shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

A shift in movement drew his attention to across the street. On the building in front of his, he could make out a dark figure. Seeing as there was no light, he assumed it was a person and didn't realize it was a shadow. How strange.. But maybe it was onto him. The Soldier sighted down the scope of his rifle, finger tightening on the trigger. He'd wait and see what happened next.

Loki watched the two of them then looked downwards. He felt... surprisingly better. The injuries he could see had all vanished and he no longer felt discomfort in his chest. Whatever he had been given was quite powerful. "I feel much better," he said, looking at Lanie as she petted the dog. "Thank you." He looked around the church as he slowly stood, rubbing his wrists where the cuffs had once been. "It is cold here," he said, though he was not bothered by it. "Let us go somewhere else."

Jack nodded and stood awkwardly in the middle of the street, kicking his feet as he looked around. Okay... He'd just wait then. It wasn't like anyone else could see him so it was fine to just stand but it was still strange. It was in his nature to keep moving.

Dark Link glanced about the city below him. Huh. Where did the winged man go? He frowned and rose from his crouch. The shadow's dark form became human after a few seconds of standing. Dark Link turned around to see if the angel was in the streets behind him to notice another man on a building. What the...what was he holding? It didn't look like anything he had seen before. Whatever it was, he was smart enough to realize it was a weapon. The doppleganger unsheathed his sword and readied his shield in case of an attack. With some people, there was no telling.

"Hm? Sure, we can go elsewhere. I would like to change into my armor first, however." Lanie decided. She rose from her bedding and pulled the white dress over her head. Being in the warrior class meant she fought with men, and that meant she and her teammates had changed in front of one another before. This and growing up with too many siblings to count made modesty in changing clothes nonexistant. A layer of hide was put on first, then the sleek black armor. It seemed to conform to her thin body when Lanie put it on. "There we are. Shall we?"

Edited by shadow_claw

The Winter Soldier narrowed his bloodshot eyes at the figure across from him, shifting the gun in his grip. They were at an impass now. "Who are you?" He finally called, his voice a growl. He made a scary sight- long brown hair, hooded and bloodshot eyes covered by a domino mask, his body decked out in weapons. He was a stone cold killer.

Luiz rolled over and sat up, wagging his tail enthusiastically. They were going somewhere warmer? Good! "Where we goin'?" He asked happily.

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

Blood-colored eyes narrowed at the man. A fight could easily start here. Surely Jack wouldn't keep him from killing this man? Especially if Dark Link wasn't the one to attack first... I could ask the same! What makes you assume you can aim a weapon at me? he snarled back. The juvenile attitude Dark Link originally had when he realized he was free had vaporized. Instead, the nature that led to Link had killing the shadow surfaced. The urge to fight boiled in Dark Link veins. This man seemed like a good challenge, too.

The man narrowed his eyes even further at the dark figure. He was really asking for it. The Soldier wasn't shy about killing, he would do it when asked or really any time the opportunity presented itself. He wasn't just an assassin, he was psychotic. And he was made that way. "I make me assume that I can some a weapon at you," he replied bitingly. "I don't know where I am, and that's the only reason you're still alive. Give me what I want to know and maybe I'll leave you in one piece."

Loki didn't say anything but he did turn his head away when Lanie suddenly began changing. "Well," he said, looking back since he assumed she was done changing. "Neither of us can really go out like this. But don't worry, I am a master of disguise." He smiled as magic surrounded the both of them in an illusion. With no real experience with what Midgardians looked like, the illusion that surrounded Lanie made her look like the Black Widow while he took the appearance of Captain America, minus the super silly suit. What was his name again? Steve? "Adorable. Now you look like the natives a bit more. And I look wonderfully righteous. God bless America. Let's go find a hotel."

((I see no way of this ever possibly going wrong in any way at all.))

Dark Link's lip turned up in a grin. He vaporized into shadow, only to appear right beside The Soldier. If I knew where I was, do you think I would be looking around on a rooftop? He chuckled, No. I happen to be lost myself. This place is nothing like my home. A mischevious glare shone in his luminescent, scarlet eyes as he spoke.

Lanie inspected her new appearence with interest. This illusion's build was just like hers, minus the fur and tail, of course. She happened to like the red hair as well. It contrasted beautifully against her pale skin and dark clothing. "That is an interesting trick. You must show it to me some time." Lanie blinked in surprise at the change in her voice. Huh. This was actually kind of cool! "Shall we?"

(( biggrin.gif ))

"It's only a trick if it's a secret. Otherwise everyone would be doing it and it wouldn't be any fun." Now that he was healed, he was back in action. No more moping about. "Tricks are my trade," he added as he strode towards the door, showing no sign of discomfort in his disguise. "The dog is fine how he is, though. He is native to Midgard, or at least appears it. Just avoid talking to people. Midgardian mutts do not speak."

(PUDDING. I GOT THAT REFERENCE YOU SLY DOG. "My this suit is tight!" )

Luiz jumped up, bouncing on the pads of his feet eagerly. "That's awesome!" He exclaimed, tongue lolling out. He loved going on 'adventures', like the one with the crazy birds and Carnival.

