shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

"Yo, you all right there?" a voice cawed out to Roberto. The Spix's macaw looked over to see a rather black bird staing at him. Roberto blinked and cocked his head. "What are you?" he asked. "I'm a raven, but the more important question is what are you?" the raven asked with a deadpan expression. "I'm a Spix's macaw," Roberto replied, unsure how to handle this bird. "Can you help me find my flock?" "How does one lose a flock?" the raven asked, unmoving. "Well you see..." Roberto then launched into detail about how he got there. "Ah! You're one of them losties!" the raven cawed, after he heard the tail. The blue macaw thought he heard a hint of recognition, but couldn't really tell due to the deadpan expression.

"Losties?" Roberto asked. "Yeah, it's what we birds call them," the raven said. "In fact, my master is one of them actually. Sweet person, saved me from humans who started plucking my feathers out." Roberto shivered at the thought. "I really don't care for humans," Roberto said. The raven closed his eyes, trying to think of a way to help this macaw. "She's not actually a human per say," the raven said. "She is in fact a pony, or at least that's what I've seen of her when she's in her apartment alone. She claims she's an alicorn, whatever that is. Would you like to meet her?" Roberto shrunk down. Other people who were lost and magical ponies? What was this world coming to?

Still peering around the door frame, Dug watched as Clint gathered up the things he’d been wearing when they’d met. He was still worried about what had made his master angry and was trying to figure out how to make him happy again, but then he realized that it seemed like Clint was getting ready to go somewhere. Unable to stop himself, Dug entered the room a little and his tail was wagging as he happily said, “Oh boy, are we going to go somewhere? I like to go places.”

~~~~~~~

Elsewhere in a news studio, everyone stared transfixed in horror at what was happening in the desert. When the police helicopter had been brought down, someone had still been capable of thought enough to cut the live broadcast but as the killing continued, a stunned silence fell upon the studio. The news ‘copter had been downed as well, but was somehow still transmitting – possibly because it hadn’t been attacking and so only received a glancing blow. Whatever the reason, the cameraman, though injured, had been able to pull himself out of the wreckage and was propped upon some rocks recording what could only be described as a slaughter.

After the gunfire had died down, they watched as Megaguirus lowered to the ground and Azog dismounted and joined in the killing. Though the cameraman tried to remain silent and still, he was heard whispering, “Oh my God,” as Azog was seen cutting off a policeman’s head. Whether Azog heard the cameraman or if something else caught his attention would likely never be known, but at that moment Azog jerked his head to look directly at the camera lens.

“Oh god,” the cameraman said as Azog gave a vicious sneer and picked up his mace.

“John, get out of there!” the anchorwoman shouted as Azog started toward the camera, and the angle tilted as the camera was clearly abandoned. At first, they could hear the cameraman’s pained grunts but as Azog passed out of the view of the camera, they could hear the cameraman pleading for his life. They then heard a roar from Azog and a scream from the cameraman, but both ended with a sickening thud. The next sound they heard was malicious laughter which caused the anchorwoman to cover her mouth while tears flowed down her cheeks, and the anchorman had gone pale as he clenched his jaw.

When Azog once again entered the camera’s view, they could clearly see blood dripping from his mace. At that sight, the anchorman and a few others became sick while others wept and a couple sank to the floor in shock. The camera was still recording as Azog and Megaguirus finished off the police force, and much to the additional horror of the studio, the two quickly left the camera’s view heading in the direction of a small town.

“We have to warn that town!” someone cried which broke through the shocked haze that had fallen on the studio, and they cut in with another emergency broadcast. Still visibly shaking, the anchors urged the residents of the town to hide because there was no time to evacuate.

~~~~~~~

Aayla focused on her thoughts for a couple moments but then brought her thoughts back to the here and now. “My latest manuscript should be here today,” she said and though it was pretty much a given that Elsa would have to be the one to do so, she still asked, “Will you be able to accept the delivery?” She didn’t like having to remain concealed but she’d had a Force vision of what would happen to them if they were ever taken into custody. Since Elsa was human and Aayla wasn’t, Elsa was the one who typically handled the contact with outsiders which were almost always delivery people. There had been a few times when Aayla had had to accept a package, but she was never comfortable using the Force on the drivers to make them see her as a human; there was also the danger that it wouldn’t work.

