shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Loki quickly looked back up, his gaze immediately finding the figure perched among the beams. He half stood before he realized who it was and quickly sat back down again. He was pretty sure he did not need his identity thief making a reappearance right now. He sighed and crossed his arms over his chest, quickly adopting an air of superiority. "Woeful?" He asked, laughing slightly. "I know not of what you speak, false one. I am a beacon of happiness."

Dark Link was never one to sit still. He left Lanie's shadow and moved around as a black streak on the ground. This made it more than easy to explore everything nearby. In this case, the dark being followed the indintations of Lanie's footsteps back to the church. He slipped under the door and then rested himself in Loki's shadow. As a result, the shadow of the god because Link's shadow instead.

Eventually Luiz gave up, lost as he was, and curled up in the doorway of some random building. He was too tired to keep looking for Lanie. But he'd find her, after a quick nap. It wouldn't be so cold if he was asleep. "Don't you worry lady, ol' Luiz is comin' for ya," he mumbled.

Gabriel arched a brow at Loki. "Huh, you don't look so happy. Then again, you pagans always were weird," he huffed in an amused way. With a puff of smoke he was beside Loki. "I don't want to alarm you, but I think there's a demon in your shadow," he said, pointing down. Maybe he'd be nice and smite it.

Red eyes became visible shortly after Gabriel spoke. Demon? What was a demon? Was that a bad thing? If you do not mind me asking, what's a demon? He asked this in such an curious, oblivious manner that there was no way he knew what a demon was. The shadow's details grew more and more solid to the point where textures could be seen on him. I'm sort of a...I don't know what I am, exactly. A dark replica of The Hero of Time, I guess. I was sorta made to kill him, but that's kinda stupid, so I never did

"You bet we will!" Buttercup chimed as she did her signature crossing of the arms. It took a moment for her to realize that she had no clue as to what to do next. They knew they were in Chicago, yes, but they didn't do what to do in Chicago. Buttercup was tempted to fly back to Townsville, but something seemed very off. Wouldn't her sisters go looking for her by now? Surely, they would of been appalled by her suddenly disappearing during a fight. They knew Buttercup absolutely loved fighting and would never miss a chance at doing so. They could fly around the globe just as easily as she could. So why weren't they here already?

"Well I'm stumped as to what we should do next," Buttercup confessed as she landed to kick over an empty can. The clang of plastic against tile was a satisfying sound.

"Unless you have any ideas on what we should do next, I suppose we'll just wait here until something interesting happens."

wwell, wwe could-no, wwait. um, or maybe wwe- no, not that. wwhat about- no, there's no wway there" Eridan shrugged, "i havve no ideas

Some mess Karkat had gotten him into. Why couldn't he have made an ocean world?

Eridan's first impression of this place wasn't a good one, the people were so inconsiderate. Feferi had nearly died due to land dwellers like them. He sat down grumpily as his mind relived unpleasant memories. Then he had an idea.

"wwhy don't wwe go see if there are any villains to stop or something? wwe havve nothing better to do" He said.

Gabriel arched a brow and allowed the usual power he'd been building in his hand for a smite vanished. It was either a really bad liar or not a demon. A demon is a creature from hell, designed only to wreak havoc. But I can see you aren't one,"'he replied with a shrug.

"Now you're speaking my language!" Buttercup chimed. She flew up to Eridan and threw a couple punches into the air. "I'll rip them to shreds!" she yelled. Buttercup flew over to the door leading outside. She peaked her head outside and, when seeing no movement, returned to Eridan's side.

"I don't see anyone out there," Buttercup mumbled. "It seems as though we'll have to go out and look for people to beat- I mean, for villains to stop."

Eridan nodded, "wwell then, wwhere should wwe start? maybe you could disappear for a moment and reappear with knowwledge of a vvillainous hideout's location?"

Eridan was mostly thinking of a wriggler's park like the one he had seen earlier. But maybe Buttercup would find a group that was more of a challenge.

Loki's laughter quickly died and he returned to moping. He glanced back at his shadow and the thing apparently possessing it before looking away from the both of them, his eyes drifting down to his lap instead. "I am fine. And even if I wasn't, it certainly isn't any of your business. And I would prefer if my shadow remained... uninhabited."

Gabriel's eyebrow only went higher. "Hey now, if I get to meet the real Loki then I feel like I deserve a story. So again, what's up with you? Cause unless those are bedroom chains I think something's wrong," he replied.

Upon Loki's request, the shadow grew rapidly more human-like. It stopped only when it turned itself into a man with snowy white hair and pale skin. His red eyes remained like they had been as a shadow. Is that better? I prefer to stay a shadow because this form is so weak. Too susceptible to the cold and dependant on food. It can be irritating. he stated. Either he didn't realize he was intruding or didn't care, because the black-clad warrior looked around curiously. Under technical terms, I suppose one could call me a demon. I was sorta made by Demise and Ganondorf to slaughter Link and everything else in my way, but I was trapped in Link's shadow for several milennia.

An embarrassed look overcame the god. He drew in an audible breath as his shoulders slumped slightly. "I did some bad things," he replied, finally loosening up enough to explain some of the details. Not very much, though. "Very bad things. It would be wise if you stopped impersonating me because you'd get caught up in the aftermath of what I've done." He frowned and turned his gaze on the shadow before gesturing to him. "But my tale is not nearly as interesting as that. Just listen to his story instead."

Glancing between Dark Link and Loki, Gabriel resisted the urge to start the name calling. There were so many at his disposal, but he didn't think they'd help him here. "That sucks," he offerd helpfully, "but good to know. Guess I should apologize for pretending to be you, I was sorta hiding from some people."