The Soldier flinched and in a flash had a knife, slashing at the shadowy figure. Startling him had been a terrible idea; he'd set him off. Losing the gun, he advanced mercilessly, hacking and slashing at him with a crazed look in his eye.

Dark Link stared down at the new gash in his chest in surprise. Instead of him bleeding, a red light leaked from the wound. He vanished in an instant, now upset ghat he had allowed himself to get hurt. When he rose from the cement, the creature's sword was drawn, and he was behind his foe. You call that fighting? Bring it on. Dark Link sneered at The soldier, and leaped at him.

Lanie glanced around outside, taking in all the strange sights. The tall buildings and busy people were all very new to her. As she looked about, her eyes rested on some form of commotion on the roof of a building. "There's something going on up there!" The warrior declared to her friends. That couldn't be good.

((Best. Scene. Ever.))

Loki nodded, a small smile on his face. "Yes," he agreed, pleased that his skills were actually appreciated instead of scorned. He continued to walk, not noticing Lanie had stopped until she declared there was something going on. He turned and looked upwards at where something that looked like fighting was going on. "I'm sure its fine," he replied. "We best not get involved."

(Chris Evans was perfect in that scene. Oh my god that whole movie.)

The Soldier sneered at Dark Link, drawing a saber of his own. It was a slim silver blade with a gold hilt that curled over the hand of the wearer. Basically he had any weapon imaginable stashed on his person. "Die," he spat, and jumped to meet him. He quickly moved to parry the swing of the shadow's sword, moving then to slice at his arm.

Luiz trotted along at their heels, his small form barely above the snow. Hopefully they wouldn't be out in it for long, he'd get cold again very quickly. "We shouldn't bother 'em, they could be crazy," he agreed with Loki.

Dark Link raised his shield to block The Soldier's attack. When his opponent charged yet again, he pulled a move he used on Link. He jumped, landing perfectly on The Soldier's saber. The shadow laughed cruelly at his opponent, and leaped from The soldier's weapon. You can't kill a shadow! Dark Link use his velocity to swing his sword downwards as he descended.

Lanie hesitated but eventually relented to her friends' wishes. "Alright. I'm just concerned is all." She decided. Her now green eyes still remained on the battle as both men dueled. Reluctantly, she turned away from the scene. "Now where did you say we should go?"

The Winter Soldier bared his teeth as the shadow landed on his sword, watching as he jumped up and swung down. Quickly he rolled out of the way, reaching onto his belt and grabbing a canister. "Try me," he retorted, throwing a flash bang at him as he turned away. It would hurt his ears, but he wouldn't see the flash at least.

"A hotel," Loki replied, looking away. He waved his hands, causing a pile of green bills to appear. He fanned them out as if they were cards, a smile on his face. "Midgardian money is so simplistic to replicate." He smiled before a sudden flash from the rooftop caught his attention and he looked up. Some fight was going on up there. "Perhaps it might be best to at least see what is going on. It doesn't seem like a normal fight."

Coming to the conclusion that staying still wasn’t going to reveal any answers, Azog decided to investigate where he was. As he started walking toward where sounds were coming from, he started to be able to make out the sounds of fighting off in the distance. Rounding a corner just in time to see a bright light flash on a tall, but nearby rooftop, he couldn’t help but wonder if that cursed wizard was up there. Looking at the building, he didn’t see any way up it, so he tucked the thought away for later. Besides, it wouldn’t be wise to go after the wizard on his own. Turning his attention to the people on the ground, he sneered when he realized that they were all of the race of Men; puny creatures that they were. Most of these people were looking up to the commotion, and bearing down on the nearest man, he didn’t pick his target up this time, but he raised his mace as he growled in the Common Tongue, “What is this place?”

((pudding, wasn’t sure if you had set plans for Loki, so it’s your call whether Azog is talking to him, or just some unfortunate person. ))

Dark Link's reaction was expected of him. The light and sound combined stunned him to the point where he was unable to switch forms, so he remained human as he tried to recover. His ears rang and very form seemed to malfunction with so much light at once. The shadow staggered, both hands clapped over his pointed ears. His sword clattered to the ground in his daze.

"I'll meet you up there." Lanie decided. She took a running head start and then jumped against a wall. She used the momentum to kick off another, and then grasped onto the ledge of a nearby building. Even in this form, it was easy for her to gracefully preform acrobatic feats. Lanie pulled herself up onto the building with ease. To reach the building in which the battle was on, she merely took a running head start and jumped. Lanie rolled as she met the ground, and then straightened up. "What's going on?!"

((I just want to wait until Loki confronts the Winter Soldier. I like confrontations like that.))

Loki raised an eyebrow when Lanie easily scaled the building then sighed. Well, that wasn't inconspicuous at all. "Stay," he told the dog, thinking it was far too chubby to actually manage the stairs. It certainly looked that way to him. He quickly stole inside the building, climbing the stairs as fast as he could until he was at the roof. He shouldered open the door and looked at the scene Lanie was already present in. Wait, wasn't the shadowy thing from before that had been in the church?