Thinking back to the last time she had accepted a package, Aayla remembered sensing the distinct disappointment that the driver had felt that it wasn’t Elsa at the door. “I think our mail carrier is taking a liking to you,” she said with a small smile but then with a jolt of clarity, she realized that there it was, the thing that was missing – human interaction. Though to be honest, her own feelings may have been clouding her intuition, she knew that isolating themselves the way they had wouldn’t be good for Elsa in the long run. Now the question was what to do about it? Should she encourage Elsa to see where things might go with the mail carrier, or to go out and make friends? If she did make friends, how would Elsa explain her never seen roommate? Not finding any immediate answers, Aayla decided to see how Elsa would take that comment.

Yeah. Clint slid knives into their proper, hidden places in his uniform. He glanced down at dug and smirked. You can say that. The archer zipped up his uniform's jacket with a small grin as he did so. That stupid beast was going to eat arrows. If Clint could help take down Galactus, an army of Skrulls, and tons of other "unstoppable" villians, Azog was going down. Arrows rattled as he swung the quiver around his shoulders. Two handguns were holtered at his hips, and finally, his bow was slid into his quiver. Finally.

It was time to get going. I gotta go, Dug. I dunno when I'll be back. You know where the food's at, n' water's in the sink. As he talked, he walked towards the door. The archer slipped his purple-tinted sunglasses over his eyes and snatched up a pair of keys. As his blue eyes flitted back to the Golden Retriever, he frowned. Dug wouldn't do well without him. But Legolas and Samus somtimes stopped over. That'd be okay, right? A hastily scrawled note was left on the counter.

Out for some justice. Be sure to feed Dug.

-Clint

---

By the time he had neared the attack, Clint was forced to stop. The town was so...empty. What was going on? As his skycycle slowed, he rested one foot on the ground. An evacuation? It had to be. He had been flying for an hour or two at least, so. He had to be close. Once his foot returned to the Skycycle, he was zooming off into the desert. Now, how to find a rampaging tyrant with a giant wasp as a pet? It couldn't be that hard. A half-buried object caught the archer's eye. As Clint stopped, he hopped from the vehicle and dug in the grainy sand. This was...a camera? A professional one, too. And that smoke in the distance had to be a helicopter. Good God, were there still people hiding? Man...This ain't good Shifting the camera to one hand, he tapped the glass. Was it still rolling? Self-consciously did Clint glance over his shoulder. Azog had to be close. If not him, that wasp was. A good super-sonic arrow would down that stupid wasp.

Dug happily followed Clint toward the door, but stopped and cocked his head in confusion when he mentioned knowing where the food was. When Clint looked back, Dug’s tail strated wagging and he once again headed to the door but it closed before he got there. Certain that it was an accident on Clint’s part, Dug expected the door to open again right away but after a little bit, his certainty faltered and he scratched the door as he asked, “Master?” He then sniffed under the door and realized that Clint really wasn’t there, so he backed away and gave a small whine as he sat down and looked at the door. After a while, he laid down with his muzzle on the floor between his paws and gave a heavy sigh as he tried to figure out what he’d done wrong to get left behind.

Cold. Alone. These sensations almost instantly vanished as Clementine began to slip away into slumber. But this...was different. It was all gone. The cold, the bitter whip of the wind. Was this what it was like to die? As the little girl peeled her eyelids back, she was startled to be in an entirely different place than when she had fallen asleep. A bed...? Why was it warm? With a squeal of alarm, she realized someone else was asleep. Who was that?! Clementine fell out of the bed, and was almost automatically snatched by unfamiliar arms. Knowing better than to scream in fear of walkers, she instead bit down upon the gloved hand that coveted her mouth. Surprisingly, her captor didn't release her. What was going on?

Sebastian's face remained blank even as the child he had grabbed from Ciel's bed drew blood. A small frown did happen to form on his face as the satin of his gloves were stained a scarlet by his own blood. What a shame...That will need to be dry-cleaned... The pair had grown accustomed to life in modern America quickly. It took no time to establish roots as a corporation and soon become an influence in the modern world. I suggest you cease you struggles. After all, it was you who intruded upon my master.