. "What..." She recalled children throwing snowballs at each other as a game. Was this some form of an apology?

Dark Link caught on, but remained as a shadow. He scooped up a handful of snow and tossed it at Lanie. He didn't realize this was for fun, so he rolled out of the way. A chuckle eventually escaped from him. This was actually kind of fun!

Luiz flinched as the first ball of snow flew overhead. By the second one his eyes were wide, small tail starting to wag back and forth. Then he was chasing snowballs as the flew back and forth, barking as he jumped and tried to catch them in his mouth.

"He asked if you were okay," Samus replied. Crouching down while balancing on the ball of her feet, Samus grasped both of the boy's hands. Her helmet dispersed into thin air as she examined the stranger's hands.

"You're going to want to breathe onto your hands so they warm up," she advised as she clasped together. "Your fingers and toes are the coldest parts of your body, meaning, they'll get cold first when you're in the freezing climates. I don't know exactly how long you were out there, but I can tell it wasn't for too long. You'll probably need something to warm up your ears and nose as well.." Samus removed her hands from the boy's and glanced up at him.

"You understand all of that?" she asked.

"See?" Jack said as he formed another snowball, throwing it at the dog this time. "You don't have to kill people. You can just throw small, round objects at them." He planted his staff on the ground then jumped up onto it so he was perched on the top, observing the snow. This was good. This was very good. Of course, none of them could see him but that was expected. He was used to that.

Luiz was promptly smacked in the face with a snowball. He skidded to a halt, blinking the substance out of his eyes. Where had that come from? He looked over, getting a strange feeling that made his hair stand up. He couldn't see anything.. But he had this feeling. Like there was something there. Maybe it was that sixth sense that dogs tend to have. Either way, he crept forward until he was sniffing at where the staff was. "Somethin's funny," he muttered.

Jack stared down at the dog, a smile forming on his face. A large breath formed a pile of snow in his hands, which he promptly released to let fall on the dog sniffing around his staff. Animals usually were better at seeing or sensing spirits. It was weird since he was near certain animals didn't believe in Guardians or spirits but they always seemed to know something.

"Get out of here, you jerk!" Buttercup shouted as the angel flew off. "Don't come back either..." Buttercup stuck out her tongue at the departing angel and pulled down the bottom of her eye, showing the red underneath her eyeball. Satisfied with her gesture, Buttercup moved her arms across once more glanced up at the hole in the ceiling. The thought of how the hole wasn't going to help keep Eridan and her warm crossed her mind, but her haughtiness and anger with the mean angel still captured her mind.

"What a brute," Buttercup snorted as she turned away from the hole. "Popping in here, insulting us, threatening to kill us, calling us weak, and then flying off like the coward he is." Buttercup flew up he hole and glared at the gray sky around her.

"You hear that? You're a coward!" Buttercup shouted into the snow. "Nothing but a filthy coward!" Mumbling under her breath, Buttercup returned to Eridan's side.

"The next time I see him," Buttercup hissed. "I'll show him a thing or two!" To emphasize her point, Buttercup threw punches into the air, a soft swishing sound followed as he stubby arms swung through open air.

Eridan was relieved at the angel's leaving, though his statement about killing him was a bit much. He was practically like the prince of angels, he should be shown more respect.

"wwell, censorkip.gif you too" Eridan called to out the hole.

He looked at Buttercup, she was doing some sort of spiting dance or something?

"wwe'll showw him a thing or twwo if wwe see him, but i wwould prefer to avvoid him at all costs" He said.

wwhat a censorkip.gif***. he better not come seekin us out. i wwon't be lettin him get away so easily next time

Edited by MasterWeavile898

"You bet we will!" Buttercup chimed as she did her signature crossing of the arms. It took a moment for her to realize that she had no clue as to what to do next. They knew they were in Chicago, yes, but they didn't do what to do in Chicago. Buttercup was tempted to fly back to Townsville, but something seemed very off. Wouldn't her sisters go looking for her by now? Surely, they would of been appalled by her suddenly disappearing during a fight. They knew Buttercup absolutely loved fighting and would never miss a chance at doing so. They could fly around the globe just as easily as she could. So why weren't they here already?

"Well I'm stumped as to what we should do next," Buttercup confessed as she landed to kick over an empty can. The clang of plastic against tile was a satisfying sound.

"Unless you have any ideas on what we should do next, I suppose we'll just wait here until something interesting happens."

Dark Link was obviously conflicted about Jack's statement. Everything about it was the exact opposite of everything he had been taught. This was enough distraction for Lanie to hit him in the face. The shadow fell over, and scowled at the cat-creature. As the fight went on, the shadow and the Khajiit learned each others fighting tendencies and eventually got better at hitting one another. When Lanie grew exhausted from the cold, she raised a hand. "That's...That's enough. You win..."

Luiz yelped in alarm and shot forward, running for a good distance before stopping and shaking himself off. "That's messed up!" He complained, drool flying as he shook himself again. Someone had to be doing that! So, he turned and looked for the one doing it. There was no one there, but superstition was one of the bulldog's quirks. Slowly he approached, searching for the person he knew to be dropping snow on him. Gradually he was able to make out a figure- who it was, he didn't know. But he was there. "What's the big idea, droppin' snow on somebody who ain't got thumbs to throw it back?" He complained up at him.

Jack laughed as his plan worked and what had started as a death threat by knife ended with a snowball fight erupting. A job well done, then. His gaze was directed downwards to what appeared to be a talking dog barking up at him. A large grin appeared on his face as he stared down at the mutt from his perch. "Just resolving a bit of conflict, that's all," he replied before he registered the dog was in fact, talking. "Wait, you can talk? And you can see me?"

The bulldog seemed to grin, kneading the snow beneath him enthusiastically. "Yeah! Can't you talk? Well, of course you can talk, were talkin' now. You was invisible before, but I see you now! Nothin' gets past ol' Luiz!" He replied enthusiastically.

Lanie turned her head as Luiz seemed to be talking to nobody. He was holding a conversation, too. "Luiz, what are you doing? There's nothing th-" Pfft. A snowball hit the woman in the back and made her stop halfway through talking. Dark Link, who was now visible, simply couldn't contain his laughter and broke into hysterics. "Oh, you think that's funny?" Beneath the shadows of her hood, her lip curled. Fus Ro Dah! The area around them exploded with raw power as the simple words escaped her throat. Anything in its path (In this case Dark Link) was blown away by the shout. To add insult to injury, it also sent a lot of snow with it (which mostly covered the shadow).