(Oh yes. They'll either get along swimmingly or clash)

Luiz whined as he was made to stay put. He could help! Yeah.. No he couldn't. "They went without me," he mumbled, plopping his bottom down to watch from the ground.

Grinning savagely, the crazed man pulled a dagger from a sheath on his chest and prepared to throw it when a woman jumped up beside him. A cat woman, to be exact. He whipped towards her, his grip on the blade shifting to a defensive one as he tried to calculate:

1) if she was a threat

2) if so, how hard it would be to kill her

3) how to kill both her and the shadow thing at the same time.

"I was putting this excuse for a warrior in his place. He shouldn't have attacked me," he growled in her direction, tightening his metal fingers around the knife hilt. Technically Dark Link only spooked him, but still. As the door behind her opened, he tensed again, only to grin and straighten. "Ah," he said, staring at Loki, "I know you."

((Loki disguised Lanie as Natasha as part of his illusion, btw.))

Loki stopped in the doorway, staring at the seemingly insane man. "Really?" he asked, wrinkling his nose. Oh, this was bad. He had selected Steve since he knew the most about him. And the fact that everyone he knew was dead. So who was this guy? "I'm afraid I don't know you. Have we met? Who are you?"

“Secura to Endurance, do you read me?”

“We read you, General.”

“Objective completed, I’m making my way back to the shuttle. How’s everything looking up there?”

“We copy. Everyth-“

“Endurance, do you read?” Aayla was on Hoth, so at first she attributed the loss of contact to the wind and snow that had suddenly picked up, so she continued walking while trying to reestablish contact the ship. However, her Jedi senses were then suddenly bombarded by the presence of an untold number of beings. Normally, such a feeling wasn’t a problem for her, but the unexpectedness of it had her reeling. If she didn’t know any better she’d swear she was in a large – the wind calmed enough that she could see again – city.

She knew Hoth didn’t even have any small settlements, let alone a city this large, so she was sort of in a daze as she walked onto a crowded sidewalk. Pulling back the hood on her cloak as she looked around her, she also extended her senses as far as she could, and came to a startling conclusion. “This is not Hoth,” she said quietly to herself.

“WOW!” She heard from nearby, and a young boy ran up to her and said, “Cool Jedi costume!”

“Uh…thank you?” Aayla replied with some uncertainty.

“I was Obi-Wan for Halloween.”

“Oh?” She was now totally confused as to how exactly he ‘was’ Master Kenobi. “What’s Halloween?”

At that point the boy’s mother came up, and said, “Come on Danny, let’s not bother the uhhh…nice lady.” As the woman pulled her son away, Aayla could sense the uncertainty, suspicion, and even a bit of fear that she was directing at her, and she also noticed that most of the people around her seemed to feel the same, though there was also some amusement in the mix of emotions.

Pulling her hood back up, she ran into the nearest empty alley, and once there she tried her communicator again. “Secura to Endurance, do you read me?” Met with nothing but silence, she could feel dread trying to form inside her, so she moved a little further into the alley, and using the Force, she cleared the snow off a spot so she could sit and meditate and calm down. Since she was dressed for Hoth, the cold wouldn’t be a problem for a while yet.

((Not sure who all is where, but anyone can feel free to interact with her. Hmm, if Jack’s looking for something to do…Would a Jedi be able to sense his presence? wink.gif ))

The grin on the man's face wasn't a good sign at all. "Oh, you wound me Captain. Do our little fights mean so little, that you simply forget me so easily?" He asked, and soon had a pistol leveled at whom he thought to be captain America, his number one enemy. The Winter Soldier's lips curled into a sneer. "Of course you'd be here. Saving the day again, Mr. Rogers?" He taunted. He of course didn't remember his history with Captain America, only that HYDRA had more or less coded him to despise the man. They'd gotten into several fights before, but neither of them realized who the other was. James simply didn't have his memories anymore, they were buried beneath brainwashing and everything else that had been forcibly crammed into his mind.

Loki's eyes narrowed when a gun was suddenly pointed at him. Well, it was safe to assume they weren't friends. "Put the gun down," he said slowly. It would be more dangerous to drop his disguise and reveal his true nature. Might as well continue the charade a bit longer. "Are you looking for a fight? Because I'd be happy to comply." The tough act was fun. He usually didn't look very strong or threatening and never got to throw his weight around like Thor did. He preferred his intelligence but pretending to be the muscle-clad idiot was fun.

((I don't watch Star Wars but I'd say yes.))

Edited by pudding

"With you?" The Soldier asked, looking him over. His sneer spread into a manic grin. "I'd love to," was the only warning Loki got before bullets were flying. He didn't even bother to reload, just emptied his gun at 'Steve' and tossed it aside in favor of grabbing a knife and charging him with deadly precision, swooping low and swinging the knife at his stomach.