"It's for your own safety," Loki replied with a smile. "Midgardians...humans are not very pleased with me. I imagine so for I killed quite a few of them and tried to take over their planet. Thousands, I think, died."

"Well, hold on, we got to figure out how far we will go to find some bad guys," Buttercup said. "If I go to the other side of town and find some guys.... then I'll probably just beat them up myself...." Buttercup rubbed the back of her head. Truthfully, she would beat up everyone she saw if she went alone. She wasn't exactly obliged to go back to Eridan, and she was rash in her decision making. It was taking a lot of effort to, at the very least, tell Eridan that she might not come back for him. She wasn't use to having to go back to other people. Her sisters could always catch up and she never had to wait on them. Why would she suddenly change her habit of taking things and waiting for others?

"That's all?" Gabriel asked, tilting his head. "That is pretty bad, but if you're really one of those villainous types that's pretty embarrassing. But you look regretful, so I won't punish you. What're the chains for?" He asked, pointing to his manacles.

Dark Link perched upon one of the pews and grinned mischeviously at the god. I dunno, your story sounds pretty good. Besides, sitting in some guy's shadow for thousands of heard isn't as fun as you think. he replied with a shrug. Wisps of shadow rose off the dark entity like smoke as he moved. It seemed like he was being cruel but he really didn't have much to talk about. Dark Link swung his legs from the top of the bench in a childish way as the two men spoke. Nothing is as irritating as Hylians. You think your humans are bad, try having them attack you as soon as you show up. Apparenly I appear 'threatening' and 'evil' to the light-dwellers.

"And an entire planet of Jotuns," Loki added. He didn't fancy himself a villain but why keep the details now that he was admitting his crimes? And that he certainly didn't regret. "I'm dangerous," he replied almost sarcastically, producing the muzzle from his coat. "I was about to be taken home to be locked away for my crimes when I suddenly ended up on Midgard again. These all block my magic so I can't hurt anyone." He looked over at the shadow then shrugged. "It is with good meaning they attack me."

Edited by pudding

They were both such primadonas. They thought what they had was bad? "Not to rain on your parades," he cut in, looking between them, "but that's nothing. With what I know is happening right now.. Earth and life as you know it might be ripped apart." That is, if the muttonheads didn't stop it first. He had little faith in them.

Loki looked mildly surprised but quickly turned to skepticism to hide this fact. "Really?" He asked, leaning an elbow on the top of the back of the bech as he turned to face Gabriel a bit more. "Why? If this has something to do with Thanos, I'm already aware. He's after my hide as well."

"Thanos? Who the hell is- okay, let's get something straight here. Pagan gods, fairy folk or whatever, all of you who are squabbling and fighting? Its nothing compared to the storm that's coming," Gabriel said, looking irritated. "The residents of Heaven aren't getting along, per se, and their tantrums tend to demolish everything with them."

The shadow tilted his head to the side. Is Majora back? Or is it Ganondorf? He asked. Both had attempted either destroy the world or drastically, so it was only natural for him to assume Gabriel was speaking of one of them. Gabriel's response made his pointed ears angle downwards. Who're you calling a fairy? It's the ears, isn't it? I've got no clue what angels are, so if you could enlighten me on that, all this might make some sense.

Loki was silent for a few moments as he realized this...archangel fellow was a lot more dramatic than he was. That was a very impressive feat. That, and he was completely crazy. Pagan gods? Fairy folk? Sure mortals fancied him a god but that wasn't what he really was. "What is Heaven? It is not in the Nine Realms and is not in any part of the universe I have seen."

"Well, hold on, we got to figure out how far we will go to find some bad guys," Buttercup said. "If I go to the other side of town and find some guys.... then I'll probably just beat them up myself...." Buttercup rubbed the back of her head. Truthfully, she would beat up everyone she saw if she went alone. She wasn't exactly obliged to go back to Eridan, and she was rash in her decision making. It was taking a lot of effort to, at the very least, tell Eridan that she might not come back for him. She wasn't use to having to go back to other people. Her sisters could always catch up and she never had to wait on them. Why would she suddenly change her habit of taking things and waiting for others?

Buttercup had a point. There was really no reason for her to fly somewhere, fly back, and walk with him to somewhere again.

"wwell, i suppose wwe could just knock dowwn a feww wwalls and see if any bad guys are behind them" He said, "wwe wwould havve to be careful not to hurt any not bad guys though"

Eridan honestly didn't care whether or not they found anyone who was a "bad guy", they were all land dwellers in his mind. Maybe he should attempt to acquire a doomsday device with which to destroy them all. Though those diabolical doomsday plans had never really worked before. He'd figure something out though, someday he would find something powerful enough to destroy them all. And also something that wouldn't break immediately.

Sighing, Gabriel pinched the bridge of his nose. Idiots, always surrounded by idiots. "What's an angel? Okay, you two aren't from here. I'll grant you that. So sit down, shut up, and listen, because I'm only gonna go through this once. I'm an angel," he began, allowing his wings to become visible and unfurl from his back. "An archangel to be exact. I was created by God- THE God, not what you pagans think you are. God created all life, all existence, everything. He is currently in heaven-" he pointed up "-where the good people go when they die. If you've done many wrongs in your life, when you die you go to Hell. That should need no explanation. Along with me, he created three other archangels- Lucifer, Michael, and Raphael. Lucifer didn't like mankind, he hated how imperfect humans were, and as a result he and God argued constantly. I left- I didn't want to be involved. Thus pretending to be you," he went on, gesturing to Loki. "It got so bad that finally Lucifer fell, he was cast out of heaven. He began to defy God, creating demons, beings of pure evil. He was secured in a cage, but he escaped. He's going to destroy mankind- but God and the other angels won't allow it. The resulting war will destroy everything. He caught up with me and tried to kill me- but I ended up here instead. And now here we are."